Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by O Really »

Well, the wreath operation is two companies a for-profit and a non-profit, but I'm guessing the project would involve a lot of contributions, grants, etc. And the billion isn't just for the flagpole, huge and elaborate as it may be, but for the entire park and tourist trap.

Why? no clue.
I hope they shut it down, not because it's a flag per se, but because it needlessly, unnecessarily and inappropriately wrecks some natural land that ought to be protected.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:52 am
https://nypost.com/2023/07/01/plan-for- ... aine-town/

I remember there was something sleazy about these people from a few years back, but don't remember the specifics.
Maybe this is what you remember, Wreaths Across America: Conflicts of interest.

Or, there's enabling sexual harassment and abusing foreign workers.
But how is a non- profit wreath company able to spend a billion, yep a billion dollars on a flagpole?
As O Really says, Wreaths Across America is a nonprofit. Worcester Wreath Company and Worcester Resources are for-profit outfits, sleazy paid suppliers for the nonprofit.
And why?
Morrill Worcester is an elderly, insecure jingoistic con that wants to be memorialized by a garish, environmentally destructive abomination?

Anyhow, :puke-left: x 1 billion.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:25 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:52 am
https://nypost.com/2023/07/01/plan-for- ... aine-town/

I remember there was something sleazy about these people from a few years back, but don't remember the specifics.
Maybe this is what you remember, Wreaths Across America: Conflicts of interest.

Or, there's enabling sexual harassment and abusing foreign workers.
But how is a non- profit wreath company able to spend a billion, yep a billion dollars on a flagpole?
As O Really says, Wreaths Across America is a nonprofit. Worcester Wreath Company and Worcester Resources are for-profit outfits, sleazy paid suppliers for the nonprofit.
And why?
Morrill Worcester is an elderly, insecure jingoistic con that wants to be memorialized by a garish, environmentally destructive abomination?

Anyhow, :puke-left: x 1 billion.
A plan to build the world’s tallest flagpole — higher than the Empire State Building — to hoist an American flag larger than a football in the Maine wilderness has divided a small town close to its proposed site.

The $1 billion project — dubbed the Flagpole of Freedom Park — is intended to “bring Americans together, remind them of the centuries of sacrifice made to protect our freedom, and unite a divided America,” said Morrill Worcester, founder of Worcester Wreath.
WTF? In the middle of bumfu** Maine?
Sounds like a stunt.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I love Maine. Have spent many great summer and fall days there without having to put up with the miserable winter. Good people, good food, lots to do. Mainers generally take care of their environment, and tolerate people "from away" well. It would be totally criminally crazy to let that monstrosity go up, but if he does build it I think it would be good to hang his head on it.

Funny quote about Maine - former New Yorker (City) friend years ago was listening to a colleague talk about their trip to Maine. She goes "wait - Maine is a real place? I thought it was only in LL Bean ads."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:39 am
I love Maine. Have spent many great summer and fall days there without having to put up with the miserable winter. Good people, good food, lots to do. Mainers generally take care of their environment, and tolerate people "from away" well. It would be totally criminally crazy to let that monstrosity go up, but if he does build it I think it would be good to hang his head on it.
:thumbup:
Funny quote about Maine - former New Yorker (City) friend years ago was listening to a colleague talk about their trip to Maine. She goes "wait - Maine is a real place? I thought it was only in LL Bean ads."
That's dumb. Everyone knows that it's a fictional state invented by Stephen King.

viewtopic.php?p=185468#p185468
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:41 pm
... And, of course Josh is a moron....
The History and Civics-ignorant christofascist has done it again.
(note: looks like I've got some access to Twitter back. Elon got shamed over the weekend :clap: )
Josh Hawley Busted After Using Fake Founding Father Quote To Push Religious Agenda
The Missouri senator gets called out on Twitter over a quote he falsely attributed to Patrick Henry.

Sen Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) is under fire for a Fourth of July tweet that managed to include both a false claim and a false quote....

The United States was not founded as a Christian nation ― the First Amendment makes that clear ― and Henry, while deeply religious, didn’t say anything of the sort.

Nor did any of the other Founding Fathers.

The quote is actually from a 1956 magazine article that discussed Henry’s faith.

Hawley, a self-appointed expert in manliness who saluted the Jan. 6 mob with a fist pump only to flee those same rioters hours later, was called out on Twitter:
Patrick Henry: "If you put fake quotes in my mouth after I die, I'm going to come back as a ghost and poltergeist the shit out of you."
Adam Cohen Lawyers for Good Government #DemCast
@axidentaliberal

What’s it like to know that every time you open your mouth

The people who conferred degrees on you at Stanford and Yale

Must be cringing at the vacuousness that spews from your lips
"As one of the largest Founding Fathers, I wish Josh Hawley would stop using fake quotes" — Abraham Lincoln
:lol: More scathing tweets at the link.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:32 pm
So suppose for the sake of discussion that Hunter Biden has done everything the moon-barkers think he's done. Other than eating babies, does anybody know exactly what they think he's done?
US says missing GOP whistleblower is arms trafficker, Chinese agent

:laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Seems like they want to cut everyone's funding except their own salary.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:36 pm
Seems like they want to cut everyone's funding except their own salary.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/ ... 0550079488
My motivations are different from Rep. Tim Burchett's, but I don't disagree with (partially) defunding the prison and military industrial complexes.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Oops... :roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:roll:
2022 election

During his 2022 campaign for Arizona's 2nd congressional district, Crane was endorsed by Donald Trump. Crane additionally accepted the endorsement of far-right state senator Wendy Rogers before the date of the primary election.... Crane promoted the false conspiracy theory that there were "massive amounts of fraud" in the 2020 United States presidential election. Crane called upon the Arizona State Legislature to decertify Joe Biden's victory in the state, and for the Attorney General of Arizona to launch a criminal investigation into alleged voter fraud.

Tenure

Crane did not support Kevin McCarthy for House Speaker, and was one of six Republicans to vote against him on every ballot in the 2023 election. In the 15th and final round of voting, Crane dropped his support for a different candidate and voted "present".
Figures, fringe RepuQ Trumpette. Wiki is FAST :clap: :
On July 13, 2023, Crane used the phrase "colored people" during a debate over a bill amendment he proposed involving the issue of race in the military. Rep. Joyce Beatty of Ohio immediately had the comment stricken from the Congressional Record.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:27 pm
[. Wiki is FAST :clap: :
[/quote]

Sometimes too fast. If you remember, republicans were able to change the gross definition of Boof to a harmless drinking game during the hearing thereby making those who had stated the actual definition look like liars.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:47 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Wiki is FAST :clap: :

Sometimes too fast. If you remember, republicans were able to change the gross definition of Boof to a harmless drinking game during the hearing thereby making those who had stated the actual definition look like liars.
It's better than is used to be - sourcing, citations, monitoring, etc - but Idk if it's good enough.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:19 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:47 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Wiki is FAST :clap: :

It's better than is used to be - sourcing, citations, monitoring, etc - but Idk if it's good enough.
Mostly it's great. Leave it too republicans to use a weakness to flip the script in Boof's favor.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Yellowstoning? -0-?

Yahoo and urban dictionary provided no answers.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:56 pm
Yellowstoning? -0-?

Have you asked the experts?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:25 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:56 pm
Yellowstoning? -0-?

These guys?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:48 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:25 am
These guys?

https://cdn.musebycl.io/2021-05/Geico%2 ... 202021.jpg
:lol:

These guys?

Bing and Wiki let me down.

Whatever, I think it's more interesting that Stephen Miller and Jack Posobiec have "fond memories of classic Barbie dolls".

How fond? :o :o
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:14 am

Whatever, I think it's more interesting that Stephen Miller and
Ewww.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:58 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:14 am
... Whatever, I think it's more interesting that Stephen Miller and Jack Posobiec have "fond memories of classic Barbie dolls".

Ewww.
Sorry. :D :wave:

More stupid stuff ruffling cons:

Conservatives Are Furious That Nancy Mace (R-SC) Has Premarital Sex
1312. ETTD.