Afghanistan

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Afghanistan

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 am
You've got a lot of disdain for things you don't understand, dont'cha CAT. I doubt you've ever been pregnant, and I doubt you're old enough to have ever met a "flower child" (when they were one) or know the difference in that and a similarly dressed "political activist." But that's OK. Most everybody was young or youngish once and thought they knew everything. I was and did. You'll probably get over it.

he's funny. I'm trying to get our lurker, abe, to come help him out of his self-made corners
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:47 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:15 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:34 pm
For a couple of fellas that confess to not believe in GOD, you sure refer to him a lot. neoplacebo takes the Lord's name in vain, billy.pilgrim speaks of someone's sins, or is that one of those Blue Ridge credibility issues Vrede too spoke of. Through those ridiculous profanity filled rants, and a imbecile grumbling about adult conversation, it sure is good to have the knowledge that flower children have no authority in this country.
Ah, don't be so superstitious; "absolutely goddam right" is part of a line by Martin Sheen in the film Apocalypse Now. The rest of the line goes "never get out of the boat; unless you're going all the way." It alludes to the concept of not fully understanding what you're about to embark upon and the subsequent peril you may find yourself in because of that misconception. As for flower children having no authority in this country, well, I expect Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon would disagree with you on that. After all, it was flower children that were instrumental in ending the Vietnam war, and it was flower children that spooked Nixon so badly that he became paranoid and criminally insane over them. A lot of times power is not apparent to someone who doesn't understand where power actually comes from. As for adult conversation, you're the one who posts little pseudo cryptic short groups of words instead of actually saying something or making a point other than something ridiculous. Because of all the above, my best advice for you is never get out of the boat. you're welcome
    In an interview, Martin Sheen commented on his behavior as well as his son repeating that behavior. Martin Sheen stated he understands the recent hell his son Charlie has been going through, because he's been there. He's experienced his own "psychotic episodes," including some in public. "One of them was on camera, the opening scene of Apocalypse Now," Martin Sheen said. "And when you do something like that, that is out of control, that's the most difficult thing." Also, you do know that Nixon has long been dead.
    Yeah, I know Nixon and Johnson are dead (that's why I wrote that they "would" disagree instead of typing "will" disagree; past tense; they went over this in high school English class). What I don't know is if trump stole Charlie Sheen's "winning" and appropriated it for his political campaign, which also brings to mind Charlie's fixation about "tiger blood." I do not concur in your assertion that "when you do something like that, that is out of control, that's the most difficult thing." Bullshit; the most difficult thing is, after being out of control, one manages to regain control and recognize some fundamental truths. So hang in there, don't accept anything because you just want to believe it.....and stop smoking that dope!

1 CAT FAN
    Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

neoplacebo wrote:
    Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 am
    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    neoplacebo wrote:
    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    For a couple of fellas that confess to not believe in GOD, you sure refer to him a lot. neoplacebo takes the Lord's name in vain, billy.pilgrim speaks of someone's sins, or is that one of those Blue Ridge credibility issues Vrede too spoke of. Through those ridiculous profanity filled rants, and a imbecile grumbling about adult conversation, it sure is good to have the knowledge that flower children have no authority in this country.
    Ah, don't be so superstitious; "absolutely goddam right" is part of a line by Martin Sheen in the film Apocalypse Now. The rest of the line goes "never get out of the boat; unless you're going all the way." It alludes to the concept of not fully understanding what you're about to embark upon and the subsequent peril you may find yourself in because of that misconception. As for flower children having no authority in this country, well, I expect Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon would disagree with you on that. After all, it was flower children that were instrumental in ending the Vietnam war, and it was flower children that spooked Nixon so badly that he became paranoid and criminally insane over them. A lot of times power is not apparent to someone who doesn't understand where power actually comes from. As for adult conversation, you're the one who posts little pseudo cryptic short groups of words instead of actually saying something or making a point other than something ridiculous. Because of all the above, my best advice for you is never get out of the boat. you're welcome
      In an interview, Martin Sheen commented on his behavior as well as his son repeating that behavior. Martin Sheen stated he understands the recent hell his son Charlie has been going through, because he's been there. He's experienced his own "psychotic episodes," including some in public. "One of them was on camera, the opening scene of Apocalypse Now," Martin Sheen said. "And when you do something like that, that is out of control, that's the most difficult thing." Also, you do know that Nixon has long been dead.
      Yeah, I know Nixon and Johnson are dead (that's why I wrote that they "would" disagree instead of typing "will" disagree; past tense; they went over this in high school English class). What I don't know is if trump stole Charlie Sheen's "winning" and appropriated it for his political campaign, which also brings to mind Charlie's fixation about "tiger blood." I do not concur in your assertion that "when you do something like that, that is out of control, that's the most difficult thing." Bullshit; the most difficult thing is, after being out of control, one manages to regain control and recognize some fundamental truths. So hang in there, don't accept anything because you just want to believe it.....and stop smoking that dope!
        You're the fella sharing a boat with someone who is having a psychotic breakdown.

1 CAT FAN
        Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
        Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:18 am
        O Really wrote:
        1 CAT FAN wrote:
        neoplacebo wrote:
        1 CAT FAN wrote:
            You've got a lot of disdain for things you don't understand, dont'cha CAT. I doubt you've ever been pregnant, and I doubt you're old enough to have ever met a "flower child" (when they were one) or know the difference in that and a similarly dressed "political activist." But that's OK. Most everybody was young or youngish once and thought they knew everything. I was and did. You'll probably get over it.
              he's funny. I'm trying to get our lurker, abe, to come help him out of his self-made corners
                I was gonna let you slide with this not surprising new development, but billy.pilgrim insisted on reiterating. But, Yeah, I'll get over you having thoughts of being pregnant, and thanks for not cursing.

billy.pilgrim
                Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
                Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am
                billy.pilgrim wrote:
                O Really wrote:
                1 CAT FAN wrote:
                neoplacebo wrote:

I was gonna let you slide with this not surprising new development, but billy.pilgrim insisted on reiterating. But, Yeah, I'll get over you having thoughts of being pregnant, and thanks for not cursing.
                        it's simple
                        this issue is my personal business when but only when it's my business. beats hell out of failing at understanding anything else based on a single issue that's way bigger than any possible solution 1LemmingFan could ever accept.
                        Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

1 CAT FAN
                        Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
                        Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:10 pm
                        1 CAT FAN wrote:
                        Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am
                        billy.pilgrim wrote:
                        O Really wrote:
                        1 CAT FAN wrote:
                                it's simple
                                this issue is my personal business when but only when it's my business. beats hell out of failing at understanding anything else based on a single issue that's way bigger than any possible solution 1LemmingFan could ever accept.
                                  Well, there's another not surprising development, O Really having thoughts of being pregnant, your personal business.

neoplacebo
                                  Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
                                  Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:38 am
                                  You're the fella sharing a boat with someone who is having a psychotic breakdown.
                                  More cryptic bullshit.
                                  There's lots of wreckage in the fast lane these days; cats run up your leg while you're cruising along about 90, boats fly past in a visual and auditory blur, butterflies and flower children flitting about and trying not to be crushed or impaled on the detritus of once noble effort. shit

Vrede too
                                  Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Misogynist believers in bigoted magical sky fairies talking about others' psychotic breakdowns are too precious for words.
                                  A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
                                  -- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
                                  1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
                                  Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
                                  Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:12 pm
                                  Misogynist believers in bigoted magical sky fairies talking about others' psychotic breakdowns are too precious for words.
                                  random words cascade from the granite lips of statues while feral cats rattle empty garbage cans as they motor by on cat boats of intricate design while they smoke catnip and laugh at the silly crumbling statues in laughing cat laughs that even the ancients could not understand.

Vrede too
                                  Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
                                  Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:26 pm
                                  random words cascade from the granite lips of statues while feral cats rattle empty garbage cans as they motor by on cat boats of intricate design while they smoke catnip and laugh at the silly crumbling statues in laughing cat laughs that even the ancients could not understand.
                                  That's just crazy. Why boats when they can fly?

all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
                                  all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy :evil: :crazy:
                                  Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                                  1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
                                  Admiral of the Fleet

Back in Afghanistan, I sort of think it's kind of presumptuous for the US to think it can just go in there and find bad guys and kill them and scold all the other guys who happen to be standing around or who hear of what's happening. Afghanistan didn't attack us; it was just a place some guys who did attack us were hiding out. I suspect that in our nearly two decade misadventure there, there must be a few in military leadership who recognize that these guys they're after are some tough sob's; it's like every other one is equal to a Navy Seal. They subsist in high altitude temperature extreme environments with only primitive clothing. I think our best option would be to get as many plane loads of fine Afghan hashish and just head out one night and not tell anyone. The Afghans wouldn't care if this happened.

1 CAT FAN
                                  Ensign

neoplacebo wrote:
                                  Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:59 pm
                                  1 CAT FAN wrote:
                                  Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:38 am
                                  neoplacebo wrote:
                                  Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 am
                                  1 CAT FAN wrote:
                                  neoplacebo wrote:

More cryptic bullshit.
                                        There's lots of wreckage in the fast lane these days; cats run up your leg while you're cruising along about 90, boats fly past in a visual and auditory blur, butterflies and flower children flitting about and trying not to be crushed or impaled on the detritus of once noble effort. shit
                                        You should remain in the boat with your psychotic friend, otherwise, you'll drown.
                                        Last edited by 1 CAT FAN on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

neoplacebo
                                        Admiral of the Fleet

I'm gonna write that down

1 CAT FAN
                                        Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
                                          You're still searching for that elusive grain of salt, neoplacebo has a seat a next to Martin Sheen just for you.
                                          Last edited by 1 CAT FAN on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neoplacebo
                                          Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
                                          Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:59 pm
                                          Vrede too wrote:
                                            Your still searching for that elusive grain of salt, neoplacebo has a seat a next to Martin Sheen just for you.
                                            All our lives most of us search for a thing we cannot name; some never find it, some find it and can't confront it, some find it and don't know it, some find it and then renounce it. and some find what they think it is and stomp hell out of it before it gets away. :)

1 CAT FAN
                                            Ensign

Hold on tight to your new found psychotic friend, Martin Sheen.

Vrede too
                                            Superstar Cultmaster

Nothing for me to be "searching for". "Your [sic]" always going to be cowering from points made and I'm always going to be having a blast pointing it out. Thank you.

I've met and worked with enormously talented Martin Sheen on peace issues. He was perfectly stable and humble and I didn't hold his deeply committed Christianity (didn't you know?) against him. I'd take a boat ride with neoplacebo and Martin Sheen ANY DAY.

Also, I don't hold remote episodes of mental illness against anyone. As a career mental and physical health pro, I'm not even bothered by current episodes of mental illness as long as people including the patient aren't endangered. They need support, not your sneering and infantile bigotry.

In other words, epic fail. I get how desperate you are to find a way to insult us, troll, but you really, really suck at it, dumbass.
                                            Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                                            1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
                                            Ensign

Awesome, Martin Sheen found God, left the alcohol & drugs behind him, that's great news right there. GOD is good, thank you for sharing.

neoplacebo
                                            Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
                                            Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:00 pm
                                            Awesome, Martin Sheen found God, left the alcohol & drugs behind him, that's great news right there. GOD is good, thank you for sharing.
                                            I sort of hate to bring this up, but after you posted this, did you think that maybe, possibly, accidentally, or fatefully that you had been misinformed on ANYthing else? Just curious

1 CAT FAN
                                            Ensign

neoplacebo wrote:
                                            Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:09 pm
                                            1 CAT FAN wrote:
                                            Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:00 pm
                                            I sort of hate to bring this up, but after you posted this, did you think that maybe, possibly, accidentally, or fatefully that you had been misinformed on ANYthing else? Just curious
                                              Ahh, look at you,that old Blue Ridge credibility. Is TIME appropriate?
                                                http://content.time.com/time/arts/artic ... 25,00.html
                                                  Don't you find Vrede's news great, I think it's awesome that Martin Sheen is a Christian. You can change too, it's not too late.