Ex President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Ex President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Heh, if E. Jean Carroll were a stock, I'd be tempted to buy as much as I could afford.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

OMG

The Donald is getting desperate. πŸ˜„

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

OMG, there is soooooo much wrong with that. Any first year law student would be bounced for even suggesting that as a good idea. If somebody is being mistreated, you prove it in court - in briefs, in filings, in motions and with evidence. Now, this guy is a real lawyer, and experience in defense of white collar crime. I'm guessing such a missive wasn't his idea. Another one touching Trump and turning to shit.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote: ↑
Tue May 23, 2023 10:29 pm
OMG, there is soooooo much wrong with that. Any first year law student would be bounced for even suggesting that as a good idea. If somebody is being mistreated, you prove it in court - in briefs, in filings, in motions and with evidence. Now, this guy is a real lawyer, and experience in defense of white collar crime. I'm guessing such a missive wasn't his idea. Another one touching Trump and turning to shit.
LOL

It reads like it was dictated by donald.

Are More Attorneys Getting Attorneys? :laughing-rolling:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

There is no one he won't turn on.

And he'll never be smart.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Tue May 30, 2023 8:47 pm
There is no one he won't turn on.

And he'll never be smart.

https://twitter.com/nikiornicole/status ... 7708986370
What a big fat :crybaby: .
A 25% margin is VERY positive.
It's very unlikely that any poll "corrected" its margin from 25 to 34%. Probably different polls and/or different survey dates. CNN says 27%, close to the supposed McEnany statement. Morning Consult says 37%, even better than Dolt .45's claim.

Ftr, "milktoast" is a fine spelling:
noun
a variant spelling of milquetoast
Opps. I’m dying πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really
Admiral

So we know that Trump's hiring "the best" is total bullshit, at least in part because "the best" won't work for him. But one wonders how somebody like Ellis, (light on experience, fired from an entry-level asst prosecutor job, certainly couldn't get hired at any white-shoe firm, probably not at any mid-level firm either) manages to get hired as a "senior legal advisor" to a president*?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Tue May 30, 2023 11:48 pm
So we know that Trump's hiring "the best" is total bullshit, at least in part because "the best" won't work for him. But one wonders how somebody like Ellis, (light on experience, fired from an entry-level asst prosecutor job, certainly couldn't get hired at any white-shoe firm, probably not at any mid-level firm either) manages to get hired as a "senior legal advisor" to a president*?
She tells him what he wants to hear.

Easy peasy.

O Really
Admiral

Wed May 31, 2023 8:36 am

Easy peasy.
Sure but how did she get the chance to do that? Her only actual legal experience was in petty crime defence; she was an instructor at some (probably questionably) unaccredited online college you never heard of. She did write for the "Washington Examiner". Maybe somebody brought something she wrote to Trump's attention. Maybe she praised him in her column. (Is it still called a "column" when the "newspaper" is a website?). Yeah, that's my guess - she wrote something about him that he liked and he gave her a job.

Probably didn't hurt that she's not hard on the eyes. Maybe he thought she was "his type."

Last edited by O Really on Wed May 31, 2023 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Wed May 31, 2023 10:29 am
Wed May 31, 2023 8:36 am

Easy peasy.
Sure but how did she get the chance to do that? Her only actual legal experience was in petty crime defence; she was an instructor at some (probably) unaccredited college you never heard of. She did write for the "Washington Examiner". Maybe somebody brought something she wrote to Trump's attention. Maybe she praised him in her column. (Is it still called a "column" when the "newspaper" is a website?). Yeah, that's my guess - she wrote something about him that he liked and he gave her a job.

Probably didn't hurt that she's not hard on the eyes. Maybe he thought she was "his type."

Pretty much exactly that.

Same thing with Alina Habbidababbida. They're attractive, get his attention somehow and tell him what he wants to hear.

Boom.
In 2019, Habba joined the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey, an eight-minute drive from her law firm.[2][17][19] There, she and Donald Trump got acquainted.[2][19] Habba had never done legal work for Trump when, in September 2021,[9] he hired her as part of his legal team,[17] replacing several well-established lawyers who had worked for Trump for many years but had withdrawn their services, including: Marc Kasowitz, Charles Harder, Marc Mukasey, Jay Sekulow, and Lawrence S. Rosen.[13][20]

Quickly after her hiring, Habba made headlines by filing a $100 million lawsuit on Trump's behalf against the New York Times, three Times reporters, and Trump's niece, Mary L. Trump.[9] Habba also worked on Trump's behalf when he was sued for defamation by Summer Zervos. Trump had called Zervos a "liar" in 2017, after she accused him of kissing her and groping her, without her consent, when she was a contestant on Trump's reality TV show, The Apprentice. In October 2021, Habba filed Trump's countersuit against Zervos, claiming she was trying to stifle Trump's right to free speech. Shortly thereafter, in November 2021, Zervos dismissed the lawsuit. [21]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alina_Habba

O Really
Admiral

It's entertaining how Trump hires these people that any random dude on the street would know isn't qualified, then after they're gone he trashes them for being "disgraceful" or whatever his derogatory term du jour is. Reminds me of what I used to ask clients who poo-pooed some complaining departing employee by saying they're "just a disgruntled employee." "Okay." I say. "Did you hire them disgruntled or did you make them disgruntled?"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-slams- ... 24500.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wed May 31, 2023 12:38 pm
It's entertaining how Trump hires these people that any random dude on the street would know isn't qualified, then after they're gone he trashes them for being "disgraceful" or whatever his derogatory term du jour is. Reminds me of what I used to ask clients who poo-pooed some complaining departing employee by saying they're "just a disgruntled employee." "Okay." I say. "Did you hire them disgruntled or did you make them disgruntled?"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-slams- ... 24500.html
:thumbup: Wouldn't you love to see a reporter put that question to Dolt .45?

'Trump too small.' A small slight from Marco Rubio makes its way into Supreme Court case

I don't have an opinion on the trademark/free speech dispute, but it's hilarious that this is now a SCOTUS topic. :D

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I wondered.
What does Trump's indictment mean? Can he still run for president? Here's what to know

... Can Trump still run for president if he’s indicted?

Yes, Trump can continue his 2024 presidential campaign, even after being indicted again.

"Legally speaking, there is nothing to bar a former president from being indicted for a state crime, running for office – even convicted," said Jessica Levinson, founding director of Loyola Law School's Public Service Institute, previously told USA TODAY. "It really just becomes an issue of, practically, how could you run the country behind bars, if ever came to something like that?"

The Constitution only lays out three requirements to serve as president. You must be:

A natural-born citizen

At least 35 years old

A resident of the U.S. for at least 14 years....
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

It's not surprising that Trump would have his defenders, but it's incredible that as far as I know, nobody has offered any defense that didn't include some version of wuddabout Biden. Or Hillary. Structuring a defense is really pretty easy. It's either:
1. I didn't do it
2. I did it but it's not illegal
3. I did it and it's illegal, but I had a legal reason
4. I did it but I didn't know it was illegal at the time

Nothing related to anything any other person may or may not have done is relevant. If Trump really did shoot somebody in the middle of Madison Avenue and his defense was "but Biden shot somebody in Delaware but nobody noticed" would Trump then be absolved of guilt? The amount of total brain candy that Trumpers have to swallow to defend him is mind-boggling.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

It looks like he got his bent judge.
Trump: β€œWe had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:56 pm
For the time being. I'm not sure she's gonna make it to trial.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:13 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:56 pm
For the time being. I'm not sure she's gonna make it to trial.
MAYBE she's been sufficiently chastened by the Appeals Court. -0-?

Why critics are upset that Judge Aileen Cannon will preside over Trump's new criminal trial

I'm not sure he is gonna make it to trial. Dolt .45 might be smart to seek a deal:

"37 felony counts β€” including 31 counts under the Espionage Act"!
Trump loses two lawyers just hours after being indicted

In their place, Trump indicated that Todd Blanche β€” an attorney he recently retained to help fight unrelated felony charges brought by Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg in April β€” would lead his legal team ...
That went well. :lol:
Trials of Paul Manafort

Or:

Trump Extremists Demand Civil War, Mass Murder After New Indictment

Go for it, wannabe terrorist chicken boys, we're still reeling for the post-NYC indictment Civil War.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

If he doesn't accept some kind of deal, he's way more stupid than even I thought. Problem is, likely none of these so-called lawyers are really going to tell him the truth.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:20 pm
If he doesn't accept some kind of deal, he's way more stupid than even I thought. Problem is, likely none of these so-called lawyers are really going to tell him the truth.
I don't think the lawyers can tell him the truth, he simply refuses to hear it.

If there's a deal it will happen on the eve of the trial or right before the verdict is read.