Impeachment

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Commander

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Whack9 »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:26 am
America is a shining city upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere."

My ass.

I'm not proud of my country.
Potemkin Presidency.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Republican "defences":
1. He didn't do it
2. He may have done something that looks bad when taken out of context
3. There's no evidence he did it
4. He may have done it, but the evidence isn't direct
5. We don't want to hear direct evidence
6. He did it, but we don't care
7. He did it, and it's perfectly acceptable and in the national interest.

The Kremlin would have been so proud.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Just finished sending a tasty note to Lamar Alexander, king pussy of the universe. He should have a toxic waste dump transit place in Memphis named after him. My last two words in that note, which contained no cheese, were "fuck you"

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:35 pm
Just finished sending a tasty note to Lamar Alexander, king pussy of the universe. He should have a toxic waste dump transit place in Memphis named after him. My last two words in that note, which contained no cheese, were "fuck you"
Eloquent though you may be, I think everything prior to the last two words was probably extraneous.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:43 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:35 pm
Eloquent though you may be, I think everything prior to the last two words was probably extraneous.
Ah, well, it started off like how I was ashamed and degraded by being "represented" by him, told him how I'd long given up on Marsha and was sort of counting on him and then I started telling him what I really wanted to say. Nothing was in any way ambiguous. It was the sort of thing he dreads but knows is out there. I laid it on him.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:59 pm
Ah, well, it started off like how I was ashamed and degraded by being "represented" by him, told him how I'd long given up on Marsha and was sort of counting on him and then I started telling him what I really wanted to say. Nothing was in any way ambiguous. It was the sort of thing he dreads but knows is out there. I laid it on him.
He's retiring this year and this was a big fat Lamexit 'Fuck you!' to TN and America, punctuated with his rubbing it in by admitting that he was abetting a criminal.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:57 pm
Lamar Alexander says charges against Trump are 'proved' but will vote against witnesses

... The Senate is scheduled to vote on the question of witnesses Friday, and Alexander’s opposition for calling witnesses means that at the most there will be 50 votes for witnesses and 50 against, with support from only three Republicans: Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, and Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah.

Only Collins had announced as of Thursday night that she supported witnesses....
Only Mitten retained his integrity and Collins her fading chances of reelection. I'm not sure whether Murkowski abstained or voted against witnesses, but there were only 49 votes for them.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:16 pm
Only Mitten retained his integrity and Collins her fading chances of reelection. I'm not sure whether Murkowski abstained or voted against witnesses, but there were only 49 votes for them.
Murkowski voted against witnesses. :x

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:54 am
Added to:Dolt .45’s legal team, only “the best”:

Pat Cipollone - Catholic activist, proponent of dictatorial view of executive authority, implicated in the Ukraine scandal
Jay Sekulow - bankruptcy protection in 1987 and was sued by investors for fraud and securities violations, general counsel for Jews for Jesus, rightwing radio host, self-dealing charity management, prominent Islamophobe, directed and abetted Michael Cohen's Trump Tower Moscow perjury, also implicated in the Ukraine scandal
Alan Dershowitz - lawyer for OJ, Jim Bakker and Jeffrey Epstein
Ken Starr - persecuted Bill Clinton for fibbing about sex, presided over the Baylor athlete sex crimes and coverup
Pam Bondi - failed at overturning the ACA, illegally bribed to not sue Trump U, public association with Scientology, registered lobbyist for Qatar
Robert Ray - Ken Starr Whitewater protege and successor
Rudy Giuliani - unindicted co-conspirator

Trump’s Legal Team Is Made Up of Religious Fanatics and TV Personalities

Trump assembles a made-for-TV impeachment defense team
Not that it matters to the 45SHOLE impeachment at this point:

Schiff calls out Trump lawyer Cipollone after Bolton places him 'in the loop' on Ukraine

Cipollone and Sekulow should be disbarred for the conflict of interest "defense" that was also a coverup of their own crimes. Rudy, too, for different ethical breeches too numerous to list.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Rudy has a pair of ethical breeches? Hell, I bet he never wears them or lost them a long time ago.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:22 am
Who knew that leftists detest images that depict their behavior.
Benedict Arnold a distant relative of Adam Schiff, they certainly resemble one another.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:01 am
Rudy has a pair of ethical breeches? Hell, I bet he never wears them or lost them a long time ago.
Attorney Rudy doesn't even have ethical briefs.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:45 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:22 am
Who knew that leftists detest images that depict their behavior.
Benedict Arnold a distant relative of Adam Schiff, they certainly resemble one another.

I think Benny looks more like Lindsey Graham than Adam Schiff. And let's face it; if Benny didn't wear that little pouch with dead birds in it, he'd not been such a fucking outcast. He was a brilliant military guy until he thought he'd been treated unfairly; sort of like the kind of "treated unfairly" whine we often hear from the raccoon eyed juvenile pathological liar who has a mouth that often resembles an anus that you worship. Oh, Adam would never wear a pouch of dead birds around his neck. That's fucking stupid.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Must be the eyes that give them away.
Arnold's memory lived on in the land of his birth, where his name became synonymous with the word “traitor.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:16 pm
Arnold's memory lived on in the land of his birth, where his name became synonymous with the word “traitor.”
He was a military hero in the early part of the American Revolution fighting mostly in Canada. Go to your library and quit the cult. You will learn lots of stuff. The most significant will be your realization of how stupid you used to be. Good luck.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Worshipers of the lifelong cowardly Chickenhawk in Chief, crapper on our national anthem, should probably avoid discussion of war heroes, whatever side of the conflict they were on. The irony is too stark, and they just make themselves look like cretinous crybabies.
1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Leftists come to Benedict Arnold's aide, who would have known.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:23 pm
Worshipers of the lifelong cowardly Chickenhawk in Chief, crapper on our national anthem, should probably avoid discussion of war heroes, whatever side of the conflict they were on. The irony is too stark, and they just make themselves look like cretinous crybabies.
Yes, very much so. Cultists are like water; they seek the path of least resistance and will follow any path or leader who cons them into an easy lazy superior affectation they can adopt as their own and be able to squawk about in a confident way. Stupid is strong.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:29 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Leftists come to Benedict Arnold's aide, who would have known.
More psychobabble nonsense. Nobody is taking anyone's side except you. Others try to no avail to educate you about American history but you prefer to believe it started with a black president and now you're gloating. You will always be an ignorant white man and not realize it.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Obama has been long gone.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:33 pm
More psychobabble nonsense. Nobody is taking anyone's side except you.
Illiteracy or just being a pussy when his mewling stupidity didn't work out as he hoped but exactly as anyone with even half a brain would have predicted? Some people are able to think several moves ahead, others never even catch up to real time and stay several moves behind.
Others try to no avail to educate you about American history but you prefer to believe it started with a black president and now you're gloating. You will always be an ignorant white man and not realize it.
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.