Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:02 pm
Wow! The retro Blueridgenow, aka Hendersonville has an episode here too.Image
Why do you delight in the struggles of others? Is that what Christians do? You seem to be taking the role of Satan in this irrelevant dispute that does not even concern you since you never rep;y to the questions of why you hate your country and your religion. How is it possible to hate the things you profess to love? Doesn't it make you dizzy? Annd before you get excited, little lulu nor my sister are relevant to any of this. But if that's too complex for you to glom onto or much less understand, feel free to post some irrelevant gibberish that reflects your obsessions. Do it now.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

No wonder you allied yourself with 1 FAT CAN, Ulysses.
viewtopic.php?p=118168#p118168
billy.pilgrim to 1 FAT CAN wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:38 pm
Next time you change my comments, use color, parentheses, or better yet, don't change my posts.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:40 pm
please don't change my posts without making it bigly obvious. This could be taken as something i wrote
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:49 pm
Right-wing Christian LEO ethics are "special".
Birds of a feather.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Bristol is in my county, Sullivan County. The other day the lead story on the local news was that in Bristol, on State Street (one side of the street is Bristol VA and the other side is Bristol TN) the businesses in TN were all open and most of the ones in VA were not open.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:57 pm
Next time you change my comments, use color, parentheses, or better yet, don't change my posts.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
please don't change my posts without making it bigly obvious. This could be taken as something i wrote
Vrede too wrote:
Birds of a feather.

And now you are attacking me for saying "thanks".

Dude, you got it bad, real bad.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:21 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:45 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:07 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:53 pm

The angry vred says that I may offended you by pointing out that there are jerks outside of this forum.

He also claims that you and I offended .oomba.
Yeah, he's making even less sense than usual.
I'm not too sure about his claim that plural only pertains to this forum, but if he wants to be the world's only jerk - ill vote for him
Well, I'd be happy to cast a second vote.
and it gets more absurd

1cat changed my posts in a quote in a way that it wasn't completely obvious, so I altered his quoted post - God created man, woman and trans and a few other changes. Then I suggested that he stop changing my posts in the quote or at least use color to make it obvious.

It was more of a threat for more of the same, but somehow the paranoid angry vred saw you, 1cat and me forming an alliance. wow

Yeah, that'll be the day
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:59 pm
You're cowering from the question, as usual.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:50 pm
Quick edit saved you again

Desantis fanboy was deleted

I guess you realized that you were busting yourself again
:lol: :!: :lol: :!: :lol: :!:

You are such an idiot! Not just the wrong post, not just the wrong thread, but the wrong forum entirely:

DeSantis fanboy

You are such a whiny, perpetual victim crybaby, DeSantis fanboy. Guaranteed: This will be yet another obvious major screw up that you will never have the balls to admit.

Liar

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:13 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:57 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Birds of a feather.
And now you are attacking me for saying "thanks".

Dude, you got it bad, real bad.
:confusion-scratchheadblue: :lol: Are you drunk?

1. You did not say "thanks" or a synonym of it.
2. As you know, my post, "Right-wing Christian LEO ethics are 'special'," is me backing you up when you criticized 1 FAT CAN:
3. You're welcome for #2. Shame that you never learned manners.
4. As you can see above, your "special' friend (nttawwt) Ulysses did to me what you righteously criticized 1 FAT CAN for doing - changing my post "without making it bigly obvious."
5. This post you're so stupidly whining about is not aimed at you at all. The very first sentence makes it clear that it's aimed at Ulysses, duh.
6. All I did was use your righteous words to show Ulysses that he's being unethical like 1 FAT CAN.
7. That honors what you and does not attack it, you paranoid, perpetual victim crybaby.
8, Dude, YOU got it bad, real bad. You really ought to contemplate how often the things you're throwing tantrums over are the result of your rotten comprehension skills.

Guaranteed: This will be yet another obvious major screw up that you will never have the balls to admit.

Note: After being scolded by billy.pilgrim, 1 FAT CAN had the decency to post, "Gotcha billy, carry on."
Ulysses, does not have the decency or balls to do so. He is less ethical than 1 FAT CAN.

Guaranteed: Hypocritical whiner billy.pilgrim will never back me up like I did him and criticize Ulysses for doing exactly what 1 FAT CAN did, nor will he pan Ulysses for not having the ethics that 1 FAT CAN does in agreeing to stop this version of abusive posting.
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:29 am
and it gets more absurd

1cat changed my posts in a quote in a way that it wasn't completely obvious, so I altered his quoted post - God created man, woman and trans and a few other changes. Then I suggested that he stop changing my posts in the quote or at least use color to make it obvious.

It was more of a threat for more of the same, but somehow the paranoid angry vred saw you, 1cat and me forming an alliance. wow

Yeah, that'll be the day
See my post immediately above. You are a whiny idiot.

Guaranteed: This will be a compounded obvious major screw up that you will never have the balls to admit.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:30 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:59 pm
You're cowering from the question, as usual.

Still cowering from the question, as usual.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:50 pm
Quick edit saved you again

Desantis fanboy was deleted

I guess you realized that you were busting yourself again
:lol: :!: :lol: :!: :lol: :!:

You are such an idiot! Not just the wrong post, not just the wrong thread, but the wrong forum entirely:

DeSantis fanboy

You are such a whiny, perpetual victim crybaby, DeSantis fanboy. Guaranteed: This will be yet another obvious major screw up that you will never have the balls to admit.
Liar
:lol: :!: Guarantee proven.

Not only did I show perpetual victim crybaby billy.pilgrim how he conflated the wrong post, wrong thread, and wrong forum entirely, but it would not have ever made sense for me to even mention DeSantis in the post that he's whining like a toddler about:
viewtopic.php?p=118140#p118140

Dude, YOU got it bad, real bad. You really ought to contemplate how often the things you're throwing tantrums over are the result of your rotten comprehension skills.

Guaranteed: This will be yet another obvious major screw up that billy.pilgrim will never have the balls to admit.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Thinning the herd.....

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:39 am
Thinning the herd.....

“As this timeline proves, Hannity has covered Covid-19 since the early days of the story,” a Fox News spokesperson said in an email to WBEZ. “The ‘study’ almost completely ignores his coverage and repeated, specific warnings and concerns from January 27-February 26 including an early interview with [National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony] Fauci in January. This is a reckless disregard for the truth.”

hehe, fox said, "This is a reckless disregard for the truth.”

dat bigly funnily

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:39 am
Thinning the herd.....
Thanks.

Article:
Study Finds More COVID-19 Cases Among Viewers Of Fox News Host Who Downplayed The Pandemic

... Researchers at the Becker Friedman Institute for Economics at University of Chicago took a deep dive into those implications in the working paper “Misinformation During a Pandemic,” in which they examined the audience that watched Hannity versus Tucker Carlson Tonight.

Right-wing Fox News is the most watched cable network in the U.S., and half of its audience is over the age of 65. Many of its television shows and personalities downplayed the threat of the novel coronavirus and thus received harsh criticism for ignoring a public health crisis....

The paper notes that Carlson was an outlier on Fox and, as early as Jan. 28, spent a chunk of his show discussing the dangers of a global pandemic. He continued to warn of deadly consequences....
It would be interesting to see a comparison of Faux Noise viewers with non-Faux Noise viewers.

Study:

Misinformation During a Pandemic
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Once upon a virus...

Article:
A Chinese propaganda video mocks America’s response to the coronavirus crisis

... The Lego Group, for its part, says it had nothing to do with the making of this video.
:lol:

Granted, the China part is self-serving, but the America part - ouch.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Kids are used to playing with superhero and G.I. Joe action figures - but these days, there are new heroes in town. On Wednesday, Mattel released new dolls to honor the workers on the front lines of the coronavirus battle. The toy company has created nurse, doctor, EMT and delivery driver figurines.

From April 29 through May 31, customers can purchase #ThankYouHeroes dolls online, Mattel said. Net proceeds will be donated to #FirstRespondersFirst. Each doll will cost $20, and $15 will go to the campaign.

#ThankYouHeroes is part of Mattel's Fisher-Price brand and will be the first of several efforts from the company's "Play it Forward" platform, the company said in a press release.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:39 pm
Kids are used to playing with superhero and G.I. Joe action figures - but these days, there are new heroes in town. On Wednesday, Mattel released new dolls to honor the workers on the front lines of the coronavirus battle. The toy company has created nurse, doctor, EMT and delivery driver figurines.

From April 29 through May 31, customers can purchase #ThankYouHeroes dolls online, Mattel said. Net proceeds will be donated to #FirstRespondersFirst. Each doll will cost $20, and $15 will go to the campaign.

#ThankYouHeroes is part of Mattel's Fisher-Price brand and will be the first of several efforts from the company's "Play it Forward" platform, the company said in a press release.

I can't find a rating for this fund raiser. Do you know how much goes to first responders?

Its always worth knowing. Kinda sucks when they keep 90% of donations.

https://www.investigatetv.com/cashing-in-on-charity-2/

"Outreach Calling raised more than $5.8 million for the Firefighters Support Foundation based in Massachusetts. But the professional fundraising company’s fees and expenses exceeded $5.2 million. The charity essentially paid the fundraiser 90 cents of every donated dollar.

"And of the more than $600,000 raised by Midwest Publishing for the Center for American Homeless Veterans, 90% covered the fundraiser’s fees and expenses."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:21 pm
Study: Americans trust Fauci more than Trump or their own governors

Caveat: It's a national survey and "own state's governor" includes poor ones like FL's DeSantis (R) and GA's Kemp (R), or good ones like MI's Whitmer (D), MD's Hogan (R) and CA's Newsom (D).
This week in Trumponomics: America’s most unpopular leader

Americans appreciate the leaders they see guiding the nation through the coronavirus crisis. President Trump isn’t one of them.

A large new survey from Northeastern, Rutgers and Harvard universities finds that in each of the 50 states, people rate their governor’s handling of the crisis higher than they rate Trump’s. The average approval for governors is 66%, 22 points higher than Trump’s 44% approval.

There’s reelection trouble for Trump in these numbers. Trump severely underperforms governors in six swing states likely to determine the presidential winner in November’s elections. Trump trails the governor by 32 points in Ohio, 27 points in Michigan, 22 points in Pennsylvania, 19 points in Wisconsin, 16 points in North Carolina and 5 points in Florida. Four of those six—Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and North Carolina—have Democratic governors, which means voters there favor the Dems’ strategy over Trump’s Republican approach....

So we muddle along. Despite the tumbling economy, there’s optimism among investors, who pushed the S&P 500 stock index up more than 12% in April, for its best monthly showing since 1987. Stocks are down 12% for the year and down 16% since the Feb. 19 peak, which is reassuring given that stocks were down 34% in late March. Howard Silverblatt of S&P Dow Jones Indices calls it a “bull run in a bear market.”

Markets are rising on the belief that the worst is over and states will be able to continue the gradual business reopenings starting to occur—without any setbacks. Public health experts aren’t so sure. They warn of a coronavirus resurgence as people move about more freely, without a vaccine or freely available testing. If the governors screw up, voters will sour on them. They could sour on Trump even more.
I got griefed for post after post for guessing that the public IDed FL's DeSantis (R) and GA's Kemp (R) as "poor" relative to "good" MI's Whitmer (D), MD's Hogan (R) and CA's Newsom (D), and later OH's DeWine (R) and NC's Cooper (D). Surprise surprise, I was correct with all 7.

THE STATE OF THE NATION:
A 50-STATE COVID-19 SURVEY

Trump vs own governor on CV-19 response approval, with differential (page 9)

AL: Trump 55%, Gov (Ivey, R) 59% -- 4%
CA: Trump 34%, Gov (Newsom, D) 71% -- 37%
DC: Trump 28% - worst ranking for Trump, Mayor I assume (Bowser, D) 56% -- 28%
FL: Trump 47%, Gov (DeSantis, R) 52% -- 5%
GA: Trump 47%, Gov (Kemp, R) 56% -- 9%
HI: Trump 32%, Gov (Ige, D) 39% - ouch, tough crowd -- 7%
MD: Trump 38%, Gov (Hogan, D) 80% -- 42%
MI: Trump 36%, Gov (Whitmer, D) 63% -- 27%
NC: Trump 47%, Gov (Cooper, D) 63% -- 16%
OH: Trump 51%, Gov (DeWine, R) 83% - best ranking for any gov -- 32%
SC: Trump 47%, Gov (McMaster, R) 54% -- 7%
TN: Trump 52%, Gov (Lee, R) 64% -- 12%
WA: Trump 34%, Gov (Inslee, D) 71% -- 37%
WY: Trump 59% - best ranking for Trump, Gov (Gordon, R) 61% -- 2%
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:38 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:21 pm
Study: Americans trust Fauci more than Trump or their own governors

Caveat: It's a national survey and "own state's governor" includes poor ones like FL's DeSantis (R) and GA's Kemp (R), or good ones like MI's Whitmer (D), MD's Hogan (R) and CA's Newsom (D).
This week in Trumponomics: America’s most unpopular leader

Americans appreciate the leaders they see guiding the nation through the coronavirus crisis. President Trump isn’t one of them.

A large new survey from Northeastern, Rutgers and Harvard universities finds that in each of the 50 states, people rate their governor’s handling of the crisis higher than they rate Trump’s. The average approval for governors is 66%, 22 points higher than Trump’s 44% approval.

There’s reelection trouble for Trump in these numbers. Trump severely underperforms governors in six swing states likely to determine the presidential winner in November’s elections. Trump trails the governor by 32 points in Ohio, 27 points in Michigan, 22 points in Pennsylvania, 19 points in Wisconsin, 16 points in North Carolina and 5 points in Florida. Four of those six—Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and North Carolina—have Democratic governors, which means voters there favor the Dems’ strategy over Trump’s Republican approach....

So we muddle along. Despite the tumbling economy, there’s optimism among investors, who pushed the S&P 500 stock index up more than 12% in April, for its best monthly showing since 1987. Stocks are down 12% for the year and down 16% since the Feb. 19 peak, which is reassuring given that stocks were down 34% in late March. Howard Silverblatt of S&P Dow Jones Indices calls it a “bull run in a bear market.”

Markets are rising on the belief that the worst is over and states will be able to continue the gradual business reopenings starting to occur—without any setbacks. Public health experts aren’t so sure. They warn of a coronavirus resurgence as people move about more freely, without a vaccine or freely available testing. If the governors screw up, voters will sour on them. They could sour on Trump even more.
I got griefed for post after post for guessing that the public IDed FL's DeSantis (R) and GA's Kemp (R) as "poor" relative to "good" MI's Whitmer (D), MD's Hogan (R) and CA's Newsom (D), and later OH's DeWine (R) and NC's Cooper (D). Surprise surprise, I was correct with all 7.

THE STATE OF THE NATION:
A 50-STATE COVID-19 SURVEY

Trump vs own governor on CV-19 response approval, with differential (page 9)

AL: Trump 55%, Gov (Ivey, R) 59% -- 4%
CA: Trump 34%, Gov (Newsom, D) 71% -- 37%
DC: Trump 28% - worst ranking for Trump, Mayor I assume (Bowser, D) 56% -- 28%
FL: Trump 47%, Gov (DeSantis, R) 52% -- 5%
GA: Trump 47%, Gov (Kemp, R) 56% -- 9%
HI: Trump 32%, Gov (Ige, D) 39% - ouch, tough crowd -- 7%
MD: Trump 38%, Gov (Hogan, D) 80% -- 42%
MI: Trump 36%, Gov (Whitmer, D) 63% -- 27%
NC: Trump 47%, Gov (Cooper, D) 63% -- 16%
OH: Trump 51%, Gov (DeWine, D) 83% - best ranking for any gov -- 32%
SC: Trump 47%, Gov (McMaster, R) 54% -- 7%
TN: Trump 52%, Gov (Lee, R) 64% -- 12%
WA: Trump 34%, Gov (Inslee, D) 71% -- 37%
The only grief you got from me was Michigan having more cases per thousand than Florida, in spite of Florida having more tourism and seaports and for whitmer's seemingly toothless response.

Whitmer seems to be headed in the right direction while DeSantis deferred to the counties, as trump had deferred to the states, yet somehow Florida is doing better. Take away the Miami area and the rest of Florida is doing better than most states.

I would love to be able to say her EO works and DeSantis head in the sand didn't, but so far the only numbers that agree are some idiotic popularity contest.

This study wasn't a popularity contest for governors until you turned it into one.
Popularity contests are bullshit, it's way past time for them in any discussion. We should be discussing what works and what doesn't and how to implement effective measures. You and jared running around with your participation trophies doesn't help anyone.

Responses from all states could have been better.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ummm, the “Responses from all states” are at the link for the second survey. You fail initiative and comprehension, again.

As quoted above, ALL that I ever said about the governors was a guess as to whether their own populations perceived them as being relatively “poor ones” or “good ones”. This is what sent you into a raging tantrum. I was correct as proved by the 2nd survey, and you just don't have the balls to admit it.

As I’ve said all along and you cower from, how a state is doing is dependent on many factors, with gubernatorial action being just one of them. This has just been your wussy deflection from what I did post about all along.

If you want to dismiss the opinions of your fellow Floridians as being “some idiotic popularity contest,” so be it. Who else should we look to for assessing how your new hero, DeSantis, is doing? Seems to me that they should know better than anyone, and are equally competent to make this judgement as you are.

Then, that “idiotic popularity contest” will certainly matter in Nov, with Florida’s electoral votes possibly deciding the presidency. Haven’t you heard?
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:18 am
... Take away the Miami area and the rest of Florida is doing better than most states....
:confusion-scratchheadblue: :confusion-scratchheadblue: :confusion-scratchheadblue: Take away the Detroit area and I'll bet that MI is looking much better.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Drop LA and California looks lots better, and I'm pretty sure WA would take the opportunity to report without including Seattle. Of course densely populated areas would be expected to have more cases. More opportunities for close contact,and more people total. Problem is, though that if the more rural areas do get a cluster, such as from a church, community clubs, buffet restaurants, whatever, they're less able to deal with it medically. Look at Sioux Falls - nobody much had the virus until Smithfield didn't do much for precautions and boom - 900 cases in one place. IMNVHO, the out of the way places that don't have many/any cases should be grateful they live where they do and look at STYFH orders as good prevention instead of wanting to increase their risk. Covid can be anywhere now. Nunavut even has it.

But in opening, I think they should stop looking at it so much as "essential" and focus on those businesses and places where it's possible to establish good preventive measures and where crowding can be minimized.