Sedition

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Sedition

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This day may be the tipping point where future POSPOTUS retires to the golf course in Florida and doesn't return to D.C.

Betcha we've seen the last of Melania.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Meet richard
Richard broke into the capital, then into pelosi's office where he stole the Speaker's mail.

https://www.wivb.com/news/man-photograp ... supporter/

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Uh ohs, some people are freaking out that they may be going to jail -

The deleted tweet:

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Trump refused to activate the national guard, leaving it up to Pence:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... reddit.com

Moment pro-Trump rioters storm Senate chamber
Trump ‘resisted sending in National Guard’ after rioters stormed the Capitol
Capitol Hill police overwhelmed by mob

Andrew Buncombe
@AndrewBuncombe
9 hours ago

Donald Trump is said to have initially resisted sending in the National Guard to clear rioters who stormed the US Capitol, leaving it up to Mike Pence to do so.

Even though police on Capitol Hill were overwhelmed after they were stormed by the president’s supporters, shortly after a speech he delivered, Mr Trump was unwilling to activate the National Guard.

The New York Times said, instead, Mr Pence approved the order to deploy the guard, acting in conjunction with Pat Cipollone, the White House counsel.
Looks like it was true. That's really bad.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:39 pm
Of course they're blaming antifa

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... id=ARWLCHR

"But this is completely peaceful," he added, pointing to the building. "This is we the people."

This is Ali Alexander, leader of the so-called Stop the Steal campaign, saying: “I don’t disavow this. I do not denounce this.” pic.twitter.com/0mP0xThAYP

— Kristen Doerer (@k2doe) January 6, 2021
A later tweet from Alexander suggested that "Antifa agitation" could be to blame."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... id=ARWLCHR

"The Republican leader of the California state Senate posted, then quickly deleted, a tweet Wednesday accusing the mob that overran the U.S. Capitol in Washington as belonging to the leftist antifascist group known as antifa and not supporters of President Trump."
It's entirely possible there were some provocateurs, but there's no way it was EVERYONE, or even more than 1% of attendees if I had to guess.

The fact remains that the majority of those that stormed the capital building were still likely part of the Trump cult.

Let's suppose it was a provocateur that busted out the windows of the capital and was the first person to enter the building. Does that excuse everyone else? If I see someone robbing a store and walk in behind them and also take part in robbing the store, I'm still committing a crime. I can't point a finger and say "he instigated it" and walk away with no repurcussions.

Lock them up!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Capitol riots: Dozens of arrests as police find molotov cocktails, pipe bombs and guns at pro-Trump siege
Emergency order extended to take in inauguration day

... officers found two pipe bombs and a cooler with Molotov cocktails, close to the Capitol grounds.

Fox News reported Mr (D.C. Police Chief Robert) Contee as saying officers used tear gas and percussion grenades to clear protesters from the Capitol grounds ahead of the start of the citywide 6pm curfew, ordered by the mayor.

He said about 14 police officers were injured during the protests. One was seriously injured after being pulled into a crowd and assaulted. Another had serious facial injuries.
My guess is that the charges will be severe and that many, many more are coming.

Antifa, Anonymous and others will be busy for awhile IDing, outing and getting fired or boycotted the moronic traitors.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ashli Babbitt: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Ashli Babbitt is a San Diego-area Air Force veteran who was identified as the woman who was shot and killed as people rushed the U.S. Capitol building in an unprecedented scene that included the vice president being rushed to safety, reports of gunfire and IEDs, and people roaming around the chambers of the U.S. Senate.

A graphic live stream video showed Babbitt lying almost motionless on the ground inside the Capitol building as supporters of President Donald Trump milled in a hallway and roamed around the chambers of the U.S. Senate. Babbitt’s husband told KUSI-TV in San Diego that she was a “strong supporter of President Trump, and was a great patriot to all who knew her,” in the words of the station.

Her Twitter page contained references to QAnon, which is a fringe extremist right wing conspiracy theory movement that believes pedophiles are embedded in high-ranking governmental positions. “Nothing will stop us….they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours….dark to light!” she wrote. She had retweeted QAnon accounts and former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.
She was stopped.
... Graphic video captured the moment Babbitt was shot. A shot rings out as she tries to climb through a window into the Speaker’s lobby. That occurred as people, who had already breached the U.S. Capitol building, clustered in a hallway before the lobby door. Warning: The video is disturbing.

Warning, this video is graphic:

... According to KUSI, Babbitt was “a 14-year veteran, who served four tours with the US Air Force, and was a high level security official throughout her time in service.”

... According to her Facebook page, Babbitt was the “Owner/Operator at Fowlers Pool Service and Supply Inc.” She lived in San Diego, was from San Diego and was married.
O Really's homey.
... A man from New Jersey spoke to a journalist and said he was an eyewitness. He had a bloody hand. “We had stormed into the chambers inside, and there was a young lady who rushed through the windows. A number of police and Secret Service were saying get back, get down and get out of the way,” he said.

He continued, “She didn’t heed the call. As we kind of raced up to grab people and pull them back, they shot her in the neck. She fell back on me. She started to say she was fine, it’s cool. Then she started moving weird and blood was coming out of her neck and mouth and nose. I don’t know if she’s alive or dead anymore.”

... Babbitt filled her social media with references to Trump and QAnon.

“I will be in DC on the 6th! God bless America and WWG1WGA,” she wrote on Twitter, making a QAnon reference. She wrote that the California governor had instituted “commie rule.” She responded to a tweet criticizing Nancy Pelosi’s $600 stimulus check support, writing, “It is a smack to the gut for everyone of us…you think ppl are waking up yet?… THEY DONT GIVE A F*** ABOUT US…all they want is power and money …. we must unite!”

She retweeted Georgia lawyer Lin Wood. In December, she wrote, “COVID IS A F****** JOKE!” In September, she wrote, “Trump 2020 landslide! Let freedom ring!”

Another woman wrote on Twitter, “Serious question: Has the government started a war against it’s own people?” Babbitt responded on December 20, “We are not their ppl… they are owned-bought, paid for, enslaved… you can’t sell your soul to devil without a price. They chose, so have we. Dark to light! Let freedom ring and god bless America! God knows, god sees and he is incoming! Nothing can stop what is happening.” ...

Lots more info and video at the link.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Goddamn.

What the fuck else do you expect when you're busting into the US capital building while congress is meeting?

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I hate that this person fell so far deep into this QAnon garbage that she gave her life for nothing. It's sad.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:29 am
Goddamn.

What the fuck else do you expect when you're busting into the US capital building while congress is meeting?

I hate that this person fell so far deep into this QAnon garbage that she gave her life for nothing. It's sad.
Having a hard time generating sympathy. I don't know if mental health counseling can save these people. They're nazi's.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:07 am
Unhinged.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:44 am
Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:29 am
Goddamn.

Having a hard time generating sympathy. I don't know if mental health counseling can save these people. They're nazi's.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:07 am
Unhinged.
Funny how she talks about party over country
Especially given that she served in the Air Force for 14 years, which makes her seditious actions today even more grievous. She should have known better.
No she shouldn't. The fact that she served in the AirForce for 14 years before taking part in a fascist coup makes total sense.
Please elaborate
The military is training ground for white supremacy. That ex military are white supremacists makes total sense.
I believe that USAF is still the most right-wing service. Idk if it's also the most wingnutty.
O Really?
She ain’t woke no more
Well I guess the US average IQ just got bumped up
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:20 am
Trump refused to activate the national guard, leaving it up to Pence:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... reddit.com

Moment pro-Trump rioters storm Senate chamber
Trump ‘resisted sending in National Guard’ after rioters stormed the Capitol
Capitol Hill police overwhelmed by mob

Andrew Buncombe
@AndrewBuncombe
9 hours ago

Donald Trump is said to have initially resisted sending in the National Guard to clear rioters who stormed the US Capitol, leaving it up to Mike Pence to do so.

Even though police on Capitol Hill were overwhelmed after they were stormed by the president’s supporters, shortly after a speech he delivered, Mr Trump was unwilling to activate the National Guard.

The New York Times said, instead, Mr Pence approved the order to deploy the guard, acting in conjunction with Pat Cipollone, the White House counsel.
Looks like it was true. That's really bad.
Actually this may have been effectively the 25th.

"Sorry Mr. Impeached president, but we'll need to check with vp pence before we can do that.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

OK, so I'm no expert on policing, although I have seen some really bad - as well as good - examples. But are these guys in the "Capitol Police" even real cops? Let's skip past whatever neglect, incompetence, or treason led to poor preparation and an undermanned security force. At the point the mob was starting to storm the building, some of the cops pretty much took down the barricades. Was that their order? And if so, some major heads should roll. Or look at the video of the guy who kept backing up the stairs away from a crowd. He had a good defensive position at the top of the stairs, a baton and what looked like an undrawn pistol, but never even made a token effort to hold them back. Was that his order, or is he a pretend mall cop in costume? Sure, if the invaders are trying to take over a city park or some cow pasture in the middle of bumfuque, maybe it's better to let it go and arrest them later. But this is the fucking US Capitol building, and it's their job to defend it. I would never have thought I'd say it, but I almost have more understanding for the cop that's skeered and shoots somebody unnecessarily than one who is also surely skeered - and with good reason - yet basically turns and runs. Very few, if any, of the Capitol Police on site there should keep their jobs and undoubtedly some should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting the crimes committed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:32 pm
OK, so I'm no expert on policing, although I have seen some really bad - as well as good - examples. But are these guys in the "Capitol Police" even real cops? Let's skip past whatever neglect, incompetence, or treason led to poor preparation and an undermanned security force. At the point the mob was starting to storm the building, some of the cops pretty much took down the barricades. Was that their order? And if so, some major heads should roll. Or look at the video of the guy who kept backing up the stairs away from a crowd. He had a good defensive position at the top of the stairs, a baton and what looked like an undrawn pistol, but never even made a token effort to hold them back. Was that his order, or is he a pretend mall cop in costume? Sure, if the invaders are trying to take over a city park or some cow pasture in the middle of bumfuque, maybe it's better to let it go and arrest them later. But this is the fucking US Capitol building, and it's their job to defend it. I would never have thought I'd say it, but I almost have more understanding for the cop that's skeered and shoots somebody unnecessarily than one who is also surely skeered - and with good reason - yet basically turns and runs. Very few, if any, of the Capitol Police on site there should keep their jobs and undoubtedly some should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting the crimes committed.
Ironic that on any other day they screen out people trying to bring in nail clippers. I predict months of investigations, heads rolling, and vastly reduced access for normal citizens.

Photos: How newspapers around the world covered the deadly riots at U.S. Capitol

I'm a cynic and certainly no jingoist, and even I'm ashamed for America.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:10 pm
I believe that USAF is still the most right-wing service. Idk if it's also the most wingnutty.
O Really?
Don't know about the Air Force but it makes sense that the new "Space Force" may be the most right wing. I recently got in touch with a guy I served with on USS Kilauea (AE-26). He's from TX but now lives in OK. He's a trumper and I've not heard from him since I told him that I think trump should be in jail. So that's at least one Navy guy who's gone over the high side. And then we've got tough guy Eddie Gallagher, Navy SEAL who murdered an unarmed Afghan teenager and was turned in by his own guys and then got pardoned by trump. But then again we've got Navy guy Kelly, the astronaut, who is a new Democratic US Senator in AZ. Plus Admiral McRaven......I think there's a few nutjobs spread around in all the military branches. That's how they roll.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:39 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:10 pm
O Really?
Don't know about the Air Force but it makes sense that the new "Space Force" may be the most right wing. I recently got in touch with a guy I served with on USS Kilauea (AE-26). He's from TX but now lives in OK. He's a trumper and I've not heard from him since I told him that I think trump should be in jail. So that's at least one Navy guy who's gone over the high side. And then we've got tough guy Eddie Gallagher, Navy SEAL who murdered an unarmed Afghan teenager and was turned in by his own guys and then got pardoned by trump. But then again we've got Navy guy Kelly, the astronaut, who is a new Democratic US Senator in AZ. Plus Admiral McRaven......I think there's a few nutjobs spread around in all the military branches. That's how they roll.
Mormons and other white supremacists love the AF.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I don't know anything about the Air Force. My little section of it was long ago in a galaxy far away and not part of the "real" Air Force. And I don't know anybody who has been in recently, like in the past 3 decades. But I would think the most right wing bunch would be the Marines.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:01 pm
I don't know anything about the Air Force. My little section of it was long ago in a galaxy far away and not part of the "real" Air Force. And I don't know anybody who has been in recently, like in the past 3 decades. But I would think the most right wing bunch would be the Marines.
I thought that maybe you'd kept up.

My impressions of the USAF are based on a few scandals, Christian con activities and the AF Academy reputation, but I could be wrong.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Aim high. That's what they say. I guess it's something to shoot for.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Why is she rubbing an onion in her eyes?

Because she needs sympathy after confessing to at least 3 felonies.