2024 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: 2024 Elections

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

When a goat just won't do.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:45 am
When a goat just won't do.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status ... 8522227924
What an ass!

. . . up on the stage.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I think I've admitted that the first person I ever voted for was for Spiro Agnew as Gov of MD. The Dem candidate Mahoney was so awful, so blatantly racist that he was totally unacceptable. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Mahoney

I'm thinking there should be a lot of repugs in NC who'll have a similar story about Robinson in the future and tell the tale of "the time I voted Dem"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:14 am
I think I've admitted that the first person I ever voted for was for Spiro Agnew as Gov of MD. The Dem candidate Mahoney was so awful, so blatantly racist that he was totally unacceptable. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Mahoney

I'm thinking there should be a lot of repugs in NC who'll have a similar story about Robinson in the future and tell the tale of "the time I voted Dem"
You have more faith in the integrity of Repugs than I do. I'll be shocked and thrilled if a lot just don't vote in the governor race.

New fake charity and campaign finance felonies:
Trump-backed charity Border911 may be 'breaking the law' with border-focused push to influence election, some experts say

... Despite a federal prohibition on 501(c)(3) organizations favoring or opposing candidates for public office, Border911 appears to have used its clout as a tax-exempt charity to push for Trump's reelection, the experts said.

That's ironic coming from a group "advocating for strict enforcement of the U.S. immigration laws," said Lloyd Mayer, a law professor at Notre Dame University who specializes in nonprofit organizations.

"You're big 'law and order,' but you're [potentially] breaking the law yourself," Mayer said.
Irony was murdered by the Trump Family criminal enterprise years ago.
In response to an inquiry from ABC News, Homan said any problematic messaging was "unintentional," and that "We are making changes quickly to ensure we stay in compliance with [federal] rules."

He referred any other questions to an attorney working with Border911, Steve Lentz, who told ABC News that Homan has never run a charity before and is still "learning how things work in this space." ...
:bs: :bs: :bs: TRE45QN's team has run charities and campaigned for years, and it's been busted doing both. The mob knows exactly what it's doing.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:35 am
O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:14 am

You have more faith in the integrity of Repugs than I do. I'll be shocked and thrilled if a lot just don't vote in the governor race.

New fake charity and campaign finance felonies:
Trump-backed charity Border911 may be 'breaking the law' with border-focused push to influence election, some experts say

... Despite a federal prohibition on 501(c)(3) organizations favoring or opposing candidates for public office, Border911 appears to have used its clout as a tax-exempt charity to push for Trump's reelection, the experts said.

That's ironic coming from a group "advocating for strict enforcement of the U.S. immigration laws," said Lloyd Mayer, a law professor at Notre Dame University who specializes in nonprofit organizations.

"You're big 'law and order,' but you're [potentially] breaking the law yourself," Mayer said.
Irony was murdered by the Trump Family criminal enterprise years ago.
republicans and Irony dissolved any possible relationship long before trump.

In response to an inquiry from ABC News, Homan said any problematic messaging was "unintentional," and that "We are making changes quickly to ensure we stay in compliance with [federal] rules."

He referred any other questions to an attorney working with Border911, Steve Lentz, who told ABC News that Homan has never run a charity before and is still "learning how things work in this space." ...
:bs: :bs: :bs: TRE45QN's team has run charities and campaigned for years, and it's been busted doing both. The mob knows exactly what it's doing.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fingers crossed. It's unimaginable to me that TRE45QN can win, but it's getting harder to argue with the polls.

2024 North Carolina: Trump vs Biden
RCP Average 2/8 - 3/14:
Trump (R) 49.4
Biden (D) 45.0
spread Trump+4.4

2024 North Carolina: Trump vs. Biden vs. Kennedy vs. West vs. Stein
RCP Average 2/8 - 3/12:
Trump (R) 46.0
Biden (D) 39.3
Kennedy (I) 5.5
West (I) 1.0
Stein 0.8
spread Trump+6.7

The oddballs will draw in some voters who otherwise won't vote at all, but it looks clear that collectively they'll hurt Biden here and perhaps elsewhere. That's too bad, I would have liked at least the option to vote for West or Stein.

Remember, as BRD's lone purple-stater I am open to bribes :twisted:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

New heights of nutty...new (made up) words?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Aberration or the beginning of a trend?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

Doh! I just posted about this in the war on women thread. I also mentioned that the guy whose seat she is taking resigned because he was convicted of voter fraud last year. Hilarious.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:01 pm

“DISINFORMATES AND MISINFORMATES”

Misinformates does have a ring to it
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:

I’ll go with all those Redstone scientific types and aberration for ten.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:23 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:01 pm

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status ... 5418523712
“DISINFORMATES AND MISINFORMATES”

Misinformates does have a ring to it
Mark Hamill Debuts Hilarious List Of Donald Trump’s ‘Best Words’
The “Star Wars” actor has been keeping track.

... During Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, he famously boasted, “I’m very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words.” ...
Mark Hamill

His made up words are fun, (DISINFORMATES, MISINFORMATES, COVFEFE, etc.) but his more-than plentiful misspellings absolutely RULE!👍 Here's but a few: STOLLEN/stolen-HONER/honor-HONERED/honored-TAPP/tap-UNPRESIDENTED/unprecedented-SMOCKING/smoking-SOLE/soul-FRORIDA/Florida-ROLL/role-COUNSEL/council-HEEL/heal-MELANIE/Melania-CAPITAL HILL/Capitol Hill-INFAIR/unfair-SHOEBIZ/Showbiz-MARINE CORE/Marine Corps-BOARDER/border-ROLL/role-LOOSE/lose-LEIGHTWEIGHT/lightweight-GREST/great-HEARBY/hereby &, of course, the always memorable: HAMBERDERS/hamburgers. 🍔🍔
This is merely a partial list, but undoubtedly, we can all look forward to the frequent & numerous misspellings sure to come!

#TheBestWords 🙄
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Chris Christie won’t mount No Labels run in 2024 US presidential election
Former New Jersey governor’s decision closes another door on No Labels, the non-partisan group seeking to mount a campaign

:thumbup: I did not think that he would ever be a TRE45QN-electing spoiler, but it's good to see him announce it.
... “I believe we need a country that once again feels like everyone has a stake in what we’re doing and leadership that strives to bring people together, instead of using anger to divide us.

“While I believe this is a conversation that needs to be had with the American people, I also believe that if there is not a pathway to win and if my candidacy in any way, shape or form would help Donald Trump become president again, then it is not the way forward.”

... Having finally split from Trump over the attack on Congress of 6 January 2021, Christie mounted a 2024 campaign meant to stop Trump being nominated again.

Failing in that aim, Christie dropped out before the first vote. Until Wednesday, he had consistently refused to rule out a third-party bid.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:09 am
Interesting, they're beginning to eat their own, perhaps successfully. Not a good sign for the MAGAT'S.

Embittered Republicans plot to knock off House GOP’s hard-right leader in Virginia primary feud

President Biden's Ad To Welcome Nikki Haley Supporters
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:55 am
GoCubsGo wrote:

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/ ... 5923949988
Doh! I just posted about this in the war on women thread. I also mentioned that the guy whose seat she is taking resigned because he was convicted of voter fraud last year. Hilarious.
Another LOSER, SC3 (rural NW Upstate):
Trump Endorsed Mark Burns Who Called Same-Sex Relationships "Illegal" in 2022
Burns was already caught lying about his degree and military service

... Trump also posted a video showing Burns stating that "God has chosen [Trump] to be the 47th president." Burns ran for Congress in 2018 and 2022, but lost....

In 2016, Burns also apologized for tweeting a manipulated image depicting Hillary Clinton in blackface. Burns has also pushed election denialism and defended Trump against criticism of being responsible for the January 6th riot....

:violin: :crazy:

He's not entirely wrong, though ;) :

... Hershel Walker, Dr. Oz, J.R. Majewski, Kristina Karamo, the list goes on. Trump continues endorsing candidates that are awful even while acknowledging there are other, perhaps more qualified conservative candidates available.
:---P Maybe we'll move this LOSER to the ETTD thread after the primary or general.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

We may be doomed.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I've been wondering lately whether McConnell regrets not urging GOP Senators to convict trump in his second impeachment. Or even whether he would have been able to round up the extra few votes that were needed. Anyway, had he done so, it would have spared all of us this never ending trump bullshit.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:57 pm
We may be doomed.
https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/stat ... 4796406048
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:49 am
I've been wondering lately whether McConnell regrets not urging GOP Senators to convict trump in his second impeachment. Or even whether he would have been able to round up the extra few votes that were needed. Anyway, had he done so, it would have spared all of us this never ending trump bullshit.
Nov 6, 2024 - Reeducation camps, it's the only way.

4 takeaways from Tuesday’s elections

... Biden gets another Gaza brushback

A day after seven aid workers in a World Central Kitchen food convoy were killed in an Israeli military strike in Gaza, more than 45,000 Wisconsin Democratic primary voters checked “uninstructed delegation” on their ballots – another warning to Biden over progressive discontent with his handling of the months-old conflict....

Though Biden remains fundamentally strong with Democrats, the progressive protest votes are piling up alongside broader concerns over his standing in the Arab, Palestinian and Muslim American communities.
Idk how much can be attributed to Gaza solidarity. If I'd chosen a Dem ballot I might have cast a protest vote even before the Hamas attack.
... The latest sign of angst came later on Tuesday, when a Palestinian American doctor walked out of a meeting with Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris and top foreign policy aides, after handing the president a letter from an orphaned 8-year-old Gazan girl begging Biden to “stop (the Israeli military) from entering Rafah,” where more than a million Palestinians, most of them displaced, are sheltering....
:cry:
Trump’s still in a fight for moderate Republicans

... With most of the votes counted, at around midnight ET, Trump was falling short of 80% support in the Wisconsin GOP primary. More than 70,000, or about 12%, voted for Haley, who dropped out of the race but remained on the ballot. DeSantis and “uninstructed” were combining for roughly 30,000 votes.

Added together, upward of 100,000 Badger State Republicans went to the polls Tuesday and checked a box for someone (or thing) other than Trump, a former president who has won the GOP nomination in three straight elections....
:thumbup: More than doubling Biden's dissent.
Republicans win Wisconsin election law battle

Voters in Wisconsin approved a pair of state constitutional amendments, championed by Trump-allied Republicans, that will change campaign and election rules ahead of November.

The first measure will ban the use of private funds to aid in the state’s administration of elections....

The second measure stipulates that “only election officials designated by law” are allowed to perform election-related “tasks.” Republicans said they wanted to ensure that private consultants cannot engage in election administration.
I hate to see whiny, lying, wingnutty MAGAts get any wins, but I'm not sure either measure is a reason to get my knickers in a twist.
Replaced: Oklahoma city leader loses recall vote

The backlash to the deadly 2017 White nationalist gathering in Charlottesville, Virginia, reemerged in an unlikely place on Tuesday: Enid, Oklahoma.

Voters there recalled city commissioner Judd Blevins over his participation in the infamous “Unite the Right” rally, which saw one counterprotester killed and dozens injured, and other connections to a now-defunct racist online forum.

... Blevins said he “felt it was important to protest the removal of statues of American soldiers.”

“It’s important to me,” he told voters. “It’s our history. It’s our heritage. It’s who we are.”

Asked about his comments on the racist online forum, Blevins was less apologetic, according to The Associated Press, saying he wanted to bring “attention to the same issues that got Donald Trump elected in 2016: securing America’s borders, reforming our legal immigration system and, quite frankly, pushing back on this anti-White hatred that is so common in media entertainment.”

Blevins’ past was known, to anyone who reads the local newspaper, before he was first elected in 2023. But activists with the Enid Social Justice Committee eventually got the recall vote on the ballot....
GoAnti-HateActivistsGo! :clap: :clap: :clap:
1312. ETTD.