Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Upcoming Gaslight alert.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Karma bites again...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-mask-us ... 51086.html

Republican senator Jason Rapert, who unsuccessfully introduced a bill to ban gay marriage in the US in 2017, was hospitalised with coronavirus and pneumonia on 24 July.

Earlier in the year, as many states were beginning to take social distancing measures to attempt to control the spread of the virus, Mr Rapert shared an article on Facebook that called the pandemic the “biggest political hoax in history”.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I bet Jason learns nothing and will remain a nutjob if he survives. I don't pray, but if I did........

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:06 pm
I bet Jason learns nothing and will remain a nutjob if he survives. I don't pray, but if I did........
Trump national security adviser O'Brien has the coronavirus

"national security" - Irony.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:06 pm
Thoughts and prayers :P
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:53 pm
Karma bites again...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-mask-us ... 51086.html

Republican senator Jason Rapert, who unsuccessfully introduced a bill to ban gay marriage in the US in 2017, was hospitalised with coronavirus and pneumonia on 24 July.

Earlier in the year, as many states were beginning to take social distancing measures to attempt to control the spread of the virus, Mr Rapert shared an article on Facebook that called the pandemic the “biggest political hoax in history”.
US could ‘virtually eliminate’ coronavirus if ‘we decide to’, top Obama administration health official says

Thanks to the country's Raperts, we won't decide to.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

150K+ :cry:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:37 pm
We're #1 😓

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:25 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:37 pm
We're #1 😓
Yep, no one even close, though #10 for deaths per 1M pop.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Aside: That's an odd emoji, looks like a sweat droplet rather than a tear.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

looked different on my keyboard.

😪😓😿😭😰😢

Edit, they all look a little different on my keyboard...whatever.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:42 pm
looked different on my keyboard.

😪😓😿😭😰😢

Edit, they all look a little different on my keyboard...whatever.
Use it for fever or hard work. :D

Speaking of fever:
Nine of the top 10 U.S. coronavirus hot spots are in Florida and Texas

... The CDC document, a daily update on the coronavirus, identifies counties that are “areas of concern,” because cases are “high and still growing.” Five of the top 10 counties on the list are in Florida, four in Texas and one in Louisiana.

Most striking among those top 10 counties is Miami-Dade in Florida, which has had more than 40,000 new cases over the past two weeks, according to the document. The CDC did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Yahoo News about its rankings of hot spots.

The document, which is not for public release, was circulated among government agencies on Tuesday, the same day that Trump in a press briefing declared the South was getting better.
:roll: :x
TN was doing better, but it looks like the rest of the South now. Idk why NC and CA are doing so poorly despite their more aggressive Govs.

2 in South FL, 1 in North FL, 2 in the Panhandle.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Herman Cain died of the Coronavirus:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/politics ... index.html
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

These 13 states need to lock down now, according to Harvard coronavirus experts

A report released this week by the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force warns that 21 states are now in the “red zone” and need to take aggressive steps to slow the spread of COVID-19.

That sounds serious. But according to new, comprehensive national guidelines from a network of research, policy and public-health experts convened by Harvard University’s Global Health Institute and Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, the latest federal report probably isn’t serious enough.

Why? Because the steps it recommends may be too weak to suppress the virus, and the threshold at which it recommends them may be too high.

The Trump task force, for instance, doesn’t advise authorities to issue stay-at-home orders — anywhere. But if the Harvard experts had their way, 13 states would lock down right now. Another 22 would be considering lockdowns....

Right now, that would mean 13 of the Trump task force’s 21 red-zone states returning to lockdown: Florida (with a staggering 48.1 new daily cases per 100,000 people), Louisiana (46.2), Mississippi (43.5), Alabama (39.1), Arizona (36.6), Tennessee (34.1), Georgia (33.8), Nevada (33.0), South Carolina (30.1), Texas (27.9), Idaho (27.5), Arkansas (26.4) and Oklahoma (25.6).

The other eight task force red-zone states — California (23.5), Missouri (22.0), North Dakota (18.2), North Carolina (18.1), Utah (17.9), Iowa (16.3), Wisconsin (15.7) and Kansas (14.2) — would fall into Harvard’s orange zone.

So do an additional 14 states, including several — such as New Mexico (15.6), Nebraska (15.1) and Maryland (14.6) — that seem to be getting worse fast.

In the orange zone, Harvard says, “community spread has accelerated” to “dangerous levels” and “stay-at-home orders are advised” (unless “viral testing and contact tracing capacity” are sufficiently robust).
Yikes.
Nationwide, however, it would mean putting targeted lockdowns back on the table, followed by dramatically expanded testing and tracing.

That’s a solution the Trump task force has shied away from, even as it acknowledges the severity of a pandemic that has infected at least 4.4 million Americans, killed 150,000 and now, after a brief late-spring plateau, propelled more than 40 percent of U.S. states into its self-described red zone.

In recent days, case growth in some of those states has started to stabilize, or even decline. That has led Trump to declare, as he did earlier this week, that “a lot of governors should be opening up states that they’re not opening up.”
45SHOLE.

But the point the Harvard group is making is that even if spread is slowing, there’s still too much virus circulating to ease up now. The goal should be suppression, they say: striving for zero cases instead of just somewhat mitigating the current spread.

A suppression strategy is “the most efficient path toward a restored economy without future lockdowns,” the Harvard team explained. “Successful suppression efforts can work relatively fast to restore jurisdictions to near-zero case incidence in a matter of 1-2 months.” ...
Nah, we'd rather get sick and die. :roll:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida Keys:

A Florida couple has been charged after being caught getting groceries, washing their car, and walking their dog despite testing positive for the coronavirus

I can see it for grocery shopping if there's an alternative like delivery, but I can't see the justification for banning car washing and dog walking. Then, what's up with their neighbors filming them?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm
Florida Keys:

A Florida couple has been charged after being caught getting groceries, washing their car, and walking their dog despite testing positive for the coronavirus

I can see it for grocery shopping if there's an alternative like delivery, but I can't see the justification for banning car washing and dog walking. Then, what's up with their neighbors filming them?
They were supposed to stay home. He could have walked his dog and washed his car at home; instead he chose to break quarantine and interact with others on the public sidewalks and at commercial businesses, including a car wash.

Locking theme up is apparently the only way to get them to comply.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm
They were supposed to stay home. He could have walked his dog and washed his car at home; instead he chose to break quarantine and interact with others on the public sidewalks and at commercial businesses, including a car wash.

Thanks, I was assuming washing the car in the driveway. I would still want to know what their interactions with others at the car wash and while walking the dog looked like.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:46 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Thanks, I was assuming washing the car in the driveway. I would still want to know what their interactions with others at the car wash and while walking the dog looked like.
I;ve never been to Key West or any of the Keys, but I would be surprised if there are ANY car wash businesses there. I would also be surprised to know there are no restrictions on residents about washing cars on the islands since I doubt they have a huge water supply. However, I would not be surprised to find out trump wants to postpone the election because people are washing cars and being arrested for it since it is glaringly against trump's notion of "freedom."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:49 pm
I've never been to Key West or any of the Keys, but I would be surprised if there are ANY car wash businesses there. I would also be surprised to know there are no restrictions on residents about washing cars on the islands since I doubt they have a huge water supply. However, I would not be surprised to find out trump wants to postpone the election because people are washing cars and being arrested for it since it is glaringly against trump's notion of "freedom."
Some of the Keys are pretty developed. Idk if there are water restrictions there, but often commercial drive-thru and do-it-yourself car washes are allowed because they recycle the water.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:49 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:46 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

I;ve never been to Key West or any of the Keys, but I would be surprised if there are ANY car wash businesses there. I would also be surprised to know there are no restrictions on residents about washing cars on the islands since I doubt they have a huge water supply. However, I would not be surprised to find out trump wants to postpone the election because people are washing cars and being arrested for it since it is glaringly against trump's notion of "freedom."
Why do you care what they were doing past breaking the only kind of law that can slow or stop this thing?

I would love to see more serious laws and if the idiots want to go to jail - fine, just don't house them with the uninfected.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”