Mass Shootings

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Mass Shootings

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:22 pm
(tweet about Cooper)
:thumbup: :(

How inured to mass shootings have we become? We have 5 current or former NCers and nearby Whack9 here, yet none of us have yet mentioned yesterday's:
Suspect in Raleigh shooting is 15 years old and in critical condition, police say

The mass shooting in Raleigh, N.C., that killed five people including a police officer was carried out by a 15-year-old who is now in critical condition, officials said on Friday....
:( Je suis Raleigh.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:32 pm

How inured to mass shootings have we become? We have 5 current or former NCers and nearby Whack9 here, yet none of us have yet mentioned yesterday's:

The mass shooting in Raleigh, N.C., that killed five people including a police officer was carried out by a 15-year-old who is now in critical condition, officials said on Friday....
😥😕

It's not just us. It's already out or very low in the news cycle.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'm sure thoughts and prayers were sent by all the usual people.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Suspect in Raleigh shootings likely killed his 16-year-old brother first, according to preliminary report

... The suspect has not been charged. However, Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman has said her office intends on charging the 15-year-old as an adult....
Saw this in the ER all the time. If he's under arrest the cops have to pay the medical bills. Usually, a cop was right there to arrest the suspect upon discharge. Sometimes, they'd want us to call when discharge was imminent. I never did that - HIPAA violation, IMO. I mostly did not get in trouble for my lack of kowtowing to cops.
... When the police moved in about three hours later, they found the suspect with a shotgun and shells nearby, according to the report. He had a handgun in his waistband and an empty knife sheath clipped to his belt. A knife was recovered at the front of the building, the report adds.
No mention of why he had access to the guns.
... According to the non-profit Gun Violence Archive, there have been at least 546 mass shootings in the United States this year as of Tuesday. That’s an average of more than 1.8 mass shootings every day.

Both the Gun Violence Archive and CNN define a mass shooting as one in which at least four people are shot, excluding the shooter.
:shock: :(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

BREAKING: 5 dead, 18 injured in shooting at gay nightclub in Colorado Springs

Anderson Lee Aldrich: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

We know that here in the US each decade since at least the 1970s most domestic terror attacks have been perpetrated by White, male, often Christian, cons.

The suspect is identified as 22 year old Anderson Lee Aldrich and he used a long gun. He was involved in a standoff with LEOs following a bomb threat in 2021. However, we don't yet know his motive. The club is calling it a "hate attack", but the police are just saying that is one angle they're investigating.

Je suis Colorado Springs. :(
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:52 am
BREAKING: 5 dead, 18 injured in shooting at gay nightclub in Colorado Springs

Anderson Lee Aldrich: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

We know that here in the US each decade since at least the 1970s most domestic terror attacks have been perpetrated by White, male, often Christian, cons.

The suspect is identified as 22 year old Anderson Lee Aldrich and he used a long gun. He was involved in a standoff with LEOs following a bomb threat in 2021. However, we don't yet know his motive. The club is calling it a "hate attack", but the police are just saying that is one angle they're investigating.

Je suis Colorado Springs. :(
?

"the release says. It says he was booked into the El Paso County Jail on charges of felony menacing and first-degree kidnapping."

"Authorities would not comment on any past criminal history for Anderson Aldrich. There is no ongoing court case listed for Anderson Aldrich in Colorado court records. No formal charges were ever filed, and the case was sealed, so it’s not clear why, Gazette.com reported."

I can easily imagine that a black person would be treated more harshly and that a Muslim could receive as much as a life sentence for kidnapping and terrorism, but I still find it hard to see them just letting him go after all the efforts spent to capture him.

Yep, I'm confused.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:35 am
?

"the release says. It says he was booked into the El Paso County Jail on charges of felony menacing and first-degree kidnapping."
I'm not finding that statement in either of the articles I linked.
"Authorities would not comment on any past criminal history for Anderson Aldrich. There is no ongoing court case listed for Anderson Aldrich in Colorado court records. No formal charges were ever filed, and the case was sealed, so it’s not clear why, Gazette.com reported."
That's from my 2nd link, the heavy.com article. Just before that is:
... Then 21, Aldrich “refused to comply with deputies’ orders to surrender,” and officials were told he had a “homemade bomb, multiple weapons, and ammunition.” ...
billy.pilgrim wrote:
I can easily imagine that a black person would be treated more harshly and that a Muslim could receive as much as a life sentence for kidnapping and terrorism, but I still find it hard to see them just letting him go after all the efforts spent to capture him.
That's silly :P . A black person would have been shot and killed.
Caveat: I don't yet know Anderson Lee Aldrich's race, but I'm guessing that he's White.
Yep, I'm confused.
I hope I helped. ;)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:34 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
?

I'm not finding that statement in either of the articles I linked.
That's from my 2nd link, the heavy.com article. Just before that is:
... Then 21, Aldrich “refused to comply with deputies’ orders to surrender,” and officials were told he had a “homemade bomb, multiple weapons, and ammunition.” ...
billy.pilgrim wrote:
That's silly :P . A black person would have been shot and killed.
Caveat: I don't yet know Anderson Lee Aldrich's race, but I'm guessing that he's White.
Yep, I'm confused.
I hope I helped. ;)
The #2 in your linked article

"Eventually he complied and walked out the front door after a crisis negotiations unit became involved, the release says. It says he was booked into the El Paso County Jail on charges of felony menacing and first-degree kidnapping. That press release said a mugshot for Aldrich would be released in the future. Heavy contacted the jail to seek that mugshot and was sent to a voicemail that is full.

Authorities would not comment on any past criminal history for Anderson Aldrich. There is no ongoing court case listed for Anderson Aldrich in Colorado court records. No formal charges were ever filed, and the case was sealed, so it’s not clear why, Gazette.com reported."

I'm still very confused about this.

I do agree that the black guy would have been shot. I have no idea what would have led me to think otherwise. Thanks for pointing out my naivety.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:26 pm
The #2 in your linked article
That was added after I posted. I still had the page open and when I refreshed it your quote appeared. Sorry.
I'm still very confused about this.
-0-? Maybe a mental health crisis and they cut him some slack if he got help, his being White and all. Maybe there was no bomb, other weapons or actual kidnapping?
I do agree that the black guy would have been shot. I have no idea what would have led me to think otherwise. Thanks for pointing out my naivety.
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:46 pm
We were so close to being rid of her.

Lauren Boebert, Gun Lover and Anti-LGBTQ Troll, Offers ‘Prayers’ for Club Shooting Victims
CO3 abuts Colorado Springs.
... Chasten Buttigieg, Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg’s husband ... slammed her on Twitter: “You encourage this type of hatred. Get off Twitter and start looking inward.” ...
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

“You have played a major role in elevating anti-LGBT+ hate rhetoric and anti-trans lies while spending your time in Congress blocking even the most common sense gun safety laws.”

“You don’t get to ‘thoughts and prayers’ your way out of this. Look inward and change.”

-- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
https://news.yahoo.com/aoc-tells-boeber ... 28427.html

:---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Yeah.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:52 pm
Yeah.

Ahem,
... By Republican logic, we should now put 2 GAY club goers in every school in America.

RESISTING CRIME: THE EFFECTS OF VICTIM ACTION ON THE OUTCOMES OF CRIMES

Crime victims who use weapons other than guns for self-defense are less likely to sustain injuries than those who use a firearm.

A Study of Active Shooter Incidents in the United States Between 2000 and 2013
www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2014/september ... 0-and-2013

An FBI review of active shooter incidents that occurred between 2000 and 2013 found that of 160 incidents:
21 were stopped by unarmed citizens
Armed individuals stopped six incidents (four of them were trained security guards)
Two incidents were stopped by armed civilians – one was a former US Marine, and the other an off-duty police officer
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rage-sadness ... 18489.html
... The suspect in the fatal shooting of five people at a Colorado gay nightclub changed his name more than six years ago as a teenager, after filing a legal petition in Texas saying he wanted to “protect himself” from a father with a criminal history....
Hmm, how did that work out? I'll bet it's now the father that is glad that he changed his name.

I am okay with holding a perp 100% accountable AND with understanding influencing factors. For example, besides the alleged bullying:
Criminal dad;
Absentee mom that later refuses to cooperate after the bomb threat incident;
Grandparent guardians where the grandpa is a Cult .45 RepuQ legislator who cheered the J6 terrorists:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/21/us/ander ... index.html
... As a lawmaker, Voepel attracted attention when he compared the January 6 attack on the US Capitol to the Revolutionary War.

“This is Lexington and Concord. First shots fired against tyranny,” he said, according to The San Diego Union Tribune. “Tyranny will follow in the aftermath of the Biden swear in on January 20th.” ...
Randy Voepel

Also:

This Sheriff Was All About the Second Amendment Before the Club Q Attack

The ammosexual sheriff and county Board oppose enforcement of red flag laws.

Finally:
Intolerant RW city;
A bigot US Rep from CO in Bozobert, and possibly others.

Pretty good recipe for a terrorist. Everybody wants to prevent repeats of this massacre, right? Right?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:07 am
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rage-sadness ... 18489.html
... The suspect in the fatal shooting of five people at a Colorado gay nightclub changed his name more than six years ago as a teenager, after filing a legal petition in Texas saying he wanted to “protect himself” from a father with a criminal history....
Hmm, how did that work out? I'll bet it's now the father that is glad that he changed his name.

I am okay with holding a perp 100% accountable AND with understanding influencing factors. For example, besides the alleged bullying:
Criminal dad;
Absentee mom that later refuses to cooperate after the bomb threat incident;
Grandparent guardians where the grandpa is a Cult .45 RepuQ legislator who cheered the J6 terrorists:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/21/us/ander ... index.html
... As a lawmaker, Voepel attracted attention when he compared the January 6 attack on the US Capitol to the Revolutionary War.

“This is Lexington and Concord. First shots fired against tyranny,” he said, according to The San Diego Union Tribune. “Tyranny will follow in the aftermath of the Biden swear in on January 20th.” ...
Randy Voepel

Also:

This Sheriff Was All About the Second Amendment Before the Club Q Attack

The ammosexual sheriff and county Board oppose enforcement of red flag laws.

Finally:
Intolerant RW city;
A bigot US Rep from CO in Bozobert, and possibly others.

Pretty good recipe for a terrorist. Everybody wants to prevent repeats of this massacre, right? Right?
prayers, hugs and kisses

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Surprised he was charged. Back in July the DA said there was no law he'd broken.

Not a particularly heavy indictment but better than nothing I guess.

Bob Crimo, Father Of Accused Highland Park Mass Shooter, Faces Charges
Prosecutors charged Bob Crimo with seven counts of reckless conduct — one for each of the paradegoers his son is accused of killing.

BTW, the mother is a kook too.

https://www.arlingtoncardinal.com/2022/ ... -shooting/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:07 pm
Surprised he was charged. Back in July the DA said there was no law he'd broken.

Not a particularly heavy indictment but better than nothing I guess.

Bob Crimo, Father Of Accused Highland Park Mass Shooter, Faces Charges
Prosecutors charged Bob Crimo with seven counts of reckless conduct — one for each of the paradegoers his son is accused of killing.
... Reckless conduct is a class 4 felony that can be punished by a sentence ranging from probation to three years in state prison, usually served concurrently. The crime is defined as when a person "by any means lawful or unlawful, recklessly performs an act or acts" that harms or endangers someone....
In theory 21 years. We'll see.
:lol: Not after a mass murder, of course, but I've known women that would treat massed cops exactly that way.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Creepy AF.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Great start!

This is gonna make a fun thread on LNF.

Illinois House approves assault weapons ban