Sedition

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Sedition

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:33 pm
I didn't know that. Also that he shot out his own eye in a gun "accident."
Where's our press?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:24 pm
I didn't know
"Congressman Ron Paul’s former staffer, Elmer Stuart Rhodes, leader of the Oathkeepers"

https://open.substack.com/pub/thomhartm ... e-conspire
Did Some in Our Federal Police Conspire to Overthrow America?
Was there a conspiracy — even if it only involved a handful of people — at the highest levels of our government to end the American Experiment that was only defeated by sheer luck?

Bastards. Is the J6 Committee ignoring this?
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:57 pm
O Really wrote:
Where's our press?
It's in Wiki, which cites the NYT and LA Times.
I didn't know either one, nor am I surprised by either.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:04 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:24 pm
I didn't know
"Congressman Ron Paul’s former staffer, Elmer Stuart Rhodes, leader of the Oathkeepers"

https://open.substack.com/pub/thomhartm ... e-conspire
Did Some in Our Federal Police Conspire to Overthrow America?
Was there a conspiracy — even if it only involved a handful of people — at the highest levels of our government to end the American Experiment that was only defeated by sheer luck?

Bastards. Is the J6 Committee ignoring this?
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:57 pm
O Really wrote:
Where's our press?
It's in Wiki, which cites the NYT and LA Times.
I didn't know either one, nor am I surprised by either.
Although worrying, I'm less worried about the J6 than our AG seeming to be a trump protector. He could have prosecuted these seditious traitors.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:08 am
Although worrying, I'm less worried about the J6 than our AG seeming to be a trump protector. He could have prosecuted these seditious traitors.
IF Merrick is de facto MAGA, which I don't deny, all we've got is the J6 Committee to look into LEOs and/or the military abetting the terrorists, and if they haven't done so already it's too late.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

True

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Wow.

Good on them.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Breaking: The J6 Committee WILL make criminal referrals. Details to follow.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:16 pm
Wow.

Good on them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkows ... 7400033285
All of them! :thumbup: Moscow Mitch was left grasping air, lol. McCarthy didn't even bother extending his hand.
Very rude.
Yes it was indeed very rude of the republicans to vote against a resolution honoring the Capitol police. It was rude of them to bail on a moment of silence for the fallen police officers. & lastly it was very rude of them to support the man who incited the violence to begin with
:---P
They’re getting 100% of the respect they deserve 😶
The flip side of "do unto others" is "when people treat you like crap, you don't need to be nice to them anymore."
Lucky they weren't slapped.
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Or fish slapped.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:17 pm
Or fish slapped.
Speaking of fish slapping:
House Jan. 6 committee recommends criminal charges against Trump

... Lawmakers recommended charges on four counts stemming from Trump’s monthslong effort to stay in power after his election defeat — obstruction of an official proceeding, conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to make a false statement and efforts to incite, assist, or aid or comfort an insurrection.

The panel voted unanimously to send the criminal referrals to the Justice Department. The referrals, which mark the first time that the House has recommended criminal charges against a former president, do not guarantee that Trump will be indicted — but they do add to the evidence being weighed by the Justice Department and special counsel Jack Smith in its own investigation of Trump.

Members of the panel argued that Trump’s efforts to overthrow the election results — including pushing unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud and urging his supporters to send fake electors to Washington — form enough evidence for federal prosecutors to win a conviction against the former president....

The House committee made criminal referrals against John Eastman, a lawyer and Trump loyalist who aided the former president's efforts to overturn his election loss, on the same charges except the insurrection offense.

The panel also recommended the House ethics committee investigate colleagues who brushed aside congressional subpoenas seeking testimony on their knowledge and efforts about the Jan. 6 attack — including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., and Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa....
:---P Good, but what about the rest of the cesspool of traitors - Lindsey, Meadows, Rudy and Pillow guy on down to the fake electors and the entire Cult .45 accessories after the fact?
Mar-a-Lago just received a pallet of cases of ketchup.
Somewhere in Mar-a-Lago is an undocumented South American migrant worker dodging ketchup bottles
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

All involved will proudly accept their Medals of Freedom.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:25 am
:D Good post, billy:
Trump should be in jail for treason right NOW. Somebody wake that cowardly weakling Gutless Garland out of his coma and MAKE him do his job! Sleepy Joe, that means YOU.
Thoughtful response:
Easy there Bucko. We're talking about possible charges of insurrection against a former president of the United States. This is quite possible the most serious case the federal government has ever brought to bear. It shouldn't be rushed. Every "i" needs to be dotted and every "t' crossed. That's the way it's got to be.
-0-?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:17 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:25 am
:D Good post, billy:
Trump should be in jail for treason right NOW. Somebody wake that cowardly weakling Gutless Garland out of his coma and MAKE him do his job! Sleepy Joe, that means YOU.
Thoughtful response:
Easy there Bucko. We're talking about possible charges of insurrection against a former president of the United States. This is quite possible the most serious case the federal government has ever brought to bear. It shouldn't be rushed. Every "i" needs to be dotted and every "t' crossed. That's the way it's got to be.
-0-?
And Garland is just the Slow Walker we need to drag his non - investigation into a big smoky hole of magaism.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:36 pm

And Garland is just the Slow Walker we need to drag his non - investigation into a big smoky hole of magaism.
I'm not convinced that Garland is maga or that he has intent to protect Trump. I think a more likely explanation is that sometime before being named AG, he had a backbonectomy causing him to constantly bend over backwards to avoid doing anything for which he might be blamed. Probably his belly is the color of a canary.

But then, I generally follow the idea not to attribute to malice what can be more easily explained by incompetence.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:01 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

I'm not convinced that Garland is maga or that he has intent to protect Trump. I think a more likely explanation is that sometime before being named AG, he had a backbonectomy causing him to constantly bend over backwards to avoid doing anything for which he might be blamed. Probably his belly is the color of a canary.

But then, I generally follow the idea not to attribute to malice what can be more easily explained by incompetence.
You are likely right.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:05 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:01 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

You are likely right.
Is there a third option, like very competent at cautiousness to the point of inaction?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:15 pm

Is there a third option, like very competent at cautiousness to the point of inaction?
Indecision can certainly cause inaction. He may also be caught in a repel-repel decision choice where there is no good answer. If your choice is repel-attract, then you have no conflict because the preferred way is clear. If your choice is attract-attract, there is mild conflict because both are satisfactory. But if you have repel-repel, the conflict is great because you not only don't want to decide but you don't want either result. He knows he's opening Pandora's box with an indictment and will be living in a maelstrom. On the other hand, he doesn't like Trump getting away with all his crime. So neither choice is attractive.

May even be true, but it's no excuse. Do your effin' job, Merrick.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:22 pm

May even be true, but it's no excuse. Do your effin' job, Merrick.
Surely this was well in the realm of possibilities before he accepted the job. If he can't make the tough call get out of the kitchen.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

On second thought cautiousness to the point of inaction isn't all that different from incompetent.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:39 pm
On second thought cautiousness to the point of inaction isn't all that different from incompetent.
He's had 2 years and he's done nothing. He didn't need the House's investigation, there was far too many cri.es he could have investigated on his own, or at the request of others. He ignored the National Archives request for 8 or 10 months before being shamed into doing something.

Biden is complicate, or he would have appointed someone else. This decision was obviously made before he was appointed, similar to Pelosi announcing that no one in the bush administration would be prosecuted for war crimes.

I fail to understand why people give him credit for anything other than planning and exercising a Slow Walk to a republican House and an end to the investigation.
Fuck Merrick and the Biden he rode in on.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Somewhere in this calculus is how likely is a conviction?

There's obviously enough to indict for the documents.

Where's the jurisdiction? Florida or DC?

Besides the trumpaloon public brooha that's sure to happen, it only takes one nutjob on the jury to hang it.

But that's obviously political and shouldn't be a factor but apparently is.

Get out of the kitchen Merrick.