The Karen Collection

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: The Karen Collection

Unread post by Ulysses »

Well, I know a family where the kids are named ... Darren and Karen. Their mom thought it was appropriate about 50 years ago. She said it was easier to remember and/or call them for dinner. LOL.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

California woman falsely accuses Black man of stealing son’s phone at Walmart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JzNaFH4PYE
... When Bryant asks the woman if he will get an apology when the police arrive and find that he doesn’t have the phone, the woman replies, “Sure.”

... The woman’s son then walks in, holding his phone.

“Her son found it in the car,” said Bryant. “Now, I’m gonna press charges.” When he asked the woman again for her name, she tells him to “go f**k himself.”

... Internet sleuths zoomed in on the woman’s shirt which had the name and logo of Kaiser Permanente, a healthcare organization in California. She has reportedly since been identified as Liz de la Torres, a Kaiser employee.

The organization put out a statement on Twitter, saying, “Thank you for sharing this. This video has been brought to our attention and we are actively investigating it. The conduct in this video does not in any way reflect the views or beliefs of Kaiser Permanente.” ...
:---P

Hey Ulysses, as a Kaiser customer you could have some impact on this.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The non-racist ha ha Karen Collection

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:53 pm
Too fricking funny

https://youtube.com/shorts/9lAsQyi0HyA?feature=share
LOL.

But kind of sad, too. Think of how the gas station owner must feel.

Although I suspect it happens more often than one might imagine. Cause, you know, there's lots of Karens out there.

And it would have been even better if she had called the cops, and they showed up and gave her a ticket for the dangling gas hose.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Too fricking funny

:lol:

I once had a downtown San Francisco businesswoman scream at me about bums. When she finally paused to catch her breath I explained to her that I was just trying to exchange 2 dimes and a nickel for a quarter since the newspaper machine only took quarters. She blushed and made the exchange.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Homeowners yell at man trying to save neighbor's life on their lawn

... "Get the man out of here," the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said the homeowners told the good Samaritan. "Have him die somewhere else." ...
:wtf: :obscene-birdiered: I hope that Florida social media has outed them by now. Otoh:
... According to the sheriff's office, the lawn worker, identified in the post as Tony, was walking to work on Monday when he saw the driver having a seizure in his car. He ran toward the moving vehicle on Dunes Road and grabbed the car's fender in an attempt to stop it from rolling farther down the street, officials said. The car finally stopped in the homeowners' yard.

A Palm Beach, Florida, man known as Tony has been recognized by his local community for saving another man's life. (Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office)

The convulsing driver was "in terrible shape" when Tony got to him, according to the sheriff's office. The car's windows were up and the doors locked, so Tony started screaming and begging for someone to help, authorities said.

That is when the homeowners told him to "get off our lawn," according to the Facebook post.

Tony recognized the driver, remembered he lived nearby and ran down the street to the man's house, where he was able to reach the driver's wife and call 911.

"Because of Tony’s actions, we received a call yesterday from the man he helped," officials said in the post. "The man called us to ask for Tony’s phone number. The man said, 'I want to talk to Tony….. He saved my life.'"

That meeting occurred on Wednesday.

"The grateful man and his wife went and found Tony, and gave him a hug," the sheriff's office said.
:-||
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Too fricking funny

Fakeroo.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:57 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Too fricking funny

Fakeroo.
How can you tell?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:21 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:57 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Too fricking funny

Fakeroo.
How can you tell?
Just seemed too stupid and ridiculous. She had to have walked right over the hose to get to the car behind her.

Looked in the comments and apparently they are a husband and wife.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:14 pm
Just seemed too stupid and ridiculous. She had to have walked right over the hose to get to the car behind her.

After you posted I also scanned the comments. Saw that one and others, but no one offered evidence for the alleged fakery. Sad to say, these days I am neither persuaded by YT shouts of "Real", "Fake", nor by claims of "Too stupid to be real." I couldn't find anything on Snopes and googling didn't help.

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:33 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

After you posted I also scanned the comments. Saw that one and others, but no one offered evidence for the alleged fakery. Sad to say, these days I am neither persuaded by YT shouts of "Real", "Fake", nor by claims of "Too stupid to be real." I couldn't find anything on Snopes and googling didn't help.

I think one of the comments mentioned they've posted other bullshit videos.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm
I think one of the comments mentioned they've posted other bullshit videos.
Could very well be, but sans a link or naming the couple it's just as likely to be a bullshit comment. As we show here all the time, if something can be debunked it's easy and fun to do so with proof.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:33 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

:shock: At first I thought that was Sarah Huckabee Sanders dry humping a fence. I then realized it's just a run of the mill sloth.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:27 pm

:shock: At first I thought that was Sarah Huckabee Sanders dry humping a fence. I then realized it's just a run of the mill sloth.
Well, there are sloths, and then there are sloths. I'm not sure, but if I saw one of those on my fence, it would a notable sight. And the one in the photo looks like a three toed version. We need to determine the actual toe count. So we can make dancing shoes for it.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:04 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:27 pm

Well, there are sloths, and then there are sloths. I'm not sure, but if I saw one of those on my fence, it would a notable sight. And the one in the photo looks like a three toed version. We need to determine the actual toe count. So we can make dancing shoes for it.
Well, let's forget the humor aspect of what I posted and concentrate on slothism......Unlike some tree dwelling mammals, a sloth does not have a prehensile tail. It uses its tail to dig a small hole to shit in. Sloths do not shit in trees or on fences. Especially not on weekends. And the vast majority of sloths do not have a park bench like this one does.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The racist Karen SHS

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:22 am
Well, let's forget the humor aspect of what I posted and concentrate on slothism......Unlike some tree dwelling mammals, a sloth does not have a prehensile tail. It uses its tail to dig a small hole to shit in. Sloths do not shit in trees or on fences. Especially not on weekends. And the vast majority of sloths do not have a park bench like this one does.
Sloths also have long claws rather than fingers and their faces are very different. I got that you were just making the joke in order to dis Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

I liked the pic as being a cool fence straddler. I thought that it was an orangutan, but the tail and face shape are now giving me doubts. I’ve mostly ruled out it being a golden lion tamarin and TinEye reverse image search didn't help. Anyone want to weigh in?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I have no idea if that's a sloth; just made a guess. It could easily be one of trump's illegitimate children or even his other brother.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Not a sloth, but it seems to have an excellent hair dresser.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Too bad it's not a video....if it got off the fence and then gave two thumbs up, we'd know for sure.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »