2024 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

2024 Elections

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :---P

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2024 Elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:08 pm
Trump campaign Contact Us

Actually sent:
It's awful that the election was stolen from you. Please please please plan on running again in 2024. The country will need you more than ever.

(real name and email address given, just in case there's a direct reply. I can always unsubscribe if all I get are fundraising pitches)
Fwiw: I could not think of any "better things to do" with my time.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:18 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:08 pm
Trump campaign Contact Us

Actually sent:
It's awful that the election was stolen from you. Please please please plan on running again in 2024. The country will need you more than ever.

(real name and email address given, just in case there's a direct reply. I can always unsubscribe if all I get are fundraising pitches)
Fwiw: I could not think of any "better things to do" with my time.
Goddamn, hominy, you've given them sustenance....you should have written "please please please run again in 24 because I love seeing you lose" and sign it "hates a loser." I'd also ask how many lies they're gonna throw in with that.....you have to anticipate at all times that the trump clan will without fail ask "do you want lies with that?" It's probably in the fine print of their fundraising racket.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:06 pm
Goddamn, hominy, you've given them sustenance....you should have written "please please please run again in 24 because I love seeing you lose" and sign it "hates a loser." I'd also ask how many lies they're gonna throw in with that.....you have to anticipate at all times that the trump clan will without fail ask "do you want lies with that?" It's probably in the fine print of their fundraising racket.
IMO he would not win, but would wreck the GOP. :twisted:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

They must have deleted the recording by trump. It was truly insane.

I did speak to another nice man about the 1.4 million Florida votes that were stolen by DeSantis. He said that it didn't count because trump won Florida.

Maybe I'll fill out the form.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
I see that you wrote Q-tip:

Mike Pence is reportedly making plans to form a political committee

:clap: IMO Q-tip and former PINO, and perhaps either alone, would suck the air away from any Repugs that could win a general. The Dems have won the popular vote plurality or majority in every election since 1992 except 2004, and that was vs Repugs that mostly weren't traitors.

Excellent work, neoplacebo.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:56 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
I see that you wrote Q-tip:

Mike Pence is reportedly making plans to form a political committee

:clap: IMO Q-tip and former PINO, and perhaps either alone, would suck the air away from any Repugs that could win a general. The Dems have won the popular vote plurality or majority in every election since 1992 except 2004, and that was vs Repugs that mostly weren't traitors.

Excellent work, neoplacebo.
:lol: Yeah, I just wrote "here's what" and proceeded to lay it out for him in the most brutal and blatant way possible. He fainted twice.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:22 pm
:lol: Yeah, I just wrote "here's what" and proceeded to lay it out for him in the most brutal and blatant way possible. He fainted twice.
:-||
Trump fans tout DeSantis as their COVID hero and possible 2024 nominee. But Florida's data tells a different story.

... The gist of the story is that while DeSantis, just 42 years old and still in his first term, formerly “drew national scorn for his stewardship of Florida’s Covid-19 response,” his “resistance to restrictive measures” like mask mandates and the blowback he got for being “divorced from science” has now “strengthened” his standing “among the GOP grassroots and elites heading into his 2022 reelection” — and even inspired “conservative chatter nationwide about a presidential bid.”

“Covid wars launch DeSantis into GOP ‘top tier,’” the Politico headline declares.

Politics and public health are, of course, two very different things. It’s entirely possible, even likely, that the 81 percent of Republicans who continue to approve of Donald Trump will eventually reward DeSantis for owning the libs on COVID. But while dissing a reporter with the line “you can whiz on my leg but don’t tell me it’s raining” is sure to act “like a shot of adrenaline to the conservative grassroots,” as one GOP strategist gushed to Politico, it’s not going to protect anyone from getting sick or dying from COVID....

A dispassionate look at the data suggests that, under DeSantis, Florida’s response has been middling. Overall, the Sunshine State ranks third nationwide in total number of cases, with more than 1.8 million, and fourth in total number of deaths, with nearly 30,000. On a per capita basis, Florida’s rankings on those two measures aren’t nearly as dire — 29th and 27th, respectively — but they aren’t stellar, either.

And unlike many states with more COVID-19 deaths per capita — states such as New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Louisiana — Florida wasn’t caught flat-footed in the first wave last spring. Instead, the death rate in DeSantis’s state has risen over time, even as experts have learned more about keeping people safe....

The overall death rate in Florida (137 COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 residents) is actually higher than it is in California (122). The number of daily deaths in Florida has held steady at a record-high level for the past month; the corresponding number in California has declined by more than 35 percent. And even though about 14 percent of COVID-19 tests in each state were coming back positive a month ago, today Florida’s positivity rate (about 7 percent) seems to have plateaued at a level about twice as high as California’s, which is at 3.5 percent and falling....

But the virus may not be done with us yet. Last month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that if the worrisome U.K. variant known as B.1.1.7 behaves in the U.S. the way it did in Britain — where it fueled a massive winter wave and was found to be about 50 percent more transmissible than previous versions of the virus — then it will outnumber all other U.S. strains by March. A subsequent study showed that B.1.1.7 is now spreading so rapidly here that it is doubling in prevalence roughly every 10 days.

And where is it spreading most rapidly? The same state that served as ground zero for maskless Super Bowl revelry earlier this month: Florida. So far, scientists have detected twice as many B.1.1.7 cases in Florida than in any other state — a full third of the national total....

For DeSantis, what will remain is his Trumpiness, for good and for ill — the anti-elite attitude, the eagerness to buck the experts, the polarizing politics, the fast-and-loose approach to facts, the reluctance to lock down even when the pandemic was at its worst.

The MAGA base is likely to love this, regardless of whether Florida’s numbers ultimately strengthen or weaken DeSantis’s case on COVID-19. Whether other voters end up rewarding him for it, however, remains to be seen.
DeSantis killed granny. :(

I think that Dolt .45 if he runs, his family and Trumpettes will win in 2022 and 2024 primaries and lose in the generals. I hope I'm correct.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

He did exactly what dump did.
Dump handed off the the states, DeSantis handed off the the counties, the counties handed off to the towns and the towns said, what can we do.
I went into 3 small retail stores and bought lunch at a taco truck. I was the only mask wearing customer.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:08 pm
Dump handed off the the states, DeSantis handed off the the counties, the counties handed off to the towns and the towns said, what can we do.
I went into 3 small retail stores and bought lunch at a taco truck. I was the only mask wearing customer.
DeSantis also banned locales from taking more aggressive action.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:26 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:08 pm
Wasn't that only for religious liburty?

And didn't dump do the same or similar? I can't imagine DeSantis doing anything without approval from above.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:39 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:26 pm
Wasn't that only for religious liburty?

No, fta:
... DeSantis fully reopened bars and restaurants last September and refused to let local officials limit capacity during December’s holiday surge, despite weekly reports from the Trump COVID-19 task force — which DeSantis refused to release — urging the state to mandate masks and restrict indoor drinking and dining....
And didn't dump do the same or similar?

No, as you say, "Dump handed off (to) the states ..."

I can't imagine DeSantis doing anything without approval from above.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

In DeSantis vs. Hogan, two competing visions of the GOP for 2024

Idk about DeSantis but Hogan doesn't stand a chance in the modern wingnutty, hateful and stupid GOP.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Rock for president? I’ll run if the people want it, says Dwayne Johnson

... “I do have that goal to unite our country and I also feel that if this is what the people want, then I will do that,” Johnson said when asked about his presidential ambitions in an interview broadcast on the Today show on Monday.

The ex-wrestler did not say which party he would represent or when he might launch any bid for the White House.

His remarks follow an online public opinion poll released last week that found some 46% of Americans would consider voting for Johnson.

Johnson, whose work includes the rebooted Jumanji movie franchise and the TV show Young Rock, joins a long list of American celebrities who have run for political office.

They include Terminator star Arnold Schwarzenegger who became governor of California, former wrestler Jesse Ventura who became governor of Minnesota and former actor Ronald Reagan who become president as did former “Apprentice” star Donald Trump.

More currently actor Matthew McConaughey and former Olympic champion and reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner are reported to be weighing potential runs for governor in Texas and California respectively.
:roll: , but he wouldn't be the first literal or figurative Johnson we've had in the WH.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Between LBJ and Nixon we had two in a row.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I can beat that; the first school I ever attended was Andrew "Big" Johnson Elementary School. I just didn't realize the significance of it at the time.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:32 pm
I can beat that; the first school I ever attended was Andrew "Big" Johnson Elementary School. I just didn't realize the significance of it at the time.
I attended Walter Johnson High School. I don't remember any "johnson" jokes, not even from opposing soccer teams and fans.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 am
The Rock for president? I’ll run if the people want it, says Dwayne Johnson

:roll: , but he wouldn't be the first literal or figurative Johnson we've had in the WH.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:56 am
Between LBJ and Nixon we had two in a row.
:lol:

Speaking of johnsons:

The DNC is reportedly preparing for a potential 2024 presidential run from MyPillow's Mike Lindell

:laughing-rofl: I would donate to his campaign.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

We've got our new slogan.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Let's see.

The best I did was to attend Herbert Hoover junior high.

Somewhere I have stashed away (still) a big "H", which they gave out one year to kids with good grades. That seemed really to piss off the guys on the football team.

Good.