Romney Wins Again

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Tertius
Squadron Leader

Re: Romney Wins Again

Unread post by Tertius »

keyboarder wrote:Nothing goes over my head Brother.

I can only sit and wonder what my life as a mother of four would have been like if my husband had not been a drunkard that loved night life and his friends over his family. I do not regret getting my family away from him, only that he couldn't accept responsibility for his actions. The burden was always on me, with or without him, but i could have appreciated someone coming up with any plan that wouild have at least given me a break.
Hey, couldn't ask for better children now. All have good jobs and two are in college. Daughter works at North Grove doctor's Park as patient advocate/scheduler. My job was actually three jobs. My Mom was my only help and she lived a couple of miles from my house. she would come and make sure that they were getting their homework and had taken their baths. I always had their meals prepared and mom would line them up at the sink to do their part of the cleanup. She read to my children and made sure they were in bed early. I always had a good job and was able to subside off of it. It helped that Mom always grew a garden and she and i and my daughter would can and freeze most of it. I was able to put my kids thru high school but they have paid their way to get additional education. I have one son that is raising his two children because his wife fell into drug addiction and is lying as a vegetable and been that way for eight years. He's had those children by himself and spends all of his time with them. When he needs me, I'm there. The children are in sports and with his schedule, he is not always able to pick them up. His son is in honors classes and plays sports and his daughter is a cheerleader and is A/B honor roll. The time he has invested in those children is admirable for the average man. He has even taught his son how to play the guitar and i teach them piano if they want it.
Most of us will not find a cure for cancer or some mankind advancing accomplishment. The most important thing most of us can do is be a good parent regardless of life's circumstance. Congratulations be proud you earned it.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Been there done that.
Your husband must known my X-wife. I know child care wasn't cheap, I paid nearly $600.00 per month for 2 kids for a few years and being a man I was scrutinized everytime I wrote or checked I was a single parent. If it was on an athletic application or a visit to the Dr. Even had a women ask once at a Dr.'s office are you sure, I said excuse me she said you checked no spouse or mother whatever it was. I asked are you dumb, don't you think I would know.
The best was when my child broke her arm at 4 years old, I took her to the ER and as soon as the idiot read where I put single parent Social Services was there within 10 minutes. Took my kid to one room where she cried for an hour because she wanted me and put me in another room and when I went to see my kid I was DETAINED by an ARMED OFFICER who lied like your typical Crackhead. His reason was they said my daughter told a nurse I broke her arm, she never seen anyone when they took us to the room and SS showed up. Still waiting more then a decade for an answer from the Hospital administrator as to their policies where they contact SS when a single Male brings in a child. I know they don't do it when a single Mom brings in a child.
This was ridiculous and I still have one minor at home and til this day I get asked dumb questions because I put down single and my daughter puts no where it says mother.

Good job to any single parent because it's more then just being a single parent, it's all the backage that goes with it!

keyboarder wrote:Nothing goes over my head Brother.

I can only sit and wonder what my life as a mother of four would have been like if my husband had not been a drunkard that loved night life and his friends over his family. I do not regret getting my family away from him, only that he couldn't accept responsibility for his actions. The burden was always on me, with or without him, but i could have appreciated someone coming up with any plan that wouild have at least given me a break.
Hey, couldn't ask for better children now. All have good jobs and two are in college. Daughter works at North Grove doctor's Park as patient advocate/scheduler. My job was actually three jobs. My Mom was my only help and she lived a couple of miles from my house. she would come and make sure that they were getting their homework and had taken their baths. I always had their meals prepared and mom would line them up at the sink to do their part of the cleanup. She read to my children and made sure they were in bed early. I always had a good job and was able to subside off of it. It helped that Mom always grew a garden and she and i and my daughter would can and freeze most of it. I was able to put my kids thru high school but they have paid their way to get additional education. I have one son that is raising his two children because his wife fell into drug addiction and is lying as a vegetable and been that way for eight years. He's had those children by himself and spends all of his time with them. When he needs me, I'm there. The children are in sports and with his schedule, he is not always able to pick them up. His son is in honors classes and plays sports and his daughter is a cheerleader and is A/B honor roll. The time he has invested in those children is admirable for the average man. He has even taught his son how to play the guitar and i teach them piano if they want it.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Vrede wrote:As always, there must be more to the story than Det.Thorn's confused version. I'm not saying there was abuse but no ER calls DSS solely because a single dad brings in an injured child.
I once belonged to a fathers legal forum way way back and this is not uncommon, single men (fathers) are discriminated against much more then single moms we just don't run to a lawyer trying to sue is all.
One of my attorneys for my business begged me to sue everyone from the Nurse all the way up to the Administrator and the Hospital. He told me he would even do it on a contingency basis.
And I bet you don't believe a hospital ER will let someone sit in a room having a possible M.I. until they get his ins. info? I witnesses this by the way in a local hospital here in WNC. Get out once in a while will ya.
Yup vrede must of been there and knows all. You have no clue do you.
So when is your day to go to Fla. as an expert eyewitness in the Martin case.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede wrote:[
All I'm saying is that something made the ER more suspicious than your 'single dad' BLAMING here, not that they should have been or that you hurt your kid.
Naaa, they just saw the "kick me" tattoo on his forehead and dumped on him like everybody else.
BTW, I don't know where the Colonel was when he suffered this one of many discriminatory and harassing events, but in most states a person who makes a child abuse report in good faith can't be sued for doing so, and medical personnel are required to report if they see someone who seems to match a list of criteria. But obviously, the Colonel would have had a better case because it would be easy to prove they had no reason for a report, did not act in good faith and just were out to get him personally for being a single dad.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Vrede wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:
Vrede wrote:As always, there must be more to the story than Det.Thorn's confused version. I'm not saying there was abuse but no ER calls DSS solely because a single dad brings in an injured child.
I once belonged to a fathers legal forum way way back and this is not uncommon, single men (fathers) are discriminated against much more then single moms

That I believe, though much less so now than decades ago.

we just don't run to a lawyer trying to sue is all.

Single dads are as likely to sue or not sue as anyone else.

One of my attorneys for my business begged me to sue everyone from the Nurse all the way up to the Administrator and the Hospital.

If he just heard your version I'm not surprised. What damage did you suffer other than being interviewed by DSS?

He told me he would even do it on a contingency basis.

SOP for lawyers in civil suits, everyone knows that.

And I bet you don't believe a hospital ER will let someone sit in a room having a possible M.I. until they get his ins. info?

It happens, shame on them, but it's not the usual.

I witnesses this by the way in a local hospital here in WNC.

Maybe the triage RN was a better judge of it than you. Was it an MI?

Was tachycardia. They had previous heart attacks and issues and knew what the deal was. It was a 90 year old volunteer(So we were told). His cardiologist who was never called by the way even though he was asked for several times, Days later at the follow up ( was clueless of the incident) said if someone didn't intervene and start procedures to slow is HR of over 200 BPM when they did he would most likely of died.
A relative had to go into the hallway and GRAB a Dr. and bring him into the room who immediately got him onto a stretcher and started the IV and meds. Only the second time in my life that I seen a Dr. Yell at a nurse. They were about to shock him when his HR just went down. The patient had already passed out in a wheel chair and this idiot was still trying to get information from his 12 year old relative.
Get out once in a while will ya.

Yup vrede must of been there and knows all. You have no clue do you.

I know lots, lots more about ERs than you do. Ask Wneglia.

So when is your day to go to Fla. as an expert eyewitness in the Martin case.

Still defending Zimmerman - the now proven liar? Figures.
All I'm saying is that something made the ER more suspicious than your 'single dad' BLAMING here, not that they should have been or that you hurt your kid.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Vrede wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:...A relative had to go into the hallway and GRAB a Dr. and bring him into the room

So, he was placed in a room before the insurance info. was gathered. The usual, as I said.

who immediately got him onto a stretcher and started the IV and meds.

The MD started the IV and gave the meds? Rare.

Only the second time in my life that I seen a Dr. Yell at a nurse. They were about to shock him when his HR just went down. The patient had already passed out in a wheel chair and this idiot was still trying to get information from his 12 year old relative.

Probably a registration clerk. It's their job to learn what they can from whoever they can. They can't do medical care. Or, if a nurse, it was a better shot than getting important health history from the 90 year old, tachy, passed out patient. Why was his only accompaniment a 12 year old? Where was the rest of the family?

Again - I know lots, lots more about ERs than you do. Ask Wneglia.
LOL no the 90 year old was the person asking for the info. The 12 year old was with the patient while the other relative went to try to get help, which was the Dr. who took total charge, he was the one who yelled albeit softly he showed his displeasure with what ever his title was who left and was never seen again. This Dr. did the IV, injected 3 tubes of something and was about to shock when instantly the HR went right from 200+ to 60.

Apache
Red Shirt

Unread post by Apache »

My oldest son who is now 34, broke his shoulder bone. His little friend jumped off the see saw and he fell. I was told my Dr. Gowdy that the shoulder bone was often of the most often bones broken in child abuse cases. He was preparing me if I was contacted. I for one would rather have an overzealous system, than one that was indifferent. Sure it may be unpleasant for those who are innocent, but innocent children are hurt every minute in this country. More than I care to admit, need all of our help.

BTW, I'm sure it was horrible for you and I do know that a single male parent faces different issues than the female. I hope your children are thankful for their father. And you are proud of the job you done. Being a single parent is one of the hardest jobs in the world. And sometimes the most thankless!!!

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:...A relative had to go into the hallway and GRAB a Dr. and bring him into the room

So, he was placed in a room before the insurance info. was gathered. The usual, as I said.

who immediately got him onto a stretcher and started the IV and meds.

The MD started the IV and gave the meds? Rare.

Only the second time in my life that I seen a Dr. Yell at a nurse. They were about to shock him when his HR just went down. The patient had already passed out in a wheel chair and this idiot was still trying to get information from his 12 year old relative.

Probably a registration clerk. It's their job to learn what they can from whoever they can. They can't do medical care. Or, if a nurse, it was a better shot than getting important health history from the 90 year old, tachy, passed out patient. Why was his only accompaniment a 12 year old? Where was the rest of the family?

Again - I know lots, lots more about ERs than you do. Ask Wneglia.
Don't ask me. I haven't been in an ER (except as a patient) in 38 years. I know a lot about cancer in general and radiation treatment, specifically, but I know far less than Vrede about emergency medicine.

:mrgreen:

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

I expect a bias liberal moderator like Candy Crowley. At least get one more photogenic. It's TV for gosh sake. She belongs at home watching TV with rest of us ugly people. Scratch "with" and add " like."

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Tertius wrote:I expect a bias liberal moderator like Candy Crowley. At least get one more photogenic. It's TV for gosh sake. She belongs at home watching TV with rest of us ugly people. Scratch "with" and add " like."
Well at least you're consistent and non-discriminatory. I seem to remember your making the same comment about the photogenicity of Jim Lehrer in the first debate. Oh wait...

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

O Really wrote:
Tertius wrote:I expect a bias liberal moderator like Candy Crowley. At least get one more photogenic. It's TV for gosh sake. She belongs at home watching TV with rest of us ugly people. Scratch "with" and add " like."
Well at least you're consistent and non-discriminatory. I seem to remember your making the same comment about the photogenicity of Jim Lehrer in the first debate. Oh wait...
Nope that wasn't me. Lehrer did a great job. Without Candy Obama would have lost this debate too. I had it a tie with Romney better on facts. But Candy helped Obama spin the Libya thing. Something she has admitted when no one was watching. She is done I hope.

It seems to me if given such an honor one would try to be evenhanded. She failed.

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

If Obama wins Candy will be the new White House Press Secretary.

If Romney wins she will be the local news chief at WHKP; Hendersonville AM station for those who do not live in Hooterville.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Reality wrote:If Obama wins Candy will be the new White House Press Secretary.

If Romney wins she will be the local news chief at WHKP; Hendersonville AM station for those who do not live in Hooterville.
She is not a reporter at all nothing more then a left wing liberal propagandist is all. She is their new Hero. :lol: :lol: I'm sure one of Banni communist web sites will pick her up, with a tow truck that is.
So how come thi libs here aren't making fun of her disgusting habit of eating like they did Chris Christie? Liberal fat good, conservative fat bad. They wouldn't be Hypocrites would they :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Whenever something happens that the nutters don't like they pull out their old liberal
media bias thing as they've been doing for the last forty years. Stupid then, stupid now,
just like the wingnuts.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

Tertius wrote:I had it a tie with Romney better on facts. .
Other than Mittens getting his name right.. what "facts" are you talking about.. ?
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..