2024 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: 2024 Elections

Unread post by O Really »

Maybe some legal campaign finance issues affect, but if somebody says they're "going to announce" next week, haven't they already announced?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:32 pm
Maybe some legal campaign finance issues affect, but if somebody says they're "going to announce" next week, haven't they already announced?
:thumbup: If a FL Gov says he's "going on a book tour" in 2023, hasn't he already announced his candidacy and shouldn't all spending and receipts be recorded as campaign finance?

Former GOP Rep Answers If Trump Or DeSantis Is Greater Threat, Doesn’t Hold Back
Both 2024 GOP candidates are a “real danger to the future of our country,” said Florida's David Jolly, but one stands out as a "greater threat."

... “Donald Trump is a brutish, transactionalist politician who will walk into a room, try to crush the Constitution, likely fail and be stopped by the courts,” Jolly said on MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House.” “It leads to violence. He is a unique danger himself.”

“But in Ron DeSantis, you have somebody who bears the same fragile vanities of Donald Trump, the paranoia and the executive abuse of Richard Nixon, a view of religion and church and state like Pat Robertson, and the discreet methodologies of Attorney General Bill Barr,” the former congressman told anchor Nicolle Wallace.

Trump could “try to topple the nation in a single day,” Jolly continued.

DeSantis “will do it by a thousand cuts.”

“And those thousand cuts include bringing and ripping our culture backwards 100 years to a pre-civil rights era, normalizing a view of race and gender and progressive ideologies and the LGBT issues that we continue to try to mainstream in the United States,” Jolly warned.

“Ron DeSantis stands in the way of a culture moving forwards,” he added, although he acknowledged both men present a “real danger to the future of our country.”

Jolly left the GOP in 2018 in protest of Trump.

Last month, he said he was considering leaving Florida with his family because of the extremist policies that DeSantis has signed into law.

“Why would I want to raise my kids in an environment in which they’re shamed for embracing diversity of thought and diverse cultures?” Jolly asked on MSNBC at the time.

“I want my children to be exposed to as much diversity as possible, and at home my wife and I can orient our family around the value set that’s right for us and prepare our kids to make decisions that are ultimately right for them as adults,” he said. “That’s not permissible in the state of Florida. You’re shamed for it, you’re unwelcome.”
:---P :---P :clap: :clap: Tweets:
Please tell us again why we need a strong Republican Party, or any Republican Party at all.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

This is Jolly saying this. A winger if there ever was one, yet he sees the danger.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Omfg.

If you need another reason not to vote for him.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:54 pm
Omfg.

If you need another reason not to vote for him.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 5890219008
What are y'all reading into the awkward nose scratch? Did a booger end up on his lower lip?
“The Governor”. Does she call him that when he’s ball-gagged & tied to the bed?
Dude, I could have gone pretty damn far in life without that imagery...
Takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters.

Beta
omega...
:thumbup:
It's like she's both talking about her kids and complaining about him at the same time. Which is wonderful.
At least this time he didn't wipe it on someone else.😳

https://www.tiktok.com/@meidastouch/vid ... 0801214762
:o
He looks like he’s ready to bolt
Is this parody?
In her own way Eva Braun trying to be relatable and down to earth is as awkward as Ron.
She wants to be president so bad, he can taste it.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Running a world class campaign.

Ah...

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:32 pm
Another potential announcement:

Report: Steve Garvey, Former Padre, Dodger, Pondering Run for Feinstein Senate Seat

Wiki

"Credentials":
Bat boy during MLB spring training
College dropout
MLB first baseman
Caused a Girl Scouts' stadium picket by ditching the Dodgers for San Diego
Raised money for Daddy Shrub
Unfaithful husband
Baby Daddy for two unwed women
Rejected by his daughters from his first marriage
Deadbeat dad
Failed Hall of Fame candidacy
Sports marketing and corporate branding
Television infomercials production
Motivational speaking for corporations
Non-criminally liable spokesman for false advertising infomercials
Would be 76 when taking office if he wins

Yep, "qualified" RepuQ :roll: . CA's Herschel Walker :puke-left: ? Perhaps not as stupid, which isn't saying much.
1312. ETTD.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

I thought I would check in just to ask you folks a question. I am sure all saw the president's last fall at the Air Force Academy last week. I personally do not believe he will be the democrat candidate in 2024. That being said, who do you folks will be the democrat candidate?

O Really
Admiral

The fall from tripping over the sandbag creates opportunities for ridicule, much as the heralded clumsiness of Gerald Ford did, and George Bush barfing on the Japanese Prime Minister. But it won't keep him from the nomination. It is, in political years, still a long time before there's a final candidate for either party however, and I don't have a prediction. I doubt my own preference is going to occur however. That would be my governor, Gavin Newsom.

Since you're here, I've got a question about your post. I don't have a problem with dissing the opposite party, and have been known to call Republicans some funky names, but do you use "democrat" (lower case, ending in "t") as intentional derision or do you not know that it should be "Democratic" candidate? If you're just throwing shade, that's OK, but your side uses the "democrat" term so much I wondered if it's intent or ignorance.

Supsalemgr
Major

Thanks for the answer and I will count you as sticking by the president.

I do not use "democrat" to deride, but a personal preference of reference. I certainly respect how democrats can achieve their goals. As for not capitalizing, I do not capitalize republican either. I don't consider either party worthy of the recognition.

I anxiously await response from your colleagues.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Supsalemgr wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:06 am
I thought I would check in just to ask you folks a question. I am sure all saw the president's last fall at the Air Force Academy last week. I personally do not believe he will be the democrat candidate in 2024. That being said, who do you folks will be the democrat candidate?
Tripping over a sandbag, something that anyone can do, is a really stupid thing to harp on. It's funny that the leading RepuQ candidate, nearly as old as Joe, is clearly in worse physical and mental shape than Joe is, yet the GQP pretends that he isn't and that their judgement isn't so abysmal.

I think Biden will be the Democrats' nominee. I wish it were otherwise. Still, he's done better than I expected, as most recently shown by the shaming of impotent SINO McCarthy over the debt ceiling. It's a relief that Biden's likely opponent will either be Dolt .45 or pandering RW extremist Fascist DerSantis. Even aged Joe will wipe the floor with whichever of those two get nominated.

Who do you want to be the RepuQ candidate, and who do you think it will be?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:33 pm
Supsalemgr wrote:
Tripping over a sandbag, something that anyone can do, is a really stupid thing to harp on. It's funny that the leading RepuQ candidate, nearly as old as Joe, is clearly in worse physical and mental shape than Joe is, yet the GQP pretends that he isn't and that their judgement isn't so abysmal.

I think Biden will be the Democrats' nominee. I wish it were otherwise. Still, he's done better than I expected, as most recently shown by the shaming of impotent SINO McCarthy over the debt ceiling. It's a relief that Biden's likely opponent will either be Dolt .45 or pandering RW extremist Fascist DerSantis. Even aged Joe will wipe the floor with whichever of those two get nominated.

I wonder if it will make a difference that trump can't hold a glass with one hand, thinks he acrobaticly desended a 2° ramp, believes a basic competency test is an IQ test, or attacks Gold Star Mom's and people with disabilities.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Supsalemgr wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:27 pm
Thanks for the answer and I will count you as sticking by the president.

Sure, meaning that if Biden is the nominee I'll vote for him. In the primary, I'd probably vote for Newsom if he were running, but he's not. But I don't have a problem with Biden overall - he's done a decent job with what he had to work with. Given first choice, though, I'd take a younger person with a charismatic personality and a good record of high level governmental service.

O Really
Admiral

Did anybody watch Nikki's Iowa show?
I would have but I needed to trim my toenails.

O Really
Admiral

Uncle Tim may not be quite ready for prime time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-gop-sen ... 48186.html
GOP Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina declared he's running for president.

Morning Consult polling found that more Republicans heard nothing about the launch than heard positive things about it. :lol:

It didn't help that the press mostly focused on a virginity pledge the unmarried senator said he made decades ago.

A poll analysis from Morning Consult found that the presidential campaign rollout of South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott failed to make a substantial impact upon launch two weeks ago.

Supsalemgr
Major

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:33 pm
Supsalemgr wrote:

I personally prefer Tim Scott since I know him from our professional days. He is a real and sincere person. I think he would be the democrats worse nightmare as he would really eat into the Black vote. I do believe Trump will be hard to overtake, especially with all the "wanna be's" joining the campaign.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Supsalemgr wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:55 am

I personally prefer Tim Scott since I know him from our professional days. He is a real and sincere person. I think he would be the democrats worse nightmare as he would really eat into the Black vote. I do believe Trump will be hard to overtake, especially with all the "wanna be's" joining the campaign.
I think he has done well above expectations and I'm a little suprised at Biden's low poll numbers as which I attribute to his age and possibly his speech impediment which may be mistaken for feebleness.

That said, I'd prefer new blood like Newsome but if Biden is the nominee I'll vote for him. There's no one on the Republican side that will appeal to anyone centrist. There may very well be the usual pivot to the middle by the nominee but in this day and age where every move is documented it may be a fool's errand and used against them.

Thinking Tim Scott will garner some of the black vote by virtue of being black is laughable.

Hey Sup, how's Solar's health? Is he going to make the general election?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:37 pm
Did anybody watch Nikki's Iowa show?
I would have but I needed to trim my toenails.
Saw a couple of snippets. She bobs and weaves like a scared prizefighter.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Supsalemgr wrote:
Personal experience is a valid reason for support. I've agreed with you for months on TRE45QN's odds of winning the nomination. I have not considered Tim Scott seriously.
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:23 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:52 am
Trump's growing GOP challengers revive fears of 2016 repeat

Good, an Rx for losing in the general. I say this with some slight trepidation that we may have a tiny chance of getting Dolt .45.2.

Nikki Haley - TRE45QN stained, plus no way the modern GQP nominates a woman or a non-White.
Fascist DerSantis - Peaking too soon, too much right wingnuttery to win the general, TRE45QN stained....
Larry Elder's Presidential Announcement Sparks Avalanche of Jokes, Memes

... "Black community: nothing could be worse than [South Carolina Republican Senator] Tim Scott," wrote another Twitter user. "Larry Elder: hold my beer."

... "Maybe he just enjoys losing," commented another one in one of many tweets mentioning Elder's loss to Newsom in 2021....
Oh no, he and Tim Scott will split the Black RepuQ vote. :lol: :wave:

One more nail in Fascist DerSantis' coffin. Multi-candidates only help TRE45QN.
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:26 pm
... It also means no ma'am to Noem.
More on Scott, he's got a sugar daddy:
viewtopic.php?p=184652#p184652
Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 12:34 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:56 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:14 pm
O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:47 am
Uncle Tom Scott (R-SC) apparently thinks that the party that has made racism and black/brown bashing a cornerstone of their ummm "platforms" is really going to give him the nomination for President? In what alternative world is this even tabloid fodder?
He'd be dangerous as a VP nominee, though. Is that his goal?
Apparently a person can't just file to run for VP.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1659582821248188417
:D Not technically.

Let's Revisit How Unhinged Tim Scott Is Now That He's Running for President
South Carolina's Republican senator announced at 30 years old that he was a proud virgin and has said Democrats want to legalize the abortion of 3-month-olds.
1312. ETTD.

Supsalemgr
Major

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:18 am
Supsalemgr wrote:

I think he has done well above expectations and I'm a little suprised at Biden's low poll numbers as which I attribute to his age and possibly his speech impediment which may be mistaken for feebleness.

That said, I'd prefer new blood like Newsome but if Biden is the nominee I'll vote for him. There's no one on the Republican side that will appeal to anyone centrist. There may very well be the usual pivot to the middle by the nominee but in this day and age where every move is documented it may be a fool's errand and used against them.

Thinking Tim Scott will garner some of the black vote by virtue of being black is laughable.

Hey Sup, how's Solar's health? Is he going to make the general election?
No recent update on Solar. He is still receiving treatment.

I do not think it is laughable Tim would not get some Black votes which normally go for the democrat. I do not believe it would be a large amount, but it would not take much.