medical breakthroughs - commies cure cancer

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

medical breakthroughs - commies cure cancer

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

wouldn't a cancer vaccine be something shouted from the rooftops? yet there is one and there is hardly a word
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Re: medical breakthroughs

Unread post by rstrong »

Citation....?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:Citation....?

everybody has barely mentioned it. I heard about in on npr.

Canada and our cdc are working with the dirty commies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2016/02/2 ... 67518.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/health/lu ... index.html

https://www.asbestos.com/news/2016/03/1 ... ed-states/

https://academic.oup.com/jnci/article/9 ... dian-Trial

dirty commies
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Wikipedia: CimaVax-EGF

So everyone is testing it now. But it's not a major story because while it's a treatment, it's not a cure. And specifically for "non-small-cell lung carcinoma."

Before my dad died of cancer he was on at least one experimental drug. There are a lot of them out there, being tested al the time.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I don't think they're in any hurry to find a cancer cure; too much money would be lost on sales of exorbitantly-priced treatments and medications.

Stories, as linked above, I believe, are put out there to give millions of sufferers false hopes.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:Wikipedia: CimaVax-EGF

So everyone is testing it now. But it's not a major story because while it's a treatment, it's not a cure. And specifically for "non-small-cell lung carcinoma."

Before my dad died of cancer he was on at least one experimental drug. There are a lot of them out there, being tested al the time.

true, but a damn vaccine against non-small cell cancer seems like it would be very big

where is wiggly
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:I don't think they're in any hurry to find a cancer cure; too much money would be lost on sales of exorbitantly-priced treatments and medications.

Stories, as linked above, I believe, are put out there to give millions of sufferers false hopes.

that's dumb

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

That's what InfoWars says, so it must be true.

/s

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

We think it may be an effective way to prevent cancer from developing or recurring, so that’s where a lot of our team’s excitement comes in,” Lee said. “There’s good reason to believe that this vaccine may be effective in both treating and preventing several types of cancer, including not only lung but breast, colorectal, head-and-neck, prostate and ovarian cancers, so the potential positive impact of this approach could be enormous.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2016/02/2 ... 67518.html

where's vrede

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
[color=#800000]Mr.B[/color] wrote:"I don't think they're in any hurry to find a cancer cure; too much money would be lost on sales of exorbitantly-priced treatments and medications....Stories, as linked above, I believe, are put out there to give millions of sufferers false hopes."
"that's dumb"
Sounds like it, doesn't it? Think about it though... what are the most commons maladies that afflict man?
For example, the common cold; no cure supposedly, but look at the abundance of crap on store shelves to ease the suffering; How much money would be lost if no one needed that junk anymore? How many jobs would be lost? Diabetes..? No cure supposedly, but look at the abundance of medications, the number of doctor/hospital visits, and the job losses if a cure was found. Cancer is without question, the most dreaded and deadly of the diseases ... and the most costly to treat. Why should there be any rush to find a cure, what with the massive losses in the areas I mentioned above? Polio was virtually eradicated... uh oh! What happened to cause the dry up of money to the polio-appliance manufacturing and jobs associated with manufacturing, treatments, etc?

Maybe it is dumb; maybe I am grasping at straws; but look at the many seemingly impossible advances man has accomplished just in the last fifty years; what percentage of those advances would you say were dedicated to, and a cure found for human diseases?
rstrong wrote:"That's what InfoWars says, so it must be true."
I wouldn't know; I'm not familiar with them. I've only heard of them mentioned in these forums.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2016/02/2 ... 67518.html
"where's vrede"
Cuba’s Had A Lung Cancer Vaccine For Years, And Now It’s Coming To The U.S.

So...my question is, if a vaccine was available in another country why wasn't it available in the USA...?

My "dumb" guess is the FDA wouldn't approve it, (and probably still won't) as is the case of many 'ground-breaking' finds. Look at the price to consumers on common, everyday prescription drugs .. highest in the world. Who's protecting them...? The FDA. Due to insane pricing of drugs, Americans turned to Canada and the Internet..the drug companies ran screeching© to the FDA, and the FDA closed the door on Canadian and Internet sales of prescription meds. So now, will there EVER be a cure for cancer found?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2016/02/2 ... 67518.html
"where's vrede"
Cuba’s Had A Lung Cancer Vaccine For Years, And Now It’s Coming To The U.S.

So...my question is, if a vaccine was available in another country why wasn't it available in the USA...?

My "dumb" guess is the FDA wouldn't approve it, (and probably still won't) as is the case of many 'ground-breaking' finds. Look at the price to consumers on common, everyday prescription drugs .. highest in the world. Who's protecting them...? The FDA. Due to insane pricing of drugs, Americans turned to Canada and the Internet..the drug companies ran screeching© to the FDA, and the FDA closed the door on Canadian and Internet sales of prescription meds. So now, will there EVER be a cure for cancer found?

commies are evil, repugs hate commies and evil
dumbass republicans blocked use of Canadian drugs not FDA
commies

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Mr.B wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote: "So now, will there EVER be a cure for cancer found?
"commies --- dumbass republicans blocked use of Canadian drugs not FDA --- commies"
It makes no difference who was involved or how they were politically affiliated ... it happened, and the FDA was the governing entity; and the ones who benefited the most were the drug companies who undoubtedly padded many pockets of the pols responsible.

Crookedness abounding in Washington; on both sides of the political fence is why I have pretty much washed my hands of them.
I've made my last mistake ... no more.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote: "So now, will there EVER be a cure for cancer found?
"commies --- dumbass republicans blocked use of Canadian drugs not FDA --- commies"
It makes no difference who was involved or how they were politically affiliated ... it happened, and the FDA was the governing entity; and the ones who benefited the most were the drug companies who undoubtedly padded many pockets of the pols responsible.

Crookedness abounding in Washington; on both sides of the political fence is why I have pretty much washed my hands of them.
I've made my last mistake ... no more.

no. If dumbasses would quit putting the repugs into power we could have responsible drug law

the problem is that idiots keep voting for these idiots

you turn - now tell me that you don't vote for these lying sacks of shit who endanger American lives for their profits

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote: "If dumbasses would quit putting the repugs into power we could have responsible drug law"
Democrats are lily-white; and are never crooked, corrupt, or wrong. Interesting.

"the problem is that idiots keep voting for these idiots"
The problem is that self-serving idiots are all that's available to vote for; either party.
One has to be a crooked multi-jillionaire with influence and connections to run for office; a poor, honest man or woman doesn't stand a chance.

"you turn - now tell me that you don't vote for these lying sacks of shit who endanger American lives for their profits"
You first ... tell us what lily-white, purely honest, pol you voted for last. This ought to be interesting.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote: "If dumbasses would quit putting the repugs into power we could have responsible drug law"
Democrats are lily-white; and are never crooked, corrupt, or wrong. Interesting.

"the problem is that idiots keep voting for these idiots"
The problem is that self-serving idiots are all that's available to vote for; either party.
One has to be a crooked multi-jillionaire with influence and connections to run for office; a poor, honest man or woman doesn't stand a chance.

"you turn - now tell me that you don't vote for these lying sacks of shit who endanger American lives for their profits"
You first ... tell us what lily-white, purely honest, pol you voted for last. This ought to be interesting.

sorry bb, but you fail again. please go look up and all legislation to award drug companies with unrestrained copyrights and profits from drug sales

all repug sponsored, all repug majority votes

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Some Dems are corporate shills just as bad as the GOP on healthcare policy. They are not the ones that I and probably billy.pilgrim support.
billy.pilgrim wrote:where's vrede
Not my area of expertise. Best I could possibly do is read the articles and say which I thought made the most sense, just like y'all can.

Unrelated:
Temporal Association of Certain Neuropsychiatric Disorders Following Vaccination of Children and Adolescents: A Pilot Case–Control Study

If borne out by further study, this could be really bad.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:Some Dems are corporate shills just as bad as the GOP on healthcare policy. They are not the ones that I and probably billy.pilgrim support.
billy.pilgrim wrote:where's vrede
Not my area of expertise. Best I could possibly do is read the articles and say which I thought made the most sense, just like y'all can.

Unrelated:
Temporal Association of Certain Neuropsychiatric Disorders Following Vaccination of Children and Adolescents: A Pilot Case–Control Study

If borne out by further study, this could be really bad.

you are our go to medical guy

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote:"sorry bb, but you fail again."
No, I didn't fail. In effect, I wasn't disagreeing with you; just shedding more light on our trustworthy leaders in Washington.
Vrede too wrote:"Some Dems are corporate shills just as bad as the GOP on healthcare policy.
They are not the ones that I and probably billy.pilgrim support."
That's what I mean. Although I don't have the numbers, and don't particularly care to pursue them, I'm betting (yes, betting Banni) that there were some Dems who are just as guilty as the GOP's in the healthcare mess.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: medical breakthroughs - commies cure cancer

big difference in some and nearly all

but leave it to the dumbasses to fail to see the difference