So Biden Picked an Indian as His Presidential Candidate

A conservative forum.
PeacefulPartier
Pilot Officer

So Biden Picked an Indian as His Presidential Candidate

Unread post by PeacefulPartier »

My bad...VP. I mean, I think we all know he's going to be bowing out on Nov 4th. So what do you think of the woman that separated parents from their kids because they were late to school, prevented black men from getting justice, slept with a mayor to get political favors and so much more?
PeacefulPartier
Pilot Officer

Re: So Biden Picked an Indian as His Presidential Candidate

oops...double post
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Indian/Jamaican-American
Vice Presidential Candidate or Presidential running mate

Idiot
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.
PeacefulPartier
Pilot Officer

Vrede too wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:59 pm Indian/Jamaican-American
Vice Presidential Candidate or Presidential running mate

Idiot
Yeah, no. If she was the VP, why did they cut away when Biden started speaking after she accepted? She's the top of the ticket now.
O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Who would you have supported as Dem VP?
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I'm fine with Harris. What I wonder more about is whether Pence will have another lobotomy before the election or not.
O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:24 am I'm fine with Harris. What I wonder more about is whether Pence will have another lobotomy before the election or not.
Of those who seemed to be in the running, she was my favourite. I just found it predictably interesting that after having not participated in any discussions of potential VP selection before, PP immediately jumped to generic trashing of Harris. I wondered who, in his newfound interest in the selection, he would have supported. I didn't expect an answer.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

So, Biden picked an Indian/Jamaican-American as his running mate

O Really wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:26 amOf those who seemed to be in the running, she was my favourite. I just found it predictably interesting that after having not participated in any discussions of potential VP selection before, PP immediately jumped to generic trashing of Harris. I wondered who, in his newfound interest in the selection, he would have supported. I didn't expect an answer.
PP is just being lockstep obedient. PINO, Faux Noise and the rest of the right-wing immediately launched a chorus of often sexist and racist Harris-trashing.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.
O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:56 pm
O Really wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:26 amOf those who seemed to be in the running, she was my favourite. I just found it
PP is just being lockstep obedient. PINO, Faux Noise and the rest of the right-wing immediately launched a chorus of often sexist and racist Harris-trashing.
Sure, and there will be a lot who think they have to respond to such drivel, thus making it seem almost relevant. Why do the media even report generic insults?
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

So, Biden picked an Indian/Jamaican-American as his running mate

Formatting and attribution fixed.
O Really wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 pm
Vrede too wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:56 pmPP is just being lockstep obedient. PINO, Faux Noise and the rest of the right-wing immediately launched a chorus of often sexist and racist Harris-trashing.
Sure, and there will be a lot who think they have to respond to such drivel, thus making it seem almost relevant. Why do the media even report generic insults?
Mudslinging campaigning works, to a point.
Because too many people will click on mudslinging before they'll click on sober and respectful policy discussion.
Sad.
1312. ETTD.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:26 am
neoplacebo wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:24 am I'm fine with Harris. What I wonder more about is whether Pence will have another lobotomy before the election or not.
Of those who seemed to be in the running, she was my favourite. I just found it predictably interesting that after having not participated in any discussions of potential VP selection before, PP immediately jumped to generic trashing of Harris. I wondered who, in his newfound interest in the selection, he would have supported. I didn't expect an answer.
Yeah, I get that. I still want to know about imminent lobotomy plans though. And I've seen reports that trump and Ivanka both have donated to Harris in the past.....presumably while she was committing these offenses pp trots out. Imagine that. Does anyone other than me wonder that if there were a GOP candidate who had FORTY THOUSAND LIES under his belt, would pp support that person twice as much as the current liar? Or would pp smugly ask "what lies are those?" I know the answer to this.
O Really
Admiral

Re: So, Biden picked an Indian/Jamaican-American as his running mate

Vrede too wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm Formatting and attribution fixed.
O Really wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 pm
Vrede too wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:56 pmPP is just being lockstep obedient. PINO, Faux Noise and the rest of the right-wing immediately launched a chorus of often sexist and racist Harris-trashing.
Mudslinging campaigning works, to a point.
Because too many people will click on mudslinging before they'll click on sober and respectful policy discussion.
Sad.
Yes, but mudslinging only works if people know about it. Why is there even a headline in anything other than Faux that "Trump questions Harris' birth" or whatever. Just because somebody puts up a press release doesn't mean they have to print/report it. Can't do anything about the internet, but still.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:08 pmYes, but mudslinging only works if people know about it. Why is there even a headline in anything other than Faux that "Trump questions Harris' birth" or whatever. Just because somebody puts up a press release doesn't mean they have to print/report it. Can't do anything about the internet, but still.
Speaking of right-wing slimeball media that Trumpettes like PP robotically glom on to.

Tucker Carlson: Kamala Harris Will Deny You A COVID-19 Vaccine If You're Not A 'Certain Color

:roll:
It Took Newsweek Three Days and a Staff Revolt to Apologize for Kamala Harris Birtherism Op-Ed

Editors and executives at Newsweek, a formerly prestigious and popular magazine that in recent years has suffered from self-inflicted wounds and even a criminal investigation of its business practices, are once again digging themselves out of a public relations hole.

Newsweek Editor-in-Chief Nancy Cooper and the magazine’s recently-hired opinion editor, Trump-backing conservative activist and attorney Josh Hammer, apologized on Friday after nearly a week of defending a right-wing law professor’s op-ed questioning Sen. Kamala Harris’ U.S. citizenship and her eligibility to be Joe Biden’s running mate.

“This op-ed is being used by some as a tool to perpetuate racism and xenophobia. We apologize,” read the editor’s note that replaced their earlier detailed defense of the op-ed. “[T]o many readers, the essay inevitably conveyed the ugly message that Senator Kamala Harris, a woman of color and the child of immigrants, was somehow not truly American.”

Cooper didn’t respond to email and text messages from The Daily Beast, with which Newsweek was partnered from 2010 to 2013 when IAC, The Daily Beast’s parent company, sold the money-losing magazine to IBT Media’s owners, Etienne Uzac and Johnathan Davis. The two entrepreneurs have a close and controversial financial connection to a charismatic South Korean evangelical minister named David Jang, touted by some of his followers as the messiah.

Hammer—a former Ted Cruz aide and member of the Federalist Society and the right-leaning Claremont Institute, who joined Newsweek in May after writing for Ben Shapiro’s Daily Wire—declined to comment, telling The Daily Beast in a brief phone conversation, “I’m not interested in speaking. Thank you.”

And then hung up the phone.

Several of Newsweek’s journalists were alarmed by Hammer’s arrival because of his hyper-partisan leanings—and especially because former Trump adviser and Breitbart CEO Steve Bannon, perceived as a Hammer ally, apparently continues to hope that he will one day buy the magazine....

The essay—by Chapman University law professor John C. Eastman, also a Claremont Institute denizen, and headlined “Some Questions for Kamala Harris About Eligibility”—prompted widespread disgust both inside and outside Newsweek, as well as letters demanding a retraction from members of the magazine’s staff for its whiff of birtherism and racism; it was predictably weaponized by Donald Trump and his supporters.

During a Thursday press conference/campaign rally in the White House briefing room, a reporter asked Trump about social media rumors—apparently stoked by Newsweek—that Harris was “an anchor baby” and thus ineligible to run.

... a prominent former Newsweek staffer, who asked not to be further identified, quipped that the magazine’s owners and upper management “are probably loving the clicks and the fact that it’s an editorial controversy unrelated to Jesus and Seoul.”
1312. ETTD.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Debunking 3 Viral Falsehoods About Kamala Harris

The ‘PizzaGate’ Conspiracy Theory

On Wednesday, a day after Biden announced his selection, the falsehood that Harris is connected to a child-trafficking conspiracy known as PizzaGate was published on the conspiracy-mongering website Infowars, which set off a round of sharing on social media....

On Facebook, users in dozens of QAnon groups and pages posted about the rumor. The falsehood reached up to 624,000 people, according to The Times’ analysis. On Instagram, which Facebook owns, 77 more posts tried to spread the lie further.

And on YouTube, a QAnon channel with over 100,000 followers pushed the conspiracy, too....

Harris’ Heritage

Falsehoods about Harris’ heritage — in particular that she is “not Black” — were among the most widely spread misinformation that Zignal Labs tracked. Since Tuesday, the argument had been mentioned over 40,000 times, the company found....

In a Facebook post Tuesday night, Candace Owens, a right-wing commentator, posted a widely shared post questioning Harris’ heritage. “I am SO EXCITED that we get to watch Kamala Harris, who swore into congress as an ‘Indian-American,’ now play the ‘I’m a black a woman’ card all the way until November,” she wrote.

Facebook soon added a fact check to Owens’ post, requiring users to click past a label noting that third-party fact checkers found “this information has no basis in fact.”

... Whitney Phillips, an assistant professor at Syracuse University who teaches digital ethics, said she was “absolutely not surprised” by the viral misinformation questioning Harris’ heritage.

“Regardless of political party, sexism and racism have long been fixtures in American public life,” Phillips said.

Jussie Smollett

One of the most convoluted lies that has spread on social media involves actor Jussie Smollett and the baseless allegation that Harris is his aunt and knew in advance that Smollett was planning to stage an assault against himself early last year....
Right-wingers, especially Trumpettes, are sooo stupid, gullible and dishonest.
1312. ETTD.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

And pp would squawk "what stupidity, gullibility, and dishonesty?"
O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:56 am And pp would squawk "what stupidity, gullibility, and dishonesty?"
Examples are so numerous, he just considers that normal life.