The double standard

A conservative forum.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The double standard

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:04 amRemember all the times Obama actually did provide evidence to prove his innocence or place of birth, or religion or ...

Yet republicans continued to claim guilt
God says that it's okay for Repugs to lie about nonwhites and never be accountable for their lies and double standards.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:24 pm
First Republican member of Congress voices support for Trump impeachment probe

First crack in the dam, Trumpette. Your idol went too far this time. Northern Nevada’s Second Congressional District being solid red is even more trouble for you, can't whine that he's pandering.
Rep. Mark Amodei (R-NV2) is backtracking, beaten down by 45SHOLE's PC storm troopers.
1312. ETTD.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

We have our very own Baghdad Bob
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

This is meant to reply to pp but I didn't want to copy a long multiple quote thread but two or three posts came in before I got this one on.

Sigh; ok, the "transcript" that trump publicly released, which wasn't a transcript but selected parts of the call that he chose to make public, shows that he engaged in the actions he's been accused of (trying to influence a foreign entity to act on his behalf for his political benefit) just as the whistle blower said he did. Last Sunday morning I watched Rudy the talking skull on live tv (ABC) admit that he also tried to influence that same foreign entity to act on trump's personal interests. Another live tv appearance by the talking skull from the previous Thursday (CNN) shows him admitting that he asked Ukrainian officials to investigate Biden and his son in the same type effort to benefit trump in his political aims after first denying he did so. Unlike the apologists and acolytes, I am not just making this up. It actually happened. The "transcript" and the talking skull are the reasons that the impeachment inquiry was initiated. And just today I saw other print media from NYT and WSJ stating that the AG has been engaged in this same sort of behavior in the UK and Italy in an effort to "discover how the Mueller investigation got started," All of the above is solely designed and done in an effort to aid trump in his political goals (winning next year's election). If trump were as great as he says he is and is everybody's favorite president as he says he is, I can't understand why he would engineer all this undercover work. After all, to hear trump tell it, all his "accomplishments" should negate the need for any of these comedic amateurish efforts to enlist the aid of foreign governments in his re election efforts. Hope this helps but I doubt it; you'll never get out of the boat and never stop being gullible.
PeacefulPartier
Pilot Officer

Unread post by PeacefulPartier »

neoplacebo wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:05 pm This is meant to reply to pp but I didn't want to copy a long multiple quote thread but two or three posts came in before I got this one on.

Sigh; ok, the "transcript" that trump publicly released, which wasn't a transcript but selected parts of the call that he chose to make public, shows that he engaged in the actions he's been accused of (trying to influence a foreign entity to act on his behalf for his political benefit) just as the whistle blower said he did. Last Sunday morning I watched Rudy the talking skull on live tv (ABC) admit that he also tried to influence that same foreign entity to act on trump's personal interests. Another live tv appearance by the talking skull from the previous Thursday (CNN) shows him admitting that he asked Ukrainian officials to investigate Biden and his son in the same type effort to benefit trump in his political aims after first denying he did so. Unlike the apologists and acolytes, I am not just making this up. It actually happened. The "transcript" and the talking skull are the reasons that the impeachment inquiry was initiated. And just today I saw other print media from NYT and WSJ stating that the AG has been engaged in this same sort of behavior in the UK and Italy in an effort to "discover how the Mueller investigation got started," All of the above is solely designed and done in an effort to aid trump in his political goals (winning next year's election). If trump were as great as he says he is and is everybody's favorite president as he says he is, I can't understand why he would engineer all this undercover work. After all, to hear trump tell it, all his "accomplishments" should negate the need for any of these comedic amateurish efforts to enlist the aid of foreign governments in his re election efforts. Hope this helps but I doubt it; you'll never get out of the boat and never stop being gullible.
If the Biden's engaged in something illegal, how would you expect the government to investigate? You make it very clear that you think that any attempt to investigate is some how coercion. So tell me how our government could cooperate with another country and it wouldn't be coercion...in your eyes.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

PeacefulPartier wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:26 pm
neoplacebo wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:05 pm This is meant to reply to pp but I didn't want to copy a long multiple quote thread but two or three posts came in before I got this one on.

If the Biden's engaged in something illegal, how would you expect the government to investigate? You make it very clear that you think that any attempt to investigate is some how coercion. So tell me how our government could cooperate with another country and it wouldn't be coercion...in your eyes.
If the Bidens committed a crime, I would expect them to be charged with it. But this whole thing about the son working for the gas company and Joe "getting the state prosecutor fired" has been looked into back when it happened. And you continue to disregard the fact that it wasn't just Joe suggesting the prosecutor be fired; it was most of the EU as well as the IMF. It was not Joe Biden on some fucking crusade on this on behalf of his son. This has been stated over and over and can be confirmed from contemporaneous accounts of it. You just can't believe it because Hannity and Carlson and Ingraham bleat and squawk and quack about it on a continual basis. There's an old line from a song called "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" that says "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." This is why I form my opinions from concensis instead of believing without question what someone with an opinion on the subject has to say. You should try it sometime. As for "how do I expect the government to investigate" I generally trust the government to use the CIA, NSA, the intelligence agencies of allies, and that sort of thing. That's what they do.
PeacefulPartier
Pilot Officer

Unread post by PeacefulPartier »

neoplacebo wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:41 pm

If the Bidens committed a crime, I would expect them to be charged with it. But this whole thing about the son working for the gas company and Joe "getting the state prosecutor fired" has been looked into back when it happened. And you continue to disregard the fact that it wasn't just Joe suggesting the prosecutor be fired; it was most of the EU as well as the IMF. It was not Joe Biden on some fucking crusade on this on behalf of his son. This has been stated over and over and can be confirmed from contemporaneous accounts of it. You just can't believe it because Hannity and Carlson and Ingraham bleat and squawk and quack about it on a continual basis. There's an old line from a song called "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" that says "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." This is why I form my opinions from concensis instead of believing without question what someone with an opinion on the subject has to say. You should try it sometime. As for "how do I expect the government to investigate" I generally trust the government to use the CIA, NSA, the intelligence agencies of allies, and that sort of thing. That's what they do.
I think the problem here is that you don't write as precisely as you think you do.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

PeacefulPartier wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:45 pm
neoplacebo wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:41 pm

I think the problem here is that you don't write as precisely as you think you do.
That's a mighty bold statement coming from you, grasshopper. If you have trouble comprehending what I write, as I noted how your comprehension skills are in conflict with your preconceived notions, just ask me what I mean or ask me to clarify or amplify. And you really are metamucil; in your just posted statement above, you say that I "make it very clear" ........which is it?
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

***ESL key in red.

The question arises whether PP (name) really is this stupid (not a name) or whether s/he's a knowing participant (neutral name) in the lies.

First, there's no basis to investigate Joe (name) or his son, none. The prosecutor was not investigating Hunter's company at the time, Hunter (name) was never implicated in anything, and the issue with the uber-corrupt prosecutor (name) that has become the right's idol (name) is that he was NOT investigating corruption.

Then, even if there was a basis to investigate Joe (name) or his son, that is done by neutral professionals (neutral neutral name :wave: ) at the FBI with strict separation from political entities. For POSPOTUS (name) to request or even worse coerce an investigation of his political rival (neutral name) by a foreign government (neutral name), which IS campaign assistance, is automatically a campaign felony and treason.

So, is Civics-ignorant (not a name) PP (name) a useful idiot (name), or is PP complicit in democracy and America-hating treason (not a name)? There is no option #3. Shame (not a name).
1312. ETTD.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Here's some good double standard blatant hypocrisy to go with the bullshit trump bleats, squawks, and quacks daily.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/joe-bide ... 23001.html

And I also read a story that trump just today said he may ask the Chinese to also "investigate" Biden. I am sure they are just happy as hell to do anything he asks......if he gets rid of the tariffs on them. This shit gets weirder by the hour.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:27 pmHere's some good double standard blatant hypocrisy to go with the bullshit trump bleats, squawks, and quacks daily.

Great find, thanks. Perfect exposure of PP's "double standard" idiocy. Biden was always carrying out bipartisan US policy and it's only hypocritical rightwing morons that are now saying otherwise without any evidence at all backing them up.

And I also read a story that trump just today said he may ask the Chinese to also "investigate" Biden. I am sure they are just happy as hell to do anything he asks......if he gets rid of the tariffs on them.

45SHOLE did commit the further felony and treason of publicly asking China to assist his campaign. I don't know if he offered anything for it and don't think they've responded yet.

Trump calls on China to join effort to tar Bidens

Note that this could bite Ivanka and Jared, too - yet another POSPOTUS double standard.

This shit gets weirder by the hour.

Look who adores Chinese communism. Hint: It’s not Bernie, Liz, Antifa or AOC.

“Congratulations to President Xi and the Chinese people on the 70th Anniversary of the People’s Republic of China!”
— Donald J. Trump

China, Russia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Philippines - POSPOTUS has not met a dictatorship that he doesn’t envy.
1312. ETTD.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:46 pm
neoplacebo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:27 pmHere's some good double standard blatant hypocrisy to go with the bullshit trump bleats, squawks, and quacks daily.

Great find, thanks. Perfect exposure of PP's "double standard" idiocy. Biden was always carrying out bipartisan US policy and it's only hypocritical rightwing morons that are now saying otherwise without any evidence at all backing them up.

And I also read a story that trump just today said he may ask the Chinese to also "investigate" Biden. I am sure they are just happy as hell to do anything he asks......if he gets rid of the tariffs on them.

45SHOLE did commit the further felony and treason of publicly asking China to assist his campaign. I don't know if he offered anything for it and don't think they've responded yet.

Trump calls on China to join effort to tar Bidens

Note that this could bite Ivanka and Jared, too - yet another POSPOTUS double standard.

This shit gets weirder by the hour.

Look who adores Chinese communism. Hint: It’s not Bernie, Liz, Antifa or AOC.

“Congratulations to President Xi and the Chinese people on the 70th Anniversary of the People’s Republic of China!”
— Donald J. Trump

China, Russia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Philippines - POSPOTUS has not met a dictatorship that he doesn’t envy.
:lol: Yeah, that China thing is sort of like going to court for your drunk driving charge but before you go you chug a pint of Southern Comfort and proceed to drive on to court on your suspended license. Winning!
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:27 pm... And I also read a story that trump just today said he may ask the Chinese to also "investigate" Biden. I am sure they are just happy as hell to do anything he asks......if he gets rid of the tariffs on them. This shit gets weirder by the hour.
Turns out that he committed that campaign felony and treason back on June 18.
Elizabeth Warren joins Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in criticism of Donald Trump's June 18 call with China

Democratic presidential hopeful Elizabeth Warren on Thursday called for President Donald Trump to release transcripts of phone conversations between him and President Xi of China after reports emerged that Trump raised both her and former Vice President Joe Biden's political prospects....
Elizabeth Warren
@ewarren

Trump can say what he wants about me, but it's outrageous that any president would sell out the people of Hong Kong behind closed doors.

The public must see the transcript of Trump's call with Xi. And we need a leader who will stand up for our values.
According to CNN, "In that call, Trump also told Xi he would remain quiet on Hong Kong protests as trade talks progressed." ...
Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

Mr. President, you cannot extort foreign governments to help you win re-election. It’s an abuse of power. It violates your oath of office. And it jeopardizes our national security. I know you want to rig the primary and pick your opponent, but I’m not going anywhere.
1312. ETTD.
1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

PeacefulPartier wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:33 pm A lot of bad can come from assuming someone is guilty.
The left are still taking the 2016 election loss hard.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:43 pm :lol: Yeah, that China thing is sort of like going to court for your drunk driving charge but before you go you chug a pint of Southern Comfort and proceed to drive on to court on your suspended license. Winning!
He "parked" on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse.
1312. ETTD.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Our dearly departed PeacefulPartier's words of wisdom, "a lot of bad can come from assuming someone is guilty" is why we have trump for a pretend president. The pent up rage of the right wing nutjobs and the lesser lights of our society in having a black president for eight years and not finding him guilty of not being born in the US or guilty of anything else has served to make them so unhinged that they fell for a pathological liar, career con man, and serial bankruptcy artist. So now they must defend the idiot at all cost no matter what. It's tragic. But I find their tragedy to be funny; a comedy of ignorance.

Just witness the latest tweet of the serial liar; bleating about the "great" farmers that he's helped to the tune of 28 billion dollars that he says China has paid for......and the tragic/comedic aspect is that the nutjobs actually believe China has paid those farmers all those billions of dollars when in fact, China has not paid them one cent. Isn't that funny?

A lot of bad can come from assuming someone is paying for something they're not really paying for. neoplacebo Oct 2019