2024 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: 2024 Elections

Unread post by O Really »

Sure, me too. But so far he claims he's not running. And a San Francisco liberal with Nancy Pelosi for a relative and a crazy ex wife might not work out in some parts of the country.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:55 am
Sure, me too. But so far he claims he's not running. And a San Francisco liberal with Nancy Pelosi for a relative and a crazy ex wife might not work out in some parts of the country.
As opposed to a former New York liberal with a crazy past, a crazy family and soon to be multiple indictments?

I'm not overestimating America's level of stupid or what makes people indignant anymore.

Edit: they're not related, his aunt was married to Paul Pelosi pre Nancy so no direct connection and that ended almost forty years ago. Won't stop the wingnuts from screaming it though.

https://abc7news.com/are-gavin-newsom-a ... /10693194/
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

As Biden becomes increasingly less of a possibility all over.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:53 am
O Really wrote:
As opposed to a former New York liberal with a crazy past, a crazy family and soon to be multiple indictments?

I'm not overestimating America's level of stupid or what makes people indignant anymore.

Edit: they're not related, his aunt was married to Paul Pelosi pre Nancy so no direct connection and that ended almost forty years ago. Won't stop the wingnuts from screaming it though.

Good point about the craziness, but the right-wingers do love them some crazies as long as they're their crazies. They would have a blast screaming "Pelosi" thought, even with no real truth. They're good at that.

But moon-barking droolers gonna do what they do no matter what, and we know from hard experience that "appeasement" doesn't work.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
:D
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:53 am

I believe Newsom said that he's not running if Joe is running. Barring a Biden stroke that would be a tough promise to renege on.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:45 am

I believe Newsom said that he's not running if Joe is running. Barring a Biden stroke that would be a tough promise to renege on.
Yeah, fantasy Biden alternative.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:34 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:45 am

Yeah, fantasy Biden alternative.
Why oh why does this have to be a Black guy?

https://governor.maryland.gov/Pages/home.aspx

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:38 pm
Why oh why does this have to be a Black guy?

https://governor.maryland.gov/Pages/home.aspx

https://governor.maryland.gov/Publishin ... it-web.jpg
Wes Moore is VERY fresh to public office, having never run for anything until 2021 (for his 2022 election). Whether Joe wins or loses the Dem field will be wide open in 2028. Gavin Newsom will be 61, may or may not be interested at that point.

Gov is better experience for the job than Obama's Sen credential was, and it's historically been more electable. Moore does have military and corporate experience that will appeal to moderates. Who knows?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I carp a lot about "experience" but it depends a lot on what the experience is, and more so what the person knows/understands. My beef with the idea of getting a business leader to be President is that the government isn't a business and requires a different approach, though not necessarily different skills. Those who say "run the government like a business" are idiots, but certainly the same abilities to lead, manage, prioritize, etc. would be applicable. So I wouldn't have a problem with somebody like Moore who has a varied and successful background and has done a good job running a state. Clinton and Carter were both a bit light on experience, but got elected. Clinton was a little different because he had spent most of his life preparing/planning to be President and thought being governor of Arkansas was better than governor of nothing. Slightly. Newsome has his detractors in the state, but he's been a successful businessman, two-term mayor of San Francisco, Lt. Gov., and, detractors notwithstanding, done a good job as governor of the largest state in the country.

But the Obama experience is probably going to keep any Black guy from being elected Prez for a couple of generations.

O Really
Admiral

Speaking of experience, or lack thereof, Zelenskyy was a very unlikely country leader.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:30 pm
... Moore who has a varied and successful background and has done a good job running a state....
For 3 months and 6 days :P . I like his Cabinet, but I don't think he's even proposed and passed a budget yet.
But the Obama experience is probably going to keep any Black guy from being elected Prez for a couple of generations.
Timing. Obama had the benefit of lingering Dem animosity for Hillary (Iraq War, etc) and the mess Shrub made. I think any Dem that's nominated will beat Dolt .45, and IMO Fascist DerSantis, too.

Whether the Dems will nominate a Black "for a couple of generations" is an interesting question. -0-?
O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:52 pm
Speaking of experience, or lack thereof, Zelenskyy was a very unlikely country leader.
Ain't that the truth! He rose to it, though, despite a few missteps.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yes I know moore hasn't been at it long. Just projecting to the future.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
This is why I'm thinking of running myself. I will promise nothing, tell everyone that things are more like they are now than they've ever been, prove it with video of the current headlines, and tell everybody to hang on because I figure to whomp and stomp ever livin' thing in sight that's not zesty. Any non zesty shit that gets away will be stomped later.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:29 pm
Same thing can probably be said about most of the talking heads on television.

They both appeal to the lowest common denominator in an effort to sell themselves.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:26 pm
O Really wrote:
This is why I'm thinking of running myself. I will promise nothing, tell everyone that things are more like they are now than they've ever been, prove it with video of the current headlines, and tell everybody to hang on because I figure to whomp and stomp ever livin' thing in sight that's not zesty. Any non zesty shit that gets away will be stomped later.
You've got my vote!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
O Really wrote:
There are potential skeletons in your closet.
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:12 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:40 am
Opps! Looks like you stretched and starched one of your cats before the street got paved. Better watch out it doesn't trip over a crack.
Your compassion is polling well with the cat people demographic, other than ones with stretched cats, but dog people are howling mad.

The male fish people like the 'tough guy' image, the women are embarrassed by you.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Stretch!

Been a while!

O Really
Admiral

That is some major fish slap. Maybe a tuna-tap? Salmon-smack?
Looks seriously painful - dislocated jaw painful.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:18 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
O Really wrote:
There are potential skeletons in your closet.
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:12 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:40 am
Opps! Looks like you stretched and starched one of your cats before the street got paved. Better watch out it doesn't trip over a crack.
Your compassion is polling well with the cat people demographic, other than ones with stretched cats, but dog people are howling mad.

The male fish people like the 'tough guy' image, the women are embarrassed by you.
I am grateful for the support, and I have every expectation that any transgressions or mea culpas that may have dogged me in the past will be only minor distractions in this great and novel campaign of mine. Also I'd like your permission to use both those little videos in various ads I plan to run.

That fish slap I consider to be equal to the first shot at Lexington that started the American revolution.....but in this case will instead be the fish slap heard around the world (or to the edges of the world if you're a flat person). And Stretch the rancid cat who can only manage a stuporous stagger step even if being chased by a Doberman that hates cats is an all purpose and perennial crowd pleaser, as well as a good cautionary tale.

In any case, both of these I feel will be very useful to illustrate various parts of my platform to the hordes clamoring for something different. And that[s what I've got.......different.....buckets full of it.