Romney crowd calls outsourced sensata workers communists.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Romney crowd calls outsourced sensata workers communists.

Unread post by bannination »

http://peoplesworld.org/romney-crowd-ca ... ommunists/
FREEPORT, Ill. - What happens when you try to get Mitt Romney's attention at a campaign rally? The Republican's jeering tea party supporters call you communists. Outsourced Sensata workers, famous nationally now for their 37-day protest encampment here called "Bainport," report that's just what happened to them yesterday.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Re: Romney crowd calls outsourced sensata workers communists

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

People's World (PW) is a news web site associated with the Communist Party USA.
Banni your political readings/post either come from left wing liberal sights or now sights associated with the Communist part. Do you have something you're trying to tell us or what?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Colonel Taylor wrote:
People's World (PW) is a news web site associated with the Communist Party USA.
Banni your political readings/post either come from left wing liberal sights or now sights associated with the Communist part. Do you have something you're trying to tell us or what?
Nope, it's just a news story. There's stuff I agree with and disagree with in every faucet of life, not everything is communist bad anti-communist good, etc.... for instance the communist party you're talking about has a stance on nuclear power I disagree with.

:mrgreen:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Personally, I find it a bit scary that McCarthyism is being reincarnated. Using "communist" as a generally derogatory term by people who have no clue what Communism is and while happily sending jobs to the biggest remaining actual communist country around makes me want to agree with those who think the school system fails to educate. But then I remember that no education system can do much with someone who refuses to learn.

But I remember ol' Jesse Helms referring to my alma mater as "Red Hill" and the ill-fated "speaker ban." If you look at the pic that gets run now and then about the protest at "the wall" you'll find me on the right-hand side of the photo, about four rows from the wall, in the black-rimmed glasses. We thought we had slayed Grendl back then, but apparently she spawned further generations of helmsian mutants.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Wow, didn't know you're a genuine old "radical" from the past....my hat's off to you. Any protest against the vile and sinister Jesse Helms would certainly be worth attending, and having your photo taken as well is just some extra history you can hold in your hand.

On another note, though, I read a story this morning that the newspaper in Salt Lake City has endorsed Obama.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:Wow, didn't know you're a genuine old "radical" from the past....my hat's off to you. Any protest against the vile and sinister Jesse Helms would certainly be worth attending, and having your photo taken as well is just some extra history you can hold in your hand.

On another note, though, I read a story this morning that the newspaper in Salt Lake City has endorsed Obama.
Yep, a gen-u-wine former SDS member and veteran of firehosing and billy-clubbing adventures. Funny thing, though, when they did the background check for my clearance, they didn't seem to care. I guess we weren't as dangerous and subversive as we thought (or as the poster formerly known as Big Ugly still seems to think). Here's the pic. http://museum.unc.edu/exhibits/friday/w ... ll-on-fra/ I've got a copy in my office, and I think it's kinda cool I can tell my kid, "there's your old man, and if you go to the Civil Rights Museum in Birmingham, you can see your grandfather getting sprayed by a fire hose."

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Congrats! Free speech, even by commies, is now accepted at UNC and the CRA is now law and (mostly) reality while Jesse Helms is just a pathetic memory.
I wish. But ol' Jesse, along with some of his friends are still around Zombieing along and still with active voting cards. I'd be surprised if some of them didn't respond here.