The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:57 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:21 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:27 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:25 pm
This isn't homophobic but I read a story earlier today that says Ron Johnson voted against the bill to spur the making of chips in the US. The dumbass probably thought it was about potato chips. But a good example of how they vote against things that are for the general good. They're sick.
What bill is that? The Respect for Marriage Act has not reached the Senate yet and Johnson the johnson (usually) has said that he will not oppose it.
I don't know the name of it. But it's a bill that was introduced that provides initial funding for the creation of a US factory to make computer chips, which apparently are only made in China and other countries. I think the impetus for it was the chip shortage a year or so ago that forced the shutdown of some US auto plants. Here's a story about it.

https://news.yahoo.com/ron-johnson-vote ... 20808.html
It's on Joe's desk now.
https://news.yahoo.com/congress-passes- ... 16673.html
Johnson the johnson is a loser, again.
When I think about it, Johnson kind of looks like Max Headroom.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:04 pm
:D

https://tennesseestar.com/2022/05/18/se ... ime-spike/

FYI: The Tennessee Star
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:58 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:04 pm

https://tennesseestar.com/2022/05/18/se ... ime-spike/

FYI: The Tennessee Star
Luckily, I've so far never been exposed to The Tennessee Star. I find it cute that the leader of the thing (likely one of those self righteous religious nuts and anti abortion cheerleader) is one of those who only support kids before they're born.....he's accused of failing to pay child support. Hilarious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:10 am
Vrede too wrote:
... FYI: The Tennessee Star
Luckily, I've so far never been exposed to The Tennessee Star. I find it cute that the leader of the thing (likely one of those self righteous religious nuts and anti abortion cheerleader) is one of those who only support kids before they're born.....he's accused of failing to pay child support. Hilarious.
Hah! Deadbeat con.

Tennessee leads the way, again. :roll:

Federal judge blocks Education Department’s Title IX guidance that protects transgender students
The preliminary injunction essentially ties the department’s hands when it comes to protecting transgender students from discrimination in 20 states.
Dolt .45 appointee, of course. He's one of 5 judges in the Eastern District. Probably best if you avoid getting busted for federal crimes.

This July ruling has already resulted in:
GOP official tells Tennessee colleges to say Title IX doesn’t protect LGBTQ+ people

Universities in Tennessee are under pressure from a Republican state lawmaker who wants them to take down materials describing LGBTQ+ people as a protected group under federal law.

In August, representative John Ragan, chair of the state’s Government Operations Committee, sent letters to Tennessee schools including the University of Tennessee and East Tennessee State University, demanding they “immediately” the LGTBQ-inclusive language to comply with state law....
:obscene-birdiered:
John Ragan, seen here surfing pics of naked boys on the dark web, is from Anderson County, under 2 hours from neoplacebo, under 1 hour if neoplacebo is driving.

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ragan is a family name in my Mom's family.
This guy is from NC.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:00 am
Ragan is a family name in my Mom's family.
This guy is from NC.
John D. Ragan Jr. was born on December 16, 1948 in Morganton, North Carolina.[1]

Ragan attended the University of North Carolina, the University of Oklahoma, University of Southern California, and the University of Tennessee.[
-0-?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:26 am
John D. Ragan Jr. was born on December 16, 1948 in Morganton, North Carolina.[1]

Ragan attended the University of North Carolina, the University of Oklahoma, University of Southern California, and the University of Tennessee.
-0-?
Saw that. I was going to make a quip about how many schools he got kicked out of, but the next paragraph cleans up the sloppiness of that sentence, then adds it's own flub:
Ragan graduated with the United States Air Force Academy Class of 1971 earning a 2.8 GPA toward his completion of a baccalaureate degree in Engineering Science. Ragan later earned a master's degree in Aeronautical Sciences from Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University. He also attended the University of Tennessee as a post-graduate student and the University of Oklahoma, the University of Southern California, and the University of North Carolina in professional capacities.
Idk why he hasn't fixed the contradiction. "attended ... in professional capacities" -0-?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:17 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:10 am
Vrede too wrote:
... FYI: The Tennessee Star
Hah! Deadbeat con.

Tennessee leads the way, again. :roll:

Federal judge blocks Education Department’s Title IX guidance that protects transgender students
The preliminary injunction essentially ties the department’s hands when it comes to protecting transgender students from discrimination in 20 states.
Dolt .45 appointee, of course. He's one of 5 judges in the Eastern District. Probably best if you avoid getting busted for federal crimes.

This July ruling has already resulted in:
GOP official tells Tennessee colleges to say Title IX doesn’t protect LGBTQ+ people

Universities in Tennessee are under pressure from a Republican state lawmaker who wants them to take down materials describing LGBTQ+ people as a protected group under federal law.

In August, representative John Ragan, chair of the state’s Government Operations Committee, sent letters to Tennessee schools including the University of Tennessee and East Tennessee State University, demanding they “immediately” the LGTBQ-inclusive language to comply with state law....
:obscene-birdiered:
John Ragan, seen here surfing pics of naked boys on the dark web, is from Anderson County, under 2 hours from neoplacebo, under 1 hour if neoplacebo is driving.

:roll: It probably won't be long before the idiotic Marsha Blackburn praises this in a way that makes normal people want to throw up. And as for my own risk of legal jeopardy, I've not been involved with the authorities since 09 and that was with a dipshit Buncombe County deputy on I-26. That asshole is probably dead by now; I'd been doing voodoo and stomping rituals on him for years. When TN does anything that makes sense, I'll make a post on here about it. If I'm still alive at that point.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:56 am
:roll: It probably won't be long before the idiotic Marsha Blackburn praises this in a way that makes normal people want to throw up. And as for my own risk of legal jeopardy, I've not been involved with the authorities since 09 and that was with a dipshit Buncombe County deputy on I-26. That asshole is probably dead by now; I'd been doing voodoo and stomping rituals on him for years. When TN does anything that makes sense, I'll make a post on here about it. If I'm still alive at that point.
3 months and still waiting. ;)

The tears of a christobigot are delicious:

Article
Awww, this poor snowflake had her fee-fees hurt and needs a safe space! Thoughts and prayers, Hartzler.
sex makes her cry?
MadCaw actually showed up, surprising me a little, to vote NAY of course. :roll:
Kinzinger (R-IL) did not vote. -0-?
https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2022513
Your R Reps? All Dems voted YEA.

The Senate vote was 61-36 with 60 needed. Phew.
Both NC Rs voted YEA, joining Alaska as being the only states where two Rs did so. :clap: :clap: We put it over the top!
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ ... .htm#state
Your R Sens? All Dems voted YEA except for Warnock (GA) who was probably campaigning rather than averse.

I haven't posted about this bill before because IMO it contains too many concessions to the christobigots, but it's still a great thing. Let's hope that it's a slippery slope leading to a nationwide mandate to allow SSM, not just recognize it from other states, and to remove the tolerance of some bigotry contained in the now current law.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Going to another state to get married has always been a choice for some, due to things like age limits, waiting period, etc., as did people use to go to Nevada for divorces not as easily available in their own state. But in all those cases, when they returned to Pennsylvania or Kansas or wherever, they were still considered legally married (or divorced). I think the same sex issue is the first time states tried to get by with not recognizing a valid marriage from another state.

I didn't spend any of the time I have left in my life listening to Hartzler whine, but what about the bill did she find "misguided and dangerous"?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:53 pm
Going to another state to get married has always been a choice for some, due to things like age limits, waiting period, etc., as did people use to go to Nevada for divorces not as easily available in their own state. But in all those cases, when they returned to Pennsylvania or Kansas or wherever, they were still considered legally married (or divorced). I think the same sex issue is the first time states tried to get by with not recognizing a valid marriage from another state.
I think interracial marriages before it. We'll see, since 2015 every state has had to allow SSM. If the asshole SCOTUS cons overturn Obergefell v. Hodges how many states will revert to their bans given the border crossing option and the 70% of Americans that now support SSM?
O Really wrote:
I didn't spend any of the time I have left in my life listening to Hartzler whine, but what about the bill did she find "misguided and dangerous"?
Mash-up from different articles:
Hartzler spent the first two minutes of her speech bashing the bill, claiming its "only purpose is to hand the federal government a legal bludgeoning tool to drive people of faith out of the public square and silence anyone who dissents."

Rep. Vicky Hartzler, R-Mo., choked up as she begged colleagues to vote against the bill, which she said undermines “natural marriage” between a man and a woman.

“I’ll tell you my priorities,” Hartzler said. “Protect religious liberty, protect people of faith and protect Americans who believe in the true meaning of marriage.”

“This is yet another step toward the Democrats’ goal of dismantling the traditional family, silencing voices of faith and permanently undoing our country’s God-woven foundation. I hope and pray that my colleagues will find the courage to join me in opposing this misguided and dangerous bill,” Hartzler said in a speech on the House floor, appearing to break into tears.
:violin: Cool! What's the next step?
Hartzler, who's been in Congress since 2011, will not be returning in 2023 after losing her campaign for an open Senate seat.
:clap: God's will.
... “God’s perfect design is indeed marriage between one man and one woman for life,” said Rep. Bob Good, R-Va, before the vote. “And it doesn’t matter what you think or what I think, that’s what the Bible says.” ...
:lol: America 1, Bible 0
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:50 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:26 am

Ragan attended the University of North Carolina, the University of Oklahoma, University of Southern California, and the University of Tennessee.
-0-?
Saw that. I was going to make a quip about how many schools he got kicked out of, but the next paragraph cleans up the sloppiness of that sentence, then adds it's own flub:
Ragan graduated with the United States Air Force Academy Class of 1971 earning a 2.8 GPA toward his completion of a baccalaureate degree in Engineering Science. Ragan later earned a master's degree in Aeronautical Sciences from Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University. He also attended the University of Tennessee as a post-graduate student and the University of Oklahoma, the University of Southern California, and the University of North Carolina in professional capacities.
Idk why he hasn't fixed the contradiction. "attended ... in professional capacities" -0-?
My employer contracted with UF to teach a remote graduate class to the teachers in my county. After the first semester they wanted us to come to Gainesville, so the county worked a deal with USF. At both universities we had to qualify for grad school same as any other. So I guess I attended in a professional capacities, as the school paid and I attended for the raise I would get.

The 2.8 could have been huge, if they like many others though the 70s used a 3 point scale.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:39 am
My employer contracted with UF to teach a remote graduate class to the teachers in my county. After the first semester they wanted us to come to Gainesville, so the county worked a deal with USF. At both universities we had to qualify for grad school same as any other. So I guess I attended in a professional capacities, as the school paid and I attended for the raise I would get.

The 2.8 could have been huge, if they like many others though the 70s used a 3 point scale.
Ah, thanks. TN state Rep John Ragan is still an asshole bigot, but they may not have a professional class for that.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
... I didn't spend any of the time I have left in my life listening to Hartzler whine, but what about the bill did she find "misguided and dangerous"?
The Gay Nephew Of The Lawmaker Who Cried While Voting Against Marriage Equality Has A Message For Her
Missouri Republican Rep. Vicky Hartzler went viral for her teary (and unsuccessful) plea to stop the Respect for Marriage Act. Her gay nephew wants a word.

Imagine not wanting gay people to get married so bad you bust out crying lmfao
... Across the country in Tulsa, Oklahoma, 23-year-old Andrew Hartzler’s Instagram started lighting up as friends and followers began tagging him in clips of the footage. Why? Andrew is gay and Rep. Hartzler is his aunt....

“I do feel compelled to speak out when I see this just to counter these messages,” he said. “I don't want my last name to be associated with hate. I want it to be associated with love.”

In a TikTok he posted on Friday, which has since been viewed more than 200,000 times, Andrew told his aunt that religious institutions aren’t being persecuted, highlighting how Christian schools receive federal funding despite discriminating against LGBTQ students.

https://www.tiktok.com/@andrewhartzler/ ... 3812564266

Andrew is part of a federal class action lawsuit in which plaintiffs are suing the Department of Education to stop religious schools from receiving taxpayer dollars if they discriminate against LGBTQ students. Under current law, such schools receive religious exemptions from complying with Title IX anti-discrimination laws.

He began attending Oral Roberts University, a Christian college, in 2017 due to pressure from his father, who had sent him two years earlier to a summer camp that practiced conversion therapy. Like other religious universities, Oral Roberts has an honor code that prohibits “homosexual activity.”

In his junior year, Andrew got into trouble for having his boyfriend in his dorm and was forced to attend “accountability meetings” with school officials. But he managed to evade the proceedings and ultimately graduate when the school stopped in-person classes in 2020 due to the pandemic. Still, the experience left him depressed and with thoughts of suicide.

“I felt embarrassed and ashamed for being punished for my sexuality,” Andrew wrote in a court declaration. “I am thankful to be a survivor of Oral Roberts University’s discrimination and harassment on the basis of my sexual orientation.”

... Andrew said his aunt recently invited him to spend Thanksgiving at her home, but he opted not to go because he didn’t feel he’d be accepted there. He said he hopes his words here and in his TikTok make his aunt reckon with the impact of her rhetoric.

“I really wish that she would see how harmful her words are and that she wouldn't use her political power to continue instilling religious exemptions into civil rights laws and allowing schools to actively discriminate against LGBTQ people,” he said. “I think that she's trying to play the victim when really she's the perpetrator of a lot of harm being done, and I feel like she needs to take responsibility.”

Andrew said he feels his aunt misunderstands the respect and appreciation LGBTQ people have for marriage. He pointed to the words of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, who, in his majority opinion legalizing marriage equality, wrote, “It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves.”

When he first read that passage in 2015, Andrew said the words moved him to tears.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol:

Lavern Spicer was the 2020 GQP nominee for Florida's 24th congressional district.
Democrat Frederica Wilson (incumbent) beat her 76-20.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida%2 ... trict#2020

Lavern Spicer lost the 2022 GQP primary 64.5-35.5.
Why did she run again?
The GQP nominee, Jesus Navarro, lost the general 72-28.
bout 10% of FL24 favored Spicer in 2022.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Unit ... istrict_24

Florida's 24th congressional district is N Miami and burbs.

Discussion
Jesus had a Honda but he didn't talk about it.

"I do not speak of my own accord." - Jesus
If it had been a Tesla we never would have heard the end of it.
Modern translation: "S'up?" (With slight chin lift)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Marjorie Taylor Greene held an anti-trans rally at the Capitol & almost no one came

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) held an anti-trans rally at the Capitol this week. A whopping 12 or so people attended and no major media outlets covered it.

The rally was a veritable who’s who of contemporary transphobic trolls, including members of the book-banning “parents’ rights” group Moms for Liberty; members of the anti-LGBTQ conservative think tank Heritage Foundation; de-transitioned young adult right-wing media darling Chloe Cole; J.K. Rowling fanboy Chris Elston; conspiracy theorist James Lindsay; sexually harassing “comedian” Alex Stein; and of course, Greene herself.
I knew that Heritage is uber-con. I did not know that they're bigots. Maybe I haven't been paying attention.
... Greene brought the transphobic sign that she hangs in front of her congressional office which says, “There are two genders: male and female. ‘Trust the science.’” In reality, biology has proven the existence of numerous animals that can change gender and that gender and sex are both more complicated than binaries.

The protestors spent their time taking pictures of each other and then re-tweeting one another’s posts about the protest.

In a tweet tagging many of the protestors, the Heritage Foundation wrote that the demonstrators were “calling out policies that push for minors to have access to puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and sex-reassignment surgeries.”
:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:
This is a lie, of course. No policies are “pushing” minors to undergo gender-affirming treatment, and surgeries aren’t conducted on minors either. The policies the protestors oppose include acknowledging the existence of LGBTQ+ people in schools and ensuring that trans youth have access to life-saving care as well as an equal education.

Right-wing transphobes imagine that LGBTQ+ people and allies, drag queens, and medical professionals all use “gender ideology” to “indoctrinate” and “groom” impressionable young kids into states of “gender confusion” and “rapid onset gender dysphoria” in order to “mutilate” their bodies in profitable surgeries.

However, every major medical and psychological association recognizes that trans youth self-identify consistently, insistently, and persistently from young ages. They also have deemed access to gender-affirming care as necessary for ensuring the emotional and physical well-being of trans youth.

The rhetoric used by these protestors has helped encourage others to issue death threats against gender-affirming medical professionals and educators alike.
Never a good drive-by around when we need one.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Dayum.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
... When TN does anything that makes sense, I'll make a post on here about it. If I'm still alive at that point.
Sill waiting. ;)

Canada. I strive to be open-minded and tolerant, but this tale is just weird:

Teacher placed on leave after parents criticise size-Z prosthetic breasts
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:09 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
... When TN does anything that makes sense, I'll make a post on here about it. If I'm still alive at that point.
Sill waiting. ;)

Canada. I strive to be open-minded and tolerant, but this tale is just weird:

Teacher placed on leave after parents criticise size-Z prosthetic breasts
Ok, and I've still got my eye out for anything happening here that makes sense. Meanwhile, I'll relate something that doesn't make sense. My driver license expired in December (I knew it expired on my birthday but thought the license expired this December, not the one just passed). One day last month I went down to buy beer and you have to show id here to buy beer even if it's obvious that you're over 21. Well, apparently, my expired driver license is no longer good to prove how old I am. And there's only one place in Sullivan County to get a driver license. I've not gone there as yet. But I have been going over to VA (about a mile further than I'd go in TN to get beer) because over there nobody asks you for an id to buy beer. Anyway, since TN has declared that I've stopped aging, I feel obligated (as well as grateful) for this newly acquired status and I now plan to live for as long as I'm having a good time. Thanks, TN.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

So you still haven't found anything that makes sense, eh?