Ex President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Ex President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:42 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:25 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 9:52 pm

Is he toast? Juries like the CSI stuff and there ain't any.
Probably, but the proclamations of innocence, rigged system, biased judge and jury begin again as soon as the verdict is read and the appeal process begins and takes a couple of years.

Not too mention how unfair it is to try a presidential candidate.
Could be the first sitting POTUS that the appeals courts deem to be a rapist.

Also, I saw that he can still be criminally prosecuted for the rape, something made more likely if the civil trial verdict is against him.

It begins.

"I will probably attend (the trial) and I think it's a disgrace that it's allowed to happen, false accusations against a rich guy, or in my case against a famous, rich and political person," the former U.S. president told reporters while he played golf at the Doonbeg resort in southwest Ireland.

"I have to go back for a woman that made a false accusation about me, and I have a judge who is extremely hostile."

He won't attend.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

My understanding is that Carroll has left it to the jury to determine any monetary damages for the defamation (and by implication the rape, itself). So, IF the ruling is against Dolt .45, how much?

I was thinking $1.5M, but then thought of how long Former PINO dragged this out - $3M plus her attorney fees.

Y'all?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:06 am
My understanding is that Carroll has left it to the jury to determine any monetary damages for the defamation (and by implication the rape, itself). So, IF the ruling is against Dolt .45, how much?

I was thinking $1.5M, but then thought of how long Former PINO dragged this out - $3M plus her attorney fees.

Y'all?
It's Manhattan, cost of living is pretty high. :twisted:

The video is in. The posturing is strong in this one.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:49 am

The video is in. The posturing is strong in this one.
https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/ ... 2990465026
No guess on the dollar amount?

"confront this woman"?
The bagpiper-renting, lifelong cowardly, "bone spurs" former Chickenhawk in Chief is cringing from testifying and everybody knows it.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Seems the opportunity to "confront" has passed him by. It would have been called "testifying" in his own defence. Lime that was ever going to happen. The only way he wins this case is if he bought off jurors, which of course is possible.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:43 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:49 am

No guess on the dollar amount?

Sorry, thought it was implied.

>3 million.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:15 pm
Seems the opportunity to "confront" has passed him by. It would have been called "testifying" in his own defence. Like that was ever going to happen. The only way he wins this case is if he bought off jurors, which of course is possible.
No way does he get the 12 jurors needed to win the case. I could see a covert Cult .45 member hanging the jury, and being too stupid to have sought a bribe.

No guess on the dollar amount if she wins?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Nine person jury. I'm guessing they did a good job in voir dire and flushed out any ringers. Trumpets don't hide very well.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 5:22 pm
Nine person jury. I'm guessing they did a good job in voir dire and flushed out any ringers. Trumpets don't hide very well.
Thanks, nine.

Idk, some Trumpettes hide as responsible pols. ;)

Nail in the coffin:
Jurors at rape trial hear Trump defend lewd 'Grab 'em' remarks in new video

... Trump was asked by a lawyer for his accuser, the writer E. Jean Carroll, about the 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape, where he said on a hot microphone that "when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything... Grab 'em by the pussy."

"Historically, that's true, with stars... if you look over the last million years," Trump said in the video deposition taken last October and shown to the jury on Thursday, the seventh day of the rape trial in Manhattan federal court.
Opps. "million years"?
... A social media and marketing expert hired by Carroll told jurors on Thursday that the cost to repair the reputational damage of Trump's statements could range from $368,000 to $2.8 million. Carroll is seeking unspecified damages.
Did someone guess $3 million? :wave:
... U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan said he would give Trump until 5 p.m. ET (2100 GMT) on Sunday to ask to reopen his case for the sole purpose of personally testifying.

Trump has not been in the Manhattan courtroom so far, but on Thursday he told reporters during a trip to Ireland that he would probably attend.
Please please please, accept that rope from the judge. More nails:
... In the deposition, taken last October at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, Trump reiterated his denials of having raped Carroll, whom he called "mentally sick."

"You know it's not true too," Trump said, addressing (Carroll's lawyer Roberta) Kaplan. "You're a political operative also. You're a disgrace."

... "I have to go back for a woman that made a false accusation about me, and I have a judge who is extremely hostile," Trump told reporters while playing golf at the Doonbeg resort.

Judge Kaplan warned last week that Trump could face more legal problems if he kept discussing the case. He did not address Trump's latest comments before trial resumed on Thursday....

Trump has ... accused Carroll of making up the story to drive sales of a 2019 memoir in which she made her claims public.
Nail emphasis:
In deposition played for jury, Trump told E. Jean Carroll's lawyers he had the 'right to be insulting'
"Historically, that’s true with stars," Trump responded when asked about his comments on the infamous "Access Hollywood" tape.

... “I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy,” (Carroll's lawyer Roberta) Kaplan said on the video, repeating Trump’s own words, before asking him to elaborate.

“Historically, that’s true with stars,” Trump responded during the deposition. “If you look over the last million years, that’s what’s been largely true of the stars — unfortunately or fortunately.”

Kaplan followed up by asking Trump, who has denied all allegations of sexual impropriety made against him by multiple women, if he considered himself a star.

“I think I can say that, yeah,” Trump said.

Carroll alleges that Trump raped her in a changing room at Bergdorf Goodman department store in the mid-1990s, and Kaplan also asked Trump, who is not expected to testify in his own defense during the trial, about his quip that Carroll was “not my type.”

Trump responded that he had the “right to be insulting” given the accusation of rape, before telling Kaplan, “You wouldn’t be a choice of mine either, if I’m being honest. I hope you’re not offended.”

Kaplan pressed Trump on his assertion that he had no idea who Carroll was and that he had never met her. She showed Trump a photo taken at a charity event that featured Trump; Ivana, his wife at the time; Carroll; and her then husband.

“I don’t know who the woman is,” Trump initially said of Carroll, before adding, “It’s Marla [Maples, his second wife]. That’s Marla, yeah, that’s my wife.”

Later, Kaplan asked Trump, “I take it the women you’ve married are your 'type'?”

“Yeah,” Trump responded....
:---P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

We've had borders for over a thousand years ( “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”)
Air planes for 250 years
And now celebrities for a million years

And still there are millions who claim him both Jesus and genius

What do republicans do during history class?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:43 pm

I don't think students who go to history class turn into Republicans. Actually I'm not sure those who call themselves Republicans now ever went to any classes. You know how Trump said he "loves the poorly educated."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:21 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:43 pm

I don't think students who go to history class turn into Republicans. Actually I'm not sure those who call themselves Republicans now ever went to any classes. You know how Trump said he "loves the poorly educated."
He went to college. Not that just going is okay if daddy gives them lots of money, but most people had to make grades and we learned things along the way.

How does anyone come up with invisible fighter jets and nuking the eye of hurricanes forming off of the African coast? Wow - invisible jets and hurricanes off the African coast destroyed by our WMDs.

Even little kids should understand that 250 is smaller than 1,000, but dump sees the 1,000 year old border of his 250 year old country.

At first I thought it was funny.

One more edit: take it away Billy

https://youtu.be/N9KGfgg-d8s
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:57 pm
O Really wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:15 pm
Seems the opportunity to "confront" has passed him by. It would have been called "testifying" in his own defence. Like that was ever going to happen. The only way he wins this case is if he bought off jurors, which of course is possible.
No way does he get the 12 jurors needed to win the case. I could see a covert Cult .45 member hanging the jury, and being too stupid to have sought a bribe.

Why only a maga cult member?
What about any one of our 100,000,000 to 200,000,000 dem and repug money cultists? As much as he hates spending, he can access $10,000,000.00 easily. Just think how life could change for a family.
I'm not sure that I could do it, but there have been times when I would have given it a lot of thought.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:43 am
Vrede too wrote:

What about any one of our 100,000,000 to 200,000,000 dem and repug money cultists? As much as he hates spending, he can access $10,000,000.00 easily. Just think how life could change for a family.
I'm not sure that I could do it, but there have been times when I would have given it a lot of thought.
Sorry if I was unclear. Of course any demographic can be bribed, at some risk for the briber and bribed, but I've been discussing Cult .45 volunteers all along.

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 1:20 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:43 am
Vrede too wrote:

Sorry if I was unclear. Of course any type of person can be bribed, at some risk for the briber and bribed, but I've been discussing Cult .45 volunteers all along.

Most of them would do it to Save Ameritrump

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I'm going to say 2.5 million plus attorney fees.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

He's having a bit of a nutty today.

O Really
Admiral

Has it sunk in on anybody just how incredibly stupid Trump's comment about "she's not my type" is? His best phony defence would have been to claim his advances were consensual at first and he stopped when Carroll resisted. That would fit in somewhat with Trump's "grab-em" statement as well as Carroll's acknowledgement that she knew who Trump was and was having light-hearted conversation. Or, he could stick to his story that he may have encountered Carroll in the store and spoke to her (or responded to her) but that there was no attack. But when you say "she's not my type", you're admitting that you may have attacked someone who was your type and, you're treating a sexual assault as if it were a casual attempt to hit on somebody. That in itself should be sufficient to turn the arrow toward Carroll.

And then we have the description of what a person or jurors would have to believe to favor Trump. You'd have to believe that three people would make up a story and be willing to perjure themselves by telling that story under oath and in the glare of international media coverage. You'd have to believe that those women were willing to be ridiculed, generally trashed and suffer social and economic loss in order to set forth that made-up story. You'd have to believe that these three women, who don't have a record of lying were in fact lying in this instance and that Trump, who has a life-long record of lying about practically everything, is telling the truth in this one instance.

The more millions awarded the better. And better than that is the public humiliation and big "L" stamped on his forehead.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:48 pm
Has it sunk in on anybody just how incredibly stupid Trump's comment about "she's not my type" is? ...
It's Dolt .45. His instincts are 'Insult first and full speed ahead.'
1312. ETTD.