Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:04 pm
Plugs, or play dough

https://www.walmart.com/browse/sports-o ... 52_5432753

Doh. :oops:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:13 pm
Or line a nose warmer with some n-95 material.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/244689870/ ... aunt-marty
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Redfield voices alarm over influence of Trump's new coronavirus task force adviser

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has grown increasingly concerned that President Donald Trump, pushed by a new member of his coronavirus task force, is sharing incorrect information about the pandemic with the public.

Dr. Robert Redfield, who leads the CDC, suggested in a conversation with a colleague Friday that Dr. Scott Atlas is arming Trump with misleading data about a range of issues, including questioning the efficacy of masks, whether young people are susceptible to the virus and the potential benefits of herd immunity.

"Everything he says is false," Redfield said during a phone call made in public on a commercial airline and overheard by NBC News.

Redfield acknowledged after the flight from Atlanta to Washington that he was speaking about Atlas, a neuroradiologist with no background in infectious diseases or public health. Atlas was brought on to the White House task force in August....
:---P Opps.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Hope Hicks has Covid

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

She was on AF1 with Cheetohead for the debate and Minnesota yesterday for the rally.

Opps.

Twitter do your thang.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Hope Hicks has Covid

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:39 pm
She was on AF1 with Cheetohead for the debate and Minnesota yesterday for the rally.

Opps....
What a difference 3 days makes.

Whoa.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Dr. Fauci contradicts Trump's false claim that COVID-19 is as deadly as flu

... People infected with COVID-19 do display "flu-like" symptoms, Fauci said Tuesday in an interview with NBC News' Kate Snow. But the damage the coronavirus can do "is very much different from influenza."

"You don't get a pandemic that kills a million people and it isn't even over yet within influenza," said Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "So it is not correct to say it's the same as flu. It has some overlapping symptomatology early on. But flu doesn't do the things to you that COVID-19 can." ...
Learned on TV news: COVID-19 has already killed more Americans than the flu did in the last 5 years combined.

This is tragically true.

Flu:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... and_deaths
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/pr ... imates.htm

COVID-19: 216,576
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

White House Blocked CDC From Requiring Masks on Public Transportation

Every item like this makes me want to cry and rage.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:26 am
White House Blocked CDC From Requiring Masks on Public Transportation
Every item like this makes me want to cry and rage.
Ignorant bastards.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: Coronavirus Vultures

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-dol ... ndlbingoff

Fortunately, I didn't need an ambulance or air ambulance.
President Dickhead tells the nation "not to worry"; how can someone who's facing thousands in uninsured or uncovered expenses for virus treatments not worry? I understand that it takes trained medical professionals to run a hospital, and the costs associated with maintaining a hospital isn't cheap, but I also feel that there exists an uncontrolled environment of greed and overbilling.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Today, just from curiousity, I searched for who the recipients of PPP money here in my city are. It was a veritable list of corporate welfare with many of the local car dealers receiving $150K to $350K (the SBA site didn't give the exact amounts), many medical and doctor offices getting the same, and most surprising of all there were several churches who got PPP money. I thought :shock: wtf? None of these entities have been shut down by mandate.....no churches were told to not have services, no doctors offices were told to stop seeing patients, no car dealers were told to close for even a day. And of course, the Holston Valley Broadcasting Group (Sinclair) was on the list even though I've not noticed ANY difference in their broadcasting or any change in their on air announcers. Looks to me like a lot of this is a hoax. And it pisses me off.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

The politicians using the funds for their campaigns is insane.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:51 pm
Today, just from curiousity, I searched for who the recipients of PPP money here in my city are. It was a veritable list of corporate welfare with many of the local car dealers receiving $150K to $350K (the SBA site didn't give the exact amounts), many medical and doctor offices getting the same, and most surprising of all there were several churches who got PPP money. I thought :shock: wtf? None of these entities have been shut down by mandate.....no churches were told to not have services, no doctors offices were told to stop seeing patients, no car dealers were told to close for even a day. And of course, the Holston Valley Broadcasting Group (Sinclair) was on the list even though I've not noticed ANY difference in their broadcasting or any change in their on air announcers. Looks to me like a lot of this is a hoax. And it pisses me off.
I'm not defending any particular grant, but PPP is intended to support entities affected by CV-19, whether or not there was any shutdown mandate. For example, fearful patients are doing everything they can to delay or avoid visiting doctors' offices and less driving means that people's current cars are being held onto longer.

I don't understand the TV subsidy, especially when stations are flooded with political ads.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:57 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
I'm not defending any particular grant, but PPP is intended to support entities affected by CV-19, whether or not there was any shutdown mandate. For example, fearful patients are doing everything they can to delay or avoid visiting doctors' offices and less driving means that people's current cars are being held onto longer.

I don't understand the TV subsidy, especially when stations are flooded with political ads.
Yes, I am aware of the concept behind it, which is to allow "paycheck protection" for workers who cannot continue to work either due to business closure or the spectre of employee layoffs. What I don't get is why the car dealers, who have likely not laid off any employees nor shut their business nor been forced to operate at a lower customer density get any of this money. And I also can't understand why ANY church would qualify for any of this money. Anyway, I'm proud to say that the Neoplacebo Church of Atheist Mechanics and Albino Heroin Users has not applied for one cent. We have our pride.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

How do you feel about PPP money being used to fund Kelly Loeffler in the Georgia senate race?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:35 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

How do you feel about PPP money being used to fund Kelly Loeffler in the Georgia senate race?
I think of that about the same as what I think of a shit popsicle.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:35 am
viewtopic.php?p=127737#p127737
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:51 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:24 pm
Yeah, that reminds me of one of George Carlin's profound observations; "Think about how stupid the average person is and then realize half of them are stupider than that."
Like the voters for these Repugs:

Self-funding QAnon candidate gave own campaign $450,000 after getting PPP loan

:roll: :obscene-birdiered:
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:23 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:01 pm
I'm pretty sure people are being prosecuted for this.
While what these pols are doing is abusive and morally reprehensible, I don't know that they've engaged in fraud.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:57 pm
I think of that about the same as what I think of a shit popsicle.
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Coronavirus numbers tell stories

Interesting that the higher instances are in the poorer less educated states - well not really Interesting, more like - to be expected.

Cases/million

Florida                 39,500
Louisiana             39,000
Mississippi          37,000
Alabama.             36,000
Arkansas              33,500
Georgia                 33,000
Tennessee.           33,000
South Carolina.     33,000
Texas.                     31,000

And in our freedom lovin western states

South Dakota.          46,000
North Dakota.         40,000
Arizona                     35,500
Iowa.                         35,000
Utah.                         33,000
Nevada.                    33,000
Idaho.                        33,000
Nebraska.                  31,000

Even the big city public transportation states, that were hit so hard early on and have received so much criticism from many of the states listed above, have improved so dramatically in spite of trump and other maskless idiots that even with the early high numbers averaged in these states are doing better than the rural "I Don't Care, Do U?" states.

California 23,000
Illinois 27,000
New Jersey 25,000
NEW York 25,000

And just for giggles. If trump had followed science as these countries did

Germany.        4,000
Poland.            4,000
Finland.            2,500
Australia.         1,000
New Zealand     400

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

There is one ICU bed available in the Bismarck, North Dakota area, one.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:32 pm
There is one ICU bed available in the Bismarck, North Dakota area, one.
It is what it is.....no, I don't take responsibility at all.....one day; it's like a miracle it'll just go away.....speaking of going away, I have a rally.