Ex President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Ex President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:33 pm
Jurors at rape trial hear Trump defend lewd 'Grab 'em' remarks in new video

... U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan said he would give Trump until 5 p.m. ET (2100 GMT) on Sunday to ask to reopen his case for the sole purpose of personally testifying.

Trump has not been in the Manhattan courtroom so far, but on Thursday he told reporters during a trip to Ireland that he would probably attend.
Please please please, accept that rope from the judge....
Trump will not testify in New York rape, defamation trial

:( :thumbdown:
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Coward
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 12:31 pm
Coward
Sure but at this point it's also the best legal decision. He got off on the wrong foot with what he thought was a "defense" but even so, the time to testify is long gone. Appearing at the end just to insult and lie would have been bad. Too bad he's not doing it. We'd all have enjoyed that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 12:57 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Coward
Sure but at this point it's also the best legal decision. He got off on the wrong foot with what he thought was a "defense" but even so, the time to testify is long gone. Appearing at the end just to insult and lie would have been bad. Too bad he's not doing it. We'd all have enjoyed that.
:headscratch: It was his only time to testify. The defense is not calling any witnesses.

I agree with both of you. TRE45QN is a lifelong coward and he would likely only hurt his defense.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 1:09 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 12:57 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Coward
:headscratch: It was his only time to testify. The defense is not calling any witnesses.

I agree with both of you. TRE45QN is a lifelong coward and he would likely only hurt his defense.
Agreed, but it would be such great fun if he testified.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Are we going to be able to call him a convicted rapist even though it's not criminal court?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 2:19 pm
Are we going to be able to call him a convicted rapist even though it's not criminal court?

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/ ... 5386692611
Sure, let's. There's still the possibility for criminal charges, something about a temporary suspension of the statute of limitations in NY. This should be more likely if this jury rules for Carroll.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 1:22 pm
Agreed, but it would be such great fun if he testified.
I was atheistically praying for it. Verdict tomorrow?
Jury Hears Closing Arguments In Trump Rape Case (both sides)

... Judge Lewis A. Kaplan, who is unrelated to Roberta Kaplan, told jurors that they would begin deliberations Tuesday after he spends about an hour reading them the law that will pertain to battery and defamation, the two allegations they must decide. If they find in Carroll’s favor, they can award damages too.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This could actually be fun, too bad it's on Survivor night.

(O'Reilly sounds like crap.)

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:

9 unanimous jurors, just 3 hours -

Trump is a convicted sexual abuser and liar!
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:46 pm
... >3 million.
$5 million.

TV news: At least 2 of the jurors are MAGA, but they did their duty to the evidence and law, regardless. :clap:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 4:08 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

9 unanimous jurors, just 3 hours -

Trump is a convicted sexual abuser and liar!
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:46 pm
... >3 million.
$5 million.

TV news: At least 2 of the jurors are MAGA, but they did their duty to the evidence and law, regardless. :clap:
Convicted.

Is there a statute of limitations?

I don't even know what state or is it federal where this occurred.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Convicted.

Is there a statute of limitations?

I don't even know what state or is it federal where this occurred.
"convicted" is GoCubsGo's hyperbole, echoed by me ;) . The federal civil jury in Manhattan found in favor of Dolt .45's sexual abuse and defamation victim.
Don't ask me how a New York law enables a federal lawsuit. -0-?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

How long is it going to be before Trump blames his sleaze ball incompetent useless unloyal lawyer for this?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:50 pm
How long is it going to be before Trump blames his sleaze ball incompetent useless unloyal lawyer for this?
You anticipate agreeing with Former PINO? :P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
He'll get to him pretty soon.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A TRUMP HATING, CLINTON APPOINTED JUDGE, WHO WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE SURE THAT THE RESULT WAS AS NEGATIVE AS IT COULD POSSIBLY BE, SPEAKING TO, AND IN CONTROL OF, A JURY FROM AN ANTI-TRUMP AREA WHICH IS PROBABLY THE WORST PLACE IN THE U.S. FOR ME TO GET A FAIR “TRIAL.”
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 7861272906

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 7:08 pm
O Really wrote:
Tacopina is an asshole, or at least has a really good asshole act, but he's not incompetent or stupid. He's got a very aggressive attack-dog approach that works in some conditions and circumstances, but is limited. Think about a car salesman - a pushy hard sell will work with some people, and maybe enough to make a living with, but he'll also turn off and lose a lot of customers. I think Trump should have had a female lawyer for this case - one that is likeable and that jurors can relate to so as to take the edge of how awful Trump is. And the first defence should have been "consensual"

Trump's the real idiot.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:
Tacopina is an asshole, or at least has a really good asshole act, but he's not incompetent or stupid. He's got a very aggressive attack-dog approach that works in some conditions and circumstances, but is limited. Think about a car salesman - a pushy hard sell will work with some people, and maybe enough to make a living with, but he'll also turn off and lose a lot of customers. I think Trump should have had a female lawyer for this case - one that is likeable and that jurors can relate to so as to take the edge of how awful Trump is. And the first defence should have been "consensual"

Trump's the real idiot.
Well sure, but it still sounds like Tacopina is a situational asshole sleazeball incompetent useless, (effectively) disloyal lawyer. ;)
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:

Trump's the real idiot.
Thought Alina Habbidababbida was on the team. Saw a piece of her "interview" on CNN tonight, she's been taking Kellyanne lessons.

She's less lawyer than blowhard campaign mouthpiece. I wanted to throw my remote.

Watch at your own risk.
“I mentioned that there are 15 women altogether who have alleged that Trump sexually harassed or assaulted them,” the CNN host said. When she attempted to ask Habba if she was concerned about any further legal actions being taken in light of the outcome of Carroll’s civil lawsuit, Habba interrupted.

“Are we talking about 2016?” she said.

“All told,” Bash replied. But Habba insisted on trying to argue that Bash simply referencing Trump’s accusers was evidence of some political agenda.

“Are you talking about 2016? Is that the desperation that we’re at right now?” Habba continued.

When Bash was finally able to get her question out without an interjection, Habba instead pivoted to questioning her integrity as a journalist—and suggested her goal was to make Trump look bad.

“No, I think you are concerned that [Trump] is going to win, which is why you are bringing up 2016 things, because you have nothing to bring up,” she said. “And you should be concerned. He is leading in the polls.”
https://news.yahoo.com/cnn-host-dana-ba ... p_catchall

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

What happens if he just doesn't pay?

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:13 am
What happens if he just doesn't pay?
"if"?