A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:30 pm
How was that house not underwater from Ian's wrath?

At least it comes with a boat and a fridge and freezer by the pool.🙄
Because Ian's wrath was a media event
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:54 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Tell that to my uncle's sister and husband. They might disagree as they are rebuilding their formerly underwater house.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

And then there's the Florida exemption: your homestead residence is safe from your bankruptcy.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:

Good question.
Now it's 2 disasters to hit town.
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:58 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Tell that to my uncle's sister and husband. They might disagree as they are rebuilding their formerly underwater house.

I definitely agree that there was damage, extensive damage, but if the media's claims were even half true there would have been thousands dead.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:02 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

I definitely agree that there was damage, extensive damage, but if the media's claims were even half true there would have been thousands dead.
They were stupid as hell, lucky too (Republicans).

There was one two story house in their neighborhood. 25 people and pets took refuge in the upstairs for 24+ hours from the surge. I'm half surprised the roof didn't blow off.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:11 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:02 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

They were stupid as hell, lucky too (Republicans).

There was one two story house in their neighborhood. 25 people and pets took refuge in the upstairs for 24+ hours from the surge. I'm half surprised the roof didn't blow off.
Nah, we've been anchoring roofs to foundations for at least 30 years, so the roof was likely secure, but the people, especially those from up north who are full of bigger and better stories. Two of my favorites: 1) we're from NYC and we have hurricanes there all the time (they don't understand that one moving at 4 mph can do 10x the damages at the ones they experienced moving at 40 to 60 mph. 2) we bought on the west coast of Florida because they don't get hurricanes there.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A bunch of Florida Men

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... c303d87edb

After the game their plans include a big meet-up around a vast array of legless camp stoves for a meat-up and bake-off. The shape of the bread molds won't be announced before the event, but will be a real attention grab.

She stands by Ron's reel worls story

https://www.businessinsider.com/america ... me-2022-11

"Florida's attorney general says Americans from blue states are moving to the Sunshine State because it's tough on crime: 'It's not rocket science'"

"Florida AG Ashley Moody says Americans are moving to Florida because it's a law and order state."

Americans have flocked to the Sunshine State largely due to its relatively affordable housing."

Despite the real world

https://www.stateoffloridaliving.com/fl ... ther-news/

"Florida’s crime rate is the 45th worst out of the 50 states according to usa.com."

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

People have been moving to Florida for decades, resulting in crowded overpopulation in some areas and destruction of a lot of natural resources. in the ten years before DeSantis, the population increased by 14%, more than since DeSantis. Population has doubled since mid-80's. Most studies show the main factors are: weather, no income tax, "affordable" housing - although the part that's affordable might be a double-wide, a leisure lifestyle, hope of lower cost of living. Sure, you can probably find somebody who will say "avoid high crime" but the majority of people aren't moving from places with awful high crime anyway.

People are so gullible any more.
Here are the top states people are leaving to move to Florida, using census bureau data.

New York. The number of New Yorkers moving to Florida reached 57,488. That’s nothing new, as New Yorkers have come to Florida since the late 18th century. Even black and white Hollywood movies such as “It Happened One Night” and “Some Like It Hot ” revolved around people “running away” from New York for Florida. In reality, New Yorkers enjoy lower taxes, warm weather, and a business-friendly environment.

Georgia. In 2019 alone, 49,681 people moved from Georgia to Florida. Why make such a relatively short move? Because Georgians want to escape high state income taxes and enjoy the job opportunities in every major city in Florida.

Pennsylvania. Like New Yorkers, the 34,965 people who made the move from Pennsylvania to Florida likely wanted to escape higher taxes and harsh winter weather. Like New York, Pennsylvania – the nation’s fifth-biggest state – has lost population in recent years.

Ohio. In Ohio, 30,335 decided to leave the Buckeye State and make the move to Florida. The Midwest is another area where many people have migrated to Florida. The Tampa Bay area is especially a popular destination for many Midwesterners who are drawn to the growing economy in the Tampa Bay area (and the many great sports options).

California. If any state on the list is a surprise, it’s California, a state most people associate with a place people move to rather than a place they leave. Data shows that 28,628 people moved from California to Florida. It makes sense for Californians who want a warm climate without the high taxes.

New Jersey. In 2019, 28,222 people moved from New Jersey to Florida. Many did so for the very same reasons that people moved from New York – weather, taxes, lower cost of living, and more affordable homes and rentals.
North Carolina. Like the people in Georgia, North Carolinians benefit from living close to Florida – 28,207 moved south in 2019.

Texas. In 2019, 26,174 left Texas for Florida. The states share many common attributes in terms of taxes and cost of living. However, many make the move because of a new job, retirement, or to live closer to more (and better) beaches than they have in Texas.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A bunch of Florida Man and Women fire educators

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/3 ... d-00071305
DeSanctimonious infected many Florida school boards with right-wing crazies who are now following his orders to fire anyone responsible for requiring masks in schools.

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis put his weight behind dozens of conservative school board candidates across Florida during the midterms. Now they’re in office — and are purging some educational leaders who enforced Covid-19 mandates.

"New board members in two GOP-leaning counties essentially sacked their school superintendents over the span of one week."

"And while not tied to the 2022 election, the school board in Broward County earlier this month fired its superintendent through an effort led by five members appointed by DeSantis. All combined, school boards with ties to DeSantis pushed out three superintendents in November alone — and each of them served over districts that implemented student mask mandates.

“We had a wave in school districts that spit in parents’ faces,” said state Rep. Randy Fine (R-Palm Bay), who earlier this year sought to punish schools with mask mandates. “And now the people who did that are gone.”

In Brevard and Sarasota counties, embattled school leaders have faced immediate pressure from newly-installed board members and offered to leave voluntarily rather than risk a vote on their terminations."

DuhSanctimonious sees no problem with firing all slightly liberal teachers and administrators, their positions can easily be filled by proper thinking, gun carrying, veterans. Who needs a degree anyway?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A Florida Womn...

No wonder she's fucking crazy. Add morman, Florida woman, lying about her childhood and being a republican in dem clothing

"With her siblings, mother, and stepfather, Sinema moved to DeFuniak Springs, Florida, a small town in the Panhandle.

When her stepfather lost his job and the bank foreclosed on their home, the family lived for three years in an abandoned gas station. Sinema has said that for two years they had no toilet or electricity while living there. She later recalled, "My stepdad built a bunkbed for me and my sister. We separated our bunkbed from the kitchen with one of those big chalkboards on rollers. I knew that was weird. A chalkboard shouldn't be a wall. A kitchen should have running water."

According to journalist Jonathan Martin in The New York Times, Sinema has given "contradictory answers about her early life", and her mother and stepfather have filed court documents saying they had made monthly payments for gas, electricity, and phone bills, even though Sinema had said they had been "without running water or electricity". Asked whether she had embellished details from her childhood, Sinema said, "I've shared what I remember from my childhood. I know what I lived through."

Sinema was raised as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She graduated as valedictorian from Walton High School in DeFuniak Springs at age 16 and earned her B.A. from Brigham Young University (BYU) in 1995 at age 18. She left the LDS Church after graduating from BYU. Sinema returned to Arizona in 1995."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:

The wrath part of Ian was mostly due to media headline competition.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida Man "Morality"...

Joe Harding

Joe Harding (born June 18, 1987) is an American politician and businessman serving as a member of the Florida House of Representatives from the 24th district (portion of Ocala and surroundings). A member of the Republican Party, he assumed office on November 3, 2020.

He introduced Florida House Bill 1557, known by critics as the "Don't Say Gay" bill.

Federal indictment

On December 7, 2022, Harding was indicted by a federal grand jury on six counts of wire fraud and money laundering related to a scheme to defraud the Small Business Administration of more than $150,000 in COVID-19-related small business loans. Harding was released on bond and has lost his committee assignments for the upcoming legislative term.
Why am I not surprised?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

He's probably related to that treacherous redneck bitch Tonya Harding. She's just waiting for another chance. I nvever answer her calls. She's crazy.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:clap: :thumbup: :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A New Florida Man...

:cry: There's a hole in my heart.

:lol: The RW Moonie Times links its own tweet, not its article. Idiots.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

He'll always be a North Carolina man, as will be so many others.

Seems y'all are in the top 7 states having their residents move to Florida

"Thanks to the U.S. Census, we can see how many people are moving from other states to the Sunshine State. Sadly, North Carolina was number 7 on the top 10 list. These are the top ten states people left in 2019 to move to good old Florida."

https://k1047.com/listicle/north-caroli ... o-florida/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A New Florida Man...

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:11 pm

"Thanks to the U.S. Census, we can see how many people are moving from other states to the Sunshine State. Sadly, North Carolina was number 7 on the top 10 list. These are the top ten states people left in 2019 to move to good old Florida."

:lol: Florida "grooms" out-of-staters and sucks them into its swamp of evil and bizarre like moths to a flame. We NCers are like Castro with the boat people who also fled to Florida - good riddance! :P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A New Florida Man...

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:18 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:11 pm

:lol: Florida "grooms" out-of-staters and sucks them into its swamp of evil and bizarre like moths to a flame. We NCers are like Castro with the boat people who also fled to Florida - good riddance! :P
point almost taken, but mad mattie will always be a North Carolinian.