Mitt Romney is proposing a $10 trillion tax break

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Mitt Romney is proposing a $10 trillion tax break

Unread post by bannination »

http://www.nationalmemo.com/mitt-romney ... tax-break/
After the president said that he was proposing a $5 trillion tax break, Romney responded, “I don’t have a $5 trillion cut. I don’t have a tax cut of the scale that you’re talking about.”

He was partially correct. He isn’t proposing a $5 trillion tax break — his tax cut proposals equal more than $10 trillion over the next 10 years, according to Citizens for Tax Justice.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Re: Mitt Romney is proposing a $10 trillion tax break

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

NYTimes
Citizens for Tax Justice, a liberal-leaning research group
Banni are really the only person on the earth who doesn't know this? Seriously now. :roll:

bannination wrote:http://www.nationalmemo.com/mitt-romney ... tax-break/
After the president said that he was proposing a $5 trillion tax break, Romney responded, “I don’t have a $5 trillion cut. I don’t have a tax cut of the scale that you’re talking about.”

He was partially correct. He isn’t proposing a $5 trillion tax break — his tax cut proposals equal more than $10 trillion over the next 10 years, according to Citizens for Tax Justice.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Good enough for Ronald Reagan.
CTJ is generally considered to be a center-left organization but its research has also been cited by Republican politicians (including President Ronald Reagan)and right-wing tax reform organizations when favorable to their policies.
We know Romney will increase the debt at a rate far higher than previously imagined, we just don't know how much +/- a few trillion. All of it, just because he wants to help the rich instead of the middle or lower classes.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Talk about living in the past, well what's a few decades of deficits for a liberal. Just fight to make the rich pay more so they can do less. And I suppose you don't think Obama is going to continue to raise the debt? :roll:

bannination wrote:Good enough for Ronald Reagan.
CTJ is generally considered to be a center-left organization but its research has also been cited by Republican politicians (including President Ronald Reagan)and right-wing tax reform organizations when favorable to their policies.
We know Romney will increase the debt at a rate far higher than previously imagined, we just don't know how much +/- a few trillion. All of it, just because he wants to help the rich instead of the middle or lower classes.