The Supremes

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Supremes

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:28 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:40 am
Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim

:roll: IN Republican Attorney General Todd Rokita, Ohio Republican Attorney General Dave Yost and Ohio Republican Rep. Jim Jordan are cretins. The rape WAS rapidly reported and a suspect has been arrested. Opps. Note that Jordan childishly deflects and doesn't have the balls to admit that he screwed up.

Of course, if it was up to the misogynist RepuQs the poor girl would have had a forced birth and her filthy rapist would have parental rights.
Word is that the rapist is an undocumented Guatemalan. Had the child given birth, would the rapist be eligible for citizenship (assuming they got married)?
There's no actual right to anchor citizenship, though it can help prevent or delay deportation. Rapists get deported upon sentence completion. Marriage, whenever she's old enough under Ohio law, also may not have helped. I saw a forum post saying that she's also undocumented, but take that with a pile of salt.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:09 am
neoplacebo wrote:

Word is that the rapist is an undocumented Guatemalan. Had the child given birth, would the rapist be eligible for citizenship (assuming they got married)?
Nah, plus the wingnuts would deport the bastard child and the traitor ten year old mom.

Can't have impure vermin destroying the fantasy world they live in.
So it's prison for him, infamy for the girl, and glory for the wingnuts. I read a story a few minutes ago saying the IN doctor who performed the abortion is considering suing the OH dumbfuck (Rokita) for alleging she broke the law. What the fuck is wrong with these people? I'm no medical person, much less a doctor, but I have serious doubt that a ten year old could remain pregnant for nine months.....seems like it would play hell with her own physical development.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:17 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:40 am
Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim

:roll: IN Republican Attorney General Todd Rokita, Ohio Republican Attorney General Dave Yost and Ohio Republican Rep. Jim Jordan are cretins. The rape WAS rapidly reported and a suspect has been arrested. Opps. Note that Jordan childishly deflects and doesn't have the balls to admit that he screwed up.

Of course, if it was up to the misogynist RepuQs the poor girl would have had a forced birth and her filthy rapist would have parental rights.
There's no actual right to anchor citizenship, though it can help prevent or delay deportation. Rapists get deported upon sentence completion. Marriage, whenever she's old enough under Ohio law, also may not have helped. I saw a forum post saying that she's also undocumented, but take that with a pile of salt.
Yeah, the kid was discovered in a cabbage patch with no papers ten years ago. Nobody knows anything about it. God, there's some really stupid people in this country.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:42 am
. God, there's some really stupid people in this country.
Understatement of the year.
I used to think maybe they're not that stupid, just a bit uneducated or uninformed. Nope. Stupid is as stupid does.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Wow.
His inner nutjob is shining through.

AOC is right.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:56 am
Wow.
His inner nutjob is shining through.

AOC is right.
The RW was howling that the leak was an attempt by lefties to sabotage the ruling. However, it has since become clear that the leak was intended to prevent Kavanaugh and/or Barrett from wavering and agreeing to a Roberts compromise. It worked. The only question is whether this will ever be officially confirmed or whether it will be covered up.

What if it was Alito, himself?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_C ... tes#Tenure
... The only justice ever to be impeached was Samuel Chase, in 1804. The House of Representatives adopted eight articles of impeachment against him; however, he was acquitted by the Senate, and remained in office until his death in 1811. No subsequent effort to impeach a sitting justice has progressed beyond referral to the Judiciary Committee. (For example, William O. Douglas was the subject of hearings twice, in 1953 and again in 1970; and Abe Fortas resigned while hearings were being organized in 1969.) ...
No way would congressional RepuQs ever allow it. Otherwise, Clarence would have been impeached for his tacky conflicts of interest and possible corruption.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I wish we had about five like William O. Douglas today.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:23 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:14 pm
Let's be real, McConnell got to choose three justices, trump was the useful idiot.
One could argue that the RWNJ Federalist Society got to choose three justices and Moscow Mitch and TRE45ON are the useful idiots.
GWU to keep Clarence Thomas on payroll after Roe backlash
The justice suggested the Supreme Court "reconsider" rulings on contraception and same-sex marriage in his concurring opinion overturning the constitutional right to an abortion.

George Washington University will not cancel Justice Clarence Thomas’ constitutional law class or fire him, despite backlash against his concurring opinion in the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade, the university announced on Tuesday....
As a member of the community of GWU births, I apologize. :oops:
Boy, Bye! Clarence Thomas Will Not Teach At GWU Law School This Fall
A student-led petition at the Washington school led to Thomas' removal.

:---P If I'd known about the petition I would have signed it and claimed credit for putting it over the top. :wave:

I guess I could have written GWU Law and maybe included a pic from my infancy, but it sounded like the school had already made up its mind. Opps.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:56 am
Wow.
His (Alito's) inner nutjob is shining through.

AOC is right.

Speaking of inner nutjobs:
Revealed: leaked video shows Amy Coney Barrett’s secretive faith group drove women to tears

The People of Praise, a secretive Christian faith group that counts the conservative supreme court justice Amy Coney Barrett as a member, considered women’s obedience and subservience to men as one of its central early teachings, according to leaked remarks and writings of the wife of one of the group’s founders.

A leaked video of a recent private People of Praise event, marking its 50th anniversary, shows Dorothy Ranaghan explaining how some female followers of the faith group cried intensely in reaction to the group’s early teachings on “headship” and the “roles of men and women”, in which men are considered divinely ordained as the “head” of the family and dominant to women....
:puke-left: Read on, if you dare. It's worse than you can imagine. I remember that it was a big deal that JFK was Catholic. ACB is part of a full-on cult with misogyny as a central tenet.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:37 pm

:puke-left: Read on, if you dare. It's worse than you can imagine. I remember that it was a big deal that JFK was Catholic. ACB is part of a full-on cult with misogyny as a central tenet.
:puke-left: :puke-left:
🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢🤢

Cult city.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ginni Thomas Worked Harder To Overturn The Election Than Previously Known
The wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas pressured lawmakers in Wisconsin to keep Donald Trump in power.

... Clarence Thomas was the only member of the Supreme Court who voted against the court’s order allowing the U.S. House committee investigating the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021, to obtain Trump records that were held by the National Archives and Records Administration. The court voted in January to allow the committee to get the documents.

Ginni Thomas’s role in the plot to overturn the 2020 election won by Biden is being looked at by members of the House committee investigating the riot. The committee asked her in June to sit for an interview.
Clarence is the poster child for judicial corruption. LOCK HIM UP! :D
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:25 pm

Shit, lock her up while you are at it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:31 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:25 pm

Shit, lock her up while you are at it.
:lol: I meant to add that, but got distracted. Thanks.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

New day on the Supreme Court.

You go girl!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-cour ... 17990.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:27 pm

You go girl!

Edmund G. LaCour, Jr., solicitor general for the state of Alabama - spanked by KBJ. :clap:

He's not having a good run. Your link:
... In January, the three-judge panel — including two district judges appointed by former President Donald Trump — ordered a new map to be drawn with an additional majority Black district, which likely would have gained Democrats a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives this fall....
https://ballotpedia.org/Edmund_LaCour
On June 2, 2020, President Donald Trump (R) nominated LaCour to a seat on the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama. LaCour's nomination was returned to the president at the sine die adjournment of the U.S. Senate on January 3, 2021. President Trump renominated LaCour on the same day. President Joe Biden (D) withdrew the nomination on February 4, 2021....
What's the world coming to when a racist White Alabaman is a serial LOSER?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:40 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:27 pm

You go girl!

Edmund G. LaCour, Jr., solicitor general for the state of Alabama - spanked by KBJ. :clap:

He's not having a good run. Your link:
... In January, the three-judge panel — including two district judges appointed by former President Donald Trump — ordered a new map to be drawn with an additional majority Black district, which likely would have gained Democrats a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives this fall....
https://ballotpedia.org/Edmund_LaCour
On June 2, 2020, President Donald Trump (R) nominated LaCour to a seat on the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama. LaCour's nomination was returned to the president at the sine die adjournment of the U.S. Senate on January 3, 2021. President Trump renominated LaCour on the same day. President Joe Biden (D) withdrew the nomination on February 4, 2021....
What's the world coming to when a racist White Alabaman is a serial LOSER?
I tried to find out more about him, but have only confused myself.

Family not listed here
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_LaCour

But mom and dad names here both lead to early 20th century French sports people.

https://wikibioall.com/edmund-g-lacour- ... worth-age/

Could he be a Frenchie?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:52 pm

Family not listed here

But mom and dad names here both lead to early 20th century French sports people.

Could he be a Frenchie?
The name sounds French, but how far back did his family arrive?

I think your 2nd link gets his parents wrong. He's a LaCour, Jr, not a Lacoste or even a de la Chaume. Plus, they're too old to have birthed him in 1985. My own quick search did not yield more. It's odd. -0-?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:14 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Family not listed here

Could he be a Frenchie?

I think your 2nd link gets his parents wrong. He's a LaCour, Jr, not a Lacoste or even a de la Chaume. Plus, they're too old to have birthed him in 1985. My own quick search did not yield more. It's odd. -0-?
Whatever/wherever, he sure doesn't sound like a good ol boy from alerbamer.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:24 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:14 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Family not listed here

Could he be a Frenchie?

Family probably wandered over from New Orleans.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:24 pm
Yale Law grad doesn't fit the stereotype, either. So, call him a modern racist RepuQ pig pandering to the good ol boys.
1312. ETTD.