Mass Shootings

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Mass Shootings

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Small victories may eventually add up.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Very cool. Good luck with keeping it.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:14 pm
Small victories may eventually add up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidaxelrod ... 6422346752
Are these included in IL's assault weapons ban?
The 'JR-15,' an AR-15 rifle for kids, is being marketed again weeks after a 6-year-old shot a teacher

... The JR-15 is a .22 long rifle roughly 20% smaller than a standard AR-15 that weighs less than 2-and-½ pounds. It is geared toward "smaller enthusiasts," according to Wee 1 Tactical, the manufacturer that makes the guns.

... The promotional material references "American family values" and says that the gun is the first in a line of "shooting platforms designed to safely help adults introduce young enthusiasts to the shooting sports."
:roll: :obscene-birdiered:

Guess it's not included?
The Illinois gun manufacturer sparked widespread condemnation when it unveiled the firearm in February last year....

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene tweeted in support of the firearm last year, suggesting that children at the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, could have defended themselves with the JR-15.
:roll: :puke-left:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, a lot of countries and cultures have used children for warriors and workers. You suppose these idiots really want to emulate them?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:57 am
Yeah, a lot of countries and cultures have used children for warriors and workers. You suppose these idiots really want to emulate them?
We use elderly Chinese-American men?
7 dead as California mourns 3rd mass killing in 8 days

A gunman killed seven people at two agricultural businesses in Northern California, plunging the state into mourning again in the wake of its third mass killing in eight days.

Officers arrested a suspect in Monday’s shootings, 67-year-old Chunli Zhao, after they found him in his car in the parking lot of a sheriff’s substation, San Mateo County Sheriff Christina Corpus said.

Seven people were found dead and an eighth injured at a farm and another location several miles away, the Sheriff’s Office said. Officials believe Zhao worked at one of the facilities and that the victims were workers as well, Corpus said. Officials haven’t determined a motive for the shooting.

California is still reeling from an attack on a Lunar New Year celebration in Monterey Park that killed 11 and cast a shadow over an important holiday for many Asian-American communities. Authorities are still seeking a motive for the Saturday shooting.

The new year has brought a shocking string of mass killings in the U.S. — six in less than three weeks, accounting for 39 deaths....

The killings occurred on the outskirts of Half Moon Bay, a city about 30 miles (48 kilometers) south of San Francisco.

Half Moon Bay Vice Mayor Joaquin Jimenez said the victims included Chinese and Latino farmworkers. Some workers lived at one of the facilities and children may have witnessed the shooting, she said....

On Jan. 16, a teenage mother and her baby were among six people killed in a shooting at a home in California's Central Valley.
:cry:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Granted, high-pop state, but CA is still going through a rough patch:

At least 3 dead, 4 wounded in shooting in upscale Benedict Canyon area of L.A.

:(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Monterey Park, Half Moon Bay, now Brooklyn, what is it with homicidal elderly Chinese-American men his year?

What we know about the suspect in the Brooklyn U-Haul truck crash

It's the Year of the (Killer) Rabbit (of Caerbannog).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw

Breaking, at least 3 dead and 5 injured, no arrest:

Michigan State Active Shooter Reports at Berkey Hall

:problem: :(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:57 am
Speaking of children:

The MSU Shooting Is Making Us See A New Kind Of Gun Tragedy

Kids who experience a second school shooing before they complete college.
... Among the students at MSU were several who were at Oxford High School, north of Detroit, where a gunman killed four and wounded seven others in late 2021. One texted her mother, according to an account in the Detroit Free Press, and said “Mom, I just want to come home, I want to hold you.” ...

More than just locals, though:

MSU Student Who Also Survived Sandy Hook Demands Change On Gun Violence
A 21-year-old woman recalled the lingering effects of enduring the Newtown, Connecticut, mass shooting in a viral social media post.

:shock: :angry-banghead:

She had posted a TikTok, but now "This account is private". I'll bet she got a flood of cruel attacks by gun nuts.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

"...demands change..."
Pissing into the wind

O Really
Admiral

Guy in Arkabutla Mississippi goes on a rampage and shoots family members and others.

Mississippi is dark red and consistently votes in pro-gun right wingers
Mississippi has the highest rate of gun deaths in the nation, 20.4 deaths per 100K, at a cost of nearly $10 billion annually.
On average, 607 people die by guns in Mississippi per year.
Carry "permits" are available, but it is not required to carry a handgun either openly or concealed
Candidates for office actively seek NRA endorsement and tout membership on their campaign materials
Arkabutla MS is 25 miles or so from the Memphis metro area, which has one of the highest violent crime rates in the nation

Commenting on TV, an Arkabutla woman says, "I just don't know how this could happen here."
How, indeed.

Edit: Young guy interviewed, who had found one of the victims, had a crossed rifle logo on his hoodie.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:40 am
Guy in Arkabutla Mississippi goes on a rampage and shoots family members and others....
Georgia says, "Hold my beer."
Man, 15-year-old arrested in shooting of 9 children at Ga. gas station

Two people, including a teenager, have been arrested and charged in connection with the shooting of nine children at a Georgia gas station last week.

Columbus police were called to a Shell gas station just after 10 p.m. on Feb. 17 where they found nine juveniles suffering from gunshot wounds.
:wtf:
All nine victims, which included a 5-year-old boy, were taken to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries....
Phew. Almost seems impossible.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Problem solved, now we can get back to important things like CRT.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:13 pm
Problem solved, now we can get back to important things like CRT.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkows ... 1286205443
America is clinically insane.
Coming soon, an underground bunker that doubles as a pencil holder.
America

Brilliant. Sad.
But VaTech.
This proves that our leaders have flat out given up on our kids.
I wonder how much teachers in classrooms outside of America have to talk about someone coming inside to massacre them all.

Because in America we have to talk about it *a lot*
What if the shooter stands on a table and pulls themself up to the top and moves the ceiling boards and shoots over the top? 😳
Good point.
Guns Over People, perfect.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:28 pm

Guns Over People, perfect.
True dat.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Guns over people says it all.

I've long felt that the bammers were republicans, but the guns over people poster sealed it. Both are Red Elephants and both not only support murdering women, but they praise those who murder and carry guns to school.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:45 am

I've long felt that the bammers were republicans, but the guns over people poster sealed it. Both are Red Elephants and both not only support murdering women, but they praise those who murder and carry guns to school.
:thumbup:

Great strides were made in diversity today :( :

7 dead, including shooter and 3 children, at Nashville Christian school: Here's everything we know
Police said the suspect was a 28-year-old who identified as transgender a woman and was once a student at the private school.

Private xtian madrassa
Adult shooter, a former student there
Transgender man, meaning born with a female body type

Otoh, White as usual for school shooters.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:14 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:45 am

:thumbup:

Great strides were made in diversity today :( :

7 dead, including shooter and 3 children, at Nashville Christian school: Here's everything we know
Police said the suspect was a 28-year-old who identified as transgender a woman and was once a student at the private school.

Private xtian madrassa
Adult shooter, a former student there
Transgender man, meaning born with a female body type

Otoh, White as usual for school shooters.
Don't forget about the easy access to AR 15's.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Thank fuck they are protecting our children from drag shows and explicit-ish content in books and other symbolic non-issues.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

O Really
Admiral

I keep seeing "how many children have to die before somebody does something?"
That's the wrong question, because it presumes that the number of dead kids and action on preventing gun violence is related. It's not. The question should be "how many gun lobby-owned congress critters do we have to replace to get anything done?" And the answer is "more than are ever going to happen." This is life in the good ol' USA.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:19 am
I keep seeing "how many children have to die before somebody does something?"
That's the wrong question, because it presumes that the number of dead kids and action on preventing gun violence is related. It's not. The question should be "how many gun lobby-owned congress critters do we have to replace to get anything done?" And the answer is "more than are ever going to happen." This is life in the good ol' USA.
A radical response might be: How many gun lobbyists and their congress critter puppets have to die before somebody does something? :twisted:

Remember US Rep Andy Ogles from a month ago, the George Santos of TN?
viewtopic.php?p=181248#p181248
Gun-Loving GOP Congressman From Nashville Torched For Response To School Shooting
Rep. Andy Ogles, who represents the district where The Covenant School shooting occurred, posted a Christmas photo with his family toting guns in 2021.

... “My family and I are devastated by the tragedy that took place at The Covenant School in Nashville this morning,” Ogles’ statement said. “We are sending our thoughts and prayers to the families of those lost. As a father of three, I am utterly heartbroken by this senseless act of violence. I am closely monitoring the situation and working with local officials.” ...

:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:
Those who spoke out included: Fred Guttenberg, who became a prominent gun control advocate after his daughter Jaime was killed in the 2018 Parkland school shooting; Shannon Watts, founder of gun violence prevention group Moms Demand Action; Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-Texas); and Rep. Greg Landsman (D-Ohio)....
Veronica Escobar
@vgescobar

How much more bloodshed will it take?

It’s. The. Guns.
Greg Landsman
@GregLandsman

Andy and I talked just last week about our kids. It was a nice conversation.

I had no idea that he feels so strongly about assault weapons.

If someone like Andy would say, ‘hey, we don’t need these kinds of weapons,’ we could make some real change.

I’ll ask him this week.
... On Ogles’ campaign website, he said he would “fight tirelessly” to protect Second Amendment rights. It states: “Disarming the people is the most effective way to enslave them, and we must remain vigilant when anyone seeks to erode our civil liberties.”

Formerly the mayor of Maury County, Tennessee, Ogles touts on his House bio that he was recognized as “Tennessee’s most conservative mayor.”

In February, Ogles was exposed for embellishing many elements of his résumé, including the degree he studied and his work fighting international sex trafficking.

He wasn’t the only gun-toting lawmaker to send prayers Monday. Rep. Lauren Boebert, who shared a very similar family Christmas photo in 2021, was also reamed for her futile message about the violence.
More tweets at the link.

Responsible TN5 parents and others must feel pretty hopeless having Ogles as their Rep. :(
1312. ETTD.