Ex President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Ex President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

Henderson County used to have electronic voting. It dumped that and went to paper ballots. The only flaw is if people don't fill in the ovals completely - fie on them. Then, each voter feeds the ballot into a machine reader - not connected to the internet. Internal hacking is possible, but the paper ballots are retained for double checking and even hand recounting if needed. Works for me.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:23 pm
Henderson County used to have electronic voting. It dumped that and went to paper ballots. The only flaw is if people don't fill in the ovals completely - fie on them. Then, each voter feeds the ballot into a machine reader - not connected to the internet. Internal hacking is possible, but the paper ballots are retained for double checking and even hand recounting if needed. Works for me.

Didn't know it changed, I always thought it was good. A running record printed on the machine when you recorded your vote.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Heh heh. I said I don't like paper, but I haven't voted in person for many years - only mail-in/drop off. So I guess I do like paper.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

That's funny, O Really.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:53 pm
Didn't know it changed, I always thought it was good. A running record printed on the machine when you recorded your vote.
I was okay with it, a paper printout in the machine that we could view. I either forgot the discussion about changing over or never paid attention to it in the first place. An HT-N search might turn up the reasoning and the cost.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:12 pm
I don't like paper. If the machines aren't connected to the internet (as they aren't now), the likelihood of massive hacking is small. But if there must be paper, you color idea is a good one. Somebody's going to complain that it discriminates against the color blind (opps chromatically challenged) people.

BTW, you probably do, too, but I remember the hanging chad ballots. They really were confusing, that was no bs - I thought that when I voted, but had no idea how much trouble it would cause.
I hadn't thought about the chromatically challenged. My bad.

Yeah, even a republican should recognize problems with a ballot that would read differently depending on which direction it was put into the counting machine.

I still have problems with computers. Especially after Mitch and others tallied 10 to 20 percent above where they were polling. Dominion wasn't involved, but the company that came up with these crazy numbers ¿promised? that they could no longer access their machines remotely as they could in 2016.
I forget the name, but they went by 3 letters and stange numbers appeared everywhere they were needed.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:37 am

Yeah, even a republican should recognize problems with a ballot that would read differently depending on which direction it was put into the counting machine.

I still have problems with computers. Especially after Mitch and others tallied 10 to 20 percent above where they were polling. Dominion wasn't involved, but the company that came up with these crazy numbers ¿promised? that they could no longer access their machines remotely as they could in 2016.
I forget the name, but they went by 3 letters and strange numbers appeared everywhere they were needed.
-0-? Diebold (DESI/GES/PES/ES&S) was infamous for being Repug run. Ironically, after a series of transactions it was acquired by Dominion Voting Systems. I don't think it's GQP anymore. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_E ... _Solutions
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:06 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:37 am

I forget the name, but they went by 3 letters and strange numbers appeared everywhere they were needed.
-0-? Diebold (DESI/GES/PES/ES&S) was infamous for being Repug run. Ironically, after a series of transactions it was acquired by Dominion Voting Systems. I don't think it's GQP anymore. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_E ... _Solutions
ES&S was the machine used in several states were voting rans 10 to 20% higher for republicans than all polls were showing. Mitch was the biggest winner.

They somehow were able to shut down democrats concernes before the 2020 election by simply stating that they could no longer manipulate votes from remote locations.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

🙄
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:bs:

Trump Steamrolls Tucker Carlson on His Own Show

Tucker Carlson leaked texts calling Trump a ‘demonic force’ resurface after ‘humiliating’ interview
‘This interview is just an hour-long exercise in complete humiliation for Tucker’

It's good to see Tucker turned into a chastened lapdog, even if it's by Dolt .45.
Trump... I did a great job on the environment. I saved many birds from the wind turbines. Many of which have flown to Mar a Lago to personally thank me. Others have written me beautiful letters. Putin says I should have been an ornithologist because no one knows more about birds than me. It's like a gift. It just comes natural to me, like being better than everyone else.
Forgot to mention the birds had tears in their eyes
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump's tale of crying Manhattan court employees was 'absolute BS,' law enforcement source says

Opps.
"They were crying, they were throwing rose petals to create a walkway, they were grabbing my hand and kissing it, it brought a tear to my eye that these good people were here to show their appreciation".
They were shouting "Hosanna" while throwing palms on the ground so my heel spurs would not hurt.
There should be mental health tests to ensure that we don't elect candidates who are suffering from full-blown delusions and hallucinations.

I have told plenty of lies in my life, but never have I claimed that people were bawling and crying and grabbing my hand to tell me I'd be vindicated... This is the kind of thing that would make a normal, sane person want to sink into the ground with embarrassment, not bray it all over creation.
I was crying too. It was tears of joy!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:11 pm

Opps.
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Opps.

The modern tragedy is not so much TRE45QN's 30K+ lies in 4 years nor his ongoing lying since being evicted from public housing, but rather the millions of still adoring worshipers, some posting in the Comments under this article, who swallow the lies and defend them or desperately deflect from them with incessant whataboutism.

The Cult .45 is a blight upon America and the world.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:34 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Opps.

The modern tragedy is not so much TRE45QN's 30K+ lies in 4 years nor his ongoing lying since being evicted from public housing, but rather the millions of still adoring worshipers, some posting in the Comments under this article, who swallow the lies and defend them or desperately deflect from them with incessant whataboutism.

The Cult .45 is a blight upon America and the world.
Fetishism.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I've complained about this before but again, in my Canadian-version MSN category "World News" 7 of 7 lead articles are Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump. "World News", seriously?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:51 am
I've complained about this before but again, in my Canadian-version MSN category "World News" 7 of 7 lead articles are Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump. "World News", seriously?
Ugh.

Yahoo News, nada until #8:
Jimmy Kimmel Comes Right Out And Says It About Trump

... “Nobody talks about nuclear, the problem we have, the biggest problem we have in the whole world, it’s not global warming. It’s nuclear warming,” Trump said.

“What is this batty old man talking about?” Kimmel said, then described his internet search for more information on “nuclear warming” that came up empty. “The reason nobody’s talking about nuclear warming is because that’s not a thing.”

All this led Kimmel to one inescapable conclusion about the former president.

“It did make one thing very clear: The fact that Donald Trump is a profoundly stupid person,” Kimmel said. “I think it’s important to remember that. He does not have the best words, he’s not a stable genius, that mental competency test he’s always bragging that he passed? It’s something the average 7-year-old could pass.”
:lol: I'm okay with that Dolt .45 article.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Un freaking hinged.

Isn't he overdue for a dehabilitating stroke?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Hell in a bucket

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:25 pm
Hell in a bucket
If TRE45QN wins it's a Get Out of Jail Free card for we old White stoners. 8-)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

How stupid do you have to be to want this idiot to lead our country?

...Nobody talks about nuclear, the problem we have, the biggest problem we have in the whole world, it’s not global warming. It’s nuclear warming,” Trump said"

But the cult goes on and on and on
Nuclear warming keeps pounding a rhythm in my head
La de da de de, la de da de da

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Didn't really know where to post this.

Wishful thinking aside, is there an actual endgame here?