The Supremes

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: The Supremes

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Listened to a little bit of this morning's Roe argument.

It was very scary.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

If SCOTUS hates women that bodes well for some states to keep choice legal, and for some RepuQs to hate women at their peril. Other states . . . :(
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Scary.
How long will it take to undo is the question. Maybe not in our lifetimes.

The country is not ready for what's coming next from the Supreme Court.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:01 am
Scary.

Nope. Not in our lifetimes. Our version of law and democracy is dead and won't be coming back.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:09 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:01 am
Scary.

Nope. Not in our lifetimes. Our version of law and democracy is dead and won't be coming back.
:(

:clap:
I’ll pay for your kids college education if you do this and video it.
I’ll chip in for the food plan.
I got the parking pass.
I’ll buy their books
Recline.
More seriously, I was on a flight near Sen. Cassidy the day he voted to confirm Kavanaugh. I calmly told him his actions were an affront to the tens millions of sexual assault survivors in America.
Thank you.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

He should have
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Biden selects Ketanji Brown Jackson as Supreme Court nominee

... Biden nominated Jackson, 51, to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia last summer. Jackson had served as a district judge in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia since 2013, previously working as a public defender, the vice chair of the U.S. Sentencing Commission and a clerk under retiring Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer.
Hella qualified.
Jackson attended Harvard for both undergrad and law school and if confirmed would be the first federal public defender to serve on the court.
Cool.
Jackson was confirmed to her current post by the Senate in a 53-44 vote, with Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina voting in her favor. According to a Yahoo News poll earlier this month, 69 percent of Americans said Jackson was qualified to sit on the court, including 57 percent of Republicans....

... One of Jackson’s most prominent rulings was a 2019 decision in which she ordered former Trump White House counsel Don McGahn to testify in the impeachment inquiry against then-President Donald Trump....
:thumbup:

Flip-flop Lindsey:

Lindsey Graham declared that 'the radical Left has won' as Biden selected Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson for Supreme Court seat

:roll: , but to his credit he supports a different Black woman, South Carolina federal district judge J. Michelle Childs.

Sens. Rubio, Scott, take Miami’s Ketanji Brown Jackson across the ‘finish line’ | Editorial

Hmmm, I wonder if there's a realistic chance or if the Miami Herald Editorial Board is mocking blindly partisan Rubio and Scott.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Looks like an excellent choice.

So naturally the RWNJ's over on LNF are all up in arms.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:03 pm
Looks like an excellent choice.

So naturally the RWNJ's over on LNF are all up in arms.
Link, please.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

He doesn't have to die, an incapacitating stroke is fine.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Meh, he's been an infection for a long time. His wife is also a blatant infection. sick million

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:12 pm
Meh, he's been an infection for a long time. His wife is also a blatant infection. sick million
Speaking of infections, you must be so very proud:
Marsha Blackburn Lectures First Black Woman Nominated to Supreme Court on ‘So-Called’ White Privilege
The Republican from Tennessee suggested to Ketanji Brown Jackson that it’s merely a coincidence that only 2 of America’s 114 Supreme Court justices have been Black

... “You serve on the board of a school that teaches kindergartners, five-year-old children, that they can choose their gender, and that teaches them about so-called white privilege,” Blackburn said after bashing the “radical left.”

Blackburn continued to drill down on critical race theory, the GOP’s culture-war topic du jour. “You have praised the 1619 Project, which argues the U.S. is a fundamentally racist country, and you have made clear that you believe judges must consider critical race theory when deciding how to sentence criminal defendants,” she said. “Is it your personal hidden agenda to incorporate critical race theory into our legal system?” ...
:roll: :puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:

Jackson tactfully pointed out that Marsha Marsha Marsha and Lindsey are lying about her beliefs and statements. Opps.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:06 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:12 pm
Speaking of infections, you must be so very proud:
Marsha Blackburn Lectures First Black Woman Nominated to Supreme Court on ‘So-Called’ White Privilege
The Republican from Tennessee suggested to Ketanji Brown Jackson that it’s merely a coincidence that only 2 of America’s 114 Supreme Court justices have been Black

... “You serve on the board of a school that teaches kindergartners, five-year-old children, that they can choose their gender, and that teaches them about so-called white privilege,” Blackburn said after bashing the “radical left.”

Blackburn continued to drill down on critical race theory, the GOP’s culture-war topic du jour. “You have praised the 1619 Project, which argues the U.S. is a fundamentally racist country, and you have made clear that you believe judges must consider critical race theory when deciding how to sentence criminal defendants,” she said. “Is it your personal hidden agenda to incorporate critical race theory into our legal system?” ...
:roll: :puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:

Jackson tactfully pointed out that Marsha Marsha Marsha and Lindsey are lying about her beliefs and statements. Opps.
:lol: Yeah, Marsha is an expert on race relations. I get her "from the desk of" emails and without fail, every photo illustrating what she's "done" for the state is slam full of (mostly) old white people. I've yet to see a black person in any of them. And there's the "news clips" she's so proud of......every goddamn one, without exception, is a video clip from Faux News about some stupid or crazy thing that likely never happened. On the days I get those emails from her I start drinking early and am generally in no mood to offer my investment tips. On top of all this, every fucking neotip I've ever sent her has apparently been disregarded with prejudice. The whole thing is like some sort of oddball useless elongated (stretched) imitation of something from real life.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

How long does it take to remove an extra large stick from an anal orifice?

Wondering what they're not telling us.

High court won't say whether Thomas remains hospitalized

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:22 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Voice of experience?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:45 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Voice of experience?
Nah, I shove sticks up anal orifices, takes hardly any time at all.

I've shoved at least ten up your ass in the last 24 hours and you keep screaming "Thank you Sir, may I have another? "

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:20 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:45 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Voice of experience?
Nah, I shove sticks up anal orifices, takes hardly any time at all.

I've shoved at least ten up your ass in the last 24 hours and you keep screaming "Thank you Sir, may I have another? "

Sluggo's self-portrait:

You, Sluggo, are a very sick puppy.