Failed prohibition

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Failed prohibition

Unread post by O Really »

Here's a fun statistic for you. The percentage of US adults who say they've used marijuana in 2022 is higher in OK (26.3%) than in California (24%)
So the people who "don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee" are using more than long-time-legal Crazy Cali.

BTW, you Carolina people need to step up your game.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/723 ... us-adults/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:11 am
Here's a fun statistic for you. The percentage of US adults who say they've used marijuana in 2022 is higher in OK (26.3%) than in California (24%)
So the people who "don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee" are using more than long-time-legal Crazy Cali.

BTW, you Carolina people need to step up your game.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/723 ... us-adults/
We know that surveyors are narcs.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:35 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:25 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:11 pm
Yeah, those houses haven't gotten any cheaper and really, the "$80,000-85,000" salary offered doesn't go all that far. But the job is in Oakland, so you'd be close enough to Useless to go over and give him live fish slaps after work.
:shock:
Are koi a game fish in CA?

We are a strange nation.
Maps show states where weed is legal for recreational, medical use

... The states where recreational weed is legal are Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington. It is also legal in Washington, D.C....

There should be a green dot for the Cherokee Rez in WNC.
... In Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah and West Virginia, marijuana is allowed for medical use. It's not decriminalized for other uses, though, and people can still be prosecuted for having non-medical marijuana.

Where is weed illegal in 2024?

In Nebraska and North Carolina, marijuana is illegal but decriminalized. That means that in these two states, a person will face penalties but not prosecution for certain amounts of weed.

In Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin, weed is illegal and not decriminalized, but CBD products are allowed.

In Idaho, Kansas, South Carolina and Wyoming, marijuana and all cannabis products are illegal, and weed is not decriminalized.

What other countries have legalized weed?

Marijuana is legal in several countries, including Canada, Germany, Mexico, South Africa and Thailand.
TN will legalize bestiality and abortion before legalizing pot.

Don't know exacctly what happened to that place in VA I'd visited. It's still closed and has been for several weeks. I recall some story on yahoo news not long ago about how VA recently did, or neglected to do something but I don't remember the details. Guess I'll just have to deal with criminals again until this is fixed. But, hell, I've been doing that for decades anyway.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:43 am

Don't know exactly what happened to that place in VA I'd visited. It's still closed and has been for several weeks. I recall some story on yahoo news not long ago about how VA recently did, or neglected to do something but I don't remember the details. Guess I'll just have to deal with criminals again until this is fixed. But, hell, I've been doing that for decades anyway.
:headscratch:

I called the one in Bristol, VA - open
(276) 206-2003
780 Gate City Highway, Bristol, VA 24201
https://risecannabis.com/dispensaries/virginia/bristol/

There's another one in Abingdon, VA - open
(276) 644-6400
26864 Watauga Road, Abingdon, VA 24211
https://risecannabis.com/dispensaries/v ... /abingdon/

The guy did say you need a VA medical card. Was that your experience when you first visited?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:45 am
neoplacebo wrote:

Don't know exactly what happened to that place in VA I'd visited. It's still closed and has been for several weeks. I recall some story on yahoo news not long ago about how VA recently did, or neglected to do something but I don't remember the details. Guess I'll just have to deal with criminals again until this is fixed. But, hell, I've been doing that for decades anyway.

(276) 206-2003

(276) 644-6400

The guy did say you need a VA medical card. Was that your experience when you first visited?
I do remember the news story I read recently did say medical pot is still legal in VA but the recreatioal aspect of it had been postponed or revoked or something like that.

No, when I went there they just asked for an ID showing I was old enough. They didn't mention medical cards. If I had to guess, I'd say this one near me shut down because they figure the medical card crowd isn't large enough to make it worth it. It would be nice if the state goes through with what they said originally about recreational sale.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:08 pm
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

(276) 206-2003

(276) 644-6400

I do remember the news story I read recently did say medical pot is still legal in VA but the recreatioal aspect of it had been postponed or revoked or something like that.

No, when I went there they just asked for an ID showing I was old enough. They didn't mention medical cards. If I had to guess, I'd say this one near me shut down because they figure the medical card crowd isn't large enough to make it worth it. It would be nice if the state goes through with what they said originally about recreational sale.
The dude said "VA medical card" several times as if I was . . . well, stoned. So, maybe something did change. What town is/was your local shop in?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:39 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:08 pm
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

(276) 206-2003

(276) 644-6400

The dude said "VA medical card" several times as if I was . . . well, stoned. So, maybe something did change. What town is/was your local shop in?
The shop I went to is only about two hundred yards across the border. I'm not even sure if it's actually within the first incorporated town, which is Weber City (Scott County). It's on the main drag that only has convenience stores and a few churches.

O Really
Admiral

In light of all the "ban TikTok" kerfuffle, I decided to actually read their privacy policy to see what data is collected and how they say it might be used. Certainly much of it seems a bit unnecessary and invasive. So since I wasn't asleep yet, I continued my journey into the weeds and looked at Instagram. Switch the names and you probably wouldn't know which was which. Assuming there are some, somebody give me an example of the Chinese government asking for and receiving personal data from TikTok. Or would it be easier to find examples of US government units getting to your data? Maybe look here: https://www.koffellaw.com/blog/can-poli ... o%20ignore.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

I'm sure much more data is mined and shared by Apple and Google on everyone's smartphone and tablet and who knows who it's being shared with.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:18 pm
In light of all the "ban TikTok" kerfuffle, I decided to actually read their privacy policy to see what data is collected and how they say it might be used. Certainly much of it seems a bit unnecessary and invasive. So since I wasn't asleep yet, I continued my journey into the weeds and looked at Instagram. Switch the names and you probably wouldn't know which was which. Assuming there are some, somebody give me an example of the Chinese government asking for and receiving personal data from TikTok. Or would it be easier to find examples of US government units getting to your data? Maybe look here: https://www.koffellaw.com/blog/can-poli ... formation/
Sometimes the pols talk about the risks from data mining, which is a risk across the web IMO and as you imply. Sometimes they talk about the ability of China to steer our culture and politics like Russia does on behalf of TRE45QN and the GQP, but without having to infiltrate a third party site like NSAbook. I wonder if it isn't just about money. TikTok is a cash cow whose niche could be exploited by Americans.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I noticed yesterday that the pot shop just over the state line is now open again. Don't know if it's because lawyers waved legal wands or what the reason is.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 am
I noticed yesterday that the pot shop just over the state line is now open again. Don't know if it's because lawyers waved legal wands or what the reason is.
CONGRATS! Let us know if you now need a VA medical card or not.

Don't bogart that pufferfish, my friend.

Dolphins purposely 'getting high' on pufferfish - Dolphins - Spy in the Pod: Episode 2 - BBC One

Article

:shock: :lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:29 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 am
CONGRATS! Let us know if you now need a VA medical card or not.

Don't bogart that pufferfish, my friend.

Dolphins purposely 'getting high' on pufferfish - Dolphins - Spy in the Pod: Episode 2 - BBC One

Article

:shock: :lol:
I've not been in there since sometime last month. But will need to re supply before too long. Anyway, I'll let you know if you have to have a card next time I'm in there.

That dolphin thing reminded me of the old Dylan song Rainy Day Women #12 and 35......."everybody must get stoned." :thumbup:

O Really
Admiral

I don't know anything about medical cards, but I wonder if you have to be a state resident to get one. Theoretically, it's more a prescription service than a licence service, and it's very common for doctors to treat out of state patients - particularly close to state lines.