Faux Noise

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:38 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:32 pm
... Katy Tur (MSNBC) began her first minute with Tucker, Lemon and their own:
NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell Forced Out After Sexual Harassment Claim From CNBC Reporter Hadley Gamble

Whoa....
LOL
Making this a good day for politicians.
:D MSM has had better Mondays.

Meanwhile, NPR/PBS are boring, again. ;)
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tucker Carlson found out Fox News ouster while he and his staff were preparing Monday's show: reports

After a decade-plus career at the network, Tucker Carlson was let go just 10 minutes before Fox News released a statement announcing his departure, sources told The Wall Street Journal.

The abrupt nature of the ouster was echoed in a report from The New York Times, which said the anchor was told Monday morning without any heads up....
:violin: After Tucker pissed on America for years it's refreshing to see Faux Noise piss on Tucker.

Instant classic video:

Bye-bye!
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:44 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:38 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:32 pm
... Katy Tur (MSNBC) began her first minute with Tucker, Lemon and their own:
NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell Forced Out After Sexual Harassment Claim From CNBC Reporter Hadley Gamble

Whoa....
LOL
Making this a good day for politicians.

News is supposed to be boring. It was boring (informative) before fox and msnbc made it sensational entertainment and destroyed us all.

https://youtu.be/6PmEfxrFAWQ
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:49 am

News is supposed to be boring. It was boring (informative) before fox and msnbc made it sensational entertainment and destroyed us all.
I don't know that I remember Walter Cronkite being particularly boring. But the curating of what to cover has certainly changed as part of the effort to sensationalize. Early Fox stations were ridiculed for being "all crime all the time" and "if it bleeds it leads." That approach was apparently contagious over time. I watch local TV news but rarely national. Even with the local though, I'm guessing when they're putting their show together they look at the list of potential stories and and ask "what's the most entertaining" and not so much "what's the most important."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:49 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:44 pm

https://youtu.be/6PmEfxrFAWQ
It's a fake "complaint", hence " ;) ". Idk if "News is supposed to be boring," but news about news networks should be.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

News selection seems also to be related to the selection of "issues" politicians choose to focus on. Would a rational person ever look at all current and potential issues, problems, and opportunities and decide that governing bodies should spend so much of their time on abortion, transgender people, minutiae of school systems, yada? And that carries over to the "news". There aren't all that many transgender people total, and probably most legislative bodies aren't spending that much time on it, but the ones that are get the press. Some idiot introduces a bill that in most cases has no chance of becoming law or withstanding court challenge, and it's reported in the press as if it's a done deal. And announced by the bill sponsor as an "accomplishment."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

The real news helped end the Vietnam War. Entertainment news made waring against defenders countries and torture fun and games for the whole family.
And remember, Fox is best because they have the most viewers if you don't count SpongeBob.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:47 am
I don't know that I remember Walter Cronkite being particularly boring. But the curating of what to cover has certainly changed as part of the effort to sensationalize. Early Fox stations were ridiculed for being "all crime all the time" and "if it bleeds it leads." That approach was apparently contagious over time. I watch local TV news but rarely national. Even with the local though, I'm guessing when they're putting their show together they look at the list of potential stories and and ask "what's the most entertaining" and not so much "what's the most important."
We're just going to have to settle for the other stupid and whiny entertainers on Faux Noise.

Sean Hannity presents the selling points of the Green New Deal. Sold! … to people with a brain. @seanhannity
Additional paid vacation time? Universal Health Care? Food security? Oh, the horror! 😱😂
You’re telling me I’m gonna have health care, paid vacation, and food security?!? That’s not a winning platform…
More family leave = Time to help loved ones/self get better = Good.
More leave time = more money we spend on the economy. Good.
Universal Health = Excellent.
Green Housing is more $ in my pocket = Good.
Food Security = Good.

Where's the problem here?
:D :thumbup: Article
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:58 am
O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:47 am
We're just going to have to settle for the other stupid and whiny entertainers on Faux Noise.

Sean Hannity presents the selling points of the Green New Deal. Sold! … to people with a brain. @seanhannity
Additional paid vacation time? Universal Health Care? Food security? Oh, the horror! 😱😂
You’re telling me I’m gonna have health care, paid vacation, and food security?!? That’s not a winning platform…
More family leave = Time to help loved ones/self get better = Good.
More leave time = more money we spend on the economy. Good.
Universal Health = Excellent.
Green Housing is more $ in my pocket = Good.
Food Security = Good.

Where's the problem here?
:D :thumbup: Article
Ask a fox watcher, "why should I pay for someone else's goodies? I paid for those things all by myself working at the foundry, the automobile factory, the military, the post office, the police department, etc, etc, etc."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:15 am
Ask a fox watcher, "why should I pay for someone else's goodies? I paid for those things all by myself working at the foundry, the automobile factory, the military, the post office, the police department, etc, etc, etc."
Because the assholes you voted for gave all our wealth to the uber-rich, buddy. Thanks a lot, Faux watcher.

Fox Sends Cease-And-Desist Letter To Media Matters Over Leaked Tucker Carlson Videos; Media Watchdog Responds

Fox News parent Fox Corp. has sent a cease-and-desist order to Media Matters for America in an effort to stop leaked footage of Tucker Carlson, which shows the fired Fox News host making offensive and crude remarks. Media Matters The company claims the “proprietary material” was given to the media watchdog “without Fox’s authorization.”
:violin:
... Media Matters President Angelo Carusone released the following statement to Deadline to “clarify any misunderstanding” after the organization received the letter.

“Reporting on newsworthy leaked material is a cornerstone of journalism. For Fox to argue otherwise is absurd and further dispels any pretense that they’re a news operation. Perhaps if I tell them that the footage came from a combination of WikiLeaks and Hunter Biden’s laptop, it will alleviate their concerns.”
:---P :lol:
Media Matters recently has published several videos of Carlson making offensive and crude remarks about women and complaining about the network. In one video, Carlson describes an unnamed woman as “yummy” and refers to his fans as “post-menopausal”....
Opps.

:lol: Media Matters homepage:

Tucker Carlson tapes:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: In the wake of the Faux Noise cease-and-desist letter the Tucker Carlson tapes are still on the Media Matters homepage. Hah!
Fox News owner posts $50-million loss after landmark Dominion defamation settlement

The net loss is a massive swing from the $290 million in net income reported during the same period a year ago and underscored the financial toll of the case on the conservative cable news network.

Counting legal fees, the legal settlement with Dominion cost the company $850 million and was the main source of the loss in the quarter, despite an 18% increase in revenue to $4.08 billion....

Ratings have plummeted for Fox News in prime time since Carlson's departure as temporary hosts have appeared in the 8 p.m. Eastern hour where "Tucker Carlson Tonight" had been averaging more than 3 million viewers....

The hour has lost more than half its audience and on Friday trailed MSNBC and CNN in the 25-to-54 age group favored by advertisers.

Fox Corp. shares fell 1.5% on Tuesday....
Fox Corporation (FOX)
NasdaqGS Real Time Price.

2/6/2022: 39.450
2/12/2023: 34.220
Right now: 29.390

Opps.

Another hit coming?
Former DHS disinformation expert sues Fox News for defamation

An expert who once oversaw a Department of Homeland Security disinformation board filed a defamation suit Wednesday against Fox News, her lawyer said.

Nina Jankowicz said in the suit, filed in Delaware state court, that she was subjected to violent threats because of Fox News’ portrayal of her and her role, which included insults made on the network....

Jankowicz, an author and an expert in disinformation, was appointed executive director of DHS board, which was created in late April 2022. It was an internal working group within the agency with no authority, the suit says....

Comments on Fox News portrayed her as censoring Americans' speech, the suit argues. She was called "unhinged” and a "Minister of Truth" in an apparent reference to George Orwell's dystopian world in "Nineteen Eighty-Four," the suit says....

The lawsuit alleges defamation and seeks compensatory damages, as well as punitive damages; the amounts are not spelled out....

A defamation lawsuit Smartmatic, an electronics equipment company, filed against Fox News is pending. Smartmatic's suit seeks $2.7 billion....
:---P :---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Abbott knocks Dominion over Tucker Carlson’s departure from Fox News

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) bashed Dominion Voting Systems over the departure of Tucker Carlson from Fox News, following a report that the popular conservative primetime host was fired from the network as part of its settlement with the voting software company.

Carlson was told by a member of the network’s board of directors that he was taken off the air as part of the Fox News settlement with Dominion, according to Axios, which cited unidentified sources briefed on the conversations. Abbott said if the reporting was true, then he is “happy that Dominion does not operate in Texas.”

“We may disagree with other’s positions, but we should never try to improperly silence views contrary to our own,” Abbott said on Twitter on Saturday. “If Dominion wants to do business with Texas in the future, they should first answer questions about what role, if any, they played in silencing a prominent conservative journalist.”

A Fox News spokesperson in a statement to Axios said that the idea that Carlson was let go of as part of the settlement was “categorically false.” An attorney for Dominion also told the news outlet that it did not insist on Carlson being fired....
:wtf:

Abbott is swallowing the whiny claim of a now proven LIAR.

Abbott is making a fool of himself spreading a rumor that's DENIED by both Faux Noise and Dominion.

Abbott is threatening a hypothetical. It's not certain that he would have any authority to interfere with Dominion's business in the state.

Even IF the Tucker Carlson firing was part of the deal it's because he's a LIAR, not because he's "conservative".

Why would anyone defend a rotten employee that cost his employer hundreds of millions of dollars?

This is yet another distraction from the underlying issue, TRE45QN's Big Lie.

Abbott is a big fat crybaby and not very bright.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Seems to work for him in Texas. Go figure.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

A lot of conservatives are big fat crybabies who are, charitably, not very bright. They actually like being crybabies. It's what they do. Hell, they'll cry about any goddamn thing.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Yeah, it's her sister.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 1:06 am
:oops:

Butch haircut. :lol:
:D Curtis seems pretty normal, it's Laura Ingraham that I'm not so sure about. "She" sure seems to overcompensate.

Fox News Stoked Outrage Over Migrants Displacing Homeless Vets. It Was a Hoax.
NO APOLOGIES
Fox News and the rest of right-wing media went wild for a week over a now-debunked story about New York hotels booting homeless vets to accommodate asylum seekers.

"a week"!!!

Laura Ingraham Has ‘No Clue’ Why Vets Group Made Up Story Fox Ran Wild With

"Laura Ingraham Has ‘No Clue’ ______" is the template for oh so very many accurate articles.

Who was stupid and prejudiced enough to swallow and spread the hateful vet and migrant-expoiting :bs: ?
Rupert Murdoch's New York Post
All of Faux Noise - "dozens of on-air segments"
Faux Business
Laura Ingraham big time - "fraudulent asylees"
Fox & Friends First
Faux Noise midday panel show Outnumbered
Faux Noise contributor Lisa Marie Boothe
Faux Noise host Will Cain
Newsmax (not retracted :roll: )
GOP State Assemblyman Brian Maher
"prominent Republicans"
"local Republicans"
"the right-wing media industrial complex"
SINO McCarthy
Nikki Haley
Donald Trump Jr, of course
Yvette Aguiar, the town supervisor of Riverhead
Faux Noise "anchor Harris Faulkner added that Biden 'doesn’t mean it' whenever he says 'God bless the troops' after a speech." :obscene-birdiered: Harris Faulkner is a moronic chickenhawk asshole while Biden's son likely died as a consequence of his service.

Modern RW = gullible and mean idiots.
The problem is that even AFTER they listen to her tell them that it is a not a true story 75% of their viewers WON'T believe that, and still think the original story is true. They will concoct some story on their own as to why she said the original story was not true. Probably involving the deep state.
Conservatives are known for their intelligence.
:lol:
They claim that they "had no idea" - they know exactly why. People on the far right want to stir up hate for illegal immigrants and dehumanize them. They keep the base fired up with hate and outrage. It's the whole Fox business model.
Well, I guess we didn’t have to wait long to see if the Dominion settlement would change Fox’s behavior. And is anyone surprised that the answer is no?
:---P
The Insurrection Party supports veterans only when convenient. Those, who believed this story, were outraged at immigrants, rather than being outraged that there are homeless veterans. Turn that fake outrage into action and demand that your representatives address the issue of homeless veterans!
Excellent point.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Airports shut down, baseball and basketball canceled.....nothing to see here folks.

They're incapable of learning.

Fox News Hosts Have Most Predictable Response To New York Wildfire Smoke

O Really
Admiral

OK, so I can understand some of these clowns being critical of covid mask mandates, etc. at least in part because there was a lot of misunderstanding, lack of information and dis-information going around, at least enough to let somebody try to create a wedge issue.

But the smoke is not ambiguous. Its effects on people are not unknown - in fact short-term effects are immediately known through burning eyes, coughing, etc. And the particle content of wildfire smoke isn't unknown. Consider what a wildfire burns - it's not jus clean oak firewood. Chemicals from burning houses, cars, not to mention animals. All well-known and not in dispute.

I think the worst smoke we've encountered was in 300-range, and NYC is 400. 250 is miserable. What possible gain can these clowns get by deriding those who voluntarily choose to protect themselves as best they can from the smoke? Heck, they can't even blame Biden for this, unless they're going to say he should have put up some kind of wall to keep the smoke out. Idiots.