Ex President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Ex President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

SC Attorney General regarding the Murdaugh case and its insta-verdict:

'Today’s verdict proved that no one – no matter who you are in society – is above the law,' Wilson said.

Bullshit. Come back and tell us that after you've put away Trump.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:35 am

'Today’s verdict proved that no one – no matter who you are in society – is above the law,' Wilson said.

LOL
"Sometimes we're a nation of laws".
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Nothing but class.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:37 am
Nothing but class.

https://mobile.twitter.com/patriottakes ... 0320995331
:think: I have a bigger issue with the sales of anything other than charity items at a charity even than I do with whether the item being sold is an overpriced "original" or a cheap fake.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:35 am

One opinion we were all holding our breath waiting for :roll: :

OJ Simpson said he believed Alex Murdaugh 'more than likely' killed his wife and son: 'Once the guy's a liar, you can't believe anything he says'

Was aired on one or more of the entertainment shows. We live in a strange country.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Methinks he doth protest too much.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Kinda useless debunking Cult .45, but wth:

Washington Post-ABC News: poll within the poll’s margin of error
Quinnipiac: Biden leading, but within the poll’s margin of error
2 more:
https://www.newsweek.com/poll-that-coul ... mp-1785515
Echelon Insights: Biden beating Trump
Cygnal: Biden beating Trump
Opps.

I can't find that Stormy Daniels was ordered to pay Dolt .45 a penny.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormy_Da ... al_affairs

:lol: :---P

Durham "investigated" for 3 1/2 years and did not debunk a single word of the Mueller Report. His best shots were Sussman and Danchenko, who juries unanimously acquitted. This debate is over for Putin's Agent Orange.

Manhattan prosecutors would not indict on anything where the statute of limitations has expired, duh.

74,223,975 voted for TRE45QN in 2020. There's no evidence for "hundreds of millions" of supporters. Opps.

There's no evidence for Joe or even Hunter "crimes".
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I believe the dumbass raccoon eyed juvenile minded moron and pathological liar is referring to how Stormy's former attorney got busted for cheating her out of money, and he's claiming that somehow is some sort of victory for him. Just more of the "trump; more bullshit" endless loop of nonsense.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:57 pm
Kinda useless debunking Cult .45, but wth:

... I can't find that Stormy Daniels was ordered to pay Dolt .45 a penny.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormy_Da ... al_affairs ...
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:39 am
I believe the dumbass raccoon eyed juvenile minded moron and pathological liar is referring to how Stormy's former attorney got busted for cheating her out of money, and he's claiming that somehow is some sort of victory for him. Just more of the "trump; more bullshit" endless loop of nonsense.
:thumbup:

He had an even more direct victory when Daniels sued him for libel over an obnoxious tweet. "In October 2018, the suit was dismissed on First Amendment grounds, and Daniels lost her appeal in August 2020."

However, I am not finding that Daniels was smacked for damages over it.
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... -in-stormy
Odds are that Former PINO's LYING, again.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 am

For once, not.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna21002

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:10 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 am

For once, not.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna21002
Ah, thanks. Wiki and The Hill let me down.
... "I will go to jail before I pay a penny," Daniels tweeted Monday after the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled against her in the long-running case....
I wonder if she ever paid. Dolt .45 says that he "won lawsuits for hundreds of thousands of dollars against" her, but not that he actually saw any of it.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I don't think the case against Trump has anything to do as to whether Daniels is a bad person or whether she lost a case on another matter. This case is about the $130,000 payoff (by Cohen and repaid by Trump) categorized as a campaign contribution. Whether Daniels is attractive, whether she lost a different lawsuit, or whether Cohen is a shyster is all irrelevant. Trump may understand this, but his long-time habit is just to trash everybody opposed to him - a sleaze-bag trumpian variation of the old lawyer adage: "If the facts are on your side, pound the facts; if the law is on your side, pound the law; if neither is on your side, pound the table."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Yet the real cases against Trump, the big cases against trump slide in oblivion.

"Have we just watched as Jared & Trump walked away with billions after selling out Yemen, Khashoggi, and the United States? With virtually no questions from the mainstream media or Congress?"

https://hartmannreport.com/p/did-jared- ... LQSrozYDBA
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:35 pm
Yet the real cases against Trump, the big cases against trump slide in oblivion.

Yeah, well don't forget that they got Al Capone on tax evasion, despite all his other not-as-provable offenses. I agree with you, but as far as I'm concerned anything they can and will convict him with is better than nothing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:35 pm

"Have we just watched as Jared & Trump walked away with billions after selling out Yemen, Khashoggi, and the United States? With virtually no questions from the mainstream media or Congress?"

https://hartmannreport.com/p/did-jared- ... ut-america
Thanks, fuck Jared and TRE45QN.

Ftr, Idk that the Bidens are getting any $$$ from the Saudis, but:
Joe paid a chummy, fist-bumping visit to MBS;
There's still been no accountability for the brutal murder of Khashoggi;
The genocide in Yemen continues.
:ateeth:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:16 pm
I don't think the case against Trump has anything to do as to whether Daniels is a bad person or whether she lost a case on another matter. This case is about the $130,000 payoff (by Cohen and repaid by Trump) categorized as a campaign contribution. Whether Daniels is attractive, whether she lost a different lawsuit, or whether Cohen is a shyster is all irrelevant. Trump may understand this, but his long-time habit is just to trash everybody opposed to him - a sleaze-bag trumpian variation of the old lawyer adage: "If the facts are on your side, pound the facts; if the law is on your side, pound the law; if neither is on your side, pound the table."
Nutshell.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

FWIW..

This is the first domino, expect others to fall sooner rather than later.

Where a bigger piece of the good news lies is after the Stormy indictment and the trumpaloons don't riot in the streets and destroy civilization the other entities are going to feel a bit emboldened to do what they should be doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:25 pm
FWIW..

This is the first domino, expect others to fall sooner rather than later.

Where a bigger piece of the good news lies is after the Stormy indictment and the trumpaloons don't riot in the streets and destroy civilization the other entities are going to feel a bit emboldened to do what they should be doing.
The football has been pulled away so many times that I'll only believe it's "the first domino" after it's become a domino.

Does anyone know why only the hush money payment to Stormy is being discussed and not the one to Karen McDougal?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:46 pm

Does anyone know why only the hush money payment to Stormy is being discussed and not the one to Karen McDougal?
Trump didn't pay her off illegally.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:51 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:46 pm

Trump didn't pay her off illegally.
There is very little logic in how various payments are construed. If a person accuses me of a wrong, and I offer X dollars in compensation for whatever harm s/he claims, then I would consider that a "settlement." You might consider it a "payoff" or "hush money" depending on whether or not you like me. Alternately, I might consider it a "shakedown" or "extortion." If I've got lots of money, I might consider it "nuisance resolution." Either way, it's not illegal unless the money gets laundered somewhat and claimed as something it's not - like a campaign contribution.