The Food Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
JTA
Commander

Re: The Food Thread

Unread post by JTA »

'
Hooooooooooooollllyyy shit.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

[pizza Hut} Greg Creed, Yum’s chief executive officer, has said he isn’t happy with how the chain has performed since it debuted a new menu last year. In the most recent quarter...

Ya think it might be because you're not selling real PIZZA, idiot?
I only eat pizza anymore when I'm in NY or NJ, but some of the older Pizza Hut pizzas were up to standard, competitive with the real stuff. But "hot dog pizza" seriously? "Cheeze filled crust?" Barbeque? Fuhgetaboutit!

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Oh yeah a recipe to share:

1) Corn on the Cob
2) Mayo
3) Pepper
4) Garlic Powder
5) Salt
? (6) Paprika (I didnttry it, but I bet it would help)

Mix all dem shits together and slather it on your corn. Wrap in foil and grill. Then eat.

O Really
Admiral

Nope. Can't improve on fresh, right off the stalk corn.
Wrap in wax paper (no, not Glad Wrap)
Microwave for 2 minutes per ear.
Enjoy.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:[pizza Hut} Greg Creed, Yum’s chief executive officer, has said he isn’t happy with how the chain has performed since it debuted a new menu last year. In the most recent quarter...

Ya think it might be because you're not selling real PIZZA, idiot?
I only eat pizza anymore when I'm in NY or NJ, but some of the older Pizza Hut pizzas were up to standard, competitive with the real stuff. But "hot dog pizza" seriously? "Cheeze filled crust?" Barbeque? Fuhgetaboutit!
I honestly don't discriminate against Pizza. I've had relations with some pretty questionable pizza in my days, and also with some high dollar pizza. What I can tell you is it all makes you feel good just the same.

I'll eat any pizza you give me.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:Nope. Can't improve on fresh, right off the stalk corn.
Wrap in wax paper (no, not Glad Wrap)
Microwave for 2 minutes per ear.
Enjoy.
No way man. When I ate my corn on the cob today it felt as if I was gettin' it on while eating a slice of God's prototype pizza pie at the same time. It was an amazing experience.
Last edited by JTA on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

That is just wrong.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

GoCubsGo wrote:

That is just wrong.
Lemme tell you what's right though.

1) Croissant rolls (the ones you bake yourself)
2) Cheese Sticks
3) Butter + Garlic Powder
4) Pepperonis

Mix all dem shits together, so that it's all wrapped in the roll. Bake. When done dip your pizza abominations in some sghetti sauce, or marinara sauce and eat 'em up good.

O Really
Admiral

JTA wrote:\
I'll eat any pizza you give me.
Understood, Grasshoppah, but your life is enhanced by developing a sense of quality in pizza as well as in beer. A slice of pizza has about the same number of calories and, ummm, "nutrients" if it's a frozen di Giorno or a pepperoni at Joe's in the Village, but there's a difference in the product. Like there's a difference in Bud Lite and beer. Enjoy life - don't waste a minute on bad beer or inferior pizza.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:[

That is just wrong.
Says the guy from Chicago where pizza is a loaf of bread and a spray of tomato sauce.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:

That is just wrong.
Says the guy from Chicago where pizza is a loaf of bread and a spray of tomato sauce.

Hey, it's good bread and good tomato sauce, especially if the "bread" is stuffed with spinach, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, garlic and bacon.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

JTA wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

That is just wrong.
Lemme tell you what's right though.

1) Croissant rolls (the ones you bake yourself)
2) Cheese Sticks
3) Butter + Garlic Powder
4) Pepperonis

Mix all dem shits together, so that it's all wrapped in the roll. Bake. When done dip your pizza abominations in some sghetti sauce, or marinara sauce and eat 'em up good.

Dude, either you are young or I'm getting old. Life's too short to drink bad coffee, bad beer or anything processed and/or out of a box. T'was a day when I was munched out I would have scarfed that concoction down. Rearview mirror, farm to table (or as close to it as possible, costs $$) tastes so much better and is a lot easier on your intestinal tract :)

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
O Really wrote:

That is just wrong.

Hey, it's good bread and good tomato sauce, especially if the "bread" is stuffed with spinach, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, garlic and bacon.
Well, anything with fresh mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic and bacon can't be bad, fershure. But I still like a thinner crust.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote: Life's too short to drink bad coffee, bad beer or anything processed and/or out of a box. T'was a day when I was munched out I would have scarfed that concoction down. Rearview mirror, farm to table (or as close to it as possible, costs $$) tastes so much better and is a lot easier on your intestinal tract :)
I've been telling him that. Hopefully it will eventually sink in.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
O Really wrote:

That is just wrong.

Well, anything with fresh mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic and bacon can't be bad, fershure. But I still like a thinner crust.

I like them all, I live in a pluralistic society and my taste buds are happier for it.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote: Life's too short to drink bad coffee, bad beer or anything processed and/or out of a box. T'was a day when I was munched out I would have scarfed that concoction down. Rearview mirror, farm to table (or as close to it as possible, costs $$) tastes so much better and is a lot easier on your intestinal tract :)
I've been telling him that. Hopefully it will eventually sink in.
You have, it will, just a matter of when.

O Really
Admiral

Favorite coffee: Seattle's Best #4
Favorite Beer: 1554 Black Lager
Favorite fish: Salmon, grilled
Favorite steaks: Hickory Nut Farms ribeye
Favorite bike trail: Ridgeline at DuPont (and you get to have beer after)
Favorite paddle: Silver Springs, Florida (and you get beer after)
Favorite pizza: Marta, NYC

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:Favorite coffee: Seattle's Best #4
Favorite Beer: 1554 Black Lager
Favorite fish: Salmon, grilled
Favorite steaks: Hickory Nut Farms ribeye
Favorite bike trail: Ridgeline at DuPont (and you get to have beer after)
Favorite paddle: Silver Springs, Florida (and you get beer after)
Favorite pizza: Marta, NYC

I've got too many to list, it'd be like 1a, 1b, 1c for all categories.......kinda like Magic, Michael, Larry or LeBron, they're all great (but MJ rules, ok...maybe a bad analogy but you get where I'm coming from).

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

I make my own with Boboli crusts, pesto, feta, whatever meat I have thawed and the veggies that feel right at the time.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.