Red State Moochers

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Red State Moochers

Unread post by bannination »

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/mag ... n_ref_map=[]
By nearly every measure, people who live in the blue states are healthier, wealthier, and generally better off than people in the red states. It’s impossible to prove that this is the direct result of government spending. But the correlation is hard to dismiss. The four states with the highest poverty rates are all red: Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Texas. (The fifth is New Mexico, which has turned blue.) And the five states with the lowest poverty rates are all blue: New Hampshire, New Jersey, Vermont, Minnesota, and Hawaii. The numbers on infant mortality, life expectancy, teen pregnancy, and obesity break down in similar ways. A recent study by researchers at the American Institute for Physics evaluated how well-prepared high schoolers were for careers in math and science. Massachusetts was best, followed closely by Minnesota and New Jersey. Mississippi was worst, along with Louisiana and West Virginia. In fact, it is difficult to find any indicator of well-being in which red states consistently do better than blue states.

jknowgood

Re: Red State Moochers

Unread post by jknowgood »

You are plain wrong.Everybody knows that its the Republicans that pay the way for the libs to mouch of.This is true in every state.And besides,just look at all of the failed liberal countrys to,if you dont believe me.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

The magazine's outlook is associated with the Democratic Leadership Council and "New Democrats" such as former US President Bill Clinton and Connecticut Senator Joseph Lieberman, who received the magazine's endorsement in the 2004 Democratic primary; so did Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton in 2008.
You really should try reading or getting your info from something other then Liberal rags, kind of diminishes your out look some.

AntiAlias
Pilot Officer

Unread post by AntiAlias »

Colonel Taylor wrote:
The magazine's outlook is associated with the Democratic Leadership Council and "New Democrats" such as former US President Bill Clinton and Connecticut Senator Joseph Lieberman, who received the magazine's endorsement in the 2004 Democratic primary; so did Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton in 2008.
You really should try reading or getting your info from something other then Liberal rags, kind of diminishes your out look some.
Joe Lieberman is a liberal?

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

AntiAlias wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:
Sen. Joe Lieberman, an Independent who caucus with Senate Democrats, was first elected in 1988, and reelected in 1994, 2000, and 2006. Sen. Lieberman was elected as a Democrat in his first three races, and as an Independent in 2006 after losing Connecticut's Democratic primary for his Senate seat.

AntiAlias
Pilot Officer

Unread post by AntiAlias »

Colonel Taylor wrote:
AntiAlias wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:
Sen. Joe Lieberman, an Independent who caucus with Senate Democrats, was first elected in 1988, and reelected in 1994, 2000, and 2006. Sen. Lieberman was elected as a Democrat in his first three races, and as an Independent in 2006 after losing Connecticut's Democratic primary for his Senate seat.
You know someone can be a Democrat and not be a liberal, don't you?

Apache
Red Shirt

Unread post by Apache »

Can you image the horror if the government actually took all that gubermint money away from those states :lol: I mean who is hollaring the most about gubermint having to much control over people. A part of me would love to see that happen, talk about riots in the streets!!! Red neck Bubba and his family loaded up with all the family guns marching to Washington.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Apache wrote:Can you image the horror if the government actually took all that gubermint money away from those states :lol: I mean who is hollaring the most about gubermint having to much control over people. A part of me would love to see that happen, talk about riots in the streets!!! Red neck Bubba and his family loaded up with all the family guns marching to Washington.
I am thinking the majority of the folks receiving the federal funds in these states are Obama supporters.

Apache
Red Shirt

Unread post by Apache »

I dont think Obama has been prez that long. These areas have long been a drain on tax dollars along with the most frightening education levels around. Obama will not carry these states, so your statement very well could be proven wrong.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Apache wrote:I dont think Obama has been prez that long. These areas have long been a drain on tax dollars along with the most frightening education levels around. Obama will not carry these states, so your statement very well could be proven wrong.
Excuse me, I should have said dems.

Apache
Red Shirt

Unread post by Apache »

Of course since they are the much stronger power house ;) Has Romney now became a Dem?