Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

... “How’re you doing? I’m here at Mar-a-Lago supporting Kari Lake,” says Barr, sounding a bit buzzed. "And it was a fantastic evening and our Trump is here, being the DJ, and I’ve just danced and everyone’s amazed."

Here comes the twist.

"So I’m just going to say to you, please drop out of college, because it’s going to ruin your liiiiiives,” Barr continued. “Do me a favor, drop out, they don’t teach you nothing good, uh, email me or Twitter me or whatever you call me, and I’ll help you with your life, but you gotta get out of college, because it isn’t nothing but a bunch of devil-worshipping, baby blood-drinking, Democrat donors.”

Watch here:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

17 Absolutely Wild Facts That Sound Far-Fetched, But Are Actually 100% True

Examples:
4."There were only 26 episodes of the original Scooby-Doo."

"Of all the things in this thread, this one got me. I suppose I haven't watched Scooby-Doo in over 30 years but it just seems like there would be hundreds of episodes. I feel like I was watching different episodes all the time as a kid."
9."We live closer in time to the Tyrannosaurus Rex than the Tyrannosaurus Rex lived to Stegosaurus."

"I’ve heard this one before, and it makes me sad because I always liked to imagine them as friends and stuff :( ."
13."There are 52! (52 factorial) ways to arrange the cards in a standard playing card deck."

"That is a bigger number than the amount of atoms in the entire Milky Way galaxy.

This means that every time any deck is shuffled randomly, it is most likely ending up in an order that has never occurred before since the invention of playing cards and never will again."
Which one blows you away?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:57 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:59 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:40 am
Ok, so I know some might bash me for this, but I find it weird that the "Miss Universe" contest now includes fat chicks "plus size" and re-manufactured transgender women as contestants.

Fine, so "beauty contests' are sexist, misogynist, exploitive demeaning relics of the past maybe, and they want to be "inclusive' whatever. So think up another competitive event. Scrap the bathing suit and catwalk, make them answer why so many people in the US can't read or whatever, but this is like letting sushi compete in a barbeque cook-off. Sushi is great, but it isn't barbeque. Not even if you pour barbeque sauce over it. Not even if you try to make it smoked.

https://www.boredpanda.com/miss-univers ... ositivity/
Technically, sushi does not have to be seafood and does not have to be raw. Hence:
Pulled Pork BBQ Sushi Rolls
Slapilicious BBQ Pulled Pork Sushi Roll
Bros Korean BBQ, Sushi & Shabu Shabu
BBQ Sushi Roll by Pit Buddies BBQ

Does this mean that you're okay with "plus size" and transgender beauty contests? It's just sushi :P
Ofer Pete's sake. How many times have I thought up some shit thinking it's ridiculous only to find that some fool's actually doing it? For the record, however, I never objected to transgender or ummm "curvy" beauty contests. I objected to including them in the "regular" pageants. And while they're at it, I guess they can let the creatively built rat rods in at the Concours d’Elegance. https://pebblebeachconcours.net/ Damn, I can't believe I checked to make sure they really didn't let them in.

Yep, fit right in there.

New pageant winner inclusivity to wreck O Really's day :P :

60 year-old breaks stereotypes as she is crowned Miss Universe Buenos Aires

Pssst, maybe skip sharing this tangent with Lady O. :o
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Hey, no problem from me. Did you see her? Definitely earned her spot.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 pm
Yeah, I added pics while you were posting. Are you saying that plus size and transgender contestants are okay if they're comely enough? :P

Different article, more info:

GoAlejandra MarisaGo
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:05 pm
O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 pm
Yeah, I added pics while you were posting. Are you saying that plus size and transgender contestants are okay if they're comely enough? :P

Ummm, no.

O Really
Admiral

Here's something nobody made up: the average down payment on a house in San Diego is currently $152,000! Geezer that I am, I remember when that would have bought you a very nice house in a good location.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:18 pm
Here's something nobody made up: the average down payment on a house in San Diego is currently $152,000! Geezer that I am, I remember when that would have bought you a very nice house in a good location.
Yikes.

32 Companies and Corporations Who Blew It, Plain and Simple

Examples:

:o

Tucker cost them more.

:wtf:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

These States Have the Lowest IQs

... South Carolina
South Carolina is the 39th most intelligent state in the US, with an average IQ score of 98.4.

People living here have an average SAT score of 1030 and a literacy score of 77.6%.
Whack9?
Georgia
People in Georgia don’t exactly have the lowest IQ, but they are pretty average compared to those living in other states.

The average IQ in Georgia is 98.1, which is slightly above average, as the average IQ across the whole of the US is 98.

Arkansas
Arkansas is ranked as the 42nd most intelligent US state, based on its IQ score.

The average IQ in Arkansas is 97.5, meaning that people in Arkansas have a lower-than-average IQ.

Texas ...

West Virginia ...

Nevada ...

Alabama
... Alabama’s IQ is low at 96.4, and the state also has a low well-being score of 76. Looks like they’ve got some work to do!

New Mexico
New Mexico has been ranked 46th overall for its low IQ scores.

People living in New Mexico have an average IQ score of 95.7. So, while it’s not the lowest, it certainly isn’t the highest.
Rare blue state.
California
This may surprise you, but people in California have one of the lowest IQs across the whole of the US.

The average IQ of people living in California is 95.5! What about Silicon Valley and all the start-up and tech nerds? Guess their intelligence isn’t enough to raise the average IQ score of a Californian.
Another blue state. The O Reallys are sharp fish in a dull pond :think:
Louisiana ...

Mississippi
One of the lowest IQs in the US is Mississippi, with an average IQ score of 94.2.

But despite having one of the lowest IQs, it is ranked fifth for SAT scores at an average of 1226. We’re not sure how that happened either, but at least we’re leaving you on a high note!
Average IQ Statistics, Factors, and Implications
The average IQ in the United States is 98, with Massachusetts having the highest average IQ by state at 104.3.

7 Montana 103.4 :thumbup:
12 New Jersey 102.8 Whack9 downgraded
17 Washington 101.9
29 North Carolina 100.2 Meh :problem:
31 Illinois 99.9
32 Maryland 99.7 :yawn:
38 Florida 98.4 Worse than WV, tied with SC
41 Tennessee 97.7 neoplacebo?
47 Hawaii 95.6 Another blue state :thumbdown:
Countries with Highest IQ
#1: Japan

Countries with Lowest IQ
Worst: Guatemala
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

That's a fun list. I've seen several similar articles, but can't find any of them that says how they measured the IQ score. One list included the SAT scores, but assuming they're basing it on averages of people taking the Stanford-Binet test, I can see why California scores lowly. The test has been criticized for being affected by education (in older kids), cultural and economic differences, and language. California, like some of the other low states, has a high population of (for example) agricultural workers who live in generational poverty, uneducated, culturally restricted and language limitations - all the things that can help a person score lower. The Stanford-Binet has a version for kids as young as 2, which one might think would be unaffected by environmental issues, but they aren't. Imagine the effect on test performance just being basically ignored for the first two years of your life would have.

Problem is, though, that the lower the IQ gets, the more likely we are to get more Trumps.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 9:12 pm
That's a fun list. I've seen several similar articles, but can't find any of them that says how they measured the IQ score. One list included the SAT scores, but assuming they're basing it on averages of people taking the Stanford-Binet test, I can see why California scores lowly. The test has been criticized for being affected by education (in older kids), cultural and economic differences, and language. California, like some of the other low states, has a high population of (for example) agricultural workers who live in generational poverty, uneducated, culturally restricted and language limitations - all the things that can help a person score lower. The Stanford-Binet has a version for kids as young as 2, which one might think would be unaffected by environmental issues, but they aren't. Imagine the effect on test performance just being basically ignored for the first two years of your life would have.

Problem is, though, that the lower the IQ gets, the more likely we are to get more Trumps.
From my 2nd link, addressing some of the issues you cite:
Top 10 Average IQ Statistics

... The United States has an average IQ of 98, according to the latest data from 2022.
Males in the U.S. have a slightly higher average IQ than females, with males averaging 99 and females averaging 97.
The average IQ for Caucasians in the U.S. is 100, while the average IQ for African Americans is 85.
The average IQ for Hispanics in the U.S. is 89.
The average IQ for those with a graduate degree is 125, while the average IQ for those with a high school diploma or less is 95.
The average IQ for those who identify as liberal is 106, while the average IQ for those who identify as conservative is 94.
The average IQ for those who identify as atheist is 103, while the average IQ for those who identify as Christian is 99....
Linked from that article is:
What’s the average IQ in the U.S.?

According to 2019’s The Intelligence of the Nations report, the average IQ in the United States is 97.43.

This number was calculated using multiple versions of IQ tests as well as detailed sample data regarding socioeconomic and environmental factors.

Updated state IQ rankings were published in 2022.

These were derived from National Assessment of Educational Progress (NEAP) reading and math scores, calculated along with literary and numeracy scores from the Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC).
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah that's the thing about criticism of the test - all those factors do affect test performance, and unfortunately do seem to affect functional intelligence no matter how measured.