Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:35 pm
Maybe not so much. I may have mentioned that one of my career stops was as labor relations manager for one of Revlon's manufacturing units. Even though that was long ago, I probably still have a better understanding/knowledge of cosmetics than the average male.
Excellent. Now, charge the Former Guy that stole classified documents from the American people.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:27 am
O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:35 pm
Maybe not so much. I may have mentioned that one of my career stops was as labor relations manager for one of Revlon's manufacturing units. Even though that was long ago, I probably still have a better understanding/knowledge of cosmetics than the average male.
Excellent. Now, charge the Former Guy that stole classified documents from the American people.
Ain't gonna happen, unless Biden fires his maga AG.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:36 am
Vrede too wrote:
My understanding is that special counsel Jack Smith has independent authority to indict. Merrick will retain veto authority, but would he take that radical step and would it play out in private or public?
Special Counsel Smith speeds ahead on criminal probes surrounding Trump

Newly-appointed special counsel Jack Smith is moving fast on a pair of criminal probes around Donald Trump that in recent months have focused on the former president’s state of mind after the 2020 election, including what he knew about plans to impede the transfer of power, people familiar with the matter tell CNN.

Though he remains in Europe recovering from a biking accident, Smith has made a series of high-profile moves since he was put in charge last month, including asking a federal judge to hold Trump in contempt for failing to comply with a subpoena ordering him to turn over records marked classified.

Since Thanksgiving, Smith has brought a number of close Trump associates before a grand jury in Washington, including two former White House lawyers, three of Trump’s closest aides, and his former speechwriter Stephen Miller. He has also issued a flurry of subpoenas, including to election officials in battleground states where Trump tried to overturn his loss in 2020.

Smith takes over a staff that’s already nearly twice the size of Robert Mueller’s team of lawyers who worked on the Russia probe.  A team of 20 prosecutors investigating January 6 and the effort to overturn the 2020 election are in the process of moving to work under Smith, according to multiple people familiar with the team.

Smith will also take on national security investigators already working the probe into the potential mishandling of federal records taken to Mar-a-Lago after Trump left the White House.

Together, the twin investigations have already established more evidence than what Mueller started with, including from a year-long financial probe that’s largely flown under the radar.

“Mueller was starting virtually from scratch, whereas Jack Smith is seemingly integrating on the fly into an active, fast-moving investigation,” said Elie Honig, a former federal prosecutor and senior CNN legal analyst.

Smith also won’t be constrained in the same way as Mueller, who deferred decisions on whether to charge Trump because he was a sitting president....
GoJackGo.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Police: Customer shoots St. Louis KFC employee over no corn

A KFC employee in St. Louis has been hospitalized after a customer shot him because he was upset that the restaurant had run out of corn, police said....
:wtf: Are they calling the bullet wound a 'corn hole'? :wave:
And people wonder why I go on about Missouri being the Florida of the Midwest....SMH.
:lol: :P
Imagine if they ran out of mashed potatoes!
I could understand if they were out of coleslaw but corn?
Upon reflection, Bob decided that working at a KFC in St Louis was a bit too dangerous an occupation, so instead he became a bomb disposal officer for the St Louis police force.

Ticket inspector electrocuted on platform by falling live wire (video)

:shock:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

This everybody gets a gun crap is proving daily that it's bullshit
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:53 pm
This everybody gets a gun crap is proving daily that it's bullshit
Yep. :(

Man with WWI explosive lodged in his rectum sparks bomb scare, hospital evacuation

:wtf: It's huge.

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

How, and ferpetesake why would someone stuff an 8"x2" shell up their ass?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:04 pm
How: My guess is decades of escalating practice.
Why: Really? ;)
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:09 pm
O Really wrote:
How: My guess is decades of escalating practice.
Why: Really? ;)
That thing is definitely not your standard butt-toy.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Chick magnet.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:34 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:36 am
Vrede too wrote:
My understanding is that special counsel Jack Smith has independent authority to indict. Merrick will retain veto authority, but would he take that radical step and would it play out in private or public?
Special Counsel Smith speeds ahead on criminal probes surrounding Trump

Newly-appointed special counsel Jack Smith is moving fast on a pair of criminal probes around Donald Trump that in recent months have focused on the former president’s state of mind after the 2020 election, including what he knew about plans to impede the transfer of power, people familiar with the matter tell CNN.

Though he remains in Europe recovering from a biking accident, Smith has made a series of high-profile moves since he was put in charge last month, including asking a federal judge to hold Trump in contempt for failing to comply with a subpoena ordering him to turn over records marked classified.

Since Thanksgiving, Smith has brought a number of close Trump associates before a grand jury in Washington, including two former White House lawyers, three of Trump’s closest aides, and his former speechwriter Stephen Miller. He has also issued a flurry of subpoenas, including to election officials in battleground states where Trump tried to overturn his loss in 2020.

Smith takes over a staff that’s already nearly twice the size of Robert Mueller’s team of lawyers who worked on the Russia probe.  A team of 20 prosecutors investigating January 6 and the effort to overturn the 2020 election are in the process of moving to work under Smith, according to multiple people familiar with the team.

Smith will also take on national security investigators already working the probe into the potential mishandling of federal records taken to Mar-a-Lago after Trump left the White House.

Together, the twin investigations have already established more evidence than what Mueller started with, including from a year-long financial probe that’s largely flown under the radar.

“Mueller was starting virtually from scratch, whereas Jack Smith is seemingly integrating on the fly into an active, fast-moving investigation,” said Elie Honig, a former federal prosecutor and senior CNN legal analyst.

Smith also won’t be constrained in the same way as Mueller, who deferred decisions on whether to charge Trump because he was a sitting president....
GoJackGo.
Hurry, you have maybe 2 weeks.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:56 pm

??
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
I THINK you're wrong. The Omnibus spending bill has cleared Congress and DoJ doesn't take orders from House GQP wackos.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:04 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
I THINK you're wrong. The Omnibus spending bill has cleared Congress and DoJ doesn't take orders from House GQP wackos.
True, but I'm pretty sure the House GQP wackos can come up with some way to make DOJ's life harder or throw up obstacles.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:04 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
True, but I'm pretty sure the House GQP wackos can come up with some way to make DOJ's life harder or throw up obstacles.
Maybe. It seems that the GQP willingness to go to the mat for Dolt .45 is waning. I'm not sure what the hardcore Trumpettes can accomplish besides whining. Guess we'll see because I doubt there will be indictments in the next 2 weeks.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:58 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:04 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Maybe. It seems that the GQP willingness to go to the mat for Dolt .45 is waning. I'm not sure what the hardcore Trumpettes can accomplish besides whining. Guess we'll see because I doubt there will be indictments in the next 2 weeks.
It doesn't matter if they are trump supporters. trump is toast unless they run him for president and he wins. If so, the country is over. There will be no fixes.

This isn't about going to the mat for trump, it’s about going to the mat for the party. This will be a dem vs republican fight.

The House will be busy with all manner of investigations that will define Benghazi as a minor disagreement with a cakewalk investigation.

The dems will suffer, big time, for generations.

Best case for us would be trump making a 3rd party bid and splitting the repug vote.
The threat of him going 3rd party may be enough for them to give him the GQP nomination.

Get ready to watch every possible dem candidate slimed in investigations.

Oh, and by the way - fuck Joe Biden, there's nothing that could make me vote for that coward again. Lock him up is fine with me.

.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

O Really wrote:
You say arsenal,
they say Arsenal.
They call me Creamy Tawdry.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:26 am
It doesn't matter if they are trump supporters. trump is toast unless they run him for president and he wins. If so, the country is over. There will be no fixes.

This isn't about going to the mat for trump, it’s about going to the mat for the party. This will be a dem vs republican fight.

The House will be busy with all manner of investigations that will define Benghazi as a minor disagreement with a cakewalk investigation.

The dems will suffer, big time, for generations.

Best case for us would be trump making a 3rd party bid and splitting the repug vote.
The threat of him going 3rd party may be enough for them to give him the GQP nomination.

Get ready to watch every possible dem candidate slimed in investigations.

Oh, and by the way - fuck Joe Biden, there's nothing that could make me vote for that coward again. Lock him up is fine with me.
That's a very broad response encompassing several different topics that we would largely agree on. I was merely discussing the narrow question of the ability of Jack Smith to bring indictments despite the RepuQs barely gaining somewhat fractured control of the House, and that's why I mentioned Trumpettes since we are talking about indictments of TRE45QN. We'll see what Smith does with that ability.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

97-year-old former Nazi secretary sentenced for involvement in more than 10,000 murders

A 97-year-old former secretary at a Nazi concentration camp has been convicted for her role in the murder of 10,505 people during the Holocaust, in what could be the final trial of its kind.

Irmgard Furchner worked as a stenographer and typist at the Stutthof camp near Gdansk in Nazi-occupied Poland, from 1943 until the end of the Nazi regime in 1945.

She was sentenced Tuesday to a two-year suspended sentence, according to a spokesperson at the court in Itzehoe, northern Germany.

As Furchner was an adolescent at the time of the crimes, the 97-year-old’s trial took place before a juvenile court and her sentence will see her placed into juvenile probation, the court confirmed to CNN....
Juvenile probation officer's waiting room:

Q: What did you folks do?
Answers:
Shoplifting.
Tagging.
Slapping my teacher.
Genocide.

:o :D
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!