The Karen Collection

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Tennessee man...

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:16 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:07 pm
Thanks. Guess I didn't look hard enough. His "official" page was of no help. But I'll drop him a line and address him as I would any other lizard.
Future reference: I clicked on Leg > House > Members > then the envelope icon.
I just put in "david byrd tn state legislator" and the first thing that came up was his official site. I should have expected such treachery from a despicable bastard like him; they probably fixed it on purpose so citizens couldn't tell them how fucked up they are. Next thing you know they'll name a school after Albert Speer and act like it's the right thing to do.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: The Karen Collection

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

It's like a Qanon poetry slam.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:44 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:33 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:45 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:15 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:33 pm
OK, so I guess I'll be scratching Tennessee off my relocation list.
Thanks.
:laughing-rolling: Tennessee is suffering enough. Y'all sure don't need any more Californians like Leigh-Allyn Baker moving in.
According to Wiki and IMDB, Leigh-Allyn was born in Murray, Kentucky.

I wish she would move to Tennessee, if she's not there already. California doesn't need any more morons from Kentucky, nor from Alabama, for that matter.
:confusion-scratchheadblue: As GoCubsGo posted:
viewtopic.php?p=142729#p142729
and billy.pilgrim and I posted:
viewtopic.php?p=142775#p142775
all on this same page, COVIDiot Leigh-Allyn Baker spent her entire adult life in California until moving from there to Tennessee. You even cited her as a reason to not move to Tennessee.

Pay attention.
You pay attention, dude.

Leigh-Allyn was born a Kentucky gal, and she always will be one. Her sojourn in California notwithstanding.

Or are you claiming one's childhood origins don't matter? Is that because you're trying so hard to forget yours?

And, as you finally admit, she no longer lives in California, but has infested Tennessee instead. Good. On less RWNJ on the West Coast, the better.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:18 pm

Leigh-Allyn was born a Kentucky gal, and she always will be one. Her sojourn in California notwithstanding.

Or are you claiming one's childhood origins don't matter? Is that because you're trying so hard to forget yours?
I'd say "it depends." Let's say since Murray, KY is the closest town to a lot of places in Tennessee, she might have been born in KY because that's where the hospital was. But other than the couple of days in hospital, she lived with her family in Tennessee. Would she still be a "Kentucky gal"? Or suppose her fam moved away when she was 3? How much would "childhood origins" matter? In any case, it's unlikely that her childhood nor her stay in California had much to do with her development of a bad case of willful ignorance.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:51 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:18 pm

I'd say "it depends." Let's say since Murray, KY is the closest town to a lot of places in Tennessee, she might have been born in KY because that's where the hospital was. But other than the couple of days in hospital, she lived with her family in Tennessee. Would she still be a "Kentucky gal"? Or suppose her fam moved away when she was 3? How much would "childhood origins" matter? In any case, it's unlikely that her childhood nor her stay in California had much to do with her development of a bad case of willful ignorance.
Well, I don't want to offend anyone, but my point wasn't that she was Kentucky gal vs. a Tennessee gal, but that she wasn't a California gal as someone tried to portray her. And from my point of view there's not a whole lot of difference between Kentucky and Tennessee. YMMV.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:58 pm

Well, I don't want to offend anyone, but my point wasn't that she was Kentucky gal vs. a Tennessee gal, but that she wasn't a California gal as someone tried to portray her. And from my point of view there's not a whole lot of difference between Kentucky and Tennessee. YMMV.
It would seem she lived mostly in California for about 30 years. That's probably longer than the average Californian. And from all available evidence, she lived a pretty normal California life for somebody in the industry. Nobody is saying she is a typical representative of California thought, although the Karens in Encinitas who were whining about not being able to get their mani-pedis during the shut-down would probably think she's their kind of lady.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Oh, when discussing California it's usually necessary to describe WHERE in California. Like North vs. South, Coast vs. East. Then there are subdivisions within each main category, like the Sacramento/San Joaquin valleys. Each has its own flavor.

In general, at least in the North, the rural communities are more conservative than the urban ones. Unless you go to the Russian River, or Santa Cruz, where everyone seems to be woke about something or other.

YMMV

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:42 am
Oh, when discussing California it's usually necessary to describe WHERE in California. Like North vs. South, Coast vs. East. Then there are subdivisions within each main category, like the Sacramento/San Joaquin valleys. Each has its own flavor.

In general, at least in the North, the rural communities are more conservative than the urban ones. Unless you go to the Russian River, or Santa Cruz, where everyone seems to be woke about something or other.

YMMV
That's true of quite a few states, particularly the urban/rural divide. But LA is a world of its own.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:14 am
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:42 am

YMMV
That's true of quite a few states, particularly the urban/rural divide. But LA is a world of its own.
Yes, LA and SF are very different. The interesting part about California is that the biggest cities are pretty much on the Coast: LA, SF/Bay Area, SJ, SD. The capitol, Sacramento, is/was/will be an also ran. But it's all good in one way or the other. I suppose other states have similar divides, like NYC/Buffalo, but it just seems more magnified here. Perhaps because I've lived here all my adult (and all my teenage) life.

So today's lesson is, avoid generalizations about most things, including states.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

OK, I guess I need to delineate* the various regions of California, if only to get it out of my mind so I can sleep.

From North to South, and West to East:

Oregon border counties: You might as well be in Oregon.

Humbolt/Lassen section: If you're not a lumberjack, or know one, you need to move on.

Mendocino: Got pot? Chico: Want pot? Reno: Try to win the pot

Santa Rosa/Sacramento/Tahoe: Beautiful on the edges, flat and boring in between

SF Bay Area/Stockton/Yosemite: Like previous, except more crowded on the western edge

Monterey/Fresno/Death Valley: Starts out nice, gets boring, then nice again if you're dead

Santa Maria/Bakersfield/Las Vegas: Nicer on the West, truly awful in the middle, and if you're in Vegas, turn around

Los Angeles/Mojave Desert: Two deserts, Congratulations!

San Diego/El Centro: Surfer Paradise, then fried to a crisp

If you made it to San Diego, might as well keep on going south to Mexico. Avoid Tijuana.

* Highly subjective and guaranteed to piss somebody off

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Useless Karen Collection

Unread post by Vrede too »

Useless, you are such a royal pussy when you screw up.
Four of us were having a perfectly sensible conversation about a wacko speaker in TN.
You were too lazy, stupid or self-important to show us the respect of following the conversation before jumping in with your expression of CA’s superiority over TN. For the record, there are a lot of your posts that I don’t read. However, if I’m going contribute to an existing dialogue I ALWAYS read what EVERYONE has posted.
I shot your stupidity down by pointing out that Leigh-Allyn Baker moved to TN from CA. If you had bothered to watch her rant you would have heard her even say that she is a “refugee from California” and that she gave up a “successful (debatable) Hollywood career” to move to TN.
I think we all, including neoplacebo ;) , would agree that there are many reasons to not live in TN, but it is asinine of you to claim that a CALIFORNIAN suddenly now living there is one of them, California boy.
Then, rather than manning-up and admitting your flub, as you always do you tried to cover for it, this time by bringing in her very remote - she’s 49 - birth state.
Continuing your wussy deflection, you suggest that I’m “trying so hard to forget” my origins. Ummm, I’ve never once expressed any shame over my DC birth or mostly MD childhood, idiot. That said, I consider Montana, where I spent 30 adult years, to be my home, just as Leigh-Allyn Baker’s home became CA, not KY.
Your next wussy deflection is to the irrelevancy of CA’s diversity, something you spent a ton of time on but we ALL already know, duh. So what? East, west and central TN are diverse, too, but you slurred the entire state based on one school board meeting. What’s good for the goose . . .

Give it up, even O Really is trying to school you, but you’re too thick to get it. Ironic thread, YOU are a whiny, unaccountable Karen.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: The Useless Karen Collection

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:33 am
East, west and central TN are diverse, too, but you slurred the entire state based on one school board meeting. What’s good for the goose . . .
The three stars on the TN state flag represent the separate and distinct geographic regions of the state....East, Middle, and West. Or that's what was intended. These days I sort of think they stand for Larry, Moe, and Curly considering how loony most elected officials here are.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:57 am
Vrede too wrote:
East, west and central TN are diverse, too, but you slurred the entire state based on one school board meeting. What’s good for the goose . . .
The three stars on the TN state flag represent the separate and distinct geographic regions of the state....East, Middle, and West. Or that's what was intended. These days I sort of think they stand for Larry, Moe, and Curly considering how loony most elected officials here are.
Damn, I'm smarter than I look. To be honest, I always thought it came from a 1-5 star rating system for states. :P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:20 am
OK, I guess I need to delineate* the various regions of California, if only to get it out of my mind so I can sleep.

While there is usually some thread of truth in any stereotype or generalization, yours is a bit extra. Starting even with the "(northern) counties might as well be in Oregon," without acknowledging that Oregon is itself more than one homogenous area. From north to south, east to west, you can't tell you're in the same state there. Pleasantness of living, just like politics, is all local.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:20 am
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:20 am

While there is usually some thread of truth in any stereotype or generalization, yours is a bit extra. Starting even with the "(northern) counties might as well be in Oregon," without acknowledging that Oregon is itself more than one homogenous area. From north to south, east to west, you can't tell you're in the same state there. Pleasantness of living, just like politics, is all local.
Oh, for heaven's sake, it was meant to be amusing. The object was to point out that California is not one homogenous entity, as some in other parts of the nation would have us believe.

And of course Oregon has variety. There's Portland, and then the rest ;-).

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

So the first clue that this Karen was a Covidiot was that he got on a cruise ship in the first place.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

There's no one here that thinks that California is "one homogenous entity". We discuss its variety often. So, the entire tangent is pointless other than being a straw man diversion from COVIDiot Leigh-Allyn Baker being a Californian. It's ironic that you are so defensive over that undeniable fact, given California's diversity you know.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:43 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:57 am
Vrede too wrote:
Damn, I'm smarter than I look. To be honest, I always thought it came from a 1-5 star rating system for states. :P
Texas has only one star. I figure that's generous. And they even brag about it being the lone star state.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:38 pm
There's no one here that thinks that California is "one homogenous entity". We discuss its variety often. So, the entire tangent is pointless other than being a straw man diversion from COVIDiot Leigh-Allyn Baker being a Californian. It's ironic that you are so defensive over that undeniable fact, given California's diversity you know.
Yeah, it seems Ulysses was offended that a former fellow Californian was a certified nutjob, and feared that her nutjobbery would reflect poorly on the state as a whole and in particular the Bay Area, where she did not ever live. That seems to be pretty much the definition of taking an unrelated event unnecessarily personal. And it's not like California doesn't have its share of nutjobs - and some of them get elected. One has to look no further than Kevin McCarthy or Devin Nunes to suspect that "refugee" Leigh-Allyn Baker might not be the only nutjob living or who has lived there. But to my great pleasure, and probably Ulysses', the good part about California is that while there are many nutjobs, they don't usually get to run the place. That's really the downfall of places like Florida and NC - the nutjobs aren't the majority of the population but they still get elected to run the place.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:47 pm

Texas has only one star. I figure that's generous. And they even brag about it being the lone star state.
NC and California are one-star states, too, but I wouldn't get too wrapped up into considering that a rating. Ohio has 16 stars. Besides, we wouldn't want to remind Vrede that the designer of the Maryland flag had apparently been sitting around drinking too much Calvert Blended.