2024 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: 2024 Elections

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Honestly, like most things trump it's nothing more than an empty slogan designed to garner a visceral reaction from his base. His definition of swamp is whatever is convenient or opportunistic solely for him at any given point in time.

"Lock her up" also comes to mind.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:56 pm
Honestly, like most things trump it's nothing more than an empty slogan designed to garner a visceral reaction from his base. His definition of swamp is whatever is convenient or opportunistic solely for him at any given point in time.

"Lock her up" also comes to mind.
Yep, 4 years of DoJ control and Dolt .45 couldn't even manufacture charges against Hillary, let alone find legit ones. He knew it was a lie all along and all those Trumpettes and CPFools obediently chanting, "Lock her up!" just proved how gullible and stupid they are.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:36 pm
Supsalemgr wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:06 pm
You should be a Trump supporter. This is what his "drain the swamp" pledge meant. :)
You do know that was one of his oft-repeated huge lies, don't you?
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:32 am
Update: We Found a “Staggering” 281 Lobbyists Who’ve Worked in the Trump Administration
That’s one lobbyist for every 14 political appointees, and four times more than Obama had appointed six years into office.

https://www.propublica.org/article/we-f ... nistration

Recording Shows That the Swamp Has Not Been Drained
https://www.envirodata.org/news/Recordi ... 0Times.pdf
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:09 pm
Add in Roger Stone and maybe others since Feb.

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:28 am
Trump issues last-minute order attempting to free his appointees from ethics commitments

:roll: , not that anyone should be surprised. :x
... President-elect Joe Biden takes office at noon on Wednesday, and presumably he could just issue a new executive order reversing Trump's....

Biden's planned executive order, Eisen wrote, "restores the fundamentals of the Obama plan, closing loopholes Trump opened—but going further, including new crackdowns on special interest influence. If implemented rigorously (always a big if) Biden’s plan promises to go further to 'drain the swamp' than either of his predecessors."
:thumbup:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:52 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:33 pm
Criminal convictions, etc:
Tom Barrack - trial pending
Paul Manafort - convicted
Steve Bannon - pardoned by TRE45ON before he could face trial
Roger Stone - convicted on seven counts
Rick Gates - convicted
Michael Flynn - pleaded guilty
Michael Cohen - pleaded guilty
George Papadopoulos - pleaded guilty
Elliott Broidy - pleaded guilty
George Nader - pleaded guilty
Allen Weisselberg - pleaded guilty
Then, there are the hundreds of J6 convicts and hundreds more with pending trials, all Trumpettes
Other than Bannon, I haven't bothered to list TRE45ON's wimpy, America-hating pardons and commutations. The convictions are convictions.

TRE45ON isn't just a Former PINO, he's a criminal enterprise.
And you haven't touched on charged, awaiting trial and under investigation.

Plus Bannon is awaiting sentencing.
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:39 pm
Right you are on Bannon, I've edited above.
I did mention that Tom Barrack is awaiting trial.
Who else has been "charged, awaiting trial" besides the J6 idiots?
"under investigation" may include too many to name or even fully identify at this point. Rudy and Meadows are the most prominent, if not also the most likely to be charged.
Facts. Facts. You always resort to Facts. Superduperguy for the stupid people win with platitudes and bumper stickers.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:03 pm

Yep, 4 years of DoJ control and Dolt .45 couldn't even manufacture charges against Hillary, let alone find legit ones. He knew it was a lie all along and all those Trumpettes and CPFools obediently chanting, "Lock her up!" just proved how gullible and stupid they are.
Oh wait, looks like he's trying to drain something after all. :laughing-rolling:

I don't think this is the swamp his supporters had in mind. :thumbup:

Mar-a-Lago pool flood raises suspicions among prosecutors in Trump classified documents case

An employee at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence drained the resort’s swimming pool last October and ended up flooding a room where computer servers containing surveillance video logs were kept, sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"Draining the swamp" was never a good idea in real nature life. And it's no better for an analogy. Lobbyists, like lawyers, get publicly trashed (and some deserve it) but most of them also provide valuable and reasonably accurate information to congresscritters and their staff that helps to keep the congresscritters from making totally stupid decisions. Does anybody think all (or even most or many) know much about the issues that they're voting on?

O Really
Admiral

In honor of supersalemgr's visit, I'll offer some complimentary things about Trump.

(1) he was right in using Title 42 and requiring that applicants for asylum stay out of the country while their application is processed. I'd support that a a regular law. That doesn't mean of course that the rest of his immigration policy wasn't inhumanely cruel and awful, but I'm doing the best I can here to be cordial.

(2) He was right to expedite development of a covid vaccine, did a good job in supporting it. But then he bailed out and became almost an anti-vaxxer of his own vaccine when he had the opportunity to take credit for a good thing.

(3) He was right to orchestrate the US exit from Afghanistan, even though his people ended up blaming Biden instead of recognizing that Biden was carrying out Trump's policy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:27 pm
... (3) He was right to orchestrate the US exit from Afghanistan, even though his people ended up blaming Biden instead of recognizing that Biden was carrying out Trump's policy.
Huge caveat: TRE45QN was wrong to set a deadline, one earlier than the one Biden amended to, and then do zero planning for the exit. That was a set-up for disaster, something Biden did his best to ameliorate in the face of a rapid Afghan Army collapse that few predicted.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:48 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:27 pm
... (3) He was right to orchestrate the US exit from Afghanistan, even though his people ended up blaming Biden instead of recognizing that Biden was carrying out Trump's policy.
Huge caveat: TRE45QN was wrong to set a deadline, one earlier than the one Biden amended to, and then do zero planning for the exit. That was a set-up for disaster, something Biden did his best to ameliorate in the face of a rapid Afghan Army collapse that few predicted.
Do you think that suckersalesmanager is too stupid, or just intentionally ignorant of all the graft and law breaking by trump and family. It almost has to be an intentional ignorance given that trump and family have committed much of their crimes in the open.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:01 pm
Do you think that suckersalesmanager is too stupid, or just intentionally ignorant of all the graft and law breaking by trump and family. It almost has to be an intentional ignorance given that trump and family have committed much of their crimes in the open.
You may follow CPFools closer than I do, but here in BRD Supsalemgr has yet to say whether he supports TRE45QN or will support him. He's merely posted that he likes Scott but thinks that Dolt .45 will be the nominee. Most of us at BRD agree with the latter, depending on criminal cases.

Then, Supsalemgr may not have said that TRE45QN drained the swamp. His " :) " left open the possibility that he was being sarcastic. That's why my reply was a question:
Vrede too wrote:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Not all Trumpers are stupid, maybe not even most other than that core that Trump loves as the "poorly educated." They know what he's like and they don't care. And a lot of them are single-issue people so if Trump will cut their taxes, give them their guns, bash immigrants, support forced childbirth, and thump a Bible occasionally they'll go along with whatever else he does.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:36 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:01 pm
You may follow CPFools closer than I do, but here in BRD Supsalemgr has yet to say whether he supports TRE45QN or will support him. He's merely posted that he likes Scott but thinks that Dolt .45 will be the nominee. Most of us at BRD agree with the latter, depending on criminal cases.

Then, Supsalemgr may not have said that TRE45QN drained the swamp. His " :) " left open the possibility that he was being sarcastic. That's why my reply was a question:
Vrede too wrote:
I don't follow them at all, but supersucker and I go back a long way. Of course he's maga, of course he lies and has zero ability to be sarcastic.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

IF NC is not purple by Nov 2024 I may have found my candidate, the alternative to the “milquetoast neoliberal” or one of the neofascists.

Cornel West announces 2024 run for president as People’s Party candidate

GoCornyGo. He can take Black votes away from GQP VP nominee Scott. ;)

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

You really like those angry curmudgeonly candidates don't you?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:38 pm
You really like those angry curmudgeonly candidates don't you?
You like the pic I chose? ;)

:D :thumbup: 70 :roll: . Tbh though, I would also support a less angry and curmudgeonly younger PROGRESSIVE candidate like AOC or Katie Porter IF NC was non-purple. I can't help it that only Bernie!, Liz! and Cornel go for it. I guess angry curmudgeons don't give a crap after 65 . . . or so I've heard. :wave:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I'd like somebody like:
Newsom
Hogan
Moore
Whitmer

There are others who could probably do a good job if they were elected but that don't have the personality/skills/interest to get elected.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:08 pm
I'd like somebody like:
Newsom :thumbup:
Hogan :| He's heroic, but I'll bet that he would still be Repug on too many policy issues for me. -0-?
Moore Too early in his career IMO, but definitely a pol to watch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Moore
He is one letter away from being Les Moore. :wave:

Whitmer :thumbup:

There are others who could probably do a good job if they were elected but that don't have the personality/skills/interest to get elected.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So exactly who does Pence think his voters are? Not maga people since his "betrayal" of Trump. And not anti-Trump RepuQ's because of his spending 4 years as a Trump toadie. Not RepuQ or unaffiliated moderate sorts because he's always been a right wing zealot. Not even his wife because she's still mad at him for ruining their lives getting tied to Trump. Maybe he thinks he'll steal some those mythical Black votes from Scott.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:44 pm
So exactly who does Pence think his voters are? Not maga people since his "betrayal" of Trump. And not anti-Trump RepuQ's because of his spending 4 years as a Trump toadie. Not RepuQ or unaffiliated moderate sorts because he's always been a right wing zealot. Not even his wife because she's still mad at him for ruining their lives getting tied to Trump. Maybe he thinks he'll steal some those mythical Black votes from Scott.
:D :---P
VP Q-tip had 4 years with nothing to do besides observe the master. It's The Art of the Grift.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Someone has too many Yes Men.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:44 pm
Some of these guys still think The Party of Reagan is still out there somewhere.