College football

O Really
Admiral

Re: College football

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:24 pm

I wish I'd known that NCIS was a triple going in. I'm not a fan of the LA iteration. It was pretty farfetched, but okay.
I didn't find it all that good, and don't usually watch the LA version anyway. But I probably would have watched Kardashian re-runs instead of the game, but I didn't even know it was over by 7:30 or so. I don't think I've ever been less interested in a game, even including World Cup final or WWF "championship." (JK, I don't really watch WWF)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:07 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:24 pm
They say, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". He smote.
Devil - 1
RW Christians - 0

I wish I'd known that NCIS was a triple going in. I'm not a fan of the LA iteration. It was pretty farfetched, but okay.
I didn't find it all that good, and don't usually watch the LA version anyway. But I probably would have watched Kardashian re-runs instead of the game, but I didn't even know it was over by 7:30 or so. I don't think I've ever been less interested in a game, even including World Cup final or WWF "championship." (JK, I don't really watch WWF)
Yeah, I'll go with not good, definitely not worth 3 hours. I just didn't want to insult you and start a whole thing over something so silly.

I didn't watch a single play, just like WWF. I did sporadically follow the ridiculous score online, which further proved that watching would have been a waste of time. Go Satan!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Too funny. I wonder how many bammers clicked on this article.

Iron Bowl: 5 Greatest Alabama vs. Auburn Games of All Time

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... s-all-time
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://flywareagle.com/2023/04/30/nix- ... l-reunion/

"Every time I think that I cannot dislike Harsin more, he proves me wrong. https://t.co/CPY8FTzdvI

— Nash 🦚 (@AUNashvegas) April 30, 2023"
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Some who don't know that much about Auburn or Harsin/Nix events might consider that a classy move to bury the hatchet.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:20 am
Some who don't know that much about Auburn or Harsin/Nix events might consider that a classy move to bury the hatchet.
I see a man being respectful to the ever clueless idiot who drove him away from his lifelong dream.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:09 am
O Really wrote:
I see a man being respectful to the ever clueless idiot who drove him away from his lifelong dream.
Was the "lifelong dream" to play for Auburn? I could see that, but Nix did get his dream and then ended up with a pretty good alternative when the dream turned nightmarish.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:02 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:09 am
O Really wrote:
Was the "lifelong dream" to play for Auburn? I could see that, but Nix did get his dream and then ended up with a pretty good alternative when the dream turned nightmarish.
Bo's dad from Wikipedia

"Nix played high school football at Etowah High School in Attalla, Alabama. He then attended Auburn University, where he was a standout quarterback for the Auburn Tigers. He came in for an injured Stan White against Alabama to help lead the Tigers to a perfect 11–0 record during his sophomore season in 1993. Nix graduated in 1995 as the school's career leader in passing efficiency. At Auburn, Nix played under head coach Terry Bowden; offensive coordinator Tommy Bowden, future head coach for Clemson; and quarterbacks coach Jimbo Fisher, current head coach at Texas A&M. Nix holds the Auburn passing record for the most pass completions in a game with 34 completions against Arkansas."

Yeah, followed Dad at Auburn was a lifelong dream.

O Really
Admiral

It would be a sadder story if, for example, Bo had gotten injured and not been able to play at Auburn or at all. But his reality wasn't what the dream was. Different team, different coach*, different time. I'm happy for him that he got a soft landing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:09 pm
It would be a sadder story if, for example, Bo had gotten injured and not been able to play at Auburn or at all. But his reality wasn't what the dream was. Different team, different coach*, different time. I'm happy for him that he got a soft landing.
Me too, I don't know of any Auburn people who aren't. Many may have been at first, but I think pretty much everyone was glad to see him leave the not ready for the big league coach from boise.

Hopefully Auburn's big shots learned the lesson they should have learned after chizik.

I can't say for sure, but I might even root for Bo if he plays Auburn.

Wikipedia again

"Nix accumulated over 12,000 total offensive yards and 161 touchdowns.[2]"

Somewhere I read that this is the high school record in Alabama.

"He also won Alabama's Mr. Football Award after his senior season.[3]"

O Really
Admiral

Why are Auburn fans infuriated at Harsin? Seems he was a poor choice to start with, but he was what the administration bought. https://flywareagle.com/2023/05/25/brya ... l-failure/

Why isn't the blame directed at who hired him? If you were hiring a basketball coach, you might have reasons for hiring a "Bobby Knight" but if you do you can't expect to get "Coach K." Seems it would be a good idea to follow Monty Python "We apologise again for the fault in the
(football program). Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked."
This was the first interview Harsin had with any major outlet since his Auburn football tenure, and the headline couldn’t possibly infuriate Tiger fans more: “Bryan Harsin ‘thriving’ away from football after rocky tenure at Auburn.”

Could it get more stomach-churning than the thought of the ex-coach flexing on the Plains following a tenure in which he came in, collected copious amounts of money, and did little to fortify the team’s recruiting depths at any point of his employment?
https://flywareagle.com/2023/05/25/aubu ... dure-exit/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:38 am
Why are Auburn fans infuriated at Harsin? Seems he was a poor choice to start with, but he was what the administration bought. https://flywareagle.com/2023/05/25/brya ... l-failure/

Why isn't the blame directed at who hired him? If you were hiring a basketball coach, you might have reasons for hiring a "Bobby Knight" but if you do you can't expect to get "Coach K." Seems it would be a good idea to follow Monty Python "We apologise again for the fault in the (football program). Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked."

I'll leave it to billy.pilgrim to discuss relative fury, but Harsin was hired by Allen Greene, director of athletics for Auburn, in Dec 2020. Both Harsin and Greene were fired in 2022. Greene is now Ole Miss deputy AD.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 1:22 pm

I'll leave it to billy.pilgrim to discuss relative fury, but Harsin was hired by Allen Greene, director of athletics for Auburn, in Dec 2020. Both Harsin and Greene were fired in 2022. Greene is now Ole Miss deputy AD.
Oh good. So they did see "Holy Grail" :lol:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 1:22 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:38 am

Why isn't the blame directed at who hired him? If you were hiring a basketball coach, you might have reasons for hiring a "Bobby Knight" but if you do you can't expect to get "Coach K." Seems it would be a good idea to follow Monty Python "We apologise again for the fault in the (football program). Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked."

I agree, the blame is all on Auburn for going cheap. A lot of us, me included, had no faith that he was anything more than the gimmick field at Boise.
I do admit to some animosity toward Harsin for his continued inability to understand his role and for running Bo off to Oregon and his new energized self.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:23 pm
Aggies Wire
ChatGPT ranks the scariest places to play in the SEC – Where did Texas A&M land?

#1 LSU Tigers, “Death Valley"
#2 Alabama Crimson Tide :puke-left:
#3 Texas A&M Aggies

#8 South Carolina Gamecocks. Seriously, scary chickens in “The Cockpit"?
#9 Auburn Tigers. Ouch, no respect. "20th largest stadium in the world with a current seating capacity of 87,451".

#14 Missouri Tigers. Po' MO.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:38 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:23 pm
Aggies Wire
ChatGPT ranks the scariest places to play in the SEC – Where did Texas A&M land?

#1 LSU Tigers, “Death Valley"
#2 Alabama Crimson Tide :puke-left:
#3 Texas A&M Aggies

#8 South Carolina Gamecocks. Seriously, scary chickens in “The Cockpit"?
#9 Auburn Tigers. Ouch, no respect. "20th largest stadium in the world with a current seating capacity of 87,451".

#14 Missouri Tigers. Po' MO.
We are a welcoming tailgate school.

That said, what an idiotic article. By all means Ol Miss should be near the top, afterall their stadium seats 64,038 as the largest stadium in Mississippi and texas a&m was forced by the sec to lose their 12th man bs - tied for 3rd.
Tennessee should be closer to the top - 2nd, behind LSU - 1st
and most of the rest - Auburn, Georgia, Alabama, Florida and maybe SC (I've never been there) tied at 3rd.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:20 pm

That said, what an idiotic article. By all means Ol Miss should be near the top, afterall their stadium seats 64,038 as the largest stadium in Mississippi and texas a&m was forced by the sec to lose their 12th man bs - tied for 3rd.
and most of the rest - Auburn, Georgia, Alabama, Florida and maybe SC (I've never been there) tied at 3rd.
:D
... In a ranking compiled by ChatGPT and shared through Saturday Down South, the artificial intelligence chatbot worked its magic to list the most daunting stadiums to play at in the SEC. Because why should you take the word of a diehard college football fan when you can easily ask AI to follow a prompt and provide a detailed response?
Plus, ChatGPT doesn't care when a diehard college football fan calls it names.
... Take a look below at how the AI bot ranked each SEC home stadium, and of course, let the “friendly” debates begin ...
:P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:59 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:20 pm

:D
... In a ranking compiled by ChatGPT and shared through Saturday Down South, the artificial intelligence chatbot worked its magic to list the most daunting stadiums to play at in the SEC. Because why should you take the word of a diehard college football fan when you can easily ask AI to follow a prompt and provide a detailed response?
... Take a look below at how the AI bot ranked each SEC home stadium, and of course, let the “friendly” debates begin ...

Did you mean that i should look at the little blurb about each stadium - I did.

#1 - I'll go along with lsu - the corn dog aroma is overwhelming

#2 - bama - why? Or does the article mean "team" when it says "stadium"? If so we have to flip #1 and #2.
Alabama's stadium should probably be way down the list. Even sabin complains about bama fans leaving at half-time, especially if they are losing.
Earlier I gave them a tie at 2nd, that was too generous.

#3 Texas a&m - dat be sum funny shit dey be smoking up at dey ChatGPT.
Going 4 - 4 in conference play is so intimidating.

#4 - uga (#2 see below)

#5 - old Mississippi - sure thing - wrong. The Grove is one of the best Tailgates anywhere, but their stadium has never been called intimidating by anyone.

Hard to see clear #1, 2, 3, 4 ... groupings work better.

1 - lsu - stands out as #1
The rest I see in groupings
2 - uga, AU, Tennessee, Florida,
3 - Arkansas, bama, atm
4 - USC, Mississippi State, Ol Miss
5 - Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Missouri

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:

... Because why should you take the word of a diehard college football fan when you can easily ask AI to follow a prompt and provide a detailed response?
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:58 pm
Did you mean that i should look at the little blurb about each stadium - I did....
I didn't care. I was just teasing you with Auburn being #9 and then with your “friendly” debating that the article predicted. It's AI in the early stages of its use. I don't put any more stock in its opinion that I do in a random sportswriter's or the word of a diehard college football fan like you.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:10 pm
Vrede too wrote:

... Because why should you take the word of a diehard college football fan when you can easily ask AI to follow a prompt and provide a detailed response?
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:58 pm
Did you mean that i should look at the little blurb about each stadium - I did....
I didn't care. I was just teasing you with Auburn being #9 and then with your “friendly” debating that the article predicted. It's AI in the early stages of its use. I don't put any more stock in its opinion that I do in a random sportswriter's or the word of a diehard college football fan like you.
All true, including my most perfect take.