The Supremes

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Supremes

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:48 am
Mine married a multimillionaire who has never had a job. They used to watch fox all day, everyday, but I imagine they have moved deeper into the trump cult by now.
They call themselves Job Creators.
It really pisses them off if you tell them that the rich don't create any jobs, consumers do that.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:50 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:48 am
Mine married a multimillionaire who has never had a job. They used to watch fox all day, everyday, but I imagine they have moved deeper into the trump cult by now.
They call themselves Job Creators.
It really pisses them off if you tell them that the rich don't create any jobs, consumers do that.
But fox calls the rich Job Creators and fox watchers believe.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:43 am
You guys make me even more grateful to have been an only child.
I've suspected before that my sister is only my half sister....about the time my mom was pregnant with her she and me suddenly took a trip to Jacksonville where her sister lived and we stayed there about a week. At the time I was about six years old but this trip was never talked about in advance and was never spoken of afterwards. This was about 1960 and looking back on it, I think something funny was going on. Hell, for all I know, I may have been substituted for some other kid while I was down there. What a world.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Awwww, poor Brett.

That statement is going to cost Morton's.

Good.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:08 pm
Awwww, poor Brett.

I would agree that Justices should be subject to protest only when they're at work and safely tucked within chambers out of sight and sound of the protests. - As long as their decisions only apply and affect people during the hours of 9-5 M-F and not during the summer.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:16 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Awwww, poor Brett.

I would agree that Justices should be subject to protest only when they're at work and safely tucked within chambers out of sight and sound of the protests. - As long as their decisions only apply and affect people during the hours of 9-5 M-F and not during the summer.
Truly a bummer for them when their political positions screw up millions of lives, then those very same people screw up his dinner.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:03 pm
O Really wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Awwww, poor Brett.

Truly a bummer for them when their political positions screw up millions of lives, then those very same people screw up his dinner.
And a bummer back to the people when activists SC Thomas, Gorsuch and alito's new interpretations of the 1st allows millionaires and billionaires to buy court action against any who might speak against them.

Great article

https://hartmannreport.com/p/next-right ... dium=email

"And in an earlier case Gorsuch agreed with Thomas that the First Amendment needs to be constrained by overturning the New York Times v Sullivan precedent that gave us all the legal right to criticize public figures without fear of lawsuit or imprisonment."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Awwww, poor Brett.

:D :thumbup: I'm all for protest at 'open to the public' facilities like restaurants and Morton's can kiss my ass. Go ahead and serve pig, but don't serve pigs if you don't want demos. I also don't have an ethical issue with protests at homes. However, irl it's very controversial and imo usually counterproductive.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:12 pm
O Really wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Awwww, poor Brett.

:D :thumbup: I'm all for protest at 'open to the public' facilities like restaurants and Morton's can kiss my ass. Go ahead and serve pig, but don't serve pigs if you don't want demos. I also don't have an ethical issue with protests at homes. However, irl it's very controversial and imo usually counterproductive.
Pfffft...
Where's the objections when RWNJ'S show up at school board members homes?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:36 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Pfffft...
There are lots of them. For better or worse there's an entire middle America that believes that it's indecent to protest at homes, whether the protestors are lefty or righty.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:12 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Pfffft...
Where's the RWNJ'S objections when their brethren show up at school board members homes?
There are lots of them. For better or worse there's an entire middle America that believes that it's indecent to protest at homes, whether the protestors are lefty or righty.
My bad.
Fixed it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:52 pm
Where's the RWNJ'S objections when their brethren ...
Ah, the beginning of so very very many discussions.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Pfffft...
Morton's has been flooded with phone calls and fake reservations after it said Brett Kavanaugh had a 'right' to 'eat dinner' without protestors gathering outside

Middle America might agree with Morton's, -0-? , but Imo :violin: .
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:54 am
Now who could've seen this coming? :lol:

Activist Asks To Lead Satanic Prayer At FL High School Football Game
:clap: Hail Satan. :-||

Speaking of extreme RW Xtians, found:
If Amy Coney Barrett wants to be all originalist, she needs to get off the court. The founders never intended that a woman vote, much less be on the high court. Or even have an education. She should be content to have an 18th century woman's place.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The Supremes vs the FSM

go noodles

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:02 am
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/7/1 ... d-abortion

A 10 year old rape victim ID denied an abortion.

"This past Monday, a child abuse doctor in Ohio had a 10-year old rape victim in her office. She is six weeks and three days pregnant. She was obviously terrified, and instead of helping her, Ohio legislators turned on her. As soon as SCOTUS overturned Roe v. Wade, Ohio outlawed all abortion after six weeks. The child discovered she was pregnant three days too late. There was no longer any access to an abortion clinic in the state, and there were no exceptions made for child rape. Even if there was a doctor who would take pity on this horrible situation, the doctor would be taking an extreme risk of prosecution—along with possibly the child.

The child abuse doctor called a colleague in Indiana and begged to take her in. For now, abortion is legal in Indiana, so the gynecologist agreed and the girl was sent to Indiana. This won’t be an option soon. The state of Indiana, unfortunately, is convening a special session in three weeks to discuss banning the procedure. Most people expect it to pass quickly in their Republican legislature."
Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim

:roll: IN Republican Attorney General Todd Rokita, Ohio Republican Attorney General Dave Yost and Ohio Republican Rep. Jim Jordan are cretins. The rape WAS rapidly reported and a suspect has been arrested. Opps. Note that Jordan childishly deflects and doesn't have the balls to admit that he screwed up.

Of course, if it was up to the misogynist RepuQs the poor girl would have had a forced birth and her filthy rapist would have parental rights.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:40 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:02 am
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/7/1 ... d-abortion

A 10 year old rape victim ID denied an abortion.

"This past Monday, a child abuse doctor in Ohio had a 10-year old rape victim in her office. She is six weeks and three days pregnant. She was obviously terrified, and instead of helping her, Ohio legislators turned on her. As soon as SCOTUS overturned Roe v. Wade, Ohio outlawed all abortion after six weeks. The child discovered she was pregnant three days too late. There was no longer any access to an abortion clinic in the state, and there were no exceptions made for child rape. Even if there was a doctor who would take pity on this horrible situation, the doctor would be taking an extreme risk of prosecution—along with possibly the child.

The child abuse doctor called a colleague in Indiana and begged to take her in. For now, abortion is legal in Indiana, so the gynecologist agreed and the girl was sent to Indiana. This won’t be an option soon. The state of Indiana, unfortunately, is convening a special session in three weeks to discuss banning the procedure. Most people expect it to pass quickly in their Republican legislature."
Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim

:roll: IN Republican Attorney General Todd Rokita, Ohio Republican Attorney General Dave Yost and Ohio Republican Rep. Jim Jordan are cretins. The rape WAS rapidly reported and a suspect has been arrested. Opps. Note that Jordan childishly deflects and doesn't have the balls to admit that he screwed up.

Of course, if it was up to the misogynist RepuQs the poor girl would have had a forced birth and her filthy rapist would have parental rights.
Word is that the rapist is an undocumented Guatemalan. Had the child given birth, would the rapist be eligible for citizenship (assuming they got married)?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:28 am

Word is that the rapist is an undocumented Guatemalan. Had the child given birth, would the rapist be eligible for citizenship (assuming they got married)?
Nah, plus the wingnuts would deport the bastard child and the traitor ten year old mom.

Can't have impure vermin destroying the fantasy world they live in.