Wingnut Man states that aren't Florida, Alabama, Georgia, or the Carolinas

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Wingnut Man states that aren't Florida, Alabama, Georgia, or the Carolinas

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:44 am
Poor baby, my question about your bigotry sure makes you cower, Useless, cower. Awww.
Keep on proving what a nutjob you are.

Not that it's not already painfully obvious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Deflect, sackless bigot Useless, deflect.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4672&p=141052&hilit ... ns#p141052
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrudy Fooliani sucks lemons.

And he can't even get the racial composition of Oakland right.

What an ass Vrudy is.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wingnut Man states that are Alabama

Me: Evidence offered, with sourcing, reasonable question.
Useless: Unsupported whining, incessant pansy deflection.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:08 am
Ulysses wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:53 pm
I'd like to see Mr. Bryant come to Oakland and call someone that in public.

Hell, he'd even be in deep detritus if he called someone that in private.
Oakland is 28% African American.
Tarrant, Alabama is 52.3% African American.
What exactly are you saying about Oakland's African Americans compared to ones elsewhere?
It would have not been fair for me to use the “2019 United States Census Bureau American Community Survey estimates” for Oakland since I only had the 2010 Census figures for Tarrant, AL. Pay attention, cretin! However, 24.94% Black in Oakland makes my point even stronger, duh. THANKS!

What a pussy you are!
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wingnut Man states that are Alabama

Your juvenile deflecting tantrums when you've been owned on the facts - or your own facts stupidly exposing your bigotry as being even more stark - are both adorable and pathetic.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wingnut Family states that are Oklahoma

Family has baby shower for pregnant 12-year-old, her accused rapist, Oklahoma cops say

The family of a 12-year-old girl impregnated by a man twice her age “permitted” the relationship and even celebrated her pregnancy with a baby shower, according to Oklahoma police.

Police arrested 24-year-old Juan Miranda-Jara on a charge of first degree rape of a minor earlier this month, according to the Tulsa Police Department

Shortly after the young girl showed up to an area hospital pregnant, police said they were told she had possibly been raped. Investigators took Miranda-Jara into questioning and, as the girl was in labor, he admitted that the child was his, police say, and that he had been “in a relationship” with the girl since October 2020.

But a question lingered, police said: “Where were the parents?”

Apparently, they were present and well-aware of what was happening, according to police.

“The investigation revealed that the victim’s mother and family members were aware of the relationship between the victim and Miranda-Jara,” police said. “The family permitted the relationship, and there are photos of the family throwing a baby shower for the victim and the suspect.”

The girl’s mother, whom McClatchy News is not identifying to protect the identity of her child, has been arrested, according to police. She is facing charges of enabling child sex abuse, and child neglect.
:obscene-birdiered: Lock her, Juan and the other family members up!
The (girl's) father was already in prison, serving a 12 year sentence for an unrelated rape conviction, police said.
Go figure.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wingnut states that are California

viewtopic.php?p=136801#p136801
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:30 pm
... I can see why "No Dems are currently (or likely) to run," but the pessimist in me says there should be one for just in case. No harm in voting 'No' on the recall while also voting for a decent Dem - approved by Newsom so there are no hard feelings - as a safety. If doing so would seriously put Newsom at risk, maybe he should be recalled.

That said, I'm sure you're correct that Newsom will remain Gov, regardless. :thumbup:
O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:39 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:37 am
O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:44 pm
If Newsom was expected to lose, or maybe even if it would be very close, then a replacement Dem would make sense in a heavily Dem majority state. But if he's expected to win, then having alternate Dems on the ballot could dilute the initial vote by people that are Dems but didn't like staying ITFH's. If an "approved" Dem shows up to run, we'll know Newsom is in trouble.
"ITFH's"?
:lol:
Didn't like staying [In Their Fucking Houses]
A new poll shows California Gov. Newsom is in danger of being recalled in the heavily Democratic state

Fifty-one percent of likely California voters say they would vote 'yes' to recall Gov. Gavin Newsom, putting the governor in danger of losing his job, according to a new poll from Survey USA.

These new numbers show a stark reversal from voters in just three months, The Hill reports. A similar poll conducted by Survey USA in May found only 36% of likely voters were in favor of Gov. Newsom's recall, with 47% opposed to his removal from office....

Gov. Newsom is reportedly fearful of the "enthusiasm gap" when it comes to voters, The Hill reports. Polling shows Republicans are more energized ahead of this vote, which further endangers Gov. Newsom's status, even though California is a highly Democratic state.

Still, the current leading challenger is not a member of the Republican Party.

Democrat Kevin Paffrath, a YouTuber and real estate broker, is currently leading the pack with 27% of likely voters saying he's their pick. Republican Larry Elder, a talk radio host, attorney, and documentary filmmaker, follows closely behind with 23% of the vote, according to the poll.

A third candidate, Republican Jon Cox, is the only other candidate to break double digits in the field, currently polling at 10%.
Results of SurveyUSA Election Poll #26046

51% of likely voters in California's upcoming gubernatorial recall election today would vote Yes to recall incumbent California Governor Gavin Newsom, according to SurveyUSA's latest exclusive polling for KABC-TV in Los Angeles and KGTV 10News and The San Diego Tribune.

40% would vote No, to keep Newsom in office....

Caitlyn Jenner (R) 4%
I don't recognize the other also ran names. Many other polls still show the recall failing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Cali ... som_recall

A plurality is all it takes to be Gov until the end of Newsom's term:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Cali ... Background

Looks like developer/realtor Kevin Paffrath is bad for the homeless and bad for tenants, but is otherwise largely a political rookie and unknown. Regardless, he will owe zilch to the Dems. My idea of a "safety" Dem is looking better.

Sept 14. Have you got your absentee ballots organized?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wingnut states that are CA

This describes my concern, that putting all the eggs in the Newsom basket may have been a tactical error.
Newsom wants voters to ignore the recall ballot's second question. They don't have to

For Gov. Gavin Newsom, the only thing that matters in the recall election he faces is how California voters fill out the part of the ballot that can keep him in office. Whether they understand that they also have the right to select a potential replacement isn't part of his equation.

But the singular focus of Newsom and prominent Democrats could be a high-stakes gamble with the party's political and policy agenda. It might also leave millions of voters who soon will receive a ballot in the mail unaware they can cast a vote on both of the recall ballot's questions — even if their preference is to retain Newsom as governor.

"I think it’s unfortunate that the Democratic Party is not giving voters any guidance on what to do on the second question," said Kim Alexander, president of the nonpartisan California Voter Foundation. "It’s going to leave a lot of people confused."

And should a majority of voters cast ballots to expel Newsom, it could produce a new governor chosen by only a small fraction of the electorate....
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Haven't seen the ballot yet (and it is all by mail balloting, by the way), so I don't know if there are even any Dems listed on the ballot. If there are, I'll certainly vote No on the recall, and then cast a vote for the best Dem option if any.

Newsom's team sort of screwed up his listing on the ballot, I understand, though. Can't remember the details at this moment, but it made a news story a few weeks ago.

There's also been some discussion about how the recall law allows those who don't stand a chance in a full election to advance to the highest state office in what is expected to be a very low turnout election. It's a strategy that ousted Gov. Gray Davis decades ago, and installed Arnold S. in his place. This, in a Dem majority state. Arnold was a strange politician. He started off as a Reaganeque right winger, but gradually shifted to a more centrist stance. To his credit he supported environmental causes. And in January of this year, he referred to Trump as a failed leader and the worst president ever. But as governor he had the highest record of vetoing legislation passed by the Dem majority legislature.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:56 pm
Haven't seen the ballot yet (and it is all by mail balloting, by the way), so I don't know if there are even any Dems listed on the ballot. If there are, I'll certainly vote No on the recall, and then cast a vote for the best Dem option if any.

:roll: It's all there in the post prior to my most recent one. There's one guy claiming to be a Dem, but without any history showing that he really is one. If Newsom is recalled, the Dems screwed up royally by not running an acceptable "safety".

Newsom's team sort of screwed up his listing on the ballot, I understand, though. Can't remember the details at this moment, but it made a news story a few weeks ago.

It won't say that he's a Dem thanks to his team's lapse, likely inconsequential.

There's also been some discussion about how the recall law allows those who don't stand a chance in a full election to advance to the highest state office in what is expected to be a very low turnout election. It's a strategy that ousted Gov. Gray Davis decades ago, and installed Arnold S. in his place....

Yep, a plurality wins, as stated in the post prior to my most recent one.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:18 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:56 pm

:roll: It's all there in the post prior to my most recent one. There's one guy claiming to be a Dem, but without any history showing that he really is one. If Newsom is recalled, the Dems screwed up royally by not running an acceptable "safety".

It won't say that he's a Dem thanks to his team's lapse, likely inconsequential.

There's also been some discussion about how the recall law allows those who don't stand a chance in a full election to advance to the highest state office in what is expected to be a very low turnout election. It's a strategy that ousted Gov. Gray Davis decades ago, and installed Arnold S. in his place....

Yep, a plurality wins, as stated in the post prior to my most recent one.
Here's an another article on the "Dem" in question, Kevin Paffrath:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/08/07 ... -governor/

He's born in Germany, emigrated to Florida when he was a kid (?), then to Ventura California where he's been ever since. It would appear he's got little to no political or government experience, which may endear him to some. His views are a strange mix of conservative and liberal. He made his fortune (all of $5 million, not that much these days) and notoriety in real estate and Youtube videos. Probably unless someone better comes along I'll probably select him to prevent a registered Republican from seizing power. But since whoever "wins" the recall, the next election is next year, so their sojourn in the Governor's Mansion in Sacramento may be short-lived.

And of course I'll be voting No on recalling Newsom too. I admit he's not the most personable governor but a heck of a lot better than previous ones. I hope this recall fails, in part because it will piss off the conservatives who are aiming to game the system (recall process) to gain (or regain) power.

And the recall election is basically a big waste of money.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'm certainly voting "no" on recall.
Regarding the lack of a Dem backup, there is a theory that having one in the Davis recall actually contributed to his losing. Makes it easier for somebody to say, "Davis is no good, but here's another Dem we can elect." Opps.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:14 pm
Regarding the lack of a Dem backup, there is a theory that having one in the Davis recall actually contributed to his losing. Makes it easier for somebody to say, "Davis is no good, but here's another Dem we can elect." Opps.
It's a coin flip.
If Newsom survives by a large margin, it didn't matter.
If Newsom barely survives you can say, "Told you."
If Newsom doesn't survive I can say, "Told you."
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:26 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:14 pm
It's a coin flip.
If Newsom survives by a large margin, it didn't matter.
If Newsom barely survives you can say, "Told you."
If Newsom doesn't survive I can say, "Told you."
Looks like you have a three-sided coin there.

LOL.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

San Diego Wingnut Man

Dreadlocked White Dude FLIPS OUT With Anti-Vax Rant Before SD County Council: ‘HAVE YOU BEEN A GOOD LITTLE NAZI?!’

Vaccinations for Covid-19 have proven to be a safe and effective way for citizens to both stay out of the hospital and stay alive amid the global pandemic caused by the potentially deadly pathogen. That hasn’t kept a persistent and largely misinformed subset of people who find vaccine mandates to be a serious infringement on their personal freedoms to risk getting deathly ill due to their … liberties.

Take for example Matt Baker, who is the dreadlocked White dude who went off in a seriously unhinged fit of rage before a San Diego County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday. Channeling some sort of Rastafarian version of pro wrestler Hulk Hogan, Baker went off at the microphone, warning about what he sees as the downside of vaccine passports....

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Man, I just don't get it. There are so many issues of significance - some of which would certainly help to support a contention of "damgummint over-running my freedom" and they get little attention. How in hell do masks and vaccines get elevated to the most important issue to get people running to the barricades?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: San Diego Wingnut Man

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:51 pm
Man, I just don't get it. There are so many issues of significance - some of which would certainly help to support a contention of "damgummint over-running my freedom" and they get little attention. How in hell do masks and vaccines get elevated to the most important issue to get people running to the barricades?
45SHOLE, DeSantis, Abbott, Tucker . . .

Sure can't allow people to get worked up over real civil liberties impositions that RepuQs support.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Particularly if one lives in or around a medium to large city, there are countless irritations, annoyances, and inconveniences - many of which are created by the city council, the cops, the school boards/administration, the homeowners association, yada. School people are measuring your daughter's shorts instead of teaching her critical thinking skills; the DMV apparently intentionally understaffs at the same times most people are visiting; the idiot zoning board lets yet another strip center rape the woods at the edge of your neighborhood; gas stations raise prices the day a storm is predicted in the Gulf; line ups to wait in, rules, hassles - all a part of daily life and rarely responded to with public protests or community meeting rants. Even given the DeSantis, Abbot et. al. try to get a distraction going, how is it successful when it's something as trivial as masks or as beneficial as vaccines? How do you get a third of American citizens to think masks are a nation-threatening constitutional issue? This country is thoroughly and totally screwed past any redemption.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wingnut states that are Alabama

Husband shot by wife’s boyfriend secretly living in Alabama home, sheriff says

An Alabama man was shot by his wife’s boyfriend, who was secretly living in the couple’s home, officials said.

The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office said the wife told her husband that an “intruder” was in their Creola home Sunday night and he armed himself with a gun, WPMI reported. The men shot each other and both went to the hospital, the news outlet reported.

The sheriff’s office said Michael Amacker, the wife’s boyfriend for over a year, had been living at the house shortly before the shooting, WALA reported.

“She had been allowing him to stay within the home for a couple of days, providing him food,” Mobile County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Paul Burch told WKRG. “There were bottles of urine in the room, which indicated he had been in there for a little while.”

The sheriff’s office hadn’t uncovered a motive for the wife telling her husband that Amacker was an intruder, WKRG reported. Investigators said she was too intoxicated to be interviewed after the shooting, the news outlet reported.

Amacker was in jail on charges of attempted murder, possession of a firearm with an altered serial number and possession of a controlled substance.
Oh, those crazy Alabamans!
1312. ETTD.