Sedition

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Sedition

Unread post by O Really »

He probably noticed everything. But I'm with GoCubsGo and billy.p. It's time for action.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:24 am
Orange man unhappy.

O Really wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:39 am
Y'know, if, before Trump was in office*, somebody posted stuff like that it would have been relegated to the pages of the chase for the Rothchilds, the illuminati, and Hillary's space alien baby. Now it's taken as close to mainstream commentary. Maybe not the Rothchilds and the illuminati, but all the rest.
Worse than wingnuttery, it would have elicited the same revulsion we used to have for Nazis, the KKK and other terrorists.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri May 05, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:09 pm
Can you possibly explain why at least some charges haven't been filed? Especially as this appears to be a slam dunk?

Can't they always add more at a later date if needed?

What am I missing here?

Spiro’s Ghost
@AntiToxicPeople

Oh my god. I barely know what to even say..except the last part is completely insane.
Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 1:56 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 1:42 pm
I'm guessing that Garland doesn't want to seem to be harassing or filing nuisance charges and wants to take the one big swipe he'll get with as much as he can.
The docs case along with J6 is mostly in Jack Smith's hands. If there's usable evidence in the tweet I'll bet he's noticed.
O Really wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 2:55 pm
He probably noticed everything. But I'm with GoCubsGo and billy.p. It's long past time for action.
Ftfy. "Patience," we are told:

Justice Dept. Intensifying Efforts to Determine if Trump Hid Documents
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

DOJ may have to get in line.

GoFaniGo!

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:06 pm
DOJ may have to get in line.

GoFaniGo!

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/sta ... 3613101056
No paywall:
At least 8 fake electors have been granted immunity in the Georgia Trump investigation

... The newly secured cooperators could offer insights into a key prong of Willis’s sprawling investigation into election interference: the attempts to put forward alternate slates of electors to block the certification of the 2020 presidential vote and the role Trump’s allies played in organizing the effort.

Other Republicans who served as pro-Trump electors could still face legal exposure in her investigation, according to people familiar with the matter....
I hope the gains are worth letting these 8 skate.

Man gets 14 years in 1/6 case, longest sentence imposed yet

A Kentucky man with a long criminal record was sentenced Friday to a record-setting 14 years in prison for attacking police officers with pepper spray and a chair as he stormed the U.S. Capitol with his wife.

Peter Schwartz’s prison sentence is the longest so far among hundreds of Capitol riot cases. The judge who sentenced Schwartz also handed down the previous longest sentence — 10 years — to a retired New York Police Department officer who assaulted a police officer outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Prosecutors had recommended a prison sentence of 24 years and 6 months for Schwartz, a welder.

U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta sentenced Schwartz to 14 years and two months in prison, followed by three years of supervised release....
:thumbup: :---P
Schwartz was armed with a wooden tire knocker when he and his then-wife, Shelly Stallings, joined other rioters in overwhelming a line of police officers on the Capitol’s Lower West Terrace, where he threw a folding chair at officers....

Schwartz, 49, also armed himself with a police-issued “super soaker” canister of pepper spray and sprayed it at retreating officers. Advancing to a tunnel entrance, Schwartz coordinated with two other rioters, Markus Maly and Jeffrey Brown, to spray an orange liquid toward officers clashing with the mob....

Stallings pleaded guilty last year to riot-related charges and was sentenced last month to two years of incarceration.
:thumbup: :---P
Schwartz was tried with co-defendants Maly and Brown. In December, a jury convicted all three of assault charges and other felony offenses.

Mehta sentenced Brown last Friday to four years and six months in prison. Maly is scheduled to be sentenced June 9.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :---P :---P
Schwartz’s attorneys requested a prison sentence of four years and six months. They said his actions on Jan. 6 were motivated by a “misunderstanding” about the 2020 presidential election. Then-President Donald Trump and his allies spread baseless conspiracy theories that Democrats stole the election from the Republican incumbent.

“There remain many grifters out there who remain free to continue propagating the ‘great lie’ that Trump won the election, Donald Trump being among the most prominent....
Lock him up!
Schwartz has raised over $71,000 from an online campaign entitled “Patriot Pete Political Prisoner in DC.” Prosecutors asked Mehta to order Schwartz to pay a fine equaling the amount raised by his campaign, arguing that he shouldn’t profit from participating in the riot.
:headscratch: No mention of whether Mehta did or didn't do that. Bleed him dry!
Schwartz was on probation when he joined the Jan. 6 riot. His criminal record includes a “jaw-dropping” 38 prior convictions since 1991, “several of which involved assaulting or threatening officers or other authority figures,” Bond wrote.
Typical Trumpette.
... More than 100 police officers were injured during the riot. More than 1,000 people have been charged with federal crimes related to Jan. 6. Nearly 500 of them have been sentenced, with over half getting terms of imprisonment.

The 10-year prison sentence that Mehta handed down in September to retired NYPD officer Thomas Webster had remained the longest until Friday. Webster had used a metal flagpole to assault an officer and then tackled the same officer as the mob advanced toward the Capitol.
GoMerrickGo!
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:50 pm

... The newly secured cooperators could offer insights into a key prong of Willis’s sprawling investigation into election interference: the attempts to put forward alternate slates of electors to block the certification of the 2020 presidential vote and the role Trump’s allies played in organizing the effort.

Other Republicans who served as pro-Trump electors could still face legal exposure in her investigation, according to people familiar with the matter....

[/quote]
I don't have a problem with letting some go-alongs-to-get-alongs skate if it helps bring down the real instigators. And granting immunity isn't done cheaply and not without a lot of strings (chains?) attached. The immunity-hopeful has to be believed to have valuable information; s/he has to describe generally the information they'll provide; they have to provide the information in detail and agree to testify if needed/requested. If at any point they lie or renege, their immunity is pulled and they'll be in worse trouble than they were to start with.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:31 pm
Vrede too wrote:

I don't have a problem with letting some go-alongs-to-get-alongs skate if it helps bring down the real instigators. And granting immunity isn't done cheaply and not without a lot of strings (chains?) attached. The immunity-hopeful has to be believed to have valuable information; s/he has to describe generally the information they'll provide; they have to provide the information in detail and agree to testify if needed/requested. If at any point they lie or renege, their immunity is pulled and they'll be in worse trouble than they were to start with.
I agree with all of that, but it's not like prosecuting any of the masterminds has been successful yet :problem: . Worst case is if the immune don't get those real instigators convicted even if they satisfy the immunity conditions.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:28 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:31 pm
Vrede too wrote:

I agree with all of that, but it's not like prosecuting any of the masterminds has been successful yet :problem: . Worst case is if the immune don't get those real instigators convicted even if they satisfy the immunity conditions.
You can register for a free wapo account, gets a lot of stuff. They'll spam your email but you can unsubscribe.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:53 pm
You can register for a free wapo account, gets a lot of stuff. They'll spam your email but you can unsubscribe.
Thanks, not worth it to me yet. If I start finding that there are stories that I can't access at all I may go for it.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:11 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thanks, not worth it to me yet. If I start finding that there are stories that I can't access at all I may go for it.
Or if only you knew somebody who actually has a WaPo subscription to post it for you. Who oh who could that be?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:16 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:11 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Or if only you knew somebody who actually has a WaPo subscription to post it for you. Who oh who could that be?
:D True, but no need for anyone to make it automatic. If I need the help, I'll ask. In this case many outlets are covering the traitorous electors story. I chose CNN out of habit, but I don't like it as much as I used to. Same is true for WaPo after Besos bought it, though its integrity remains intact AFAIK.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

DOJ charges 'Pink Beret' Jan. 6 rioter IDed after an ex spotted her in a viral FBI tweet

“Insurrection Eva Braun”
“fascist Matilda”
“Emily in-carceration”

From Sacramento

Ouch.
Busted.
Thought she got away with it for 2 1/4 years.
Busted by an ex.
That's gotta hurt.

Lock her up!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

They built a new life near Charlotte after Jan. 6. Now, husband, wife are going to prison.

... Dale “D.J.” Shalvey and Tara Stottlemyer, who run a regenerative cattle and poultry farm 45 miles north of Charlotte, have become North Carolina’s first husband and wife sentenced to prison for their roles in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol.

On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly of Washington ordered Shalvey and Stottlemyer to serve 41 and eight months, respectively. They will begin their sentences at a later date.

Kelly, who was appointed to the bench by former President Donald Trump, also ordered both to serve 24 months of supervised release. Stottlemyer will spend the first third of hers on home detention.

Assistant U.S. Attorney General Anthony Franks had recommended a 51-month sentence for Shalvey and 18 months for Stottlemyer.
:violin: :violin:
... Now, Shalvey and Stottlemyer, both 38, are set to become the ninth and 10th North Carolinians imprisoned for Jan. 6 crimes, for terms ranging from nine days to 44 months. At least 28 N.C. residents have been federally charged.

Nationwide, more than 1,000 arrests have been made, leading to more than 650 convictions. The Capitol violence has been linked to at least five deaths, injuries to some 140 police officers, and more than $2.8 million in damage to the building....
GoNCGo :roll:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

These "witnesses" aren't going very well for the GQP:

Jim Jordan Freaks Out When Dem Confronts Him With House Rules

:violin:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 8:20 pm

The shitshow is going exactly as expected.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 9:16 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 8:20 pm

The shitshow is going exactly as expected.
:clap: Molester-abettor Jordan is incapable of exceeding expectations no matter how well publicized they are.

Cop Charged With Feeding Info to Proud Boys Boss

Shane Lamond — a Washington, D.C., police lieutenant whose texts with Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio were featured in the group’s seditious conspiracy trial — was arrested on Friday on charges of obstructing an investigation and lying to federal law enforcement.

Tarrio and three other Proud Boys were convicted of sedition for their connection to the Capitol riot earlier this month ...

The indictment lays out the extent to which Lamond had been communicating with Tarrio. The two were in regular contact beginning in the summer of 2019, with Lamond feeding Tarrio confidential law enforcement information to Tarrio as early as the summer of 2020.

They were also in touch following the Capitol riot. “Of course I can’t say it officially, but personally I support you all and don’t want to see your group’s name or reputation dragged through the mud,” Lamond wrote the extremist leader on Jan. 8, 2021.
This article doesn't discuss possible penalties, but AFAIK lying to federal law enforcement is a felony. LOCK HIM UP!
They should lock him in a room with some of the cops he betrayed!
Cops don't fare well in prison.....enjoy.
Right-wing extremists are infiltrating the police and military, as we saw on 1/6, the terrorism threat to America comes from within.
Another loser, just like Trump.

Twitter:
Traitors deserve the worst
What happened that turned these people into traitors. Trump?
That’s Conspiracy and Seditious Insurrection, no?
Remember what trump said about traitors?

As an former 🇬🇧 cop this sort of thing make we want to 🤮. There is nothing worse than dirty cop… especially an extremist dirty cop.
That's the look of a man who doesn't return the shopping cart.
:D
:thumbup: 1312.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Capitol Hill riot: Judge gives 54-month sentence to Jan. 6 rioter who put feet up on desk in Nancy Pelosi's office

A federal judge sentenced Richard “Bigo” Barnett, one of the most infamous Capitol rioters, on Wednesday to 54 months in prison after he was photographed putting his feet up on a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s suite of offices and jotted her an insulting note in which he referred to her as a "biotch."

U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper basically split the difference between prosecution and defense requests.

Prosecutors had sought a sentence of more than seven years. But lawyers for Barnett, 63, a retired firefighter and bull rider from Gravette, Arkansas, argued for a sentence of up to one year, with credit for the four months he was jailed before trial.
Idk what the judge "should" have done, but 4+ years in prison is nothing to sneeze at. Who's the "biotch" now?
Barnett was convicted in January of eight charges, including obstructing an official proceeding and entering a restricted building with a dangerous weapon. The most serious of the charges carried a maximum 20-year sentence.

The hearing tested the severity of punishment for one of the highest-profile defendants from the Jan. 6, 2021, attack, who carried a dangerous weapon but wasn’t charged with assaulting anyone.

One police officer’s body-worn camera recorded Barnett inside the Capitol.

“We’re are war, pick a side,” Barnett told police. “Don’t be on the wrong side, you’re gonna get hurt.”

... He left a note for the speaker: “Hey Nancy, Bigo was here you biotch,” he wrote.

'The gravity of Barnett's conduct' versus 'life sentence'

In the weeks before the riot, Barnett posted messages on Facebook including a digital flyer promoting “Operation Occupy the Capitol” and subtitled “Taking back our country from corrupt politicians.”

“I ain’t going down easy,” he wrote in one post. “I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone else’s blood. I’m not afraid to go out the same way," he wrote in another post.

On Dec. 31, 2020, Barnett bought a ZAP Hike ‘n Strike Hiking Staff, a stun device concealed in a walking stick that delivers 950,000 volts of electricity the manufacturer testified “induces extreme pain,” and cannisters of pepper spray....

The longest sentence so far in the Jan. 6 attack was 10 years, for a former police officer who assaulted cops outside the Capitol. Prosecutors urged Cooper to give Barnett 87 months.

“An 87-month sentence reflects the gravity of Barnett’s conduct and the need to deter Barnett and others from obstructing the democratic process and dangerously interfering with the police in pursuit of their political beliefs in the future,” prosecutors said.

Barnett’s lawyers argued such a harsh term "would be a life sentence," given his age. He lost his job and had to sell possessions to pay living expenses....
:violin: GoMerrickGo! Comments:
So, going to prison is a good thing for him. Cheaper living expenses. And, a bunch of other rocket scientists to have meals with.
Lost his job, had to sell his possessions to live, and trump is laughing all the way to the bank, never giving this guy a second thought. Just one of many that trump threw under the bus when the going gets rough. I don't see why people are attracted to a person like this and donate to him.
FYI:
Christopher Reid "Casey" Cooper (born September 2, 1966) is an American lawyer who serves as a United States district judge of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.

Appointed by Barack Obama
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's a good week for anti-terrorists:
Oath Keepers Boss Goes on Unhinged Rant as He Awaits His Fate

Moments before being sentenced to 18 years in prison for seditious conspiracy in connection with the Capitol riot, Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes went on an unhinged, politically charged rant—and continued to pledge fealty to the former president whose rhetoric landed him in prison in the first place.
Odds are that the judge had already made up his mind, but it's still probably best to save the crazy until AFTER sentencing.
... Rhodes was found guilty in November of seditious conspiracy and evidence tampering in connection with an insurrection that forced dozens of elected officials into hiding for hours and left several people dead. The far-right leader was convicted of the rare Civil War-era charge alongside Florida Oath Keeper leader Kelly Meggs, who is set to be sentenced on Thursday afternoon.

Prior to his sentencing, Rhodes stressed that he never entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 and noted that his only crime—like Donald Trump— was “opposing those who are destroying our country.”

“This country is incredibly divided..and this prosecution...is making it worse” he added, before saying he hoped Trump won again in 2024.
... U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta seemed to disagree. In a searing speech, he said Rhodes was not a political prisoner and a jury convicted him of one of the “most serious crimes an individual American can commit.” “It’s an offense against the government, to use force. It’s an offense against the people of the country,” he said.

Mehta then said Rhodes presents an “ongoing threat and a peril to this country, to the republic, and to the very fabric of our democracy.”
:---P
... Prosecutors urged Mehta to give him 25 years in prison, the largest sentence in connection with the Capitol riots. Mehta also approved Assistant U.S. Attorney Kathryn Rakoczy’s request to apply a terrorism enhancement to Rhodes’ sentencing after Rakoczy argued that Rhodes set up an armed force outside D.C. and advocated for a civil war.

The terrorism enhancement marks the first time the penalty provision has been approved in the hundreds of Jan. 6 criminal cases, according to The New York Times.

“Treason has been determined to be the appropriate analogue,” Mehta said.
Still the largest sentence yet and gosh, we'll just have to settle for keeping him in prison until he's 75 :twisted: . GoMerrickGo!
... Rhodes was among three Oath Keepers who testified in their own defense but, unlike the others, he took the opportunity on the stand to throw his fellow members under the bus for breaching the Capitol.
Figures. So much for having allies while in prison, snitch.
“I think it was stupid to go into the Capitol. One, because it wasn’t our mission,” Rhodes told jurors in November. “And two, it opened the door for our political enemies to persecute us. And that’s what happened, and here we are.”
We agree that Oath Keepers are stupid. Cool!

:crybaby: It's not persecution when the consequences for stupid terrorism are just. LOCK HIM UP!

Comments:
He could have run for office, he could have started petitions, he could have voted, he could have spoken at city council meetings, he could have written letters to his representatives, he could write an opinion article to spread his idea of a perfect political system, but he chose to try to overthrow a legal election instead. As conservatives always like to say, take some personal responsibility for your choices.
Rhodes was sentenced to 18 years in prison because, according to prosecutors, he "organized an 'armed force' that he directed from afar." Isn't that what Trump also did?
Do your time like a man, Stewie. I'm sure that your pal, Donnie, will set up a comfortable commissary account for you, after he pays off all of his own legal fees. After all, I'm sure Donnie feels a debt of gratitude for all that you and your militia pals have done for him.
And meanwhile, the guy who inspired and orchestrated the Jan 6 event, having sent hundreds of his followers to jail is free as a bird and still lying about having won the 2020 election.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Short of seeing Trump perp-walked off in an orange suit or DeSantis choking on a burrito, that's about the best news I could hope for today. Next comes the leader of the Florida not-so Proud Boys, who's also already been convicted. Toss their asses into the general population with a bunch of Black and Hispanic guys.

Edit: Florida guy got 14 years. :clap:
Last edited by O Really on Thu May 25, 2023 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.