Traveling

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Traveling

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:32 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:04 am

The walking videographer said something about the lions no longer being visible. I'll bet they were lured to a different enclosure before the evacuation.
They successfully herded cats?
Easier than disgruntled tourists.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:03 pm

Easier than disgruntled tourists.
Probably Republicans.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:44 pm
Travel to MouseLand keeps getting worse
https://www.frommers.com/blogs/arthur-f ... or-quality
Well, I've lived in California for the last 60 years, and never been to Disneyland in SoCal. I do remember attending a computer convention in Orlando one year, back in the 1980's, when one of the venues was at Disney World. I think that was a just for a day, and I was not impressed with much of anything. Food, meh. Ride, meh. At least it was shirt sleeve weather.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:13 pm
O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:44 pm
Travel to MouseLand keeps getting worse
https://www.frommers.com/blogs/arthur-f ... or-quality
Well, I've lived in California for the last 60 years, and never been to Disneyland in SoCal. I do remember attending a computer convention in Orlando one year, back in the 1980's, when one of the venues was at Disney World. I think that was a just for a day, and I was not impressed with much of anything. Food, meh. Ride, meh. At least it was shirt sleeve weather.
Disney is designed mainly for kids, and has also attractions adults would generally enjoy. Haunted Castle, Space Mountain, Flume, Hall of Presidents and several others are fun for all. Maybe you just had dull companions. But yeah, food meh - and expensive.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Shit, if they'd just front me about 250 million I'd give them something to write home about. Neoland. It would be the next in line in the wonders of the world queue. The place would have everything for everybody and anything for anybody. Wild animals would roam freely and laugh at the humans wandering by. Nobody would be denied admittance while conscious. All tastes from genteel and flaccid old money types to modern spike hair black fingernails types will be able to get coddled, admired, stomped, or anything else they may want. Nothing is off the table. Hell, there is no table. I'm speaking of down on your knees wonder.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:09 pm
Shit, if they'd just front me about 250 million I'd give them something to write home about. Neoland. It would be the next in line in the wonders of the world queue. The place would have everything for everybody and anything for anybody. Wild animals would roam freely and laugh at the humans wandering by. Nobody would be denied admittance while conscious. All tastes from genteel and flaccid old money types to modern spike hair black fingernails types will be able to get coddled, admired, stomped, or anything else they may want. Nothing is off the table. Hell, there is no table. I'm speaking of down on your knees wonder.
:thumbup:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:lol:

O Really
Admiral

More about Neoland...
https://medium.com/@neoworldtech.io/the ... 2a6e71ac86

Recently there is quite a bit of media hype for NeoLand and many people from the community have asked about it. There is so far little information about NeoLand. Here we have prepared a beginner’s list of questions and hope that will help.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:37 pm
More about Neoland...
https://medium.com/@neoworldtech.io/the ... 2a6e71ac86

Recently there is quite a bit of media hype for NeoLand and many people from the community have asked about it. There is so far little information about NeoLand. Here we have prepared a beginner’s list of questions and hope that will help.
Neoland is a virtual world....
Yeah it is! :P
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Sounds more like Nightmareland.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Shit. Somebody beat me to it. Doh! I didn't know there was an actual Neoland. I am honored and proud. Go Neoland! Beat Reguland.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:07 pm
Shit. Somebody beat me to it. Doh! I didn't know there was an actual Neoland. I am honored and proud. Go Neoland! Beat Reguland.
Neoland is populated with hominys and people that need stomping.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:36 pm
Disney is designed mainly for kids, and has also attractions adults would generally enjoy. Haunted Castle, Space Mountain, Flume, Hall of Presidents and several others are fun for all. Maybe you just had dull companions. But yeah, food meh - and expensive.
Disneyland in 400 square feet, including a loft or two:

A family of 5 renovated a 2-story RV that's complete with a secret doorway, hidden projector, and fireplace

The Garcia family in their holodeck:

O Really
Admiral

Some clever ideas and nice work, but not all that special. Hopefully, he found out why the plumbing was inside under the shower before moving it. My guess is that it was there to protect it from freezing in cold weather.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Given our TSA, I won't hold my breath.

Travelers Will No Longer Be Restricted When Packing Liquids, Thanks To This New Technology

Hasn't been an issue for me. I don't desire to carry booze on board any more, It's easy to fill an empty water bottle after TSA, and the restriction on other liquids has not been an imposition.

O Really
Admiral

So the Summer Tour has begun and we find ourselves in Bend OR for most of June. We've always enjoyed Bend, but never been here when it wasn't cold. Lots to do around here on nice days - hikes, biking, road trips, kayaking down the Deschutes, and, as it turns out - a lot of music. Bend has a riverfront amphitheatre that we had seen in our off-season visits, but throughout the summer has concerts, mostly by people you've heard of, all the time. And although getting into the amphitheatre isn't free, ticket prices are generally reasonable and there is a free option if you are happy to just listen from across the river and not see the performance. Last night we had Indigo Girls and Sarah Mclaughlin. And it's not like you're listening from some muddy rock pile. There's a shopping/dining/entertainment area directly across the river and you can sit out and enjoy drinks/dinner and listen.
https://www.oldmilldistrict.com/
Full schedule here: https://bendconcerts.com/events-concerts/
Bob Dylan on 6/27.

Bend is pretty much Asheville with bigger mountains and longer winters.
Tomorrow we're heading out for a couple days road trip to the Painted Hills fossil area.
https://www.nps.gov/joda/planyourvisit/index.htm

O Really
Admiral

BTW, fuel price around Vancouver/Victoria is around $9.00CAD, $7.00USD. Might put a dent in how much to tootle around in the UAV.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I always thought of Oregon as a progressive state, but there are apparently many a RWNJ throughout.

Is Bend a liberal bastion like Asheville?

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:20 pm
I always thought of Oregon as a progressive state, but there are apparently many a RWNJ throughout.

Oregon is like a ying-yang symbol. The west (where most of the people live) is generally progressive; the east (which is mostly desert) wants to be part of Idaho. Bend is pretty much central located, but mostly progressive.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:26 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:20 pm

Oregon is like a ying-yang symbol. The west (where most of the people live) is generally progressive; the east (which is mostly desert) wants to be part of Idaho. Bend is pretty much central located, but mostly progressive.
Geographically, Bend is more to the west than to the east.

Not that it really matters.

My brother emigrated to Oregon to attend school in the late 60's. He wound up settling down there afterward. I have visited him a few times over the ensuing years. Lots of nice trees.