Ex President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Ex President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:37 pm

(days 1 and 2)

From your lips . . . yes, he could do worse:

Trump Lawyer Joe Tacopina’s Terrible Cross-Examination Gets Even Worse (day 3)

:---P
:lol:

No wonder trump fled to Scotland. Wonder if he'll stay there through the verdict. They're supposed to wrap up this week.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:24 pm

No wonder trump fled to Scotland. Wonder if he'll stay there through the verdict. They're supposed to wrap up this week.
Second accuser takes stand at Trump’s NYC civil rape trial, describes sexual assault on plane: ‘Like he had fifty zillion hands’

C'mon, Dolt .45, post something nasty so that Jessica Leeds can sue you for defamation, too.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:48 pm

C'mon, Dolt .45, post something nasty so that Jessica Leeds can sue you for defamation, too.
For the moment his attorneys have gotten him to shut his yap on this trial.

I'm sure that ends the moment the verdict is read. Bigly.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Well, that's fucking scary.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:54 pm

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 4732881920
Will that be before or after the Mexican-paid wall, healthcare reform, infrastructure bill and deficit reduction?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:38 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Will that be before or after the Mexican-paid wall, healthcare reform, infrastructure bill and deficit reduction?

But the sickophants believe it.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 10:31 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:38 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

But the sickophants believe it.

Similar to what DeSantis is actually doing in Florida. Steal from schools to feed the church. 59% of Florida voters want more.
As scary as another 4 years of trump is, this guy could be worse.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I know - same song, different verse, preaching to the choir, yada. But I really do not understand why my Canada-version MSN gives me almost all-Trump "World News." I don't click any of them so as not to feed the algorithm. Even assuming that some Trump news might be of interest to some Canadians or others who read that version, does anybody care that Trump opened a new golf course, or that Trump Jr. whined about not being on Fox lately? As a matter of "World News"? There's nothing else happening in the "World" more newsworthy than Trump stuff? Maybe the content curators aren't even Canadian - maybe they're secret Trumpers. However, it may just be us, but in our time in Canada and interactions with Canadians in the US, we've yet to come across even ONE who was pro-Trump. And it's not like there's anybody to write a Vrede-style letter to, saying "be better" or something.

Crazy world we live in. Thanks for the soap box time.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:01 am
I know - same song, different verse, preaching to the choir, yada. But I really do not understand why my Canada-version MSN gives me almost all-Trump "World News." I don't click any of them so as not to feed the algorithm. Even assuming that some Trump news might be of interest to some Canadians or others who read that version, does anybody care that Trump opened a new golf course, or that Trump Jr. whined about not being on Fox lately? As a matter of "World News"? There's nothing else happening in the "World" more newsworthy than Trump stuff? Maybe the content curators aren't even Canadian - maybe they're secret Trumpers. However, it may just be us, but in our time in Canada and interactions with Canadians in the US, we've yet to come across even ONE who was pro-Trump. And it's not like there's anybody to write a Vrede-style letter to, saying "be better" or something.

Crazy world we live in. Thanks for the soap box time.
Didn't even know you guys were in Canada. :lol:

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:02 pm

Didn't even know you guys were in Canada. :lol:
We're not yet. For reasons out of our control, we're getting a late start north this year. Maybe get there by Canada Day. But I still get the Canadian version of MSN that's one of my home pages. I use MSN, Google News, and Yahoo, but the all-Trump MSN is getting so annoying I'd ditch it except that I've used it as the or one of the home page(s) since sometime when Compuserve or something was around. It's not like I actually have to read it. It just seems familiar upon opening Chrome.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:16 pm
We're not yet. For reasons out of our control, we're getting a late start north this year. Maybe get there by Canada Day. But I still get the Canadian version of MSN that's one of my home pages. I use MSN, Google News, and Yahoo, but the all-Trump MSN is getting so annoying I'd ditch it except that I've used it as the or one of the home page(s) since sometime when Compuserve or something was around. It's not like I actually have to read it. It just seems familiar upon opening Chrome.
You may have a different algorithm but US MSN has one Dolt .45 article on its home page, plus 2 articles out of 20 in its main scroll (a couple are ads).
https://www.msn.com/

US MSN News has just two Dolt .45 articles on its home page, found after scrolling down a ways, none in its 10 main scroll items.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news

That doesn't feel over the top to me. Better than MSN Canada?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:53 pm

That doesn't feel over the top to me. Better than MSN Canada?
12/13 in the "World News" Section
1 in top headlines
1 in "Money"
1 in top flip-throughs

Maybe I should switch to the US version. Whodathunkit?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:00 pm
1 in top headlines
1 in "Money"
1 in top flip-throughs

Or, give up on "World News" and stick to MSN Canada and MSN Canada News.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:12 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:00 pm
1 in top headlines
1 in "Money"
1 in top flip-throughs

Or, give up on "World News" and stick to MSN Canada and MSN Canada News.
Well, it's not like I actually read that section. I intentionally don't click on any of it for fear of feeding the algorithm. And BTW, since I was on the page making the count above, they added another one to the "Entertainment" section, which seems more appropriate.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:15 pm
Well, it's not like I actually read that section. I intentionally don't click on any of it for fear of feeding the algorithm. And BTW, since I was on the page making the count above, they added another one to the "Entertainment" section, which seems more appropriate.
Ah, it's a section. I thought it might be a distinct homepage.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 4:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:48 pm

For the moment his attorneys have gotten him to shut his yap on this trial.

I'm sure that ends the moment the verdict is read. Bigly.
Trump’s lawyers won’t present defense witnesses in trial over E. Jean Carroll rape allegation

... Trump initially had an expert witness lined up to try to rebut Carroll's claims in the case, but the witness is unable to testify because of "health issues," Trump lawyer Joe Tacopina told U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan.
Opps, the idea of lying for Former PINO makes the expert witness :puke-left: .
The expert was one of only two people on the defense's witness list before the trial in federal court in Manhattan. The other was Trump.

Tacopina told Kaplan at the end of court Tuesday that Trump wouldn't be testifying. “It is his call,” Kaplan replied.
Aww, it would have been fun.
The jury did, however, hear directly from Trump later in the day, when lawyers for Carroll played parts of the videotaped deposition he sat for in October. In one clip, Trump called Carroll's allegations "ridiculous." He said: "It's the most ridiculous, disgusting story. It was just made up."

More of the deposition is expected to be played for the jury Thursday.
Ouch, witness against himself. Another victim:
... Testifying Wednesday was Natasha Stoynoff, a former People magazine reporter who has claimed Trump accosted her in late 2005 while she was working on a story about him and his family at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
The Access Hollywood tape may be a rare moment of Dolt .45 veracity. Who knew?
... Carroll is expected to rest her case Thursday, and jury deliberations are expected to begin next week. Carroll is seeking unspecified money damages.
Is he toast? Juries like the CSI stuff and there ain't any.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 9:52 pm

Probably, but the proclamations of innocence, rigged system, biased judge and jury begin again as soon as the verdict is read and the appeal process begins and takes a couple of years.

Not too mention how unfair it is to try a presidential candidate.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:25 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 9:52 pm

Probably, but the proclamations of innocence, rigged system, biased judge and jury begin again as soon as the verdict is read and the appeal process begins and takes a couple of years.

Not too mention how unfair it is to try a presidential candidate.
Could be the first sitting POTUS that the appeals courts deem to be a rapist.

Also, I saw that he can still be criminally prosecuted for the rape, something made more likely if the civil trial verdict is against him.

Judge Tosses Trump’s Lawsuit Against NY Times, Orders Him to Pay All Legal Fees

... Trump filed the lawsuit in 2021, alleging that the newspaper, three of its reporters and his niece Mary Trump engaged in an “insidious plot” to obtain his private records for a Pulitzer-winning story about his tax issues.

While the court tossed out Trump’s claims against the newspaper and its reporters, the claims against the ex-president’s niece have yet to be ruled upon....

The twice-impeached former president’s claims against the defendants “fail as a matter of constitutional law,” New York Supreme Court Justice Robert R. Reed wrote in his ruling filed on Wednesday afternoon, deeming the paper’s newsgathering as being at “the very core of protected First Amendment activity.”
:---P TRE45QN hates the Constitution.
... After her uncle initially filed his lawsuit in September 2021, Mary Trump told The Daily Beast: “I think he is a fucking loser, and he is going to throw anything against the wall he can. It’s desperation. The walls are closing in and he is throwing anything against the wall that will stick. As is always the case with Donald, he’ll try and change the subject.”
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:42 pm

I'll second that!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:24 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:37 pm

(days 1 and 2)

From your lips . . . yes, he could do worse:

Trump Lawyer Joe Tacopina’s Terrible Cross-Examination Gets Even Worse (day 3)

The love he's receiving is palpable.