AGT

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: AGT

Unread post by Vrede too »

There were 10 finalists.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:01 pm
Too much hassle with a slow computer to copy earlier posts and link vids, but for the record here's what I liked from last night's Final. Results tonight, 2100 - 2300 EDT.

Okay:
Victory Brinker, 9 year old opera singer. Bottom 5. :(
Dustin Tavela, magic. Champion. :clap:
Northwell Health Nurse Choir. Bottom 5. :(

Liked:
Lea Kyle, "best in the world" quick change artist. 5th place.
Aidan Bryant, self-taught teen aerialist. #2, so close. Supposedly the tightest ever between the top two.
I'm only sort of in sync with America.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I've always wondered whether escape acts were really dangerous or whether they were pure gimmick. Now, I know.
'America's Got Talent: Extreme' contestant hospitalized after terrifying stunt gone wrong

... TMZ, which broke the news of the incident, claims Goodwin was suspended 70 feet in the air and hanging in a straight jacket during the stunt. Two cars were apparently on either side of him, swinging back and forth. Goodwin was supposed to free himself as he hung by his feet from a wire and fall onto an air mattress below but became sandwiched between the vehicles. The impact purportedly caused the cars to explode and the stuntman fell to the ground and hit his head. He was responsive when airlifted to a hospital. The outlet cites production sources who claim the accident was so horrific, people watching it unfold thought he was dead....
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

If he had driven both cars at once while wearing the straightjacket, I'd be impressed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Last June:

Golden Buzzer: Nightbirde's Original Song Makes Simon Cowell Emotional - America's Got Talent 2021

Last August:

Simon Cowell Breaks Down in TEARS as 'Nightbirde' Returns to America's Got Talent Live Result Show!

Last Sunday:

Jane “Nightbirde” Marczewski Dies: ‘America’s Got Talent’ Star Was 31

:( RIP

America's Got Talent: Extreme (also known as AGT: Extreme) is an American reality television and talent competition series created by Simon Cowell that premiered on NBC on February 21, 2022, following a sneak peek episode that aired on February 20. The series is a spinoff of America's Got Talent that focuses on stunt performers. Terry Crews hosts the series, with Cowell, Nikki Bella, and Travis Pastrana serving as judges.
They ain't faking:

'America's Got Talent: Extreme' contestant Jonathan Goodwin leaves the hospital 4 months after horrific (rehearsal) crash

I didn't hear them mention him on Monday's show, but I might have missed it. I think I prefer the original format since there's more talent variety, but this was still good. Rerun Sun eve.

Golden Buzzer: Alfredo Silva's Cage Riders Impresses Terry Crews | AGT: Extreme 2022

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Leeky Da Bikestar Impresses Travis Pastrana With Street Motocross | AGT: Extreme 2022

Amazing!

My favorite:

Golden Buzzer: Wheelz’ Incredible Perseverance Makes The Judges Emotional | AGT: Extreme 2022

Holy crap! Massive wheelchair stunt, repeated to get it perfect.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:55 pm
If he had driven both cars at once while wearing the straightjacket, I'd be impressed.
And surely impressing you was the ultimate goal.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:54 pm
( :crybaby: )
Are we supposed to be impressed by your reaching back for a 4 month old post to respond to just so you can post after me? Mission accomplished. I'm impressed by how childish, butthurt and pathetic you are. Congrats.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

And I am humbled to know I played a part in this pathetic asinine gibberish. And I typed this while wearing a straightjacket and submerged in water. It's sort of an "alternate baptism."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:55 pm
And surely impressing you was the ultimate goal.
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:04 pm
Are we supposed to be impressed by your reaching back for a 4 month old post to respond to just so you can post after me? Mission accomplished. I'm impressed by how childish, butthurt and pathetic you are. Congrats.
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:04 am
And I am humbled to know I played a part in this pathetic asinine gibberish. And I typed this while wearing a straightjacket and submerged in water. It's sort of an "alternate baptism."
:lol:

Plus, as an "Extreme" talent show the ultimate goal surely is to impress each of us individually so that we tune it in the next time. Useless surely is an idiot.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I very rarely post anything to this thread since I don't watch the show. I don't even remember what my comment from months ago was contextually about. I just seized on the straightjacket aspect of it. Useless evidently did so as well. Weird.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Neo should go on AGT as an example of a lobotomized moron who manages to post nonsense daily on the internet.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:46 pm
Again my screen name is Ulysses.

If you want me to acknowledge one of your posts to me, you'll need to use "Ulysses" to address me.

It's that simple.

I will not respond in future to name-calling.

This is not rocket science.
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:46 pm
I very rarely post anything to this thread since I don't watch the show. I don't even remember what my comment from months ago was contextually about. I just seized on the straightjacket aspect of it. Useless evidently did so as well. Weird.
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:01 pm
Neo should ( :crybaby: ).
:lol: Your infantile pledge lasted exactly 15 minutes. Pathetic.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Neo should go on AGT as an example of a lobotomized moron who manages to post nonsense daily on the internet.
Useless should go on the show and recite his tally hole and his daily market figures with gains or losses recited to the second decimal place. He should also be wearing a bucket on his head while doing this. The judges and audience would all be bent over with strained abdominal muscles from laughing. Probably get two stars at least.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:36 am
Ulysses wrote:
Useless should go on the show and recite his tally hole and his daily market figures with gains or losses recited to the second decimal place. He should also be wearing a bucket on his head while doing this. The judges and audience would all be bent over with strained abdominal muscles from laughing. Probably get two stars at least.
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:04 pm
Ulysses wrote:
( :crybaby: )
Cower, Useless, cower.
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:57 pm
(post: brain damage self-portrait)
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Ignored.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

America's Got Talent (season 17)

"Auditions 1" May 31, 2022

Some acts I liked. My favorite is last, otherwise in no particular order.
Jess and JoJo Siwa's XOMG POP Performs an Original Song, "Candy Hearts" | AGT 2022

Girl group XOMG POP is ready for world domination with this original song! The group, founded by JoJo Siwa and Jess Siwa, perform "Candy Hearts" with tons of glitter and girl power!
Tweens and younger. Love the energy!
Ben Lapidus Wins Over the Judges Despite Getting 4 X's | The Parmesan Cheese Song | AGT 2022

"I always want more parmesan, but I'm embarrassed" will be stuck in your head for days! After being buzzed out, Ben Lapidus wins over the judges with his hilarious original song about parmesan cheese.
Too goofy to go far, but his persistence in winning over the audience and judges was fun.

Spain's Celia Muñoz Ventriloquist Without a Puppet SHOCKS the Judges on America's Got Talent

Ventriloquism with a cool twist.
Golden Buzzer: Avery Dixon's Emotional Audition Moves Terry Crews to Tears | AGT 2022

Grab your tissues; Avery Dixon's emotional audition might make you cry. Terry Crews was moved to tears when he heard Avery's sensational saxophone skills and harrowing story about being bullied.
Almost as good as Lisa Simpson.

BEST YO-YO ACT YET On America's Got Talent!

:shock:

Amazing Veranica and Her Talented Dogs Perform to "Butter" by BTS

Awww :clap: . Perfection, I don't think they missed a trick.

My favorite of the night:

Mervant Vera: RAPPING Magician Gets Standing Ovation On AGT 2022!

Both the rap and the magic are excellent, amazing job putting them together. :-||
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

New batch.

America's Got Talent (season 17)

"Auditions 2" June 7, 2022

My favorites are last, otherwise in no particular order.

Golden Buzzer: From The Audience to The Stage, Maddie Shocks The Judges With Her Voice

11 years old! :clap:
Viviana Rossi Stuns the Judges With a Sexy Aerial Act

After having an accident practicing this exact aerial, Viviana Rossi gives this sexy bathtub aerial another try! Viviana performs to "Never Tear Us Apart" by Bishop Briggs.
:shock:
Jojo and Bri Impress Simon Cowell With "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"

See why Simon Cowell calls Jojo and Bri’s audition his favorite! The uncle and niece duo sing their heart out to the classic "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Diana Ross and The Supremes.
Bri’Anna Harper is about 13, I think. :clap:

Favorites:

Japan Fusion is SPELLBINDING On America's Got Talent!

Killer acrobatic dance.

The Most Talented Chickens! | The Bock and Roll Band Auditions to "Footloose"

I had no idea that training chickens to this level is even possible, and I didn't notice a single flub.
1312. ETTD.