War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: War on Women

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

I'm so sorry he lost actual sleep.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:55 pm
I'm so sorry he lost actual sleep.
I'm comforted to know they're (White male RepuQs, no doubt) "having a meeting about this." :( :ateeth:
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tragic irony:

Victimization #1 - Ukrainian women are being raped by Russian and Chechen soldiers.
Victimization #2 - Plan B and abortion meds are in short supply due to the war.
Victimization #3 - Poland, which hosts more Ukrainian refugees than any other nation, is a forced birthing nation, even for rape victims.

:angry-banghead: :cry: :angry-cussing:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:34 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:36 am
This is pretty good; TX cop gives woman a ticket for driving in an HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lane. She's over 30 weeks pregnant and tells the cop that recent TX law considers her unborn child to be a person with rights. The cop did not agree and gave her a ticket. He did say that "if you fight it in court, it will probably be dismissed." I would have said "damn, you're right. Have a good one."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-woman- ... 15249.html
Opps, maybe she has a case after all. While the Texas Heartbeat Act doesn't call a fetus a person, Texas penal code does.
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.1.htm
Sec. 1.07. DEFINITIONS. (a) In this code:

(26) "Individual" means a human being who is alive, including an unborn child at every stage of gestation from fertilization until birth.

(38) "Person" means an individual or a corporation, association, limited liability company, or other entity or organization governed by the Business Organizations Code.
North Texas HOV Lanes

Who can use the HOV lane?

A vehicle occupied by two or more people ...
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:46 am
Looks like the pregnant driver is right and the traffic cop is wrong. Just goes to show that a 2 year BLET certificate along with X number of years driving around in a police car does not impart any special knowledge of the law. How about that?
Her ticket was dismissed! And:
A pregnant Texas woman who claimed her unborn baby counts as a passenger in the HOV lane is ticketed again

... Her argument was apparently good enough to win a dismissal. It wasn't immediately clear if that second ticket, picked up Aug. 3, would also be kicked out....

“You again?” Bottone quoted the deputy as saying.

“So, when are you going to have this baby?” the deputy allegedly asked.

“Tomorrow,” Bottone said she answered.

“Oh, good luck,” she quoted the deputy as saying before issuing her the ticket.

Bottone has since given birth to a girl, the paper reported.
:lol: :clap: Is the girl 9 months plus the time since the birth old? Less than 3 months until her first birthday?
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:46 pm
Deep thinker.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Part of me hopes Schumer puts this on the floor for a vote.

That could really fuck with Republicans. Who do they screw, women or their MAGA base?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Hilarious. You'd think they'd stay away from the abortion issue after what happened in KS. Wingnuts will be wingnuts.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:23 am
Hilarious. You'd think they'd stay away from the abortion issue after what happened in KS. Wingnuts will be wingnuts.
I'm baffled by what Lindsey's goal is here. He can announce plans for a new national abortion restrictions bill at any point if the RepuQs retake the House and Senate, even knowing that it won't survive Joe's veto. It's almost like he's begging the nation to repeat KS in Nov.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Old boy ain't looking too good.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:53 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:23 am
I'm baffled by what Lindsey's goal is here. He can announce plans for a new national abortion restrictions bill at any point if the RepuQs retake the House and Senate, even knowing that it won't survive Joe's veto. It's almost like he's begging the nation to repeat KS in Nov.
It is weird. I can't see any advantage in it for him unless he's just pandering to the SC voters. But, hell, I'm sure the SC state legislators could have come up with something like this on their own. Beats me. Maybe Lindsey's just finally gone crazy. But I hope he keeps it up and that other GQP "leaders" follow his lead.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:39 am
It is weird. I can't see any advantage in it for him unless he's just pandering to the SC voters. But, hell, I'm sure the SC state legislators could have come up with something like this on their own. Beats me. Maybe Lindsey's just finally gone crazy. But I hope he keeps it up and that other GQP "leaders" follow his lead.
SC already has a pretty strict abortion law. The RepuQ are trying to make it even more draconian:

South Carolina Senate fails to pass near-total abortion ban after GOP lawmaker filibuster

Lindsey is getting trashed:

Lindsey Graham Got Ripped Apart For Introducing A National Abortion Ban That Betrays The GOP Narrative Of ‘Leaving It Up To The States’
Lindsey Graham, Who Said He Didn’t Want A National Abortion Ban, Just Introduced One (But Doesn’t Want To Call It That)

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina on Tuesday introduced a Senate bill that would ban abortions in the US after 15 weeks.

To put that period of time into perspective, it’s been only five weeks since Graham said he opposed any federal abortion ban because he felt the issue should be left to the states....
:roll:

VP Q-tip has his fascist misogynist opinions:

Mike Pence Says Stripping Women of Rights More Important Than Midterm Gains
The former vice president told RealClearPolitics that Republicans shouldn’t “shrink from the fight” to implement a national abortion ban
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:32 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:39 am
SC already has a pretty strict abortion law. The RepuQ are trying to make it even more draconian:

South Carolina Senate fails to pass near-total abortion ban after GOP lawmaker filibuster

Lindsey is getting trashed:

Lindsey Graham Got Ripped Apart For Introducing A National Abortion Ban That Betrays The GOP Narrative Of ‘Leaving It Up To The States’
Lindsey Graham, Who Said He Didn’t Want A National Abortion Ban, Just Introduced One (But Doesn’t Want To Call It That)

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina on Tuesday introduced a Senate bill that would ban abortions in the US after 15 weeks.

To put that period of time into perspective, it’s been only five weeks since Graham said he opposed any federal abortion ban because he felt the issue should be left to the states....
:roll:

VP Q-tip has his fascist misogynist opinions:

Mike Pence Says Stripping Women of Rights More Important Than Midterm Gains
The former vice president told RealClearPolitics that Republicans shouldn’t “shrink from the fight” to implement a national abortion ban
Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest that the SC legislators could orchestrate a nationwide abortion ban. That's all on Lindsey. And fuck Pence; he advocated for people dying from AIDS. Plus he had a fly on his fucking head. What a shithead.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:00 pm
Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest that the SC legislators could orchestrate a nationwide abortion ban. That's all on Lindsey....
I didn't think so. It's just that it will be bad for SC women and their allies unless DC some year passes a US abortion rights bill. I don't think that SC govt will even be leaders, so many states are ugly these days.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-softbal ... 58039.html

So another school teacher gets jailed for (apparently) consensual sexual activity with a student. Yawn. Except that unlike the continual reference to the "child", below, this "child" was within a couple of months or so of 18 in a state with 16 age of consent. So yeah, fire her, but criminal charges? With actual jail time? Anyway, the article gave me a different perspective on the "power" issue in sexual relationships. It's generally considered that a boss shouldn't have sex with a subordinate - even consensually - because there is a power difference and possibly there isn't any such thing as truly consensual. But power isn't always in accordance with the org chart. In the example below, it was the ummm "child" who held all the power in this relationship as she could (and did) ruin the teacher's life. Likewise, numerous powerful men have been crashed and burned by a theoretically less powerful underling, resulting in far more damage than the ummm, "victim" could have endured. Maybe the "power" perspective need to be re-thunk. At least on a case by case basis.

A former Ohio high school teacher’s assistant and softball coach has pleaded guilty to charges related to a sexual relationship with a student she reportedly begged the student not to tell authorities about.

Ashley Rison, 31, an employee at New Miami High School, is facing five years in prison after pleading guilty Wednesday to sexual battery and gross sexual imposition in response to allegations she had sex with a 17-year-old student, WXIX-TV reported.

Rison’s indictment states that she engaged in sexual conduct with the minor eight different times in April 2021.

"In addition to what the child tells us, we do have recordings between Ms. Rison and the child of where Ms. Rison makes multiple incriminating statements in asking, begging the child not to report her to the authorities," Butler County, Ohio Assistant Prosecutor Lindsay Sheehan previously said in court.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

"the child" What child? I read it twice was there a child involved?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:49 am
'Zactly. Let that 17-year old shoot somebody and see how many time s/he's referred to as a "child." I don't think I've ever seen a report that said "The child was armed with an AR-15..."

Even in the school context, can you imagine a school official saying "we have 1,000 children who are seniors this year..."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:14 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:49 am
'Zactly. Let that 17-year old shoot somebody and see how many time s/he's referred to as a "child." I don't think I've ever seen a report that said "The child was armed with an AR-15..."

Even in the school context, can you imagine a school official saying "we have 1,000 children who are seniors this year..."
Our children performed well last night in the state championship football game.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

To: Bill.White@senate.mo.gov
Subject: Hog futures

Re:
Missouri Woman Denied Emergency Abortion Called a State Senator for Help. He Sent Her to an Anti-Abortion Clinic.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/missouri-wom ... 00460.html

Congrats, Bill, you are now nationally known as being a heartless pig. May karma see you unable to access emergency healthcare for whatever reason when you're in dire need. Try a church, instead.

(Vrede too), RN
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Missouri State Senator Bill White never replied. I'm mystified.

Sadly, Whack9's Greenville County hood:
Couple Spent Hours Listening to Young Mom Beg for Help as Their Relative Beat Her to Death and Left Newborn to Die: Sheriff

... Wilkins has had several run-ins with the law in the past. A background check by the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) reportedly showed that Wilkins in December 2021 was arrested and charged with one count each of attempted murder, high-intensity domestic violence, drug possession, possession of a weapon during a violent crime, endangering the life of an official, and throwing bodily fluids.

He was reportedly released from jail in January after posting bond of $4,000 on the condition that he was prohibited from carrying a firearm. In April, Wilkins was reportedly charged with possessing stolen goods.

Additionally, one of Wilkins’ former girlfriends, a then-19-year-old Jordan Nebling, suddenly went missing on Oct. 10, 2020 and has not been seen since, Fox News reported....
Why was he out on such a low bond? Aha:

Yep, murderer Tyler Wilkins, and also uncaring Michael Thomas and Melissa Burnett, are THAT "demographic" again. Something is broken in THEIR "culture". Why can't THEY fix THEIR kind?
1312. ETTD.