The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:42 am
Shit, if they want to get serious about it and really make a statement of faith, I recommend that baptisms be performed in a vessel containing water and several water moccasins. That way nobody would be able to question any of it. The baptism will either take or it won't. Hell, if they want to confront sin, what better way than to do it using snakes, a longstanding biblical symbol of it.
I am shocked. Shocked, I say.

You didn't provide for any stomping.

Are you back-sliding?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Pretty much everybody knows stomping in water is counterproductive. Successful stomps must be on dry land when it's not raining.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:12 pm
Pretty much everybody knows stomping in water is counterproductive. Successful stomps must be on dry land when it's not raining.
Well, not being a congenital stomper, I yield to your expertise in crushing innocent animals.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Robert Jeffress (whiny little midget religious huckster and trumpette) runs his ads here. In his latest one, he asserts "god has a purpose for your life" and causes "all good things to make you like Christ." I said "I know." And it's for that very purpose, as well as all the imminent good things heading my way, that I've embraced stomping. Don't you know the bible is slam full of god "smiting" this or that or the other thing? I know that stomping is the modern day equivalent of smiting, or being smote. It's why I embrace it and I've become adept in discerning who or what is in need of being stomped.
Robert's tv show is "Pathway to Victory" and I try to catch it every Sunday morning at 730. It's best to watch it with a moderate hangover. But never mind that; I've developed my own Pathway to Stomping in which I pay attention to clues or blatant acts that merit being stomped and I act with swift and sure action when it's needed.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

OTOH...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:35 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:28 am
... It wasn't the kid's error, nor the parents' error. It wasn't a material error at all. Yet off the kid goes to Hell no matter what else he has done in his life? Yeppers, sounds pretty Christian to me
Fundamentalist my way or the highway religion has always amused me.
TV news: This may affect confirmations and weddings many years after the non-baptisms happened.

What an unnecessary mess the church hierarchy has created!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Seems the baptism issue is something the Pope could fix with one de-oppsing proclamation and a wave of the Papal ring.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:08 pm
Speaking of religious nutjobs.

He's having a nutty.

Tennessee pastor threatens to expose ‘six witches’ he claims have infiltrated his church
I've mentioned this before, but I'm almost positive that my cousin is in that church. He was studying to be a minister the last I heard.
I don't communicate with them anymore, because I couldn't communicate with them when I was around them.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:09 pm
Seems the baptism issue is something the Pope could fix with one de-oppsing proclamation and a wave of the Papal ring.
Yeah, the whole episode does not reflect well on the church hierarchy's interpretation of the message of Jesus.

I'm told I was baptised. I have no memory of it.

PTL.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:03 pm
O Really wrote:
Yeah, the whole episode does not reflect well on the church hierarchy's interpretation of the message of Jesus.

PTL.
I was there. The priest read the menu from the Italian place next door and held you under water the entire time. Legend is that the only word he uttered was Chianti. Donald Trump, five years old at the time, was getting his ass kicked just outside the church at the same time. The whole goddamn day was a waste of capiche.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:56 pm
Ulysses wrote:
O Really wrote:

PTL.
I was there. The priest read the menu from the Italian place next door and held you under water the entire time. Legend is that the only word he uttered was Chianti. Donald Trump, five years old at the time, was getting his ass kicked just outside the church at the same time. The whole goddamn day was a waste of capiche.
Exactly the account I would expect from a moron.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:58 pm
(moronic :crybaby: )
:violin:
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Looks like Greedy been busy harping on this or that. Four more posts to ignore.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I win again.
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:57 pm
( :crybaby: )
O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:31 pm
... (Ulysses) has no clue whatsoever on the definition of "ignore" in any context.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

The water in the Baptismal Font should be dyed red. If the priest had done that it would have more than made up for one wrong word. Stupid.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:56 pm
Ulysses wrote:
... I'm told I was baptised. I have no memory of it.

PTL.
:lol:
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:58 pm
( :crybaby: )
:violin:

Five Christian School Officials Hid Horrific Locker Room Sex Assault, Police Say

Midland County Sheriff’s Office

Five officials at a private Christian academy in Texas are facing felony charges over accusations they failed to notify authorities after a ninth-grader reported being sexually assaulted by an older student during a hazing incident on “freshman initiation day.”

The three administrators and two athletic coaches at Midland Christian School are identified in an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by The Daily Beast as Superintendent Jared Owen Lee, secondary school Principal Dana Elizabeth Ellis, athletic director Gregory Neal McClendon, assistant secondary school principal Matthew David Counts, and baseball coach Barry Lee Russell.
:shock: Not low level employees.
“We are motivated in all facets by our faith in Jesus Christ, attempting to serve as a reflection of God’s unconditional love for all people,” Midland Christian’s website proclaims. “We seek to honor the Lord in all that we do by operating Midland Christian School in a manner consistent with Biblical principles. It is important to us that every word and deed engaged in by Midland Christian School, its employees, representatives, volunteers, and students be consistent with and in furtherance of Midland Christian School’s religious purposes: both publicly and privately.”

But the five school officials apparently did not live up to those tenets following the alleged January attack, which was first exposed by the Midland Reporter-Telegram.
:bs: It's very consistent with the Bible and Xtianity.
... The ninth-grader’s hands were pinned down, and he was flipped over onto his back, the affidavit states. He was then sexually assaulted with a baseball bat as other students looked on and cheered, it says.

The next day, the freshman student told school officials what had happened. And then, nothing....

When Ellis told Lee about the horrific incident, Lee ordered McClendon and Counts to “conduct an ‘investigation’ into the incident instead of notifying law enforcement or another state agency,” the affidavit explains....

In emails between all five that were reviewed by police, “it was made very clear that a sexual assault had occurred, and the school had a duty to report,” the affidavit continues, noting that “there were multiple emails exchanged,” and that “several of the administrators refused to report the incident.”

The five were arrested Wednesday and released on $5,000 bond....
PTL.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:19 pm
The water in the Baptismal Font should be dyed red. If the priest had done that it would have more than made up for one wrong word. Stupid.
Really? I've not seen that many baptisms, but I've never seen one with water dyed red.

Is that the habit in your denomination?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:58 pm
(signature: obsessed :crybaby: )
Vrede means "Peace" in Dutch, whiny moron.
1312. ETTD.