Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Investigate merrick
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:24 pm
Investigate merrick
Sadly I don't think that would turn up anything nefarious, just a lack of vertebra.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Interesting video

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.insider.com/energy-official ... in-2022-12

Energy official hangs out at airport luggage pickup and steals $2,000+ bags as his side gig.

He's been caught twice in the past two weeks. I guess the 1st time was all a-okay because he continued to travel on taxpayer expense and got caught again.

Idiot denied the theft despite overwhelming evidence and offered an excuse so pitiful my kid could have done better at 4.

There are oh so many levels to our laws and to enforcement of the law.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:40 am

Energy official hangs out at airport luggage pickup and steals $2,000+ bags as his side gig.

He's been caught twice in the past two weeks. I guess the 1st time was all a-okay because he continued to travel on taxpayer expense and got caught again.

Idiot denied the theft despite overwhelming evidence and offered an excuse so pitiful my kid could have done better at 4.

The LV charges came after the Minnesota charges, but that doesn't mean the LV incident happened more recently.
... The date of the alleged incident was not clear and other details were not immediately available.

An attorney for Brinton — who has been placed on leave from their post with DOE — did not immediately respond to requests for comment by Insider on Friday.

The DOE told Insider in a statement on Friday that the agency "takes criminal charges against DOE employees and clearance holders very seriously" as it said that "Sam Brinton, a career civil servant, is on administrative leave."
Sounds like they were suspended since the Minnesota charges, though that isn't entirely clear.
... Briton was caught on surveillance footage checking into a luxury riverfront hotel in St. Paul with the bag and was later seen on two other occasions traveling with the luggage, the complaint alleges.
Does DoE pay for luxury hotels?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:59 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

The LV charges came after the Minnesota charges, but that doesn't mean the LV incident happened more recently.
... The date of the alleged incident was not clear and other details were not immediately available.

An attorney for Brinton — who has been placed on leave from their post with DOE — did not immediately respond to requests for comment by Insider on Friday.

The DOE told Insider in a statement on Friday that the agency "takes criminal charges against DOE employees and clearance holders very seriously" as it said that "Sam Brinton, a career civil servant, is on administrative leave."
Sounds like they were suspended since the Minnesota charges, though that isn't entirely clear.
... Briton was caught on surveillance footage checking into a luxury riverfront hotel in St. Paul with the bag and was later seen on two other occasions traveling with the luggage, the complaint alleges.
True, LV was in July

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234644687/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:16 am
True, LV was in July

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234644687/
Thanks. I wondered if the MN bust might have led to the LV bust.
... Las Vegas’ 8 News Now reported on Thursday that a felony warrant has been issued for Brinton regarding a second incident of stolen luggage, this time at Harry Reid International Airport. Brinton is wanted on charges of grand larceny for items with a value between $1,200 and $5,000.

According to the declaration of warrant, which was reviewed by Rolling Stone, the theft took place in July of this year. The case was initially closed as law enforcement failed to identify Brinton, who was captured on CCTV footage removing a woman’s luggage from baggage claim. Following news reports of the incident in Minneapolis, the detective assigned to the case recognized Brinton. Law enforcement secured an identification by cross referencing the clothing they were wearing in security footage — a shirt with a rainbow atomic nuclear symbol — with social media posts from the day the luggage was stolen.
I'll bet that other airports are now reviewing their unsolved cases.
Brinton, who holds dual masters degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in nuclear science and engineering, was selected to serve in the Biden administration in Jan. 2022. Brinton had previously worked as a nuclear policy analyst at the Bipartisan Policy Center, and with nuclear waste disposal company Deep Isolation. In November, following the first accusation of theft, Brinton was placed on leave from their position at the Office of Nuclear energy.
Good, they're done with government work, and maybe all private industry work related to their degrees. Opps.
... Brinton claims to have been the victim of horrific torture at the hands of a conversion therapist, allegations that jumpstarted their career as an activist. Other LGBTQ+ advocates have raised concerns regarding the veracity of Brinton’s claims, pointing to inconsistencies in the timeline, and stonewalling by Brinton regarding the identity or even location of the therapist.

On Wednesday, Truth Wins Out (an anti-conversion therapy advocacy group) founding Executive Director Wayne Besen accused prominent LGBTQ+ activist groups of ignoring “clear warning signs” and engaging in “sloppy, ethically negligent, and shockingly unprofessional” behavior in elevating Brinton without thoroughly vetting their background. The situation has now led to a national pile on by conservative media and anti-LGBTQ+ advocates, who are using Brinton’s status as a prominent figure to browbeat and malign the community.
Damn, probably done in the LGBTQ+ activist community, too. What a moron!
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I don't care if the person is non-binary or not; I don't care if it wears dresses or pants. But Taylor Swift-worth lipstick under a mustache and a shaved head seem to indicate a looniness I probably wouldn't hire.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:49 am
I don't care if the person is non-binary or not; I don't care if it wears dresses or pants. But Taylor Swift-worth lipstick under a mustache and a shaved head seem to indicate a looniness I probably wouldn't hire.
Better without the mustache?

What shade lipstick would you wear? :P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

A person can be anything it wants to be, and is free to express themselves with any shade of lipstick or any number of tattoos on their face. But as they say "freedom isn't free" and sometimes that freedom of expression comes with a price. Like not getting hired to represent a company or government to the public. Intellectually genius this person may be, but it's a loon with no sense of propriety for the environment it's in. IMNVHO, I'd say "dress/make-up how you want for the club; pick an appropriate outfit for the office." And don't steal other peoples' stuff.

O Really
Admiral

Funny how Faux refers to it as "nonbinary Biden administration official" and not "gov't official" or even "DOE deputy assistant secretary". Biden's fault.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Yep, yep, yep and yep.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:32 pm
A person can be anything it wants to be, and is free to express themselves with any shade of lipstick or any number of tattoos on their face. But as they say "freedom isn't free" and sometimes that freedom of expression comes with a price. Like not getting hired to represent a company or government to the public. Intellectually genius this person may be, but it's a loon with no sense of propriety for the environment it's in. IMNVHO, I'd say "dress/make-up how you want for the club; pick an appropriate outfit for the office." And don't steal other peoples' stuff.
I was just teasing you over the specificity of your fashion criticism :P . Could be that Brinton toned it down when job hunting and at DoE -0-? . The Rolling Stone doesn't give the context for its pic.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Maybe the Intercontinental St. Paul. Claims to be "luxury" and is in good location on the river, but has room rates in the low 100's. No reason to call it "luxury" in the article except to add derision.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:13 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:32 pm
I was just teasing you over the specificity of your fashion criticism :P . Could be that Brinton toned it down when job hunting and at DoE -0-? . The Rolling Stone doesn't give the context for its pic.
It's surely possible. If a publication has a choice between an outrageous (some might say "fabulous") outfit or a more bland one, they'll take the one that makes the person look the most ridiculous. However, a slightly-more-than-cursory search for a non-costumed pic comes up with nothing. If it ever dresses otherwise, there are no pics.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:19 pm
Maybe the Intercontinental St. Paul. Claims to be "luxury" and is in good location on the river, but has room rates in the low 100's. No reason to call it "luxury" in the article except to add derision.
Good point. There may have even been a conference at the hotel or other reason for picking it. Idk what bias the Insider has. The paragraph isn't clear whether "luxury" is an Insider or a cop term.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:25 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:13 pm
It's surely possible. If a publication has a choice between an outrageous (some might say "fabulous") outfit or a more bland one, they'll take the one that makes the person look the most ridiculous. However, a slightly-more-than-cursory search for a non-costumed pic comes up with nothing. If it ever dresses otherwise, there are no pics.
Ditto. Whether they're in DoE or activist mode that day the pic that Rolling Stone used is one of the more "normal" ones available.

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Actually a little smokey eye would help.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:01 pm
http://www.maybelline.com/~/media/mny/u ... lwidth.jpg
You're putting a lot of thought into this, nttawwt.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:30 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:01 pm
http://www.maybelline.com/~/media/mny/u ... lwidth.jpg
You're putting a lot of thought into this, nttawwt.
Maybe not so much. I may have mentioned that one of my career stops was as labor relations manager for one of Revlon's manufacturing units. Even though that was long ago, I probably still have a better understanding/knowledge of cosmetics than the average male.