The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Commander

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by Whack9 »

Tennessee just passed a law banning public drag events.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/02/11607845 ... care-youth

Let's suppose a dude likes to wear (non revealing) female attire and do his makeup in a flamboyant fashion.

Would they now run afoul of the law? Surely it's a violation of ones rights to have the government dictate what one allowed to wear?
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:19 pm

Let's suppose a dude likes to wear (non revealing) female attire and do his makeup in a flamboyant fashion.

Would they now run afoul of the law? Surely it's a violation of ones rights to have the government dictate what one allowed to wear?
-0-? Let's suppose the Tennessee governor who just signed the drag ban likes to wear female attire and a wig, and do his makeup in a flamboyant fashion:
viewtopic.php?p=181320#p181320
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:30 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:19 pm

-0-? Let's suppose the Tennessee governor who just signed the drag ban likes to wear female attire and a wig, and do his makeup in a flamboyant fashion:
viewtopic.php?p=181320#p181320
GOP: No drag shows, we need to protect children.

School shooter: bursts into a school murdering a dozen kids.

GOP: ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

https://www.salon.com/2023/03/03/jon-st ... ren-dying/

“You don’t give a flying f**k” about children dying

> "Because that's not what I'm doing," Dahm responded. "I'm defending the individual's right to keep and bear arms."
>
> Stewart countered by noting that Americans have to register in order to have voting rights.
>
> "So you have to register for a right. Is that an infringement?" Stewart asked the lawmaker.
>
> "Does the right to vote say 'shall not be infringed?'" Dahm responded.
>
> "Oh, so this is just a semantic argument?" Stewart retorted, to which Dahm quickly said "no, it's not."
>
> Stewart then accused Dahm of being a hypocrite, since he and many other Republicans want to stop children from seeing drag performances.
>
> "Are you infringing on that performer's free speech?" Stewart asked.
>
> "They can continue to exercise their free speech, just not in front of a child," Dahm argued.

> "Why?" Stewart pressed.
>
> "Because the government does have a responsibility to protect —" Dahm said before being cut off by Stewart.
>
> "I'm sorry?" Stewart interjected, pushing his ear forward as he waited to hear the word "children."
>
> "What is the leading cause of death among children in this country?" Stewart asked Dahm during the discussion.
>
> "And I'm going to give you a hint," he said, "it's not drag show readings to children."
>
> "Correct, yes," Dahm responded.
>
> "So what is it?" Stewart asked again.
>
> "I'm presuming you're going to say it's firearms," Dahm said.
>
> "No, I'm not going to say it like it's an opinion," Stewart said with indignation. "That's what it is. It's firearms. More than cancer, more than car accidents, and what you're telling me is you don't mind infringing free speech to protect children from this amorphous thing that you think of, but when it comes to children that have died, you don't give a flying fuck to stop that because that shall not be infringed."
>
> "That is hypocrisy at its highest order," Stewart concluded.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

My state continues to embarrass me. Marsha Blackburn was bad enough. Now this.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:09 am
Let me know when the drag protest is. I'll buy a thrift store wig and frock.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:34 am
neoplacebo wrote:
I've not heard of it yet. And I don't have a thing to wear. Plus need to get my hair done.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
I've not heard of it yet. And I don't have a thing to wear. Plus need to get my hair done.
Sigh, drag protest season always requires a new wardrobe.

Not to be outgayed (nttawwt) by drag queen (nttawwt) TN Gov Bill Lee, along comes gay-thirsty (nttawwt) TN Lt Gov Randy McNally:

Anti-LGBTQ Tennessee Lt. Gov. McNally Comments On Racy Instagram Pics of Young Gay Male

Named 'Randy McNally' - Seriously?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
It gets better.

Weekend Update: Tennessee Lt. Gov. Randy McNally on Gay Instagram Thirst Traps - SNL

Congrats, Tennessee, you hit the big time.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:41 am
neoplacebo wrote:
It gets better.

Hell, I can only say in defense that at least we have the Liberal Redneck Trae Crowder....he's from Chattanooga, worked at Oak Ridge National Laboratory after college, and now has a site where he mocks crazy Republican stuff. You should check him out if you've never seen him.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:14 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
It gets better.

Hell, I can only say in defense that at least we have the Liberal Redneck Trae Crowder....he's from Chattanooga, worked at Oak Ridge National Laboratory after college, and now has a site where he mocks crazy Republican stuff. You should check him out if you've never seen him.
Trae is Tennessee's shining star. I listen all the time.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wiki: Trae Crowder

Website
YT channel

On point:

Liberal Redneck - Tennessee Drag Ban

O Really missed out:

SOLD-OUT
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

O Really isn't going to pay money to see anybody who bills himself as a redneck, liberal or no.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:07 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
It gets better.

Trae is Tennessee's shining star. I listen all the time.
:thumbup: Yeah, he's funny and I hear people around here that talk exactly like him. I'm pretty sure his accent is affected, but he sure has it down.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
It gets better.

Weekend Update: Tennessee Lt. Gov. Randy McNally on Gay Instagram Thirst Traps - SNL

neoplacebo wrote:
Meanwhile, the christofascists are at it again:

In Franklin, Tennessee, an LGBTQ pride festival meets fierce resistance

:roll: Decades of regression. Too much hateful stupidity to excerpt.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Speaking of not having a thing to wear . . .

Spoiler:
mostly lesbian trans woman Hunter Schafer :shock: :shock: :shock:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Shit, I hope no TN state legislators see this. It'll either be like outrage dynamite or a couple of scandalous sex stories with multiple people being paid off and nobody knowing anything about any of it. That's how shit works here in the south. There's a paleolithic guy on LNF that knows all about this sort of thing..

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:03 pm
Shit, I hope no TN state legislators see this. It'll either be like outrage dynamite or a couple of scandalous sex stories with multiple people being paid off and nobody knowing anything about any of it. That's how shit works here in the south. There's a paleolithic guy on LNF that knows all about this sort of thing..
At least TN hasn't blocked your ability to view it online "to protect the children" . . . yet.

She was born in New Jersey and went to high school in Raleigh :clap: . She probably lives in SoCal at least part time, completing a BRD triad.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:49 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:03 pm
At least TN hasn't blocked your ability to view it online "to protect the children" . . . yet.

She was born in New Jersey and went to high school in Raleigh :clap: . She probably lives in SoCal at least part time, completing a BRD triad.
Small world...I also was born in NJ. At the army hospital at Ft Monmouth. I even have the bill for my hospital stay (mom saved it) and it was something like eight dollars and change, a real bargain for a fucker like me. But about six months later I was passively taken back to where my parents lived before I got on the scene. But never mind that.....just to show anybody who cares, TN isn't all a bunch of lunatic dipshits, racist fools, and stupid old white guys trying to not be, here's some exculpatory evidence. The Tennessee Holler. Sounds like something I'd recommend, eh?

https://tnholler.com/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:28 pm
Small world...I also was born in NJ. At the army hospital at Ft Monmouth. I even have the bill for my hospital stay (mom saved it) and it was something like eight dollars and change, a real bargain for a fucker like me. But about six months later I was passively taken back to where my parents lived before I got on the scene. But never mind that.....just to show anybody who cares, TN isn't all a bunch of lunatic dipshits, racist fools, and stupid old white guys trying to not be, here's some exculpatory evidence. The Tennessee Holler. Sounds like something I'd recommend, eh?

If they'd known what a wingnut fish slapping and stomping prize they had :-|| , they would have charged more.

College Grove, Tennessee, not far from billy.pilgrim's family's Middle Tennessee State University. Some of the best progressives can often be found where repression is the worst . . . unless they've been jailed, deported or killed. :(
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:54 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:28 pm

If they'd known what a wingnut fish slapping and stomping prize they had :-|| , they would have charged more.

College Grove, Tennessee, not far from billy.pilgrim's family's Middle Tennessee State University. Some of the best progressives can often be found where repression is the worst . . . unless they've been jailed, deported or killed. :(
Whew! The entire way from NJ to TN I was worried my mom would just toss me out the window, not wanting to have to deal with the menace she knew I was destined to be. It was a hellish nine hour trip on a bus with bad tires, a lecherous driver, and several shady passengers. I was worried the whole time but remained silent. Shit myself probably five times just to make sure they all knew I was an infant and abortion survivor. It was touch and go pretty much all the way.

But, yeah, you're right. Not everybody around here is nutso facto. Just look at me.