They're Gone....."This board has no forums"

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
DooHickey
Pilot Officer

They're Gone....."This board has no forums"

Unread post by DooHickey »

At 2:50pm, I was reading the "Who is Stephen Black?" thread; I clicked on page two and lo and behold...I got this:

This board has no forums.

Guess Stephen Black complained, or Banni put 'em outta business! :lol:

Last edited by DooHickey on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perspctv
Red Shirt

Re: They're Gone....."This board has no forums"

Unread post by perspctv »

Seems a trend these days.

Try http://forum.heraldtribune.com/index.php. A Florida site but your same BRN sign on works there as well.

Hasn't yet been corrupted by haphazard moderation.

Of course we can always post here.

DooHickey
Pilot Officer

perspctv wrote:Seems a trend these days.

Try http://forum.heraldtribune.com/index.php. A Florida site but your same BRN sign on works there as well.

Been there, read that, not impressed. Seems I recall one of our members has been posting there; don't remember who.

perspctv
Red Shirt

DooHickey wrote:
perspctv wrote:Seems a trend these days.

Been there, read that, not impressed. Seems I recall one of our members has been posting there; don't remember who.
Impressed how?

A forum is but what its members make of it.

I have to say it has been a much better experience than the wackadoodle moderating show BRN became.

DooHickey
Pilot Officer

perspctv wrote: I have to say it has been a much better experience than the wackadoodle moderating show BRN became.
True that, but from what I've read, some of the members think maybe the Admin died because of the proliferation of language
with no admonishments.

AntiAlias
Pilot Officer

Unread post by AntiAlias »

The Spartanburg Forums are gone, too.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Why didn't they do this from the beginning instead of being a group of jackasses? :roll: I figure someone's relative needed some work.

Unread post by Guest »

Changes to Forum Moderation

Recently many of our forum users have regularly been posting things that are a violation of our TOS, the TOS you all agree to by posting on our forums. Our forums are meant to be a place for the community to have constructive and respectful discussions. We’ve also found that this does not work. For the last year we’ve avoided banning users. Recently many of our regular forum users have been making posts on the forums, knowing they are a direct TOS violation, taking their suspension and then coming back in the forums and begin posting the same types of TOS violations. These posts range from derogatory to racist to what could be considered stalking. Effective immediately the following changes will take effect:

1) Users who receive more than 3 suspensions in a 30 day period will be permanently banned from our forums.

2) All forum threads that go off topic will be closed to new posts.

3) Threads created to complain about us closing a thread, suspending a user, or banning a user will be deleted. If you feel the need to discuss any of these issues you can email webmaster@heraldtribune.com.

4) Threads created in the wrong section will be closed. Discuss HT Articles in the Articles section, non HT articles in the Non HT article section, etc.. All other discussions belong in the community section.

WM Team-

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Edit: oops. I see the guest was referring to the S'burg site. Oh, well. I'll leave my post. Meanwhile, you can still access your user control panel on BRN. Wow- my Warning Level is 5. Maybe that's why one time when I clicked the index page, I was told that due to my status, I couldn't access the forums. Boo hoo.

Dear Guest,

What has bothered us since this new moderation began is the inconsistency. For example, in spite of numerous references, r.j.'s post remained, at least until yesterday. I was told it was because he hadn't acknowledged receipt of his warning. Funny that other posts disappear as quickly as they appear.

Nascar, Big Ugly, and Possum were, in my opinion, downright abusive to mthomemama. Their bullying is tolerated, yet when I called them "sexist pigs" I got a warning. Using an everyday term, Getting old is a bitch, was labeled as profanity.

It's difficult to have "constructive and respectful discussions" when you seem to have a double standard. If some of us were to call Big Ugly a hypocrite, or Possum a spoiled brat, we would have received warnings for Disparaging Comments. And don't get me started on Fogle, second only to George Jetson (and his many aliases) on the nasty meter.

Lawson Braswell, Mead Parce, Mr. Fain, Stuart Reasoner, Bob Whitmire, and many others - while they might suggest civility, I truly think all of them would find this heavy handed favoring of the right wing appalling. Indeed, I have spoken with one of the living, and he validated my opinion.

k9

Guest wrote:Changes to Forum Moderation

Recently many of our forum users have regularly been posting things that are a violation of our TOS, the TOS you all agree to by posting on our forums. Our forums are meant to be a place for the community to have constructive and respectful discussions. We’ve also found that this does not work. For the last year we’ve avoided banning users. Recently many of our regular forum users have been making posts on the forums, knowing they are a direct TOS violation, taking their suspension and then coming back in the forums and begin posting the same types of TOS violations. These posts range from derogatory to racist to what could be considered stalking. Effective immediately the following changes will take effect:

1) Users who receive more than 3 suspensions in a 30 day period will be permanently banned from our forums.

2) All forum threads that go off topic will be closed to new posts.

3) Threads created to complain about us closing a thread, suspending a user, or banning a user will be deleted. If you feel the need to discuss any of these issues you can email webmaster@heraldtribune.com.

4) Threads created in the wrong section will be closed. Discuss HT Articles in the Articles section, non HT articles in the Non HT article section, etc.. All other discussions belong in the community section.

WM Team-
Last edited by k9nanny on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Sorry, we no longer have to kneel down to narrow-minded jackasses like the dumb and
dumber run BRN forum. Take your stupid regs and shove them right up your ass, just
try not to do any damage to your brains, or IOW, GFY.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Found it. Must have left that tab open.
Sorry, due to your user status you cannot access any forums
That's a real sincere "sorry".
Se Non Ora, Quando?

perspctv
Red Shirt

DooHickey wrote:
perspctv wrote: I have to say it has been a much better experience than the wackadoodle moderating show BRN became.
True that, but from what I've read, some of the members think maybe the Admin died because of the proliferation of language
with no admonishments.
Not much in the way of moderation - which I find a plus.

Most people are reasonably well behaved.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

This is not directed towards anyone just would have liked to post it on the BRN forums for the mod. is all.

Last edited by Colonel Taylor on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

DooHickey wrote:At 2:50pm, I was reading the "Who is Stephen Black?" thread; I clicked on page two and lo and behold...I got this:

This board has no forums.

Guess Stephen Black complained, or Banni put 'em outta business! :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Surely it's a temporary error.....

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

The link is gone from the home page. Not the one at the top, the one that always displayed a current topic and poster's name in the far right column.
I don't think it's temporary. The S'burg site is gone, too. May not even be our beloved admin/mod's decision, but a command from the new owners.

It's pretty cheesy not to warn us or publicize the impending annihilation of the forum. There's nothing on their abysmal failure of a Facebook page either.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

OMG, Vrede is back in her original form. This should be fun.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Supsalemgr wrote:OMG, Vrede is back in her original form. This should be fun.
Is this your first visit here?
As always, Vrede is in rare form. 8-)
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

I confrimed with BRN administrator that the Forums are permanently removed. Thanks Partisan for the heads up to this forum.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

k9nanny wrote:The link is gone from the home page. Not the one at the top, the one that always displayed a current topic and poster's name in the far right column.
I don't think it's temporary. The S'burg site is gone, too. May not even be our beloved admin/mod's decision, but a command from the new owners.

It's pretty cheesy not to warn us or publicize the impending annihilation of the forum. There's nothing on their abysmal failure of a Facebook page either.

Darn, I was going to post those wholesome family cheerleaders they have plastered on the front page again. :twisted:

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Supsalemgr wrote:OMG, Vrede is back in her original form. This should be fun.
Yeah and here's the picture to prove it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: